Exploring

Dominic Thatcher

Wand
12 inch, Eucalyptus, Essence of bunyip fang
Dominic had left the Ravenclaw common-room to do a bit of exploring around the castle. It was a very interesting place and his natural curiosity had gotten the better of him. He walked up the stairs, not knowing where they would lead. When he reached the top, the first thing he noticed was the view. It was unlike anything he had ever seen before.

It was empty so he walked over and sat by a window, taking in the view. He made a mental note to bring a pencil and his sketchbook next time he comes up here. He heard someone coming up the stairs, he wasn't worried. Dom was actually quite an outgoing person and had been hoping that he would meet someone soon.

Alex had decided that he would go right up the top of the north tower and take a look around the castle grounds, it had been a fair time since he had been there. As he made it up the stairs he saw someone he recognized, a boy. It was Dominic Thatcher. The boy he had met all that time ago out in the forest, when they got attacked by the swarm of Werewolves. ' Hey Mate, haven't seen you around in a while. What you been up to?"

Dom noticed the familiar face, "Hi Alex." Dom had mixed reactions about seeing his familiar friend, he was glad to see him but he was kind of looking forward to meeting someone new. "Yeah, I've been good," He said smiling, "How have you been?" Dominic remembered the time when the two of them had been attacked by werewolves, Alex had practically saved him. Dom looked at where Alex had been scratched by the wolves, he seemed to be healing quite nicely.

Alex noticed how Dom looked at where he had been attacked by the Werewolves that time he went camping and found Dom out in the bush. " Yeah I've been alright I suppose." He cast his eye out over the grounds, it had been a long time since he had, come up here and just enjoyed the peace and tranquility of it all. " Have you seen many of the others around lately?"

"Oh, thats good to hear," Dominic said, happy that Alex was feeling better. Alex had just asked the question Dom had been wondering about. "No," He said, " I haven't seen anyone for quite while." It seemed that everyone had just disappeared recently. Dom opened a window, a cool breeze swept through the tower. "Why do you ask?" He said.

" The only people I have seen is Kina and Leah Winters and Kina wasn't herself, She was all bright and bubbly instead of all mysterious." Alex said thinking how weird everything had gotten over the past few weeks." ... I've been hanging out with some other people, some of them are pretty cool." He said wondering whether Dom had been doing the same, or had just stuck to himself.

The faces of Leah and Kina appeared in his head, two people that he barely knew. "Thats definitely strange," Dominic said, agreeing with Alex, it was not like Kina to be all bright and happy. Everything had gotten quite weird over the past few days, with the whole transfer thing. " Yeah, I have met a few others," He said, remembering the few people that he had met lately.

" I think I have started to fall for a chick aye." He said feeling kind of weird, saying it out loud to someone other then her. " The first girl that I met here." The Hufflepuff boy said as he scratched his head." It was weird, when I saw Kina she was drinking, and carrying on about how much of a idiot Cedric was. You probably don't remember him, they started dating, then he dissapeared." Alex felt sorry for Kina, over the time he had gotten to know her a lot of bad things have happened to her. She has had her heart broken, and been attacked. Lost her job and now looking for it back. "... but I have to say, that Leah girl is a weird one. One minute she is super nice, then the next she is yelling and screaming at you. I reckon she has Bi Polar." He said with a smile.

[Im saying that Alex was here since the beginning. lol]

(Yeah well I'm a transfer so lets just say Alex and Dom had already met each other)

Dom was a little taken aback by what Alex had said. I mean, they were friends, but not really super close. "Thats good," Is all he said in return. It was finally good to know what was really up with Kina, you could always tell that she had been through some pretty harsh times but it was good to know, so Dom could remember not to get to worked up whenever she comes across as rude. Dom laughed at his comment about Leah, he had worked out the moment he met Leah that she did have some big moods swings. "Bi- Polar people are fun," He said, Alex probably didn't get it, a bit of a personal joke, really. Leah was a bit of a weird one, but Dom also came across a eccentric sometimes.

[yeah ok]

Alex smiled at Dominic's comment about Bi-polar people being fun. It was true, you never knew what they where going to be like. One minute there calm and relaxed, the next there angry and sometimes they would snap and just start crying over the stupidest things. "You know man, I hardly know anything about you. Tell me something about you, I mean we have talked a few times but never really talked about what we are like." He said wanting to know a little bit more about his friend. He didn't want to sound creepy asking it but, he felt wieird having a friend he hardly knew.

"Well I was about to ask you the same thing." He said. Dom paused for a second, thinking about what to say about himself. "Well," He started, "I am from Australia, I have been sailing all over the world, I like art and drawing. I'm quite outgoing and I guess I come across as weird and eccentric to many people." He said, breathing deeply as he finished. Dom hadn't really been sure whether Alex had noticed some of his unusual quirks. I guess you don't really try and analyze a person whilst running away from werewolves. His personality had gotten him his fair share of bullying at a younger age, but thankfully Dom had taught himself not to care what others think at a very young age. "So what about you?" He added quickly, nearly forgetting to ask Alex about himself.

" Well, I'm a Australian to, i have absolutely no family. They all have passed away, or just dropped off the face of the map. I love break dancing, rapping and fighting. I usually enjoy being on my own, but recently I have been getting out and talking to people and making new friends." He said as he looked out the window that Dominic had opened before. " Yeah, that was pretty awesome that night, almost got eaten. Would have been absolutely stuffed it you weren't there you helped out a bunch."

Obviously, Dom and Alex seemed to be two very different people. Dominic had flashbacks to that night, now that you look back on it, it was pretty fun,"Yeah," he agreed. He paused and wondered at Alex just said. Was he being sarcastic? Dom had actually been no help at all that night, back then he had a very limited knowledge of magic. Alex practically saved him. "Well not really, I didn't help at all..... Except when," Dom said, having a second thought, " I did the spell and it went completely off target, hit a tree and landed on a werewolf. That was a huge fluke."

" You ended up taking out a few more werewolves then just one, I think." Alex said as he thought back to that night, when he was going to be camping, but ended up having to make a run for it, to get away from the Werewolves. It would have been funner, if it was just a few of them. Seeing as he would have been able to stay there the night still but even if he did, he would have been on guard all night. They would have wanted to come collect there dead. " I think you hit the one that scratched my leg man, if it wasn't for that I would be a goner, or worse one of them. That i have to thank you for."

Dominic smiled, he loved compliments, but then again, who doesn't like compliments? "Thanks," he said slightly embarrassed. "So who's this girl you've fallen for?" He said, trying to make conversation before they fell into an awkward silence. Dom hadn't really taken a liking to anyone he'd met, but it was still early days at Hogwarts New Zealand. He was in a noticeably happy mood now, he was usually quite happy but he felt flattered that Alex considered that Dom had saved his life.

Alex was taken off guard at the change of subject, but it was all good. He knew that Dominic didn't really think he was the reason that Alex was still alive, which was all good. " Her name is Maddiie Hollawarth." He said kind of going blank for a minute just thinking about, there first kiss. Which was down by the lake the night before. " Man you seriously need to get out and start looking. New Zealand filled with gorgeous women, ill start worrying about you soon if you keep it this way. You need to get yourself a women."

Dom laughed. Finding himself a girlfriend was the last thing on his mind right now. Besides Dom didn't really believe that you can 'look' for a girl, it just happens."Not sure I know her," Dom said, trying to put a face to the name, but not succeeding. "No thanks, I'm cool for now," he said, Alex might think he was a little weird, but most people did anyway. "You'll have to point out this Maddiie to me one day." He hated the way he could never register well with names, it made for a lot of confusement when somebody talked about another person.

Alex was puzzled, how could some one be alright when it came to women, maybe Dom was gay? But he highly doubted it, he didn't seem that way inclined. " It's all good man, it can get that way some times, when you just want to be alone. Until you meet the right girl and you know she is the right one for you." he said smiling, he knew that Maddiie was the right girl for him, well he couldn't tell really but he hoped she was. " Yeah man of course I will."

"Yeah, thats exactly what I mean," Dom said, glad that Alex understood what he had just said. He didn't want to have to end up confirming that he is not gay for the billionth time. Dom wondered how long Alex and Madiie would last, secretly he beleived that it would be over in a few months, a year at max, it always was at this age. He knew that might annoy Alex a little bit, so he kept his mouth shut. Dom glanced over at the forest, an idea crossed his mind. "I haven't been in the forest since we got attacked, want to head over there?" DOm said, he was feeling a bit adventurous today.

Alex smiled at the thought of going over to the forest with his mate. " Yeah it sounds pretty good, wonder what more trouble we can get in. Just hope i don't end up dead." Alex said dreading, going into the forest, but not really caring, there was a part of him that wanted to avenge his brothers death. ( I said justice dies as well) It had been so long, since he had even thought of his brother, it almost brought tears to his eyes.

Dominic laughed at the thought of going back to the forest. He had sure had some good times back in that forest. Dom noticed Alex's eyes become watery. "Is everything okay" Dom said, sincerely, "It's absolutely fine if you don't want to talk about it." He hoped he hadn't sounded too nosy. It was starting to get dark now, curfew was only about half an hour away. "We should definitely try out camping over night some time. Hopefully this time we won't get attacked by werewolves," Dom joked, knowing that the chances of being attacked again, this time he would check the moon calender.

Alex looked up at the sky, it was beginning to get late and it soon would be time to return to there dorms. " Yeah everything is alright man, just some bad memories about the forest, You would have to remember Justice my brother, he died in there not long ago man." He looked out at the forest and knew he had to go back in there and look for the thing that killed him. " Let's go in there tomorrow man, and yeah we need to go camping again and I doubt the werewolves would touch us now." He said keeping in a secret, the werewolves don't come here it is inhabited by one already.

"Yeah, sounds good," Dom said, excitement evident in his voice, "I know about this little cave close to the middle of the forest. You been there?" If they camped out in the cave, there would be no need for a tent. All that would be needed is sleeping bags and some fire lighters. "We'll be breaking curfew though, we'll have to make a plan to sneak out." Though smart and hard working like a typical Ravenclaw, Dom possessed some more rebellious traits. His brains came in handy when sneaking out after curfew or doing something that is banned by the school rules.

(We'll send permission to start a topic in the forest)

" Yeah, I've been there man. Its pretty good." Alex said as he stood up." Well I better get going, I have a fair bit to get to my common room. Ill see you there man." He said as he patted Dom on the back before walking out of the tower and down the stair and began to head out towards the Hufflepuff common room.

(( you need permission.))

"Yeah, see you tomorrow," Dom said. Alex left the tower, but Dom decided to stay in the tower for just a few more minutes. He checked his watch, thirty seconds to curfew. Dom was really surprised. He reluctantly set of down the stairs and back to the Ravenclaw common room.

(Do you want to make the topic?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back