Far Away

Jennifer Wilkonson

OOC First Name
Alexis.
Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Jenny found that she had been procrastinating on her homework but she knew that she needed to write Matthew, her boyfriend. At the thought of him, it still brought a girlish grin to her face, bringing out the dimples in her cheeks. And knowing that she would much rather send him a letter and that her owl was dying for a fly, Jenny picked up her quill and wrote in the neatest writing she could on a spare piece of parchment she had.
Letter said:
Dear Matthew,

I am warning you ahead of time, I procrastinated on homework so now I have to catch up, making this letter rather short. But now onto the letter:

How are you? I expect all is well on your front as I still haven't left my high from Brightstone Weekend. Nothing much has happened here. I attended the Halloween festivities but ended up leaving early as I was unable to find any of my friends, not even Jess. I presume Jess was so dressed up that I couldn't recognize her. Did you do anything for Halloween? Or did you watch over Lucie as she trick-or-treated? Either way, I do hope you had fun.

Do you remember how I told you about my friend, Sam Prince? Well I told him that we're together now and he thought I was dating someone else before hand. It was worth a laugh and a half, I'll tell you that. Anyway... At next chance, I'd like it if we could all hang out together? I do believe that you two will get on swimmingly.

Love, Yours, Love,
Jenny.
Jenny wasn't sure what she was to use to sign the letter off and at first what she felt came out naturally before realizing that he might think her too forward. So she wrote something different, but that made her feel as if she was saying that he owned her, which he most certainly didn't, so she reverted back to her original wording before sending the letter off to Matthew Reed.

Matthew couldn't remember a time when he was happier. This was it, he was never this happy. Well, when he got his record deal that was pretty exciting but even so, Matthew found that he felt that Jenny was more important than any of that. He couldn't stop thinking about her, he really had turned into this lovestruck goofy idiot! For once, Matthew was glad that his band mates weren't around. He knew that they would never let him live it down. So it wasn't much of a surprise that when Matthew heard an owl tap loudly on his window his normally goofy smile widened and he eagerly reached for the letter.

After reading the letter thoroughly, Matthew grabbed his notepad and his muggle pen and quickly began to reply:

Letter said:
Dear Jenny,
It's so great to hear from you! I know it hasn't been all that long since we last seen each other, but it sure feels long! I'm doing good, I have a load of new material for the record which is great! I just have to purpose it to the guys now. How are things at your end besides slacking off work? How's Jess doing? I'm sure she is pretty mad that I blew her off the other day. You didn't tell her though...about us? I just don't think she's ready for that...well, I don't think I'm ready to face her reaction yet...

Ha! You know me so well! I had to go around with Lucie and her friends, it was seriously ridiculous! I had to put a wizard's hat on my head (because Lucie basically forced it on me). Secretly I kind of enjoyed it, especially being able to dress up as a wizard in front of muggles! That was a laugh! And then of course when Lucie went to sleep I ate all her trashy candy whilst watching gorey horror films. Overall a good night!

Yeah, I think I remember him, but seriously? Someone else? Hmmm...should I be worried? (; Well yeah, I'm all up for meeting your friends but I'm also craving to have some 'me and you' time? My birthday is also pretty soon, but I'm hoping to maybe celebrate that over the Summer break. I'm thinking of bringing the guys over aswell. It should be good fun! You're staying with us over Summer break right? Well whatever your decision is, let me know!

Love,
Matthew

P.S Lucie says hi!

Reading over his letter once more Matthew rolled up the paper and handed it to the owl. It wasn't until the owl was fully out of sight that Matthew turned back to his music and began to work on the song that he had written especially about Jenny.

Jenny, finally getting to her homework was nearly relieved when she saw her owl returning to her side but relief was taken over by giddy-ness, which followed by anxiety and an eager smile. As she read the letter from Matthew her heart nearly melted and she blushed as she picked up her quill and a spare piece of parchment to right a letter back to him.
Dear Matthew,
I do agree; it does feel long since we have last seen one another. December is coming up quickly though, not to worry. We will see one another soon. That is great, you must share with me. I’d love to hear it! Things are going just fine for me. I’m getting in time to star gaze every night, which is great. And to be honest, I’ve been avoiding Jess. I hate lying to her, or anyone for that matter. I stink at it. No, I haven’t told her. I’m a little nervous to tell her, so I actually haven’t told her.

Gory movies, that sounds like fun. I love them; we should really watch a few together. I’m sure it’d be a treat to watch you cringe and hide under a pillow. Ha.

Of course you should be worried ;) I do agree, we must have some ‘us’ time first. And I know your birthday is soon Matt, please. As if I don’t know that you’re turning seventeen in *, I remember your birthday last year. It was a little overwhelming mind you, but still I remember. Of course I’m staying over! Are you crazy? There is no way I’m staying at my house with a one year old baby crying and keeping me up all the time.

Love,
Jenny.

PS. Hey Lucie.
Sending the letter off, Jenny took a second to collect herself before continuing with her homework.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back