Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ash Wand, 14 1/4", Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Isabella made her way carefully to the lakefront. Pammy had given her some ice skates for Christmas and she wanted to try them out on the lake. She was nervous because she had only been ice skating a few times at the most. Either way, she was still excited to try it out. She kept wobbling her way over and pulled her hat down to keep her ears covered from the cold.
When she got to the edge of the lake she slowly slid her way into the middle, and then did a slow circle around the entire lake. She paused and stood around, hoping someone would join her.
blairwaldorf18.jpg

Cyndi was tired of being cooped up in the castle, so even though it was freezing out, she decided to go take a walk outside. As Cyndi walked down toward the lake, she was happy that she had bundled herself up with a hat, scarf and gloves in addition to her muggle coat. In the middle of the lake, Cyndi saw a young girl who looked familiar.

"Hi." Cyndi said as she reached the lake and then realizing that the girl might not be able to hear her, she waved.

Isabella was getting cold standing around, so she had decided to do a couple more laps around the lake to warm her body up. She thought she saw someone in the distance but couldn't see clearly. When she came around however, she saw the girl wave and the faint whisper of a "Hi."
Isabella skidded to a halt and the ice shavings scattered everywhere and then skated over to the edge to talk to her. Bella recognized her from somewhere but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. "Hi," she said, returned the greeting.

Cyndi saw the girl looking at her as if she recognized her but couldn't remember where from. "Umm...I'm Cyndi. We met in the trophy room a while back." Cyndi said and hoped that the girl would remember.

Cyndi began looking around the lake. She didn't have any skates to join the girl, but she noticed that there was plenty of snow around. Cyndi was thinking of making a snowman, but she wanted to talk to her a little more first before she began.

"Ohh yes!" Isabella exclaimed, that was where she remembered her from. "Yes I remember, back when all the students from the two other schools first arrived! I'm Isabella," she added, in case she had forgotten. Isabella smiled at her and calmed her breathing since she seemed to have gotten all excited. She inhaled and exhaled slowly and said, "So, how are you?"

Cyndi smiled as the girl remembered her. She was glad that the girl said her name because although Cyndi remembered the girl she did not remember her name. "Yup. I'm doing good. I was bored in the castle, so I decided to come outside." Cyndi answered, "I'm thinking of making a snowman. Do you want to help?"

Isabella looked around at the snow and it did look inviting so she said, "Sure! Let me just take off my ice skates," she said as she sat down on the snow to pull off her skates and put on the boots that were hanging over her shoulder. When she was done she stood up and said, "I've never made a snowman before, have you?"

Cyndi was happy that Isabella wanted to join her. The job would be easier if there were more people, but they would make do. Cyndi smiled at her, "Sure. It's not so difficult. First we have to roll the snow into a giant ball and then we make two that are smaller and put them on top. And then, we put the hat and stuff."

At that moment, an idea struck her, so she looked around and found a piece of wood. Cyndi frantically searched her pocket until she found her quill and she quickly wrote something on the wood. When she was done, she held it up. It read, Welcome to the Lake! "We can have our snowman hold this when we're done" Cyndi said and then she bent down to start rolling the snow into a ball.

Isabella smiled at Cyndi and said, "Good idea!" After Cindy began rolling the snow into a ball, Isabella decided she'd start on the second large snowball, however after a while she stood up and panted. "This is a lot harder than I thought it would be," she said laughing a little.

Cyndi giggled. "Yea...it is. At least we can use magic to pile the snowballs on top of each other when we're done." Cyndi finished with the base and waited patiently for Isabella to finish the second ball.

"Oh yeah!" Isabella said, suddenly remembering her wand, tucked in her sweater sleeve. After a few short minutes Isabella finally finished with the second snowball and said, "Done! Now what?"

"Ok. Why don't you put your snowball on top of mine, while I make the head." Cyndi set to work making the snowman's head. She was done quickly as it didn't need to be so big. Cyndi pulled out her wand and waited patiently for Isabella to put her part first.

"Okay," Isabella said. She pulled out her wand from inside her sweater sleeve and thought of which spell to use. She felt a little embarrassed because Cyndi probably knew loads more spells than she did but she shrugged the feeling off. Finally she settled on one as she swish and flicked and said, "Windgardium Leviosa!" The medium-sized snowball flew in the air very slowly since it was heavy, and bits of snow fell off but she managed to get it on top of the larger snowball. "There," she said, padding snow back on to the places where some fell off.

"It's looking great" Cyndi said with a smile as she pulled her own wand out. "Wingardium Leviosa!" she said as she pointed her wand to the head piece and directed it to its spot on top of Isabella's.

Cyndi took a step back and looked at the snowman. Isabella and Cyndi's work was paying off as the snowman began to take shape. "Ok...now we need to look for something to use as eyes, arms and a nose" Cyndi announced. "Maybe we should split up to find the stuff."

Isabella agreed and said, "Yeah it is huh?" and nodded as Cydni said they should split up and look around. "I'll go this way and around the lake as far as I can until I find some stuff," Isabella said, pointing to her left. She walked around picking up random rocks but then throwing them down as she found better, rounder ones.
She walked really far around the lake searching hopelessly until she finally saw a few twigs scattered on the ground by a tree. She walked towards the tree and saw that one or two larger twigs could pass as arms so she picked them up and chose the better two. She looked back towards where their snowman was and ran back to it.

Cyndi saw Isabella go toward the far side of the lake, so she walked in the opposite direction. Cyndi tripped over a few rocks and picked them up, placing each into her pocket. She didn't find any twigs that were large enough to be arms,and she hoped that Isabella would have better luck.

Just as she was about to turn around to head back, Cyndi saw a piece of black cloth sticking out from beneath the snow. She walked over to it and gave it a tug. It turned out to be a scarf. Cyndi held it in her hand and returned to the snowman. Cyndi saw Isabella running over and waved the scarf toward her, "Look what I found!" Cyndi yelled. She waited for Isabella to reach her so that they could compare what they had each found.

[Hope you don't mind me joining...I am up for an rp :D]

Nina walked out of the tents with her Hufflepuff scarf wrapped around her neck tightly and her jacket on, her hair up in a high pony tail and wearing earmuffs. It was rather cold today. Nina walked over to the lake with her skates in her hand hoping to get in some more practise time as her last one she was a little distracted by Alex. Nina walked over only to see a younger girl with someone she vaguely recognized. Nina noticed they were making a snowman and chuckled lightly and she began to put her skates on. Nina stepped onto the ice with her knees buckling as she did this and she glided softly and then began to actually skate as gracefully as she could.

[Sure you can join :) ]

Isabella held on to her hat as she ran to the snowman so it wouldn't fall off. When she got there she saw Cyndi waving a scarf and Isabella grinned at her. That'll make our snowman look really cool! she thought. When she reached Cyndi she said, "Okay, I have a few rocks for whatever we need them for, and I found two arms!" she said excitedly, holding up the large twigs.

She then saw the Hogwarts Scotland champion walk out of their tents and go ice skating as Isabella had done earlier. She saw her new skates left forgotten on the side of the lake and thought of joining her but didn't want to leave Cyndi left out. "Do you think she'll want to join us?" Isabella asked Cyndi.

Nina began to get a little bit more confident and did larger strides as if she was skiing and it became a lot easier. Nina beamed and then decided she would have some fun but not before taking out her wand and using a spell on the ice that if she fell wouldn't hurt her. When Nina finished this for extra precaution muttered, "Protego." Nina then put her wand away and started to gather a lot of speed then did a messy single Axel. Nina laughed with the upmost joy as she landed it.

Cyndi noticed that Nina had come down to skate on the lake. She waved at her and then turned her attention to Isabella who had just reached her. "Awesome! You found twigs." Cyndi said with a great big smile on her face.

Cyndi noticed that Isabella looked toward her skates as she saw Nina skating, and Cyndi knew that the girl probably wanted to get back to skating. "Umm, you can ask her if you'd like or...I can finish this up if you'd like to join Nina. I won't mind" Cyndi said. As she waited for Isabella's answer, she began to tie the scarf she had found around the snowman's neck.

"No, this is my first snowman, and I want to enjoy it," Isabella said smiling up at Cyndi. She then stuck the two twigs on each side of the snowman to make arms for it. Isabella smiled as the snowman began coming to life. "I have some rocks that we can use for eyes..." Isabella said, taking them out of her pocket and pushing them into the smallest snowball to make eyes. She stepped away from the snowman to observe it and smiled as she wiped snow off of her.

Cyndi smiled back at Isabella, happy that she was going to help her finish the snowman up. "It looks great" Cyndi said as she took a few small rocks from her pocket and placed them where a mouth should be.

When she was done, Cyndi stepped back and joined Isabella. "Oh, I almost forgot!" Cyndi exclaimed and then moved toward the snowman again. She picked up the sign that read:
WELCOME TO THE LAKE!

and she placed it in between the twigs that Isabella had placed. "Does it look great or what?" Cyndi asked.

Isabella was as happy with their creation as Cyndi was. "Yeah it looks so cute!" she said laughing a little. "We should name him," Isabella said mock-seriously as she began thinking of a few names, obvious ones like Frosty, and others like Frankenstein, since they had created this creature.

Nina was skating around getting steadyer when she saw the older girl carry a sign and Nina decided she would start a conversation with them. Nina skated over to the girls softly and said, "Lovely snowman." Nina gave them both a warm smile.

Isabella turned at the sound of the girl approaching. "Thanks," she said smiling, proud of their snowman. "I saw you skating right now, you're good," Isabella said shyly, thinking of the axle she had done and how much of a beginner she was herself. "I'm Isabella by the way, and this is Cyndi," Isabella said, hoping she was correct in assuming they'd never met. "What's your name?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back