Expirenmentation

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka was in a spare potions classroom mixing combination that she thought would work well. Now that she was a fifth year it was about time to start practicing making her own potions instead of making them out of the book. Her dream was to find a cure for the were-curse which plagued her friend for five years way too long. She wasn't searching for it right now though.

She actually mixing something for her little sister Epiphany. It was a Sparkling Solution that should make the air around her sparkle for a period of time making her believe that she was preforming magic. Zazuka assumed that if she got used to being around magic then this world would not be so confusing when she got her letter. She added a muggle bubble solution into the mixture that was already in the small cauldron. For a moment her vision turned yellow.

Eden was really bored, she had spent hours doing homework and now she had some free time and she did not know what she should do. She did not want to hang out with her boyfriend and she was avoiding her sister for a time. Walking into a empty classroom Eden ran into a girl she had met sometime ago she had been a friend of hers Eden wondered if she remembereed her.
"Hey Zazuka long time no see. Remember me?"
Eden stood there hoping that the first person she had ever met that was not family remembered her.

The yellow tint that the world had taken faidded from her eyes just as the young Slytherin girl came into the room. "Hello there dear. Yes of course I remember you. I never forget a face." She said though she had developed a good memory for names too. "How are you Eden?" She asked kindly as she reached into her potions kit and took out a very small vile. She slipped the top off and tapped it once. A single grain of what looked like black rice landed in the potion. A cloud of smoke came from the cauldron then cleared but left the air around Zazuka shimmering. "I thought that's what this needed." She said with a sunny smile on her face.

She remembered the girl vaguely having met her once her third year. She seemed to have grown up a lot since them but then she got to watch all the years below her blossom and grow as she did. For a moment Zazuka had thought that she could be a teacher, then knew better than to take up that profession. She had no spin for taking troublesome first year though the Ravenclaws never really gave her any trouble.

Crispin flipped through his notes as he walked down the hallway. He needed to practice some Charms work before class started. He had nearly an hour so decided to duck into an empty classroom. He palmed his wand, pushed his notes back into his bag and opened a door. Then he stopped in his tracks as the room wasn't as empty as he'd like. Spying the two girls then the potion simmering, he frowned.

"What are you making?" The smells of the ingredients were easy to identify, catalog in his brain, file through the knowledge his grandfather had drilled there since he was eight years old. He came up empty and this short sidedness made him a little testy.

Zazuka beamed as she looked at the boy that had entered the empty classroom. "Oh just trying to mix up a Sparkling Solution for my little sister." She said her voice seeming to drift over every inch of the classroom without being loud. "Sorry if we are preventing you from something. I think I got the mixture right by adding the Black Widow fang so I'll clean up and be out of your way if a snap." She said kindly as she took her wand out of her robe pocket and flicked it once.

In that flick all the ingredients she had been using where put away in her case while the mixture that she made was neatly put away in a vile. "My name is Zazuka Bones by the way I would like to know yours if that's not too personal a question." She said giving the boy with miss matched eyes another glowing smile.

"So what is your sister going to do with the Potion?"Eden asked in a sweet voice.

Zazuka smiled kindly at Eden because of the question. "Oh I just thought she'd like it. It seems that I am really good at making playthings." She said. The collection of dolls that she had in her room was proof of that. Zazuka was always thinking up new ways to give the dolls she made attributes that would not be thought of before.

Crispin nodded absently, rubbed his chin as he peered into her potion. "I've never heard of this potion. What exactly does it do?" The smell wasn't unpleasant but wholly unfamiliar. "I'm Crispin Cold," he said in a distracted voice. His mismatched eyes cut up and flicked from one girl to the younger one. "Who are you?" He turned his attention back to the potion. Although it would never be his chosen field, he would always keep up on the newest techniques and potions. It was in his blood and he had begun studying the library's books, as they were more informed than the ones he had at home.

Andy had been thrilled to bits to get a letter at last from Essie telling her how she was getting on with Epiphany. It seemed to have been the best solution possible for Zuka's sister to stay with Andy's godmother. The woman had been getting melancholy due to boredom and loneliness whenever the holidays came to an end and all her brood had to leave, now with Epiphany staying things were looking much brighter for her. The letter was full of all the things the two were getting up to, both seemed to be as mischievous as the other even for the difference in their ages. Knowing Zuka was down in the potions lab Andy rushed down to show her the letter but as she neared the class room heard voices. Slowing down as she recognised Zuka's she pushed the door open gently only to see her there with another girl and Crispin.

Andy knew no one had seen her yet, so quickly spun on her heel and ran. She was not ready to see him and didn't think she would ever be. The letter would have to wait, perhaps dinner time in the great hall. Her feet ran as fast as they could to put enough distance between her and the boy who crept unbidden into her dreams, when she should have been dreaming only of Bruin.

Zazuka looked towards the door then back at the people in front of her. She could never confuse that aura for someone else. Her friend Andy had just been at the door. She hoped no one else noticed though because Zazuka had gotten the feeling that she didn't want to be found. To anyone around her it may have looked like she spaced out for a moment. "This is my own creation. It makes the environment seem to glitter for any given amount of time. I've been working on it for a week now but never got it quite right. I knew I was getting close though when the combinations I made started tinting the world colors for me." She said laughing into her hand.

"I finally got it right it seems there has to be something to counter act the butter mellow." She said her voice getting dreamer. She came back about a moment later with a beaming smile. "A pleasure to meet you Crispin. Why have I not seen you around before?" She asked. The boy was much to tall to be a first year and (though she would deny it if she where ever asked) much too handsome to be one. She was sure that there where several transfers this year but she was also sure that Crispin was not one of them.

Eden stoped looking at the boy long enought to listen to what Zuka was saying.
"Can I try out the potion I think that it would be fun walking around sparkeling if you need someone to try out the potion Im game whats the worse that could happen?"
Eden bit her lip and alowed herself a long look at the boy before looking away.

Zazuka pressed a hand against her lips to supress a kind laugh. "Please excuse my friend Eden. I believe the feumes from my earlyer trials have gotten her a bit befuddled already." She said to Crispin before turning to Eden. "Yes I believe you can if no one objects." She said kindly. She looked at Crispin as if asking his approval. She had sinced that he had come in with the intent of doing something on his own. She didn't want to keep him from something.

Crispin suddenly stiffened, his back straightened almost painfully as the very elusive scent of roses touched his nose. Whipping his head toward the door, he caught a faint shadow. He started to go to the door then halted, stopping himself dead in his tracks. She didn't want to be found, not by him. Frowning he promised himself he would catch her later. Somehow. For now he had to force himself to continue living his life.

"Sorry," he muttered, turning back to them. "Your potion sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing its effects." He looked expectantly at them.

Zazuka nodded and smiled kindly. The emotions that Zazuka was picking up on where a bit entoxicating in a diffrent sort of way. "Of course." She said flicking her wand so the small cauldron would set itself up again. She started to dig though the potions kit to get what she needed. Eventually she would have to write down all that she knew how to do but for now it was safe inside her brain. "It is a curiose potion really because the base for it is not water as it is with other potions but pure essence of apple." She said taking out a round becker full of a brownish liquid. She looked around the room though the glass just opaque enough to see though.

Zazuka looked at Crispin and stopped right there. "She will say no at first. Don't give up." Was all she said then put the roundish bottle down next to cauldron then busied her self with the other ingredents. Some of it was normal for a potion like belladonna or nettles but other things where quite strange like muggle sliver flaked glitter and muggle bubble soap. "There is a word of caution though. If you don't balance out the ingredents just right it will turn from a solution into a poison. I found that out in the most unfourtunet way I'm afraid." She said with a sigh remembering the little catapiller she was rasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back