OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
The slytherin was trying to find things to do in school, he’d found himself rather bored by it all. The novelty of a new school had worn off for the bitter boy. Whatever enjoyment he could find had very quickly gone and given way to what remained, his bitterness and anger at having to integrate into a new school. The slytherin was half managing to get himself some friends, it just wasn’t going nearly as well as he might’ve wanted. Finding and becoming friends with people was hard work. The slytherin sighed heavily as he sat down in the great hall, it was a little before lunch and there were not a whole lot of people in the hall. He spotted a hufflepuff girl from his sorting on the hufflepuff table. He knew she was a first year given where he remembered her from and decided that he needed to widen his friend pool, so he headed over to her. ”Hey, you’re Amy right, I’m Daintree, Slytherin,” he held out a hand to her with a friendly smile on his features.

Amy wasn't really eating much at the Hufflepuff table, mostly from nerves. There were so many more people than she was used to. She was just about to get up when she heard a voice behind her. It was another first year, from Slytherin, who was introducing themselves."Yeah I'm Amy," she shook his hand."Nice to meet you Daintree." Amy was in serious need of friends, so she thought this was a good opportunity to meet other students from the other houses."I'm from Hufflepuff, as you can probably see since I'm at the Hufflepuff table." Amy cursed herself silently, starting to turn red. Really? He could probably tell that.

Last edited:
Daintree shook the girl’s hand and gave a little smile. He’d made somewhat friends with some of the other slytherins, and was certainly keen to get to know people from all the houses. A wide friends list would be ultimately helpful to him, the more friends he had the better, so he was keen to get to know her, ”Yeah, I could tell, do you mind if I sit?” the boy wanted to roll his eyes at the girl, but could tell that the girl was already embarrassed enough by her own statement that he thought it would be better to not. Instead he just sat himself down, keeping a little distance between then as he sat down, ”What’s hufflepuff even like?” the boy decided to ask, the whole house thing felt a little dumb to him, like they could really be separated by personality when he was sure they’d all have changed by the end of the year. Dain looked at her, ”Did you even want to be in this house?” the boy added, knowing that making conversations with someone was a good way to start a friendship.

"It's fine," Amy replied, gesturing to a spot near her."Well, I thought I was going to be in Ravenclaw, since I'm book smart, but Hufflepuff is nice. Everyone's friendly, but then again, most of the students are at least a little friendly." She shrugged."I don't really think it matters what house I'm in, as long as I work hard." She smiled."What's Slytherin like?"

Last edited:
Daintree listened as she explained that she had thought she’d be a ravenclaw but had ended up in Hufflepuff, ”Did you ask to be placed in Ravenclaw?” he’d heard some rumblings, all too late, that the person’s own choice had an impact on the house that they ended up in. He could perhaps see if it had gone against this girl’s wishes. He had found that the other students in his own house were nice too, though from what he’d heard Slytherin wasn’t supposed to be the “good” house. ”It’s the same, from what I’ve seen people are nice enough. It’s early days and supposedly slytherin’s not that nice, and the head of house seemed weird, but you know,”the boy replied, ”You are right though, I don’t think it matters to me either. I’m also really keen to make friends in all the houses, since we’re in the same year and limiting yourself to one house,”

Amy shrugged."I don't remember saying that I really wanted to be in Ravenclaw, but I mentioned I would prefer it. But I think the Hat knows what it's doing." She smiled."Making friends is a goal for me too, and from each house. I think if I limited myself to making friends just from Hufflepuff I would get lonely."

Last edited:
Daintree listened and nodded. He could agree that the hat knew what it was doing, since the hat had been doing it for a while and he was sure that the thing had been in his head, able to see and decide. He wondered what it would be like to be in the other houses, but he liked slytherin, for whatever that was worth. The slytherin listened as the girl agreed with him and then let a smile cross his features, ”Well, count me as your slytherin friend, if you can be my hufflepuff friend,” Dain hadn’t met that many hufflepuffs yet, he had met plenty of slytherins and a few gryffindors that he hadn’t much liked, but Dain was keen to make more friends with people in other places and really make sure that he’d always have people to talk to or people who knew his name. He extended his hand to the girl once more as a further confirmation of this new friendship.

Amy smiled back when Daintree said that he could be her Slytherin friend if she was his Hufflepuff friend."Deal!" She said, and shook his outstretched hand. She was pleased to be talking to more people, especially when they were nice. And Daintree was friendly, so she was happy when he offered to be friends.

Daintree smiled a little when Amy agreed that they were now friends. He knew it would be good for him to have friends in all of the houses and he was enjoying the fact it had been pretty easy to do so. There was very little which had made becoming friends with this girl hard, and he was pretty pleased with that. Daintree gave a little smile to her before deciding that now they were friend, might be worthwhile getting to know her properly. ”So tell me about yourself,” he asked, looking at her with a curious expression, he did want to get to know his new friend and knowing his new friend or any friend would help him keep them. He needed to ensure that he could talk easily to her.

Amy always got nervous when she opened up to people and spoke about what she liked. But it was important in a friendship to know things about them."Well, I like dancing and art. Reading and studying, sometimes, it depends on the subject. I like difficult things, because it challenges me." She couldn't really think of anything else. She wasn't the best at talking to people."What about you?" she asked.

Daintree nodded, ”I like sports and stuff,” the boy replied with a little smile, ”Do you like sports?” the boy decided to ask with a little smile, maybe if he found enough people who liked sports they could all join in a sports related thing. The slytherin wasn’t sure by what she said if that would be the case for her, she liked dancing and dancing was a sport, just not one that Dain had in mind. ”Do you have siblings? Are you from New Zealand?” he knew the questions might be a lot but he was trying to get to know her and thought these would be good questions to learn more about her.

Amy shrugged and grinned."It depends on the sport." Amy hadn't played some sports in a while, but she considered dancing to be one. She had guessed that Daintree wasn't talking about that though."I have four older siblings. They've all finished school already though. Do you have any?" She was a little bit pleased that her siblings weren't at the school anymore. It meant that she could do stuff herself."Oh, I'm from Australia." She thought for a moment."I have family that live in New Zealand, but they're don't know about magic. Where are you from?"

Dain liked the answer she gave to his question about sports. ”So, what sports do you like? Other than dancing,” The boy very deliberately made sure to mention the dancing, thinking it would help him seem good in her eyes. Make him seem like he was listening properly. The boy was a little surprised at the fact that the girl had four older siblings, that had to be a lot. He loved his brother, but even that could be a bit much. ”Four? That’s a lot. You must have a massive house to accommodate for all that,” Dain’s own house had him, his parents and his brother and was pretty huge, bigger than most but he had to think with that many people Amy’s house had to be rather big too. ”I only have the one, he’s older than me too, but he’s not magical,” the boy said with a little shrug, not being magical in his mind would’ve been better. The slytherin nodded as she explained where she was from, ”I’m from New Zealand, both of my parents are,” the boy smiled, ”I have an uncle in America and there are a few other people scattered but primarily they are all in New Zealand,”

"I used to play basketball and rugby, but that was a few years ago." Amy was shy when it came to sports. She was never sure if people would judge her for the sports she played."Yeah, it is a big house. Though it's been empty now that they've all moved out." Amy was a little jealous of the idea of having a small house. It sounded nice, and like there was a lot less to clean."It must be nice having family quiet close by. I know having family here is good, even if they don't know about magic." Amy didn't like talking about the magical side of her family, since they didn't really get along well.

Daintree nodded along as she spoke a little about the sports that she played, ”Oh cool, I played a little rugby too, but I also played a lot of hockey,” he replied in a friendly tone, ”Perhaps we could get a game of rugby going at some point,” he’d already thought about it after the club fair, but if more people were interested in it then he would be more than happy to try and organise something more. He had to write to his father about sending him a rugby ball. After all, it would be something more to do, especially because he wouldn’t be able to play quidditch yet. He didn’t think it would be that empty once other people left, he had a whole floor to himself in his house, he found it more difficult to have all of the different people constantly surrounding him. ”I miss my friends more, like it’s tricky to have to make so many new friends, but you know at least I have you now too!” the slytherin said with a little grin. He really wanted to spend more time cementing this friendship.

It was good to have someone else that was into sports."Getting a game of rugby together sounds like a great idea!" Amy did want to continue her sports, and she thought that it was a great way to meet more people. Daintree said that he missed his friends now than his family, and Amy smiled. She couldn't relate to that, since she didn't really have many friends outside of Hogwarts."At least to have me," she agreed."And at least I have you!" Amy loved having friends, and really wanted to keep as many as possible. Seven years at the school was a long time, and she didn't want to be lonely for the time she was there.

Daintree smiled at her when she seemed to agree with having a good rugby game. He should go do that. He should definitely go get his father to send him a new rugby ball. He hoped to phrase the letter in such a way that his father wouldn’t think he was enjoying this place but rather that he was bored and needed more to do. He nodded at her, they were friends now. The slytherin wouldn’t call her a close friend yet, but he would enjoy having another friend, he needed to make sure that he had plenty of friends. He needed to make enough friends so he could always spend time with someone. ”Yes you do!” the boy said, ”I think I’m going to go send a letter, do you want to join me in the owlery?” Daintree offered he would write to his father quickly and send it off the sooner the better.

Daintree offered to Amy to follow him to the owlery."Sure!" She had only been to the owlery a few times and wasnt too sure where it was exactly, since she had only stumbled across it. But it was a good way to get closer to Daintree, which she thought was a good idea. It would be nice to have some close friends, she thought."I wonder how long it will take for the game things to get here," she wondered aloud.

Daintree nodded and smiled as he got to his feet, ”Soon, I promise you Amy, it’ll be nice and soon!” the Slytherin said with a little smile. He could tell they’d be good friends. He could tell that if he worked hard enough in this friendship he would be able to really build up a good friendship with her and that was very important to him. He smiled at her as he headed out of the great hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back