Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
As Cyndi rounded the corner, she knew there was something familiar about the street she was on. It took her a few seconds to realize why. It was the street that Riley lived on. She knew she'd have to stop by if only to say hello. Riley would kill her if he found out she'd been in the area and not stopped by. It was a bit odd that she'd never visited the place and she knew it, but he had after all only lived in the place for a short time and she didn't have a reason to visit before. Riley brought Lowan over quite often and even though she and Adele were friendly, they weren't friendly enough that Cyndi felt comfortable enough to visit her on her own.

It was easy enough to find the house and Cyndi was quite impressed as she walked up to the doorway. Pushing her purse back onto her shoulder, Cyndi raised her hand and knocked on the door lightly. She hadn't told Riley she was coming over, but he had always told her she could stop by anytime and now seemed as good a time as any. Cyndi stepped back and pushed her hair behind her ear as she patiently waited.

The new term had still not started at Hogwarts which meant that both Stone brothers were in the house. It also meant that there was a full family more often although Riley was out with Adele and Lowan which left Mark in charge of Logan for the day, which was no bother as they got on like a house on fire. They were always having fun and with no adults around there was no telling what they could do. Even if there was only two years between Mark and Riley. Mark was just enjoying the time Logan had off school so that they could actually spend time together, seeing as Mark was his legal guardian now because of the adoption he thought it only right if they saw each other as much as possible.

Turning his head as Logan's two dogs walked in to the room and led down on the rug he smiled slightly at the peace. It was a rare thing in this house, seeing as now it would just be him and Adele in the house soon and she sure could talk at times. It was like having a gossip channel on the t.v but constantly going on. And sometime it was about her intimate times with Riley, which Mark really didn't want to know. Just as the quiet had started the dogs were up barking at a knock on the door. mark hopped up and headed over. Telling Logan to stay on the couch. He reached for the door and opened it. Only taking a second to recognize who it was. He smile. "Cyndi? Urm hey." He said stepping aside to et her come in, holding his hand out to keep the dogs in side the house. "Riley isn't in right now but your welcome to come in. Its just me and Logan." He said with a smile. Seeing as she was Rileys old room mate that gave her right to be in his new home when ever. He thought it strange that he had never really met Cyndi before, only seen her around school in passing

Logan was sat on the couch next to Mark. Riley, Adele and Lowan were out and he was making the most of it as it mean no adults being all lovey dovey with each other all the time, which as sweet as it was it did get annoying. He also liked the fact the Mark was here with him and it gave them some time together. Although he was reading the new standard book of spells which was needed for his fourth year he knew that later would be when the fun started. They often dared each other to do things and as it was winter and rather chilly out side Logan had a dare which involved Mark jumping in to the river by their house with no clothes on. That should be a real laugh. One thing was that he knew Mark would get him back but still, it would be totally worth it.

He had not noticed the dogs come in, they had got two dogs recently, Sam and white fang (fang for short), because the cats no longer liked Riley due to his condition and the dogs seemed more relaxed around him. Still Logan wasn't complaining, he had two extra animals and dogs were his favorite animal. It was only when they barked that he looked up, shock by the sudden outburst of noise. Before he could stand up Mark was already at the door opening it. He closed his book and stood up anyway to see who it was. A smile crossing his lips as he recognized his Ancient Runes Professor, who was also his cousin ex room mate. "Professor Weasley. Hello." He said happily greeting her

Cyndi was a bit thrown off when Mark answered the door. She'd only seen him in passing since he wasn't one of her students and he wasn't in her house, so she didn't really know him all that well. "Oh...hi Mark." She smiled as she stepped in, her eyes falling on the dogs. She knew Riley had been thinking about getting dogs and apparently he had. These two were beauties. As Mark told her that Riley wasn't in, Cyndi considered just leaving and coming back another time, but both boys were being friendly and she did have something to drop off for her friend. "Do you mind if I wait for a bit? I have something for Lowan and something to ask Riley" she said as they walked into the home. The house seemed pretty quiet and Cyndi got the feeling that perhaps Adele and Lowan were out as well, so she wanted to make sure Mark would be alright with her waiting.

As they walked into the living room, Cyndi spotted Logan standing to greet her. He was such a polite boy and a smile crossed her face. "Hi Logan. I think it's ok when we aren't in school for you to call me Cyndi. Riley doesn't make you call him Professor Smith all the time does he?" she asked, an amused look on her face as she bent over to pet one of the dogs.

Mark was slightly relieved that she remembered his name. It would have been a little awkward if not but that was not the case. He wondered if she had made plans to come here seeing as Riley had not mentioned it and mark knew that if she had then he would have made sure to be in for her, after all she was his most loved friend. As he often liked to share with everyone at the most random of times. Shaking his head the teenager shut the door behind the Professor as she walked in. "No not at all. Your as welcome here as I am." He said stepping away from the door and walking in to the living room. The dogs had calmed down now although Fang being the youngest he was a little more excited about the new company than Sam was.

Taking a seat on the couch as Cyndi greeted his little brother Mark looked at the clock to estimate what time the couple should be home by, if he knew them as well as he thought he did he wouldn't expect them back for another good few hours. "Oh I don't know. He has Adele call him Professor on Occasion." He said with a slight chuckle. Logan may have been a little young to know what some of the stuff that Riley and Adele said to each other but he knew perfectly. Just like he knew what they meant when they said 'drink' together. "I don't think they will be home for a few hours yet Cyndi." He said, warning her of the time gap that she may have to wait.

Logan stood quietly as she greeted Mark and walked in. He wondered what she had to ask Riley,, was it important? He shook his head, it was non of his business and didn't want to think too hard about it because then he would want to ask questions to find out and that would have been quite rude. And seeing as Cyndi was his Professor he didn't want to be rude to her out side of school because that may not play in his favor inside of the castle walls when she was actually in fact his Professor and he was in her lesson. There was nothing worse than having a Professor teach you when they did not like you. He had seen students get on the bad side of Professors before and he didn't want to be in their shoes afterwards. Although he couldn't see Cyndi being like that, she was too nice for that. She was best friends with Riley which meant she had to be nice for him to like her so much like he did.

A wide grin spread across his face as Cyndi greeted him. Telling him to call her Cyndi rather than Professor. "Ok but old habits die hard. And I may slip up and call you Cyndi at Hogwarts if I did and I know its disrespectful to do that in the castle." He explained to her as mark sat down and cracked a joke about Adele calling Riley Professor sometimes. A look of confusion on his round face as he looked at Mark but didn't comment. "Yeah he has taken Adele and Lowan on a day out somewhere. I think he is in Europe somewhere. Not too sure, he was a little vague. He isn't exactly the loquacious type in the morning as im sure your aware." Logan said with a laugh. "Thats my dog. He is called Sam. He is a Rhodesian Ridgback i got, a re-homed dog." He said quite proudly. He would rather have a re-homed dog than a new puppy, he liked to give them a better chance in life.

"Fair enough" the young professor stated as Logan explained why he was afraid to call her by her first name. As Cyndi stood back up from petting the dog, she listened to what Mark said about Riley and Adele. A chuckle escaped her lips and grew into laughter when she caught a glimpse at Logan's confused face. Thankfully, he didn't seem to have a clue what they were speaking about. "I'll bet he does" she muttered, rolling her eyes at the absent lovebirds. That was one thing she definitely didn't miss from back before Adele and Riley had gotten married.

When Mark let her know just how long she might have to wait, Cyndi nodded her head and set her bag on the nearest couch where she began sifting through it. It was one of those enchanted purses that carried far more than it appeared to and with all the junk inside of it, she was on a search. Listening to Logan, Cyndi gave him an amused look. "Don't I know it. If I could get him to say more than 'hi' to me in the mornings, I felt accomplished" she said with a smirk as she sat down to continue her search. She stopped to look at the dog that was still near her. "Ah...re-homed dogs are the best. My parents have two over in London. Why hello there Sam and..." she trailed off, not knowing the other dog's name. "So what have you boys been up to? Aha!" she exclaimed, pulling out a package. She looked over triumphantly and saw that near Logan was a book. "You haven't been spending your entire vacation studying, have you Logan?" she asked, her eyes opened a little wider than normal. It was vacation and the boy was studying. Only a Ravenclaw, she thought to herself.

Mark chuckled as Cyndi agreed with him and laughed at Logans expression. The boy was so into his studies than anything he was a little behing on the dirty things that most teenagers his age knew. That and he was meant to be the most inicdent of the family although most people assumed because Mark was Veela and had girls hit on him all the time that he had done it all when in fact it was the very opposite. He had just hung around with the crowd of boys that always talked more than they did. "Mmm. Seriously you should be glad you don't live with the pair of them. I had to cast the silenco spell on their room when they are together." He said shaking his head and he leant back. Now that the two were away he could relax a little more and with Logan occupied by his Professor he guessed he would be talking for a while. He had never took her lesson but he knew his little brother was taking all the lessons, too much worked if you asked Mark. He had not taken all lessons, only the ones he thought were important.

Taking off his jumper and putting it on top of the couch he watched as Sam got fuss from the visitor. They were both young so training them would not be as difficult and they seemed to be really good wqith Lowan. "He is always studying, Holidays, after lessons. Whenever." He joked with a grin as he looked teasingly at Logan

Logan sighed. He couldn't be bothered to try to think about what they were talking about. It was probably some adult joke which did not interest him much. He moved his book and sat down. He wasn't sure if he was meant to feel awkward with his Professor in he same room as him outside of school but if Riley classed her as a sister, which was kind of gross since they dated, then would that mean she was like family to him. All this family thin was still fairly new to Logan and he was still getting used to having such a large family who actually cared about him and spent time with him. "Yeah usually I get a grunt or a nod. Hardly ever an actual morning back." Logan said laughing as he spoke about his older cousin. He watched her route around the bag which she had brought with her. "The other one is called Fang. Well is White fang after the muggle story about the wolf but its a long name to keep saying so we shorten it down." He explained s he jumped slightly when she found what ever it was that she was looking for in the bag. He breathed before answering her next question about studying. "Yeah i have. My grades went down a little last semester so i want to get them back up again." He explained as he picked up the book and placed it on the floor under he couch. He wouldn't study while Cyndi was here, he didn't want to seem antisocial with her. "Did you know one of my friends thinks hat you and Riley are dating because you are together a lot and went to the Yule Ball together." He said with a grin. He knew of course that they were not together as Riley was married to Adele and loyal to her now but it as still funny to hear.

Cyndi knew all about that from her own days of living with Riley. "Yea, Silencio was one of my favorite charms when Riley lived with me as well." On the ocassions when she'd actually been home when he'd brought home some girl, that was what she had done as well. Sometimes, she even wished she could have put the charm on the girls who emerged from his room the next morning. Having to listen to them jammer on over breakfast the next morning had not been Cyndi's favorite activity. Not at all. "Well Fang is a swell name" she said with a smile. She was familiar with the book, it being one of her mum's very favorites.

Cyndi listened to Logan's explanation of why he was studying and shook her head, sharing a glance with Mark as he confirmed that Logan was always studying. "I'm sure you will. You were one of the best in my class" she said with a shrug, "but don't waste away your whole vacation studying. You'll have plenty of time to do that when you're stuck in the castle." She couldn't believe that his grades could have been that bad. A groan escaped Cyndi's lips as she listened to her student. "Really?" she grimaced, "That dumb 'ol Hogwarts Monthly article probably didn't help either." The article had made it sound as if she and Riley were dating and she could only imagine what it made the students think. "Have you heard those rumors too?" she asked Mark, hoping he hadn't and that it was just something being passed around by the younger students.

Mark laughed quietly as Cyndi said it too had been one of her favourite charms for Riley. He was sure that she knew as well as he did some of Riley's bad habits, after all she had lived with him for three years and he already knew about them after living with him for only half of a year. Though in all honesty Adele was not discrete about those things and often shred them so it was more her own fault rather than Riley's. He was the most mature in the relationship. He looked up when Cyndi asked him a question and shook his head. "I never really took notice in such things and i was too preoccupied by the time that paper came out so I had not noticed it if there had been a rumour going around. You know what us Hufflepuff's are like with things like that." He said with a slight smile. He could still remember when he had been in Durmstrang, when he had not been in a house like he had been in Hogwarts. Still he had enjoyed his schooling years

Logan ignored her comment to Mark, deciding to give up on understanding he guessed that he did not want to understand what they were on about if they were talking about a silencing spell and Riley and Adele. Grinning as she completed his choice of name for his dogs Logan thanked her. "Well I do try my hardest in all my classes. And i will have loads of time to enjoy myself once I finish school. I only get one chance to pass my exams." He said crossing his legs under him. "Besides I play Quidditch so thats a fun things that gets me away from studying and homework." He told her with a grin on his face. He wondered if it was a family thing to play Quidditch because Riley played as well although Logan couldn't see himself playing professionally like that. He wanted a more professional job which was worth something. "Well you know, those popular girls need something to gossip about and seeing as loads of girl have a crush on him he seems to be a hot topic for them." He said with a slight frown about the thought. He had never had a crush on a Professor before but then again he was not really interested in girls right now, only Georgie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back