Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
undefined
Wand
Bloodwood 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
There was a certain kind of calm that could only be found in the library. Maybe it was the smell of the old books. Or maybe it was the way the leaves of paper dampened the sound. Even coming up to exams there was a certain kind of peace that came with being in the library. For selene that peace was welcome. Selene had spent most of the night in the Ravenclaw common room practising charms with no hope of sleep unless sleep plagued by dreams of dark wizards. Some brought to life from her defence against the dark arts textbook into her mind. That is why she usually studied for that class in the morning. That didn’t save her from nightmares related to classes. The previous night she was Sarah Good facing the gallows.
Right now it was some time after ten in the morning and Selene was making use of her refuge in the library. She had taken a book that covered the unforgivable curses. And the rise and fall of the dark arts in preparation for her defence against the dark arts exam. She was sitting on a chair underneath one of the large windows. The sunlight falling on the page made the topic less dark. But the warmth of the sunlight on her dark hair on a cool autumn day made her slowly drift off. she drifted off until a shift in posture made the book clatter to the floor. The jolt and sound of it made her wake up with a start. Looking around as if to see what had made the sound before relising it was the book and picking it up hoping that the fall didn’t damage it.

Vi was silently observing the girl when she noticed her sitting alone. She had nothing to do after studying a few hours for these exams. Vi, usually double down the workload if she wanted to follow into her stepfather's footsteps studying for these exams were a must. She was disciplining herself from the very start of her years at Hogwarts. So far, it wasn't too hard to understand her lessons. Vi would have to thank her stepfather for taking the time to prepare her before coming to Hogwarts. Their time together helped Vi to get a little ahead, and yet, Vi wouldn't take her chances of not studying.

These exams busied her time, but the girl sitting alone started to drift off to sleep with a book cracked open. Vi found it strange that someone would be falling asleep in the library, especially with the books that Hogwarts carried. The girl must be reading one that was tamed enough to get through without magic shooting out of their pages. Vi couldn't tell which book she was reading, it had fallen and it startled the girl awake. Frowning, Vi stood up with her Transfiguration textbook pressed to her chest. Vi stopped by the girl, tilting her head sidewards.
"You probably should go to your dorm if you're feeling tired. You don't want to damage the book."

it took a second for Selene to realise who had spoken. a girl was nearby walking towards her. she recognised the girl from her classes, her year but in a different house. But couldn't recall the girl's name she knew that they hadn't spoken before. she looked at the book hoping that it wasn't damaged. it looked okay. it hadn't fallen far and most of the way it must has slid more than fallen. "I am not that tired but i think that warm sunlight will be enough to make anyone sleepy" she said which wasn't quite true but she wasn't due to sleep for a good few hours yet. "It looks like it didn't get damaged. but I did lose my place." she said. examining the book glad that the old volume had a bit of resilience to it. or maybe just some magic protecting it. "I Don't think we have met before. I am Selene" she said by way of introducing herself.

Vi didn't quite believe the girl wasn't tired, she recognizes the puffiness in the eyes when someone was tired. She recognized it well from her own mother's face when she was tired and there were signs of a new moon approaching. Or maybe it was Vi just looking way into things and be more concern about the book the girl had in her hands. There no telling if she will need the book herself for her own studies in the near future. "Good, I don't think you will want to be owing to the school for another book. They're expensive," Vi informed her, forgetting Selene may already know this information. "No, we haven't, I'm Violet." Vi sat down across the girl without being asked, a bad habit she may have picked up from Cyzarine already. And she was bored, what else was there to do? Violet needed to explore some new hobbies while she was at Hogwarts. Might as well since she'll be here for the next seven years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back