Exposure

Austiin Hayes

OOC First Name
Tenilee!
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
After the disaster of a holiday last month was, Austiin was currently planning a new holiday. It was a necessity for him, as everyone around him suddenly decided to have their lives fall apart. Really, it was rude of them. He worked to keep his personal business from bothering his friends and family, except maybe Cameron. But Cameron was different. It was his job to be there for Austiin to vent to, while Austiin provided the same thing to him. He ran his fingers through his hair, and with a flick of his hand, sent the papers back to their place in the lounge room desk. He had already made up his mind. Now he just had to decide what to do with the kids. Usually, he would have thought of Abbigale and Jasper, but seeing as they were currently having huge troubles with their marriage, Austiin was not sure it would be wise to have hi children with them. With Imogen and Svetlana at Hogwarts Scotland now, and Tommy and Ellie at Hogwarts New Zealand, Austiin really only had to worry about Keye, Leander, Ruben and Mai-Ling.

The thought of taking Jinxx to Fiji with him had crossed the man's mind. Unfortunately, with the disturbance with Abbigale, Jinxx seemed fit to leave New Zealand for a while, and he even changed his name again. Austiin could still hardly believe that Jinxx leftand done something so drastic. They had been friends for over eighteen years. Abbigale should have been the one to go. Jasper didn't even like his family, and Abbigale had some boyfriend now. She could just move in with him and let Austiin have his best friend back. He lent against the back of the couch, and looked at Cameron, who had just entered the room. "I miss Jinxxy," he admitted, a frown forming on his face. Honestly, while Jasper's job was something that Austiin could never truly like, he knew the man before that, and missed him terribly once he realised that he would most certainly keep his distance now. "He won't come to Fiji with me now, he's Merlin knows where." He threw his hands up in the air. "Who can I take now?"

Cameron kissed Mei-ling on the forehead and pulled the blankets up over her head. She liked being tucked into bed like that. Cam still didn't really understand it, but if it helped her sleep through the night properly, he would try anything. Walking carefully out of the room, Cameron sighed when he didn't hear any immediate noises. It was barely after lunch time, but after the day he'd had lately, he was so tired he might as well just go to bed too. Coming out into the living room, Cam stopped when Austiin spoke to him. Cam shook his head. He was still whining about that? He rolled his eyes. "If you want something to complain about, how about the fact that I have run out of shirts so now I am just walking around the house with only pants on." He said, moving over to flop down on the couch. Man was he exhausted. Cameron shook his head. Austiin was basically an actual full grown five year old. It was hard to manage sometimes, but he put up with it. "Austiin, no one likes Fiji but you. And doesn't he hate sand or something anyway?" He asked, opening one eye to look up at his boyfriend.

Cameron was about to roll over, when he suddenly sighed and decided that whilst ever Austiin was bored, he would never get any sleep anyway, so he simply sat up again and yawned. "Guess we'll have to call him Maggie now though." He offered, moving off of the couch and walking towards the kitchen to make himself a coffee, before remembering that he was a wizard and flicking his wand at the kitchen to make one for him. Walking back over to the couch, Cameron made himself comfortable and smiled as his coffee landed in his lap. "Oh, Merlin this is good coffee."
<i></i>

"Suppose I could ask Steph to come along..." he muttered in thought, trying to imagine a time where it would be fun to hang out with Stephanie. She was always... quieter, than Austiin liked. While silence was a virtue in his eyes, her tendency to wear a scowl just didn't fit his expectation of a holiday on the sunny shores of Fiji. If he wanted a bad vacation from everything, he'd just pack his kids and Cameron and take them with him. He was going without the monsters for a reason. He flippantly waved his hand at Cameron's concern. "You have a wand, Cameron. Try waving it sometime instead of insisting we get a washing machine. I will never, ever use one of those things." Besides, from where Austiin was sitting it was certainly a fortunate thing that Cameron had ran out of shirts and he wasn't Austiin's size. Still wearing a small smile, Austiin returned to his previous grievance as Camerpn brought it back up. "The man lived in Egypt for five years, Cameron. I think he can handle Fiji."And actually had something other than sand and wasteland pouring out around it. Cameron obviously wasn't taking this seriously, when it obviously was a serious issue. He couldn't very well go by himself, not only would that be boring, everyone knew that Austiin shouldn't be alone with people. He had already come to regret his nature several times but there was no changing it, not even for poor Cameron's sake. He shifted his weight to lean against the armchair and laid his feet across Cameron's lap, still wondering about who he would be taking to Fiji, and also when. They would probably need a bit of a heads-up unless he intended on kidnapping them. Although...

At the thought of calling one of his good friends such an atrocious name, Austiin's face twisted as if he had just sucked on a lemon. "I'd sooner cut my tongue out," he responded, shaking his head. Cameron obviously had to be tired - otherwise he would never have suggested something so stupid. This just wouldn't do, he needed serious suggests, not the ramblings of a tired Cameron. "Oh Merlin, and the kids!" he exclaimed, suddenly remembering his other problem as he threw his hands in the air. He wasn't leaving them with a nanny - frankly, he thought that to be a pointless job. Having grown up with a nanny that did absolutely nothing for him, his opinion of them was negative to say the least. He couldn't just leave them all on Cameron, because he was sure that would only end in disaster since about 80% of them hated poor Cam. He couldn't trust Svetlana to take care of them all when she returned. Quite frankly, she was too much like Austiin himself. His thoughts were paused when he felt a small burning sensation on his foot, and discovered that Cameron had gone and gotten himself coffee - without offering some to Austiin. He glared for a moment and considered kicking him, but decided that it would be better for his health and happiness if he didn't rile Cameron up after he had just managed to get the little one to bed. "What're you doing next month?" he asked, deciding that he could possible take Cameron along. He didn't usually take partners on holidays (since admittedly they were the reason Austiin took so many holidays in the first place) but if he was free and willing, Austiin could just call in on a favour and leave his little monsters here and find a way to remove those bags from Cameron's eyes. They in themselves looked ready for a trip to Fiji.

Cameron rolled his eyes despite himself. Austiin was so hard to love. Cameron was basically in a house filled with children whether he liked it or not. Austiin was still mostly a child and having him around was exhausting. Cameron loved him however, Merlin knew why and so Cam had to put up with it. "I do use my wand, but when I am as exhausted as I am, do you really think it is safe to try any complicated pieces of magic. Sure one shirt at a time I could do, but the whole lot?" Cameron shook his head and sighed. "No way, I am staying away. Since you insist on not caring for Mei-ling in your little depression." Cameron closed his eyes. He really couldn't demand that Austiin help him care for the girl, because she was Cameron's after all and had held no actual relationship with the older man, but still, it was the thought that counted. After all, he ever so graciously allowed Austiin's horde of children to live in this house. It was his home too after all. Cameron shrugged when Austiin mentioned that Jasper had lived in Egypt for five years. That didn't matter. Cameron had been dating Austiin on and off for longer then that and he could have hated him right now. He voiced his thoughts. "Your point? We've been dating on and off for six or seven years now and I still hate you. Don't see me leaving do you?" Cameron had to admit that he may have gone a little far there as he had actually left a couple of times, but at the moment they were pretty solid, so he was comfortable mentioning it. "He obviously had his reasons for declining, Aus. I think you should leave it at that."

Sipping his coffee again, Cameron leaned back against the lounge and rolled his eyes, again, at Austiin's behaviour. "I better get paid really well next life time for putting up with this much crap." Cam mumbled, looking over at Austiin, an expression of annoyance plastered on his face. Austiin had thrown his legs over Cameron's lap earlier, but it was only now that Cameron was acknowledging it as he placed his hand on Austiin's leg. Placing his coffee on the side table, Cameron sighed. "I know they hate me, but you might as well leave the kids with me. I figure I can just lock the annoying ones in their rooms with a silencing charm and Ellie will just sit on the lounge and watch me clean all week." Yawning slightly, Cameron slumped in the lounge and rested his forehead on his hand on Austiin's leg. Today felt like it was never going to end. "Merlin, I am so tired, Aus. I don't think I'm going into work today." Cam had just about had his eye shut, when Austiin's question made him snap his head back up. Austiin just asked what he was doing next month? At first Cameron had thought that maybe he was planning on inviting him on holidays, but that couldn't be right, because Austiin never took him on holidays. In all the years they had been dating, they had never gone on holiday together. It made Cameron mad, yes, but that was just the way things were. "Well... I have work for three of the four weeks next month and Mai has that Doctor's appointment and I need to take Leander and Ruben for some counselling, and I think you have that thing with..." Cameron cut himself off. "Never mind, um... why?"

Austiin shrugged and ignored the most of what Cameron said. He was probably complaining about being tired or something. He was always tired and Austiin wasn't sure exactly what he wanted him to do about it. The man was not prepared to do everything for his boyfriend, as while he cared deeply for Cameron, he was by no means his mother nor his nurse and therefore could not coddle him for eternity. If he were ill he would be taken care of, but he wasn't sick. He just seemed to have trouble staying awake in Austiin's time of need. He doubted Cameron fully comprehended the seriousness of his situation. "It's not a little depression," he countered. "And I do try, but babies just aren't my thing. You're so much better at dealing with her than I am." Especially since, quite frankly, the young girl trusted Cameron more than she trusted anyone else, just as Tommy trusted Austiin more than he did anyone else. It was just how some children were. They had people that they always went to, and people they would never truly accept, they were both victims of such relationships. "I haven't bothered counting the amount of times you've left." Austiin countered, running his fingers through his hair, before deciding a change of subject was in order otherwise he would most certainly start thinking of things that would make him feel a pang of guilt, and Cameron feel the need to increase the number of times he has walked out.

Austiin rolled his eyes as Cameron began lamenting about his relationship with Austiin's horde. Trying to encourage this stupidity to stop, he placed his hand on Cameron's, and shook his head. "Babe, they don't hate you. They just kind of, you know, don't like you in a really serious way." He smiled kindly. "Hate's such a strong term to use. You don't have to worry about them anyway. You were here first." And ever kid could go to a home if they caused too much trouble. Except Tommy and Keye - but that was only because Tommy knew how to keep his mouth shut, and Keye was a favour for friends in need. While Svetlana, Imogen, Ellington, Leander, and Ruben held a special place in his heart, it was only because they were his flesh-and-blood children - but it wasn't greater than the love he held for Cameron, and he would not hesitate to have his children leave - especially Svetlana. Definitely Svetlana. If Vera could just dump her on him, he could take the blonde back to Russia and leave her there.

Upon having Cameron's head on his leg, Austiin rolled his eyes to the heavens and flexed his leg, before crossing it to stop Cameron from doing that. Not only did it look uncomfortable to look at, as he would surely throw his back out, Austiin was getting chilly and decided that there was a way for Cameron to continue complaining about how tired he was, and for Austiin to get warmer. "Get you're head off my leg, you're not a dog, so don't act like one." He sat up and slid over to Cameron, tucking the man's head to his chest if he so allowed. His brow rose at the list of things Cameron was running off, until he abruptly stopped. "Why?" he repeated, looking at Cameron. "Because I want you to come with me. You, me, the sandy beaches of Fiji? It'll be lovely." He settled further into Cameron and the lounge. "Just think about it. You could get a massage, and drinks delivered to you, and soak up allthe sunlight you want. You'll have a break from the Horde, you'll be treated like a king, and best of all, you can start unpacking those bags under your eyes. Seriously, their bigger than my travel bags." And it would give Austiin time to go off on a few... important adventures that needed to be attended to.

Cameron rolled his eyes again for what had to be the fiftieth time since he had walked out of Mai-Ling's room. Maybe he would have been better off staying in there, because he was having an absolutely horrid time out here. Shaking his head at his, dramatic, boyfriend, Cameron replied in as much sarcasm as he could muster. "Then stop bloody having them." Though Austiin hadn't cheated on him lately, at least he didn't think he had, Cameron honestly was living on a timer. He never knew when he was going to get a new gift or something. Speaking of gifts. "Aus, Ruben painted the bumper of my new car yellow. It looks icky, but I don't want to hurt his feelings." He told his boyfriend. "Why'd you buy me a car anyway?" He asked, yawning again and rolling the cricks out of his neck. He had seen better days that was for sure. To his credit, he didn't glare at Austiin when he mentioned not having counted the amount of times that Cameron had left. To be honest, Cameron knew the exact about, but he hadn't left since that big two year break up. He didn't really want to leave again, but with the way Austiin was, he some how felt that things would get worse before they would get better, it was always like that after all. Biting his lip to stop his nasty retort, Cameron settled for a much calmer version. "You aren't totally innocent of blame, Love." He hated it when Austiin tried to be like this. It was beyond infuriating and more then a little nerve wracking. Pinching the bridge of his nose to stave off a headache, Cameron sighed. "Please, please don't start with me today, Aus, I can't handle it."

Cameron nearly burst into laughter at Austiin trying to tell him that the kids didn't really hate him, they just didn't like him. Cameron raised his eyebrow. "Yeah, because disagreeing with my existence, is disliking me." Cameron shook his head. Honestly, the way Austiin was being so nonchalant about this was ridiculous. Cameron was here first. As true as that was, Cameron wasn't sure how must weight that declaration really held anymore. He was sure he would walk out of this relationship more then once in the next years of their life. Maybe one day, it would even be permanent. Cameron then grumbled in annoyance as Austiin flicked his leg. That was annoying. He didn't want his head flicked. Glaring at Austiin he rolled his eyes at him again for the dog mention and pinched his lover on the thigh. That should bloody well teach him to be an arse. However, he was very tired and gladly crawled into Austiin's lap when the man offered his chest. If he was resting here, he wanted to be comfortable, not have half his body on Austiin's and half his body not, that was simply not acceptable. When he started talking about Fiji and the things they could do there, Cameron found himself closing his eyes and picturing the scenarios in front of him. It would be nice to just get away, relax, have some one wait on him hand and foot. He'd not been on a holiday for a very, very long time. He smiled as he thought about it. There was no way he could pass this opportunity up right? Of course he was going to have to say yes. He pressed himself into Austiin and nuzzled his face into the man's chest. "That actually sounds really wonderful, Aus. Really great. We can do heaps of things together. I haven't been on a holiday since way before we got together and I am so very tired."

Austiin stopped himself from pointing out that the only baby that had ever been in this house was Mei-Ling - who was Cameron's adopted daughter. All of Austiin's children were at least three when he got them, except Oliver and Wynter, but they live the majority of their time with Alexia, who was there mother. Who also happened to be an auror. Which meant that she could potentially arrest him one day if he were ever found out. Which could potentially make family outings rather awkward. But he refused to look on the subject and instead focused on Cameron, because that was less likely to make him nervous. But at the mention of the car he had brought, after cheating on Cameron with some woman he met at The Medley, he chuckled slightly. He couldn't remember the woman's name. Alicia? Amanda? Arianna? Something with an A that sounded rather nice. Either way, she wasn't very important right now, and so Cameron was on a need-to-know basis. "I saw it, I wanted it, so I got it for you," he replied, smiling. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch, since Austiin often brought things for the sake of giving... usually after going off the rails for a bit, but Cameron didn't always know that was the reason. And, adhering to Cameron's wishes, he refrained from carrying on, knowing that Cameron would probably try to hex him. His success was questionable, but Austiin didn't want it to go that far.

"Well, they could be doing so much worse," he said, shrugging slightly. Usually they simply ignored Cameron, and Austiin didn't find that to be so bad. He'd rather be ignored more often. He rolled his eyes as Cameron sat on him like a child. He felt Cameron physically relax in his arms as he continued to speak of Fiji as if he were a Travel Agent. He nodded firmly as Cameron finally agreed. "And you always complained about Fiji. We can walk along the beaches, and do stupid tourist things. You'll have a great time."

Cameron wasn't even listening to Austiin anymore. He was happy for the car, that was for sure, but he was too busy being all snugg and comfy in Austiin's arms to even worry about any of that. Maybe he could get Austiin to carry him to bed. The sudden thought made Cameron sit up and crawl away from Austiin. Merlin's Beard! He was a grown man! He should not be crawling all over his boyfriend, wanting to be carried to bed like he was. It was not appropriate behaviour. Not at all! Shaking his head and practically jumping off of the lounge in a bid to get away from his lover, Cameron tossed a jumble of words over his shoulder before waving his hand at his coffee cup, which immediately disappeared. This was not the behaviour of a fully functioning Cameron. He was so tired he was even considering just curling up in Austiin's lap and living out the rest of his days as a cat. He wasn't an animagus of course, which made the consideration that much stranger. The things his mind did in a sleep-deprived state were scaring him. He couldn't imagine what living as Austiin's pet would be like. Surely it would be a horrid experience!

"I always complained because you never invited... me." He had yawned halfway through, but he was sure he got his point across. Reaching out his hands to Austiin he sighed and flopped back down on top of his boyfriend again, encircling his arms around the older man's neck. "I'm dead tired, Love. I might just head to bed. I know its only like two, but I can't hardly keep my eyes open." He began to fall asleep on Austiin's shoulder at this. "Can you keep an ear out for the Munchkins. I don't think I can..." Falling asleep on Austiin was less then ideal, but that was exactly what was happening and Cameron couldn't stop it. He rarely got any sleep these days, what with Mai-Ling waking up at all hours, Ruben and Leander joining them in bed, or Imogen and Sveltana trying to sneak out, it was any wonder. The only ones not giving them trouble were Tommy and Ellie, they were too quiet though and Cameron didn't trust that either. "I'm just... gonna go to... bed now. Okay, Austiin?" Cameron slowly stood up and headed in the way of his bed room. Maybe he would make it before passing out.

Austiin blinked with surprise as Cameron leapt from his arms with surprising speed, and began using magic to return his mug.He tilted his head as Cameron yawned, never once making the connection that, perhaps Cameron had wanted to come with him on occasion. He never, ever asked, so Austiin assumed he didn't care. Austiin then flinched as Cameron had no apparent thought for his wellbeing as he simply threw himself back onto his lap and locking him in his arms, and then proceeding to fall asleep there. "Cam..." he whispered, tapping his back. "I get you're tired, but-" He rolled his eyes and rubbed Cameron's back, finding this to be both uncomfortable, and unnecessary. The bedroom wasn't that far away, he could have just trudged off to go rest, but no. He had to do this. Austiin was not about to just leave Cameron like this, because his posture was all wrong, for starters. Among other issues.

"Don't you-" he sighed as Cameron tried to get up, seemingly reading his mind. Now that he witnessed Cameron's walking, he decided that he probably couldn't get there by himself, and decided the he should probably help. He stood up from the couch and put his arm around Cameron's waist. "Come on, I'll apparate you." And later he could plan their trip.

- FINISHED -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back