Familiar Face

Caysi Romance

OOC First Name
Caysi (Main Account)
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand - The Merlin 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Woah, she was pretty big now. 3 months into the pregnancy and carrying twins, what a combination. Caysi quickly walked around the harbour, she was in a walking mood today, as well as a chocolate mood today. It was almost like a workout to her, walking around this place, but she did need to loose some weight before the wedding and some weight for the babies. She was all out of breath and headed for the nearest bench. Caysi quickly sat and got her breath. But she was to comfortable to move, so she just sat there panting like crazy.

Harri took a deep breath in, a small and shallow attempt to calm herself from the sudden hyperventilating state she could feel coming on. Jumping on a plane to come to New Zealand had been a rash decision but one that she could not come to regret. After all how could she miss Caysi's wedding? In saying that the two girls had not spoken in a good few years, which saddened her to think about it. Harri had had her fair share of problems in that time but that was not any kind of excuse.
So now, alot older and more mature, Harri crossed into the familiar harbour, it felt like ghosts were jumping out at her from every corner, people walked by busily doing their shopping while Harri walked nervously, palms sweating. She stopped and lent upon a wall meerly breathing, she watched as a woman holding twins and looking slightly pregnant sat on a bench panting. She smiled, she had always liked children.
She just rested upon the wall for a bit, one foot on the wall one of the ground before realising the woman she had just seen was familiar, she edged closer. "Caysi?" she stammered under her breath before hurtling forwards. "Caysi?!" she repeated, staring into her friends face.

Caysi felt the buldge on her stomach, the twins inside were getting big, her first children. She smiled happily, she was excited to have two girls, more like her dream came true. She would make them into girly girls. She turned her face, a familar girl... but who? It hit Caysi like a ton of bricks. " Harri!" She said happily. "Merlins beard!" She said getting up to give her friend a hug.

"Oh my god Caysi" Harri practically yelped, she rushed into Caysi arms and as gently as she could muster hugged her. She bit her lip fighting back tears...of joy of course. "I've missed you!" she said, her throating clogging up with the knot she always got before she cried. She cleared her throat in a lousy attempt to stop it. She glanced down at Caysi's swollen belly, her eyes bulged and she put her hands on her belly and squeled, a glint in her eye, "your pregnant," she said happily.

Caysi smiled and hugged her friend back. "How are you?" She asked her friend with excitment. "I've missed you so much!" She smiled. "Why did you leave?" She asked Harri. "I left and then when I came back you were gone." She said sadly. Caysi just remembered her wedding."Did you
get my wedding invitation?" She squeled. "Yes I am 3 months actually." She smiled. "Oh my, I'm just so happy to see you." She exclaimed.

Harri smiled, "I'm okay thanks! How are you?" she replied. The next question cause Harri to clam up, although she had clearly heard the question she didnt replie, untill a safe topic was bought up.
"Yes!" she squeled, "Whos the lucky guy? And When do I get to meet him?" she asked, smiling up at her friend. "3 months! Jeese," she let her breath out slowly, "So much has happened since I left," she laughed sadly, though right now nothing could pull the smile off her face. It was nice to be back here, fresh air and familiar surroundings, she had forgotten how much she missed this place. And the people in it.

Caysi laughed. "I'm good, just how a pregnant woman would be." She smiled. Caysi was happy that Harri got the invitation. "His name is Jason, and I'm not to sure when your going to meet him, both him and I have been busy with the wedding and the babies rooms." She laughed. Caysi was so happy to see her friend here.

Harri smiled, "I'm glad to hear it" she said. "Oh well whenever he has a spare five minutes!" she said laughing. "Hows everyone been then? Hows Kiera?" she asked, scratching the back of her head, it really had been a long time.

Caysi nodded, she had to tell Jason about Harri. " Everyone's been good! You'll see them at the wedding." She added. " It's been what.. about 3 years?" She laughed. " Maybe less, oh I don't know, but it's been forever for me!" Caysi exclaimed to Harri.

Harri smiled, she was looking forwards to seeing everyone again. She wondered how they would react to her, happy to see her? Or annoyed that she hadnt properly got to say goodbye. She knew she had lost contact and she hated herself for it but she couldnt change the past now. "I know," she said, snapping back to the present, "For me too! And look at you know, all grown up!" she exclaimed gesturing Caysi's belly.

Caysi laughed. " I haven't changed the much, but you have!" She smiled looking at her friend. Caysi really wanted to know why Harri left Hogwarts, it was bothering her for years. " Harri, why did you leave?" She asked sincerely.

Harri shrugged, "I guess I have," she said. "No you have changed," she said, "Definatly more mature," she said grinning. Her face fell and she sighed though she knew that it was a question she couldn't avoid, it probably was better to get it done sooner rather then later, "My dad..." she began, and had to stop to clear her throat already her eyes were filling up, "He was..no,is.." she had to stop, she took a deep breath. she still hadnt completely come to terms with it herself, she had expected him to get better. Expected to be back at Hogwarts within a few week, "He was ill, very ill. I got home and he was terrible, he wouldn't eat or sleep. He refused medication but no-one knew what was wrong. He had a glazed look in his eyes, he just wasnt him. He muttered on about things and non-one could help him" she said, panic filling her voice, "I couldn't help him. I Tried I promise I tried but I couldn't," she said looking into Caysi's eyes willing her to believe the truth, "I couldn't, I couldn't," she said jumping to her feet, "He died," she whispered, she had to walk over and lean against a tree, her head was spinning. That was years ago and she still couldn't properly admit it.

Caysi was shocked, no one had even told her that to being with. Once Caysi had left, and came back Harri was gone and no one would even told her. " You could've called me," She said. " I was a country away from you." She nodded. Ireland was just a flight, or apparation over. " I could've come Harri." Caysi added. " I'm very sorry to hear that." She nodded. Caysi looked at it in a position if that was her father, it helped her understand. " There's nothing anyone can do if a father won't listen," Caysi nodded. She walked over to where Harri was. "I'm very sorry." She nodded to Harri. " Has anyone ever since found out what was wrong with him?" She asked her.

Harri bit her lip, " I know, I just...what would I of said?" she said shaking her head, she had held back from contacting anyone for fear of not knowing what to say. There was nothign she could say, she never wanted to talk about it, even thinking about him hurt. Her head felt like it was going to explode, she had loved him so much and it had hurt that he wouldn't even let her in.
Harri had to bite her lip at the next question, a question that had ran through her mind many times, "Yeah, apparently," she paused and took a deep breath, "Apparently he touched something cursed or... or was cursed," she said shuddering, why would this of happened? How did he come into something cursed? She guessed she would never know.

Caysi sighed. " You could've asked me to come over, and I could've given you some support so you didn't have to go through that alone." She stated. "Hmm, that's odd, was he ever associated with death eaters?" She asked, Caysi could ask her mother about that and they could possibly find out, who and what cursed him.

Harri nodded, "I know that now," she sighed. "No, thats the thing!" she said, frustration rising in her voice, "Never, he seemed all good. Clearly he wasn't. I thought he told me everything, but lately I feel like a barely knew him," she shook her head. This thought upset her, how could she barely know her own father? That was impossible, surely.

Caysi nodded at Harri, she believed her. " Want me to phone my mom and see if anything happened with your father in the past with the death eaters?" Caysi asked taking out her cell phone waiting for the go ahead.

Harri looked at the phone and sighed, "I don't know. I mean if he was do I really want to replace all my memories with ones of what he could of been up to?" she asked, her voice breaking slightly on memories. "I.. I want to know. But," she shook her head, angry at the tears now sliding down her face. "Okay," she whispered, nodding, "If you wouldn't mind," she had been awaiting this moment, waiting for an answer but no as it was on the verge of coming she couldn't help but not want to know.

Caysi shook her head. " I wouldn't mind at all." She said dialing her mom's house number. " Hey mom, can I ask you a question?" She asked her mother on the phone. " Do you remember a last name of Turner or anything?" She asked her mom. " Oh, interesting." She nodded. " I see." She replied. " Alright, thanks mom" She said before she closed the phone. " Your dad was a follower, he didn't do much of the death eater things, he just tagged along." She said. " But my mom said that there were many people after your father because he knew secrets, secrets that they wanted to know I'm assuming." She replied. " That's all she told me." Caysi looked at Harriet.

Harri began to chew on her thumb nail as Caysi rang her mum, her knees bobbed up and down as she heard her talking vaguely with her mother. When Caysi turned and told her she felt the blood rush out of her face, she felt sick rise up her throat and she could feel the cool relief of passing out attempting to overcome her. She batteld through it however, now was not an appropriate time to faint. Her head was still spinning however as she pondered the fact that the man she had called 'dad' had lied to her her whole life, "I'm sorry," she managed to stammer, "I just cant be dealing with this right now," tears were bubbling in her eyes but she couldn't care less right now. "I-I have to go..." she murmed, attempting to slowly walk away on shaking legs.

Caysi looked at Harriet, she knew that she shouldn't have called; but later on in life, it would be best for Harri to know the truth. Caysi was the exact same way with her mother when she found out that she was a death eater. Caysi slowly got up, trying not to rush herself. A running pregnant woman isn't the best of signs. " Wait," She said trying to catch up with Harri. " Don't take it to hard on yourself." She said panting. " You dad was a good man, even though he did do many things that maybe you aren't proud of, but he was still your father." She said.

Harri stopped, not cause she wanted to but it hardely seemed fair to make a pregnant Caysi chase her. "But, but he was my dad" she said struggling for breath. It was different for Caysi, she had both parents, Harri could only ever depend on her dad. He had been there for her when she needed it most, he had bought her up, been her first connection to this world she know felt trapped and alone in. "I thought I knew him," she whispered through the pain, "I thought he was good,"she had to whisper, she knew if she talked her voice would crack and she would cry.

Caysi caught her breath. " Doesn't matter if he was good or he was bad, he still was your dad; and that's what made him special to you." She said quietly. " So what if he got on the dark side for a bit, he was only in it for about a couple years, it's like we never thought about being a dark person." She said sarcastically at the end of her sentence. " I forgave my mother, but she quit a while ago.. sometimes, it's not there fault." She said. " They find out something wrong and then they have to be with them." Caysi said.

Harri couldn't understand, her memories of her dad seemed to be clouded with dark memories. "I miss him," she whispered, looking into Caysi's eyes. "I miss him so much," she said louder this time, feeling her voice crack and tears flow down her face. She bit her lip and hurriedly wiped each tear as it fell. "I just, I just want to remember him as him. But I don't know if I can, I didn't actually know him," she whispered shaking her head, "I was here, thousands of miles away from him. I should of been with him," she said shaking her head and watching her tears stain the ground.

Caysi nodded, she felt empathetic for Harriet. " I know." She gave a quick nod. " Just remember the good times that happened with him, if you think of the negative now.. your life will be harder." She said. " It's not your fault, like you said, he didn't want to see you when you were at home." She said. " I think it was because he didn't want you to see the pain that he was in, and to see you suffer from him suffering."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back