Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Renata <3
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Eugene was happy to be back at school, the holiday had been good, meeting up with friends and playing music had been amazing, spending time with his cousin had been great, but he was glad to be back at school, glad for his own bed and for being able to relax. His cousin had saved money with him being gone and he'd contributed too, but he knew that she worked less when he was around and she was busy with uni which meant by the end of the holiday they were running pretty low on funds. He had spent money on a camera and though he was pleased with the purchase, he wished it had been even cheaper so he could've contributed more. He'd set up the camera beside him in the student lounge and was playing his guitar as he took pictures. He wasn't quite used to it yet or how to use it, but he was getting better at it. He looked towards the door of the student lounge as it opened and he recognised who had walked in, "Ive!" he greeted warmly waving an arm to say hello.

Ivelisse loved being at home during the break, but she was also more than happy to be back at school again. She had set herself a goal for this year outside of class and she was keen to achieve it, even if being her own person might just be a little bit more difficult now it wasn't just her sister at school with her but her dad as well. She didn't mind having him around in the slightest, but wasn't too keen on being perceived as a professor's kid. Then again, maybe it could be something to brag about. She was still a little undecided on the matter. Looking for anyone other than the girls in her dorm to hang out with Ivelisse had made her way to the student lounge, quite surprised when someone called out her name the second she walked in. At the same time, it was quite a good feeling. "Hey!" She grinned when she spotted Eugene, walking over to where he was seated. "What's going on here?" She asked, motioning towards both his guitar and the camera set up, curious as to what he was doing and why.

Eugene smiled at Ive, he liked hanging out with her, though they hadn't in a while. He knew it was just because things were busy and he was happy to see her. He grinned as she asked what he was doing, and he played alittle tune on his guitar, plucking at the strings rather than strumming. "Well, I'm trying to get better at photography, so I can convince the accio team to let me join them!" he told her, "And using it to practice too," he luaghed lightly and then stopped playing. He was quite sure he needed to get a whole lot better before he'd be able to but he was willing to work at it. "What are you upto?" he asked genuinely curious about what she was doing too.

Ivelisse leaned against one of the sofas as she listened to what Eugene had to say, grinning at the little tune he played. She was keen on expanding her social circle this year, even with people she didn't specifically like all that much, but she also knew she needed some genuine friends. And Eugene seemed to be just that. At the very least he had been a nice person to hang out with so far. "Are they that strict? Or are you just making sure your work is solid before telling them you want to join?" She asked curiously when he mentioned accio. She hadn't really looked into the yearbook that much, but she guessed it made sense if they wouldn't just let anyone join. It would be a shame to have bad quality pictures in there after all. "Right, how's that coming along? You formed your band yet?" Ivelisse grinned when she remembered talking to Eugene about music and having a band and all that before, yet she didn't recall ever asking him if he had actually tried to form one. "Not much," She shrugged when he asked what she was up to. "Just wandering about, catching up with people, waiting for any notice on when quidditch tryouts are."

Eugene laughed lightly, "A little of column A, a little of column B," he told her honestly, he knew they weren't strict but they were specific about who they let on and he didn't wanted to let them down, so he was making sure he good too. He didn't want to join the team, half ass it and then hate it or let the team down. At the next question he nodded, "I do man! We're the Sweet As Badger, it's me and two dorm mates for now," he told her happily. They didn't have any of their own songs, but he loved practicing with them and figuring out how they played and Eugene was still writing his own song. "I've been working on a song for it, but I'm working out a few kinks in it before I present it to them," He told her. He nodded as she talked about what she was doing and he nodded. Eugene had thought about quidditch, but that had been until he'd seen the accio yearbook. That was better for him. "Yeah, you gonna try out?" he asked Ive but he felt like the answer was pretty obvious.

Ivelisse chuckled at Eugene's response. She could especially understand he wanted to make sure he was good at taking pictures before seeing if he could join. Not just for himself, but for pretty much everyone that would end up on one of the pictures he'd eventually take. She grinned when he mentioned he did in fact form a band with two of his dormmates. "Sweet!" Ive nodded, trying not to chuckle at their band name. It sounded a bit funny at first but the more she thought about it the better it sounded. She wasn't sure whether badgers were all that nice but it was the symbol of their house and it did make a pretty cool band name in the end. "Cool. And if they like it? Will you guys put on a little gig in the courtyard or something?" She asked curiously. "I mean as your first groupie I just need to know." She added jokingly, although she was keen to hear whether the boys were actually any good together. Even if she didn't even know which of their other classmates were in the band. "For sure!" She nodded confidently when Eugene asked if she was trying out. "I'm going for an alternate spot, but I'm confident they'll take me on." She said, never even doubting that. If she would, she wouldn't be the best. And she was the best, she just knew it.

Eugene grinned at her, "Well, if they like it, we'll probably rework it so it's like fits for us as a band and then probably practice it and maybe put on a gig...I dunno," he said a little nervously, he was smiling and he found her statement funny but there was something different to preforming for folks they didn't know in the magical areas and to actually preforming in the school to their peers. "Oh that's cool! They'd be lucky to have you I'm sure!" Eugene told her, he didn't know how good she was at flying or quidditch but Ive seemed like a very capable person so he was sure that she was very good at it. "I'll cheer you on at all your games!" he assured her. Given how supportive she was of him and his passion then he could only return the favour.

Ivelisse nodded at Eugene's answer to her question. It sounded logical they would make sure the song fit their band first but he sounded a little unsure about putting on a gig. "Well if you guys are looking to try it out in front of an outsider first rather than playing in front of like, you know, a bunch of people, I'd like to offer my services." She said. It wasn't like she knew a whole lot about music or anything but she was sure she could tell them whether they sounded good or not if they were ever looking for that. "Thanks." Ive responded with a small smile, glad that she had found a friend in Eugene. "I'll hold you to that!" She laughed when he said he'd cheer her on. "Although I guess you can just cheer quietly if I ever get to play in a game against hufflepuff." She added. Whilst she was confident in making the team she knew it might still take a long time before she'd actually get to play a game.

Eugene nodded, he'd be quite eager for someone to come and hear their sound before they played something of their own to outside people. "Well, if we need someone you will be the first person I ask," he assured her and she would be. Eugene liked Ive and thought she would be a good first person to hear their sound. He scoffed at her statement. "You're my friend, I'll cheer you on as loud as I can even against hufflepuff," he'd always want hufflepuff to win, he didn't know the seeker of the hufflepuff team, he knew Ive and would support her. Just because they were different houses and could compete against one another didn't mean he couldn't loudly support her and really nothing would stop him.

Ivelisse smiled when Eugene said he'd take her up on her offer if his band ever needed someone to judge their song. Or songs. She was sure that if they did ask her they would appreciate a little honesty. It wouldn't be of any use if she just said everything sounded great when it didn't though, especially if they were planning on playing in front of others some day. "Let's just see if I make the team first." She chuckled when he said he'd cheer for her either way, a little touched by how nice it was of him to say something like that. "Back to you," Ive said before nodding towards the camera. "How's the photography going? How do you even, like, practice that?" She asked curiously. If he was going to take pictures for accio she didn't think he could just take pictures of anything to improve his skills. He'd have to take pictures of people right? Deal with them moving and trying to get a good shot. Although that might be a little easier since wizarding pictures moved. Or would that make it harder? She had no clue.

Eugene gave her a little smile. "you'll make the team Ive, I've no doubts about that!" he assured her warmly. He didn't know what the team was like but he was sure she'd be a great addition to it, Eugene thought Ive was great. At her questions he gave a little shrug, "I think it's going well, largely practice is to like, learn how to frame a picture, or how to hold a camera steady to make sure the picture isn't out of focus which is hard when pictures themselves move...then because it's magical...they use like the old method of picture printing which means learning all of that!" he told her, it was a lot and he was sure that some of it would be pure skill but anything could be learnt with practice and guideance. "I'm sure it's just like guitar, takes a little time, practice and patience,"

Ivelisse sometimes wondered whether she should just be aiming to meet more hufflepuffs. The ones she had met so far had all been nice, fun and easy to be around. Definitely a whole lot different from most slytherins, although she guessed that was the whole point of the houses. She just wished that some slytherins would be a little less.. boring. "Thanks, I'll let you know if I do. Or you'll just see me on the bench at a game." She grinned at Eugene's reassurance which, admittedly, did manage to make her feel slightly more confident than she already was. Ive listened on curiously when he started talking about photography and what things he could practice or pay attention to for practice. It all sounded logical and she felt a little silly for not having realized those aspects of it. "Sounds cool." She nodded when he managed using an old way of printing pictures, wondering if that was because wizards didn't have as much technology as muggles had. At the same time they had magic, so surely there was another way to come up with printing pictures. If it worked, it worked though. "Well you've managed the guitar so I'm sure you'll get that too!" She smiled. "So do you guys have like a picture wall in your dorm or something? Or do you never practice by taking pictures of your dormmates?" She asked, thinking the easiest way to practice taking pictures of other people was just to keep snapping pictures of the boys in his dorm.

Eugene grinned, "You'll be playing in no time I'm sure!" he assured her with a wide grin. He was quite sure she'd be a good player, he certainly believed it a lot. He nodded, "Well.....I try not to take too many of the boys..if only cause like I don't want them to feel like they have to be on a lot because I'll pop up from behind with a camera," he did think it was good to be able to spend part of his schooling taking pictures and be able to remember it. Even share it with his cousin he wouldn't get to see this kind of stuff. "I can take a picture of you?" he offered, with a wide grin.

Ivelisse smiled at Eugene's reassurance, glad to know there would at least be one person cheering for her if she ever got to play. She listened as he explained why he didn't take too many pictures of the boys in his dorm. "Makes sense." She nodded as she could understand what he meant. If one of the girls in her dorm would keep popping up with a camera she wouldn't feel pressured to be on any of the pictures, but she was sure the boys in Eugene's dorm got along a lot better. Surely they were all friends as well, which could make it more difficult for them to decline. "Sure! I'd happily be a practice model." Ive chuckled when Eugene mentioned taking a picture of her. "If you want a bit of a challenge I could just do this." She added jokingly, moving her head a little to make her curls bounce around. With wizarding photographs already moving she wasn't sure whether that would actually make things more difficult but it was a joke anyways so that didn't really matter.

Eugene nodded excitedly as she agreed to be a model for him. He took his camera and moved his guitar away so that he could. He nodded as she moved her head in a manner to get the curls to bounce. He thought that would make a great picture, how many gifs had he seen of that, or something like it. It would be great. "YES!" he said excitedly, "Do that!" he had his camera ready and ready to take her picture. "maybe we could go outside and grab more pictures....if you aren't like busy or anything?"

Ivelisse wasn't sure how she had expected Eugene to respond to her making her curls bounce, but such excitement definitely hadn't been it and she couldn't help but to let out a soft giggle. She had to admit getting her curls to bounce in a wizarding photograph would look pretty cool though. It was a lot more fun than just forcefully smiling at the camera as well. "Yeah, sure!" Ive beamed when Eugene offered going outside to get some more pictures. "Beats sitting inside, I wasn't really doing anything anyways." She added, quite keen to hang out with her friend some more. Especially because she could help him out while having fun herself as well.

Eugene was very excited at the prospect of spending more time with Ive, and he would help his own skills too which was really just a win win. He made sure his guitar was secure on his back as he stood up and held his camera, "let's go!" he said happily before already heading out of the student lounge. "And hey, for helping me out with this, I'll owe you one! Any time you need a hand Ive," he wanted to be able to thank her for being nice to him and humouring all this, it would be fun, they were bound to have fun, but he knew it was a little self-serving for him. She was helping him out even if they had fun so he wanted her to know he'd always return the favour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back