exploring

Rosemarie Wilkinson

(Rosemarie- http://www.blogdaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/kristin-kreuk.jpg)

Rosemarie Wilkinson was walking through the village, her hazel eyes searching the place as if she had never been there before, which she hadn't. She was thrilled to be here finally even if she was here alone. Her father was too busy with work to attend 'frivolous' affairs like this as he always told her, but he gave her plenty of money to go shopping.

'Since Mother died when she was having me, father had been the mean man I had grown up with who had cursed me when I did wrong. According to mother's letters, he was a kind gentle man who looked after her, quite the opposite to what I know now.' She thought, as she walked up the village at a quick pace, her long brown hair was blown behind her.

She stopped at a window and looked through it, adjusting her designer Guess handbag against her black shirt. She was wearing a black shirt with mini black shorts which showed off her curves perfectly. It was hard for her as when people found out who her father was they wanted to get to know him and she wasn't sure who was using her and who wasn't. That was why she sometimes shut herself away in a book. Her father used to be a famous Quidditch player, but he had quit to become a Death Eater quite some time ago.

Rosemarie sighed as she noticed the new broomstick and looked at her watch. She was on a tight schedule and the house elves would let her father know if she wasn't there on time, but she didn't care if she got punished, she always got punished anyway, even when she did nothing wrong.

She strode into the store, to buy the broomstick and as she walked towards the front counter, she ran into a boy about her age and fell back onto the ground. Blushing furiously, she stood up and glared at him haughtily. "Watch where you're going!" She snapped, her voice accenting her disdain nicely.

Alex laughed as somebody bumped into him, "Well hello there. I do believe you're the one who ran into me." Alex said, smiling at the girl. "I'm Alex, Alex Blade." He announced, clearly full of himself. Alex sighed softly, looking at the girl, "Seems you wanted to buy a broom, you look like the kind who knows better then to break rules. You look like the kind Ravenclaw would want." Alex said, "And, I do believe you should know that first years aren't supposed to have brooms." Alex said, clearly thinking he was superior to the girl. Though he was.

Alex laughed, looking around the store, "I'll be happy when I'm in my Second Year and I can buy a broom for myself." Alex said, he wanted nothing more then to be able to fly, and he wouldn't rest until he did. Alex looked at the girl, "You going to tell me your name or just stand there all day?" He said, getting bored with the girl. Alex looked at the girl, "What house do you reckon you are going to be in?" He asked, looking around, "I want to get a broom as well." Alex said, shrugging.

Rosemarie sneered at the boy standing there in front of her disdainfully and flicked her brown hair over her shoulder. That should be answer enough, her father was in Slytherin so hopefully of course she would be as well. "I do know that we are not allowed to have a broom." She said haughtily, "You're probably a muggle-born aren't you? And for your information my name is Rosemarie." She glared at the boy as she tilted her nose up slightly. Why was she even bothering talking to a muggle-born? "Just so you know my father is Alfred Wilkinson." With her sneer perfected, her eyes gazed around the store disdainfully. "And he could buy this store with no problem."

Rosemarie clearly thought herself superior to this boy, and she was of course. She strode outside the store and continued up the street, her shoes clattering loudly against the pavement. She was going to a few other stores before going home today where her father would be expecting her, probably with a punishment. She stopped in the middle of the pavement, and the crowd wove around her some muttering at her and giving her glares which she gave fully back. Someone was shouting her name.

Alex laughed, "You think I'm Muggle-Born, aye? You couldn't be more wrong. I'm Half Blood. Mum's a Witch, Dad's a Muggle." Alex explained. "Oooh. Whoopee, you're daddy is rich. Money isn't everything, you know." Alex explained, clearly she thought she was better then Alex, and Alex wouldn't stand that, she was his equal. Alex smiled, "Alfred Wilkinson. That rings a bell." Alex said, shrugging. Alex watched her walking out of the store and followed her, he watched her stop in the pavement and look around, randomly glaring at people. He walked up beside her. "You trying to get rid of me? You will have to try better then that, I'm quite stubborn, just like my brother. Don't suppose you would know him though." Alex shrugged and turned to her, "So. Is there anything in your life that doesn't involve being loaded with money and trying to buy anything that you can get your hands on?" Alex teased.

Rosemarie cocked an eyebrow at the boy inquisitively. "Who said that there isn't anything else in my life like that." She smirked at him, before grimacing. This boy would probably be a Hufflepuff and she was teasing and flirting with him? Eugh. "Who is your brother?" She inquired curiously, maybe if she knew about him then she would find out what house he had been in and what house Alex would be in. "Look, I don't have time to just stand here talking to you." She snapped. It was true, if she was even one minute late her father would crucio her.

She turned to leave but her shirt got caught on something and was wrapped around it. She struggled to unwind it but was caught. She hated to ask for help so she stared at the boy meaningfully instead, waiting for him to offer.

Alex sighed, "I would appreciate it if you wouldn't flirt with me, it doesn't do much for me anyway." Alex said, shrugging. "I'm pretty much oblivious to flirting, comes with the Blade name." Alex said. Alex watched her attempt to get away, "I'm sure you do, you just don't want too." Alex said. Alex watched her shirt get caught on something, "You know, you kind of brought that on yourself." Alex said, shrugging. "For your information, my brother is Chase Blade." Alex said.

Alex walked over to her and detached her shirt from whatever it was that was holding it in place. Alex shrugged and started walking off, "Come on. I dislike standing in one place for too long, gets boring. Kind of like you. Your so called 'I'm better then everyone' act doesn't fool me at all." Alex said, shrugging.

Rosemarie rose an eyebrow in disbelief. "Really?" She sneered without as much as a thank you. She strode off again passing him, not caring if he was following her. She had places to be and people to see. Suddenly in the middle of the road she whirled around and rose an eyebrow. "What exactly is it you want?" she snarled. "Money? An autograph? All those are yours just get lost!"

Alex laughed, "You really think that will work? Jeeze, you must think I'm some moronic little kid who has nothing better to do with his time. Well, that may be true, but hey, I'm not moronic, nor am I little." Alex said, winking. ((Not flirting, fool.)) Alex walked over to her, stopping beside her, "I don't need your money, and what in the world would I want with an Autograph of some stuck up girl?" Alex asked, "Forget what I said about Ravenclaw, you'd be much better in Slytherin." Alex said. He chuckled, "But then again, maybe Hufflepuff, you don't seem too have any brains." Alex said, laughing. "You're far too full of yourself too be in Gryffindor, and you don't strike me as brave, maybe stupid, but definitely not brave." Alex said, shrugging.

Rosemarie snarled at the boy and flicking her hair attempted to stride off again towards the Three Broomsticks. She looked at her watch and winced, it was nearly time for her to get home and if she didn't she would be triply punished for it. "Then what do you want?" She snapped. "I really have to get somewhere right now otherwise I'll be punished! Do you understand that?" This moronic boy probably would never understand that, he probably had never been punished in his life.

Alex laughed, "You think I don't understand what punishment is?" Alex turned around and lifted up his shirt to show his back to Rosemarie, there were several scars there, all of them brutal looking, and several purple marks. "You want to reevaluate that opinion?" Alex asked, "Growing up with muggles can have it's downsides, especially when the man of the house is abusive." Alex said, sighing. "But I'm sure it must suck, having your father as a Death Eater. Aye?" Alex chuckled, "I heard about your father, he used to be a great Quidditch player." Alex said, laughing, "What a pitiful excuse for a life." Alex said, "Well go on then. Run home to Daddy like the scared little girl you are." Alex said.

Rosemarie snarled at the boy and grabbed the collar of his shirt. "You know nothing about what it's like to live my life." She hissed, her face close to his. "You know nothing about my father, and you will wish that you hadn't said that, you will regret it sooner or later boy." She released Alex's collar and began striding off to the Three Broomsticks before turning around. "Nothing." She said simply. "Unless you want to know what it's like to live my life I suggest that you stay out of my way." She informed him haughtily, her brown eyes looking smoky as she said that.

Alex chuckled, "So that's what you think, is it? You don't know how wrong you really are. I know more about your life then you think I do." Alex said, his mouth curving into a smile. He knew this girl thought she was better then everybody else, and Alex would prove she was wrong, no matter what she did to try and make him think otherwise. Alex knew what it was like live with a parent such as hers, maybe not one that was a Death Eater, but the whole idea of an abusive parent was not new to Alex, "Remember, I grew up with abusive parents as well, Rosemarie. I do have an idea of what your life is like, and was like." Alex said, glaring at the girl, she was a spoiled little brat in Alex' eyes.

Alex sighed, "I know more about your father then you think I know. Some of us actually know how to research things. Sure I don't know about his whole Death Eater life, of course, considering he is meant to be a secret. But I do know about his life before he ran off from that." Alex said, shrugging. This girl would either see Alex as an equal, or he would get angry with her. Alex was an equal to this girl, no matter who her father was. With Chase about to marry a Death Eaters daughter, he would be just as important as Chase was. "But I already know what it's like to live in your life, so I would prefer not to stay away. You may not know it, but friends are important." Alex said, winking.

Rosemarie Wilkinson bit her lip to keep back a smart retort to the boy. She had always thought she was better than everyone else, and of course she still did. But maybe Alex was her equal after all, he had been abused just like her, maybe even worse than her as muggles were cavemen. She stared steadily back at him as he glared at her, her eyes not wavering the slightest. She wouldn't be cowered by him. She knew he probably considered her a spoiled brat, and she had grew up with what people would want with money and house elves and things like that, but she would gratefully pass her life on to someone else because of the abuse mainly.

Her eyes still locked on Alex's she replied steadily. "Maybe you do know what my life is like Alex." She took a deep breath, and continued. "But when I grew up, I got taught that no one would know what my life is like so I shouldn't even bother telling people about it. I was shut away from the rest of the world and got told that I was filthy, that no one would want to be my friend." A look of pain passed across her face when she said that before covered by the disinterested facade she had been taught to show to the world for so long. Maybe it was time to let the world know that Rosemarie was not like her family.

She relaxed slightly, her face softening as she gazed at the boy who made her consider so much in such a short time. Did this boy really want to be her friend? Or was he trying to trick her and then tell everyone that he tricked Rosemarie Wilkinson and tell everyone that. Then he would be congratulated for who knows how long and she would be punished even worse by her father. Her face hardened as she thought that and her eyes narrowed at the boy who had listened to her as she had told him everything that had happened. Her face softened once more, and her eyes looked almost little girl innocent. "Are you saying that you really want to be my friend?" She asked, her voice sounding like a little girl. Rosemarie had been taught to grow up fast and now here she was sounding like someone younger than her age. "Really Alex? Really?" She asked, almost sounding shocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back