Facing Fears

Ana-Cole Shorts

Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring
Ana-Cole had always been slightly afraid of what the forbidden forest was supposet to hold. She had always wanted to deep down enter the forest but was too scared to do so. Finally Ana-Cole decided that it was time to face her fear and enter into the forest. Ana-Cole walked slowly to the edge of the forest and took her wand out of her pocket. "Lumos" She said trying to create at least enough light to see. Her wand lite up but the forest did not. It had a sort of internal darkness as if it never wanted and just could not be bright and filled with light. Ana-Cole carefully walked her first step entering the forest slightly. "There I did it" Ana-Cole said wanting to turn back and almost doing so "No I am a Gryffindor I must be brave" She said to herself. It really wasn't the bravery and the fact that she was in Gryffindor that made her want to continue on into the depths of the forest it was her curiousity. Ana-Cole took one more step. She heard the rustling of the leaves beneath her feet. It was almost too quiet, the kind of quiet that really gets to a person. Ana-Cole took one more step and then another. Soon before she realized she could no longer see Hogwarts any longer. she was in the depths of the forest surrounded by darkness only able to see a few inches away from the little light her wand provided her with. Ana-Cole stopped as if she was frozen. "Maybe I should have had someone come with me" she said out loud. It was not too common for Ana-Cole to talk to herself but she liked the little noise that her own voice brought as if it was comforting for only a second or two. Ana-Cole did not really know what to do. She could continue on into the forest but the fear of getting lost or worse hovered in her mind or she could try to turn back. Ana-Cole was not quite sure of the way at this moment. Ana-Cole just stood there for what seemed like hours on end but in reality was about five minutes. Finally Ana-Cole's curiousity got the better of her and she continued on into the forest.

Jasper wondered what this student was doing here.
obviously she knew it was forbidden.
I'll just follow her around to make sure she's okay he thought.

He floated evanescently through the trees beside her.

Ana-Cole continued to walk through the forest almost wondering as if in a dream. She no longer knew where she was going and she was actually becoming a little bit frightened. Ana-Cole quickly turned around for she thought she had heard a noise. "Maybe I am just paranoid" She said to herself as she looked around her trying to see through the darkness and make sure that no one or thing was following her. She felt like someone was there and she was not quite sure if she wanted to know what was out there. Ana-Cole began walking again now at a quicker pace. She turned quickly around again trying to look about. She was starting to worrying herself. "Hello" she said quietly. "Is anyone out there?" She questioned in an extremely quiet voice not really knowing if she wanted to know if anything was out there. Ana-Cole stopped dead still trying to listen for an answer praying deep down that she did not recieve one.

"Good Evening," Jasper said almost as quietly as Ana-Cole.
"What are you doing out here alone? Don't you know how dangerous it is out here? There are things out here far beyond your comprehension, far beyond my own comprehension."
Jasper floated a bit more into the moonlight, which shone welcomely onto the patches of forest floor.
"Please don't be frightened of me." Jasper pleaded.

Ana-Cole jumped a bit when she heard a voice wishing her a good evening. Her heart was beating so hard she could hear it so very clearing as if it was ringing in the silenced forest. Ana-Cole tried to gain her composure when she realized that the voice had come from a ghost. Usually Ana-Cole would be a little taken back but she was expecting something much worse and dangerous than a ghost so in a way she was glad. Ana-Cole tried to speak but her voice was a little shaky "Hello" She managed to say louder than the whisper that she was speaking in before. In a way she had a little more courage now that someone else was with her. "I was just wondering about taking a look around" Ana-Cole said not knowing exactly what to say. She knew that she shouldn't be out here in the forest and she knew that it was indeed very dangerous, but nonetheless she was out here. Ana-Cole waited a bit sort of glancing over the ghost concluding that he was by no means evil or at least he did not seem evil. "Hello" Ana-Cole said again. "I'm Ana-Cole" She said with a smile introducing herself. Wow I never thought that I would be introducing myself to someone in the forbidden forest Ana-Cole thought with a small smile.

Jasper was a little taken aback by the girls obvious confidence. He could hear her heart, and he almost wished he could still hear his heart. No reason to be jealous, Jasper. You can't change the fact that you're dead. "Hello Ana-Cole,"Jasper said with what he hoped seemed a warm smile, "What in particular are you looking for?" He could list a few thing in his head trouble, peace of mind, unicorns,... this girl was very strange indeed.

Ana-Cole smiled. He seems nice She thought. Ana-Cole had actually never meet a ghost before so this was a first time experience for her. Ana-Cole gave one quick glance around the forest. She kept looking about to make sure that nothing else was lurking close enough to do any harm to her. In a way she was still a bit frightened but she had to keep a brave face on. "Well actually" Ana-Cole began "I am not really looking for anything in particular. I was just a bit bored and curious" Ana-Cole tried to explain. What a lame answer Ana-Cole thought after she had responded. "I'm sorry I didn't exactly catch your name" Ana-Cole said not knowing if the ghost had actually told her or if she had just missed it.

"My appologies, Madam," Jasper said softly, "My name is Jasper" Jasper then took a moment to look around, and realized that he didn't know where they were...

"Well it is nice to meet you Jasper" Ana-Cole said. Then she realized that Jasper glanced around. I wonder if he knows were we are Ana-Cole thought not willing to admit out loud that she was lost. "So Jasper I have never seen you around the school Are you recently new?" Ana-Cole asked knowing that that was not the best question but she was able to keep herself calm if she was talking to someone and she really needed to keep calm. The whole idea of being lost made Ana-Cole extremely nervous.

"I am, infact, new here." Jasper said with a guilty smile. "Wait here..."
Jasper flew into the air and looked around for sight of hogwarts<NZ> He saw a dim light, and asuumed that it was indeed hogwarts<NZ>. " I can see the school, so if you're ready to leave, we can go. but if you want to keep up this adventure, i'll follow you."

Ana-Cole looked about the forest. She could leave now if she wanted to. She finally had a way out yet would she seem like a chicken if she left now. Ana-Cole stared into the darkness of the forest. She was already in pretty deep. "It's really up to you" Ana-Cole said with a fake brave smile on her face. She would not mind continuing on into the forest but she would not mind going back to the safety of the castle. "Really you are the guest at this moment Do you want to continue on or would you like to go back?" Ana-Cole asked wondering what Jasper would say not really knowing how he would react due to the fact that she had just met him.

Ana-Cole couldn't help but laugh just a bit when she heard a hint of excitment in Jasper's voice. "Let's see" Ana-Cole said looking around a bit. The whole forest looked about the same. She closed her eyes spun around and stopped to see what direction she was pointing too. "That way" Ana-Cole said pointing to one of the darker parts of the forest. "I know what a childish way to pick a way to go, but hey it worked" Ana-Cole said with a smile as she began to walk toward the direction that she had chosen.

Ana-Cole walked on and on. She kept on glancing up at Jasper. The forest was overall silent but there were a few noises that made Ana-Cole turn quickly to make sure that nothing was coming. All of a sudden she heard a loud sound. "What in the world" She said outloud wondering what the noise was. It sounded much like a roar but she wasn't quite sure. Ana-Cole looked up at Jasper wondering what was going on and if he had heard that too.

"Don't tell me you follow the school rule of not having weapons..," quivered Jasper, "What're we going to do if it's something bad?!?!" Jasper looked hard at Ana-Cole. "I'm a ghost, so i cannot infulence physical objects. If you need help, I won't be able to help you.."

"Of coarse I don't have a weapon" Ana-Cole said "But I have a wand which could help......." She said trailing off. She hoped it would help. Ana-Cole thought hard about what Jasper said he really couldn't help her if she needed it. Ana-Cole was starting to feel more brave that she had someone with her but the simple fact now played over and over in her head. He can't help me He can't help me. He's a ghost He can't help me The thought kept on rotating in her mind. "Be Brave Your a Gryffindor" Ana-Cole said to herself trying to calm herself down "Be Brave Be Brave" She repeated. Ana-Cole was now looking around in almost every direction. She did not know where the sound was coming from nor what had made it. She for once had no clue what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back