Exploring

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Having been here for a full term now, Lisa realised that she hadn't explored the whole school properly. Well, that's easy to solve, isn't it? she thought to herself as she stepped into the Sixth Floor Corridor, knowing that her curiosity would get the better of her and draw her to strange places. Might as well get to know the place, she thought, as she opened the door of an empty classroom and peered inside. Will I get in trouble if I'm caught? she asked herself, worry niggling at her.

(([/lame]))

Patricia, in her usual bubbly mood, decided she needed a change from her normal routine. She stuck to the same thing day in and day out. So today in her quest to think of something new or different to do she took a walk around the castle. It wasn't something she normally did so she laughed to herself at the irony of while thinking of something new to do she infact was doing something new.

She made her way up the endless amount of stairs, deciding to go to the North Tower and maybe take in a few of the sights from the one of the highest parts of the castle. Along the sixth floor corridor she saw a young girl in a Ravenclaw uniform looking into one of the empty classrooms. Patricia knew there was nothing wrong in doing this, it was what they were there for.

But the, what looked like first year, didn't. Walking up behind the girl, as quietly as she could, she said, "What you doing?" laughing lightly after saying it wondering if she give the girl a fright.

"What are you doing?"

Lisa jumped and spun around. There was a girl there in a Hufflepuff uniform, who seemed much older than the little Ravenclaw. I'm in for it now, she thought, as her mouth kept opening and closing like a goldfish, at a loss what to say. She didn't register the smiling face, and the laugh. "Um, looking around," she managed to say, staring up at the newcomer; nearly everyone here was much taller than her.

Patricia smiled down at the little Ravenclaw, she must have given her much more of a fight than she anticapted. "Mind if I join you?" she asked with a smile, opening the door a bit more to look in.

Lisa breathed out and smiled sheepishly. The Hufflepuff wasn't here to rat her out at all. Thank heavens. "Oh no, not at all," she said, stepping aside slightly so the older girl could peek in too. "I'm Lisa, by the way," she added, "Lisa Boatwood."

Patricia giggled lightly as the girl said she could join, opening the door further she walked on into the empty classroom. Patricia wasn't sure why there were so many empty classroom all over the castle. Some were normal, some a bit different, but she hadn't explored that much to find out what was in every single one of them.

When the girl introduced herself Patricia turned back round to her, "Oh yes, sorry Lisa, nice to meet you." she said with a smile. "Patricia Rogers, Third year. I take it you're first?" she asked, seeing as the face was pretty new to her, but then again she could be one of the endless transfers.

Lisa followed Patricia into the classroom, feeling more comfortable with the kind Hufflepuff every minute. "Nice to meet you, Patricia," she said, nodding her head and smiling. It always was nice to meet a new friend, especially in the most unusual of circumstances.

"Yep, I'm a first year alright," she giggled, flicking a braid of her long hair away from her face. "Does my height not give it away?" she added, "People have told me I look nine or ten before." Which she found genuinely insulting, but Lisa didn't mention that.

Patricia laughed as the girl mentioned that her height should have given away her age and in turn her year. "That's why I didn't make it into Ravenclaw. I was stupid enough not to take that into consideration." she said slapping her head, laughing.

Ever since she had returned from the holidays she was always in a silly, goofy mood, she didn't know why but she was enjoying it, it more like her. "So Lisa, the First Year Ravenclaw, how're you finding Hogwarts?" it was a typical question, and she had got fed up with everyone asking her that in first year, but it was always a good icebreaker.

Lisa shrugged; it was a while since she had answered that question. "It's all well and good really," she said, making an effort to smile. "Of course, that Gossip Magazine - " she growled the words "was a bit upsetting - " understatement of the year, she thought to herself "but I'm over that now, and it's been pretty much smooth sailing ever since."

Patricia frowned slightly as Lisa mentioned the Gossip Magazine, admitadley it hadn't been one of Bella's best moves, and she felt sorry for the girl, the amount of riticule she was going to and already had recieved about it must be hard for her, more so after loosing her mother on the night of the Yule Ball. Patricia couldn't imagine what that was like for anyone, she had never really lost anyone close to her. "Well at least it's all in the past eh?" she said attemping to brighten things up again.

"So what about classes? How are they treating you?" she asked, remembering how hard it was to talk to first years, she didn't know how she made all the older friends, it was hard to think of common ground for discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back