Everything will be okay.

Juliette DiSnow

OOC First Name
Ash
Once reaching the Castle Juliette wanted to give up and tell him to run ahead she has somewhere else to be, but she didn't and she wanted to see that he was going to be okay. Juliette wondered if people were going to look at them funny, it's not every day that you see two Young Students completely drenched walking through the castle... or was it and she just never noticed?
Juliette led the boy gently by the arm towards the first flight of stairs, she hid her pain but at least the smooth floor wasn't hurting her feet as much. The Witch started to climb up the stairs up to the third floor, which didn't seem like far away but boy was it a long way away right now. The Brunette brushed her semi wet hair out of her face as she lead the boy up the stairs 'Not much Longer Tybalt then you'll be good as new' she said wondering why people said 'good as new' they weren't really good as new, they were the same just with a few replacements, it's like saying a broken chair with tape around it made it just like when it was first bought just slightly altered. Juliette shook the thought out of her mind as she made it to the top of the first floor. 'Two more flights to go' she thought to herself as she started to climb again, step after step.

About half way up the second flight of stairs she realised her grip on Tybalt's arm was rather tight, she loosened her grip quickly and let go of him with on hand 'Sorry' she mumbled she felt her cheeks go a light pink from embarrassment. Juliette hoped Tybalt thought she was just being extra careful that he didn't trip and fall over, she was concerned that he might but her grip was a little too tight for that. Juliette could feel her eyes warming with tears but she blinked them back. Once they made it to the top of the second floor Juliette realised that they had left their stuff down on the lake front 'Oh Your Stuff, I hope you didn't need anything! I'll go back and get it for you while you're recovering' she said to Tybalt as they started to climb the last few stairs. Juliette didn’t know if it was just her or the floors were getting extremely difficult now, her breathing quickened and without realising it her grip was tightening on Tybalt's arm a light sweat had broken out on her forehead and her legs were getting weak like she had just climbed these steps 50 times already. The Brunette put her feet on the top floor and her knee's tried to buckle but she kept them up. 'Meadows, Land, Tree's Anything but water, don't think about water, focus on Earth' she said trying to take her mind off the lake incident and her pain.

Pushing open the doors of the Hospital wing she called out 'Excuse me?' and lead Tybalt to a bed and gestured for him to sit 'How are you doing Tybalt?' she asked, she wanted to refer to him as her Kinsman like in the book but she wasn't sure if he had read it or not, or if it was time for a joke. The Brunette heard some noises from the nurses offices and moved to sit next to Tybalt 'The Nurse is coming, Your arms going to be better, you can relax now'

The spring was quickly approaching and Dorian was fearing the annual plague that always caused him untold misery and pain. Hay fever. The grass based allergy always ruined his summers and made them a torrid time filled with runny noses and blood shot eyes. To add to this already unbearable period he had to take daily medication to keep it at bay. He had hoped it might not effect him now he was in New Zealand but that too big a risk which he did not want to take. However he did not account for his own clumsiness, which meant that he forgot to pack his prescribed medication in his trunk four weeks ago when he packed to come to Hogwarts. This was the reason he was walking through the great stone carved walls of Hogwarts trying to find the Hospital Wing so he could see if they could order some new medicine in for him to use when the dreaded time arrived.

It seemed like a normal day and the corridors were relatively quiet. Nothing struck him as odd or unusual in the comings and goings anymore. It was weird how a few weeks in a place made it feel a bit more like home. Except the god damn beds. He hated his bed. Trying not to look lost he peered his way round corner after corner hoping to find some vague indication as to where the hospital wing was. After a good ten minutes of searching in what he could swear was circles he eventually found the hospital. He was however having trouble finding a nurse and he doubted he would get very far without one.

He searched a little room hoping to find a stationed nurse but found nothing apart from a big locked wooden door and a mirror. He took a moment to look in the mirror. His dark navy jeans and black shirt looked fine, no stains or marks on them thankfully. It was a bit of a relief after walking by someone in the common room practicing with potions earlier. He had feared a bit might have got on him but gladly nothing had. Especially his converse. He loved his black converse. They made him feel tres cool. Walking in to the main wing he spotted a girl near a bed with another boy in it, or so he assumed. It was quite hard to tell from this distance. He decided it would be best to go up and ask them if they had seen any nurses. Being lost wasn't going to help him anymore so he buckled up his nerves and walked over to the strangers and hoped he wasn't disturbing them. "Hi, Ehm Im sorry if Im disturbing but have you seen the Nurse around?" It was only then he noticed how wet the girl was. They both were soaked.
"In fact are you okay? You look drenched."

In his short year upon the earth, this was the first person he had met, that had been named after the same book as him. While his own reading level wasn't at the right level for a book like that, his father had always told him the tales of Romeo and Juliet, he'd always asked why Romeo hadn't been his name if they loved the tale so much, and his father always replied with, it's too common. It made him smile, the simply fact that their names were related, and they had met under such circumstances. He gave a very small smile to her, so small it was almost unnoticeable. "Mine too. It's nice to meet you cousin" He replied simply. Finding it odd that two sets of parents would chose to name kids after the tragic characters of the play. After all, the story might be a comedy, but both the characters they were named are killed off during the play. Tybalt killed off long before Juliet. The Juliette in front of him was obviously not the same person, that much he knew. Though he was beginning to push through the memories in his mind. Nothing could stop him from continuing to disagree with her with the term hero. It was a term that he believed should never be used lightly. He didn't think he was a hero. He just thought he was someone who done something good. He didn't seem himself as a hero. She seemed to strongly disagree with his mind. But, he was still half away. His mind still with the memories from the last time he'd been near a body of water. That time, he had done nothing, it was his fault. He blamed himself everyday. Each day when he thought of how much his brother would've loved Hogwarts he blamed himself for what had happened that day. He couldn't stop it from happening, it just did. He didn't feel like a hero, not at all. "Please, I was just doing the right thing, I'm not a hero. Please, I'm anything but a hero." He said, letting his head fall slightly, as the eyes fell upon the floor. He was sure that she wouldn't listen to him, but he knew in his heart that he was not a hero. He had just done something good. For the first time, he had done something good. He'd been a little more Gryffindor than he was the rest of the time. Now, he wasn't so much. He still didn't believe he belonged in that house, but he knew that maybe the hat hadn't been so wrong. Coming out of the water, and being with the girl, he was feeling so much worse. He was supposed to be helping her. Sure, there was no way to know that he would then act in such a way. He was so afraid of large bodies of water, and this had been such a reminder that he couldn't stop them. He hadn't been able to. He was eleven, he was hardly a genius at dealing with loss, and fear.

The young Gryffindor did however feel better as they began moving away from the lake. His mind felt better, he felt a lot less afraid. Though now, he was cursing the thoughts that had made him think about how he should've left her. If she knew about those thoughts, Juliette would not have as quick to call him a hero. He had acted, because no one else had been there. Tybalt was a small boy, with terrible eye sight. It was to be expected. He looked at the girl, he was just as clumsy as she was most likely. He just wouldn't ever get that close to the water. Not ever again. As they walked, the pain in his arm began to set in. It was a very light throbbing, that seemed to be growing. He had no idea how deep any of the cuts were. He wasn't sure how bad it was. He really hoped it wasn't too bad. His da would freak when he found out. If he found out. One thing he did not as he walked, was that his footing was unsteady. The bright sunlight, and his lack of glasses made it a lot difficult for him to exactly know how to step. He could tell however that the girl was having some problems walking. He felt bad, this was more his fault than hers. If he'd acted quicker, if he'd been better, braver, more like the house he was in, then he was sure that he would've prevented her from being hurt. He wanted to stop, to help her, the Hospital wing was fairly far, and he didn't want to make her walk that distance when she was clearly pretty hurt. His bright blue eyes stayed glued to the ground as they walked. He was noticing how she walked slightly oddly, which made him feel even worse. He hadn't done enough. He hadn't been good enough to save her more quickly that he had done. He felt like a failure. But despite this, she was asking how he was. He glanced up, and became unbalanced slightly. His legs still felt like jelly, he was still shaking slightly. "Good, I guess." Tybalt muttered with a small shrug, he held back on what he was thinking. Keeping the side of him that would tell her that he didn't matter, that she was more important, quiet. The young Gryffindor didn't feel the need to say that. He didn't think she would be willing to hear it, so he didn't want to bring it up. Which was why he was glad when she spoke again. He just nodded, through slightly gritted teeth. "I know. I've got my cousin. You have to believe to though, It'll work out." A small smile, he didn't trust often, not in a sense of instant trust. He didn't fully trust this girl. He didn't really know where Juliette was leading him, but for some odd reason he trusted her enough to be willing to let her lead him to the hospital.

Drops of water fell from the pair's soaking clothes and on to the ground. He didn't think that most people would find it too odd what had happened. Surely there were numerous occasions of students walking through the school drenched. There was a lake, and it rained a lot in New Zealand. Well, just a lot more than the young boy was use to. It was a good thing that Juliette was leading Tybalt thought. He could see a lot better now they were indoors, but he was still holding back the memories. Willing for them to stay back, he didn't have the strength to go at it again. To let the memories take over. That and his arm was pretty sore. A lot more sore than it had been when he'd first grazed it against the rock. The stairs were tricky for him, he couldn't see very well, everything was blurry, and with still shaking legs, the boy was hardly in the best conditions to be going up stairs. The girl spoke again, this time he just nodded. His mind was losing the battle. He remembered the paramedics, the people fishing for his brother. The short ride back to shore, where his mama had been screaming for her baby. There had been people working on his brother. Trying desperately to save him, but it had been too late. He closed his eyes very briefly and attempted to push the memories away. Pretending in his mind to brush everything away. Now, he had more tears forming in his eyes. Every so often one falling. He hated that day. More than anything in the world. The girl who'd been holding on to him, seemed to loosen her grip slightly. He shook his head as she apologized. He looked up, Tybalt met her eyes. The monochromatic vision meaning he didn't see the pink in her cheeks, he didn't noticed the embarrassment. "It's okay. I didn't notice." Tybalt couldn't help but wonder why she was holding him so tightly. Did he really need that much help? He kept his eyes on her, he noticed something, she seemed pretty upset. What if she was just like him, just as afraid of deep water, with the same kind of reason too. Tybalt had been about to tell Juliette that it was okay, that she didn't need to be strong around him. He was the one who needed to be stronger when she spoke again. He had forgotten about his stuff. The shoes, socks and his glasses. He needed those. The shoes and the socks, those he had others of, the glasses he didn't. "Don't worry about. The only thing worth taking are my glasses, and they are pretty specific to my eyes." Tybalt just shrugged. "So not much use to anyone else." Tybalt then noticed that it was getting more difficult for her, he noticed this as her grip on him tightened.

"Juliette, we can stop, you can sit down, and I can go on? I'm all right." The boy spoke quietly, though he was anything but all right. His entire body was shaking, less than before, but now he was a little cold, and the memories from moments before weren't still completely out of his mind. However, his mind didn't give him much time to think over it, Juliette kept walking, she was determined. He respected that a lot. After what she'd gone through, to be that determined to help him, he didn't think he deserved that kind of kindness. Tybalt sighed happily as they finally entered the hospital wing. Or what he was pretty sure was the hospital wing, from what he could make out there were lots of beds, and it had the distinct smell that reminded him of the muggle hospital he'd gone to several times back home. The gryffindor took a seat on the bed she had gestured to. His legs were swinging as his feet barely touched the ground. His eyes dropped away from the girl to the floor in front of him. He put both his arms around him, hoping that she too would get some help too. To repair whatever damaged his slowness had given her. Tybalt looked up when she sat next to him, speaking again. "I'm doing a lot better thanks to you. What about you Juliette?" He smiled at her slightly. "You can too. The nurse will make sure your all good too. You went through more than I did cousin. I have a slight graze on my arm, that's all." Tybalt looked over as another person walked in, clearly not the nurse, considering the boy was much too young. Even from where Tybalt was sitting he could tell. The boy, asked if he'd seen the nurse. To which Tybalt shook his head. Then, from where Tybalt was sitting he could tell that the boy noticed how wet they were. Tybalt was pretty much soak to his skin. it was why he was still shaking. He was now shaking because he was cold. Almost all of his fear was gone. As were most of his tears. "We'll be fine." Tybalt gave the boy a weak smile, not really wanting to go into what had happened. Though Tybalt wouldn't stop Juliette from telling him, he felt it was more her story to tell anyway.

Hearing Noises echoing outside her office she quickly stood up and put on her Nurses Apron, her office was often mistaken from the other because from the door it looked like a supply cupboard but inside it was a very comfortable room she could call her office and off the back her living quarters. Vipress opened the door to see patches of blood speckled on the floor, she tisked as she followed them to two boys and a girl sitting on a bed, one of the boys was dry and the others were drenched. Vipress tisked and assessed the situation, One boy looked fine and the others were shaking and distraught. She put her hands on her hips and walked over to the group. 'Okay, I'm assessing this as who needs my assistance most so young man i'm assuming you're not as bad as these two so can you please go wait for me over by the bed at the other side of the room and i will get to you in due course' she said pointing to the dry boy as she rushed over to the two on the bed, the boy was shaking slightly and his arm was wrapped up. 'What on earth happened to you to?' she asked with a kind tone. Vipress put her hand on the boys forehead, he still had some heat so he wasn't getting hypothermic which was good, turning to face the girl she put her hand on her forehead aswell she was the same but she didn't have any noticable injuries.

Vipress stood up and put her hands on her hips 'Everything is going to be okay' she said in a soothing tone as she held her hand out to the girl 'Lets get you lying down, a girl shouldn't be that colour white at this time of year' she said kindly as she helped the girl over to a bed next to the boy before going back to the boy. 'Now, i need you to tell me your Name, age and House young man' she said as she slowly started to unwrap the makeshift bandage on his arm to see what damage has been done.

Juliette smiled when Tybalt called her cousin, she found it amusing that in the whole of hogwarts she would find someone who was named from the same book as her, Juliette had been read Romeo and Juliet by her parents when she was younger and often wondered if it was their intention to set her up for a hopeless love life by naming her Juliette. The Witch sat next to the boy on the bed and rubbed his back slightly, she didn't know why but it was comforting to some people. Tybalt continued to call her his cousin and she laughed, if somehow they were cousins she would be very surprised. 'Art Thou well?' she said in Elizabethan english, Juliette didn't know how she could joke at a time like this but it was making her feel better.

Tybalt seemed to be wanting to comfort her which she thought was extremely nice of him considering he seemed to be in alot more pain than she was. Juliette heard a voice mumble but she didn't pay much attention to the voice, she heard Tybalt say that they would be fine and she felt oddly like she could trust him. Juliette smiled at Tybalt, his words made her relax, she felt all the pain in her body slowly come to her like someone turning up the heat all the agony and emotion was coursing through her veins like a flooded river. Another voice was heard and everything seemed to blur into one her focus was slipping the next thing she knew a hand was on her forehead and she was assisted to the bed next to the one she was on, she wanted to fight back for some reason, she wanted to watch over Tybalt make sure he was okay but she was too weak to talk any more as she lay down on the bed. Juliette sat herself up right slightly 'Tybalt' she said as she looked at him 'Thank You' she said as she watched him get cared to, the Nurse was peeling off the bandage from his arm and she remembered her feet, Juliette lifted on up and looked at the bottom of it, there were line sof scratches on her left foot from trying to feel around, a few deep cuts but not many. Changing to look at her right foot she could see there was a large gash accross her sole and some read marks, she cringed and put her foot back down, Juliette hated the sight of her own blood, anyone elses she could handle but her own. Juliette lay back on the pillow and kept an eye on Tybalt. she didn't want to let go now, allthought her mind was buzzing she wanted to keep an eye on him, in the short amount of time she had known him she had become rather attached to her 'cousin' she knew he was like this because of her, if she didn't try proove she could be more than she was she never would have gotten to close to the waters edge and she would have been more careful and not have slipped.
Juliette Squeezed her eyes shut, she couldn't think that way the more she remembered why Tybalt was in that condition the more she thought about how she almost drowned, She never learnt how to swim as a little girl because to her parents it wasn't important, she tried once at one of her friends house and all she could remember was bright blue surroundings and not being able to swim up from the bottom of the pool, Luckily her friends brother was near by and pulled her out before she could get into any more trouble. Juliette remembered seeing her friend just jumping in and being able to swim and thought that if she did the same she could. Juliette opened her eyes again to keep an eye on Tybalt, he seemed about her age, she wondered what happened to him to make him so scared of water, she was scared because she almost drowned and her parents never let her learn, swimming was treated as something horrible in her family.

The Witch waited for Tybalt, he had to be okay before she gave up, he was the best thing he had to family and they wern't even related.

The young Gryffindor felt like it was an enterity that someone appeared to help them. He was flying a little blind, and he was barely coming to terms with what had happened. Well, the after effects of what had happened. He had no way of explaining why he had acted in such a fashion following it. As much as he trusted Juliette, Tybalt didn't want to go into the tradegy that had caused a huge rift in his family. The reason why, despite their southern location, he was no interested in swimming in large bodies of water where he didn't have proper footing at all times, or people surrounding him to help him. His mind was edging away. He knew that much. The memories of that fateful were becoming less clear. He was beginning to get more of a handle on the situation he was currently in. On what was really going on around him. They were in the hospital wing, he wasn't able to quite figure out what would be the best way to explain things, though his mind was truly racing. He didn't know what it would be passiable as a believable excuse. He just hoping that no one would actually ask him. He hoped that the nurse that would help him, and help her wouldn't ask what was wrong with him, why he was unable to focus on something properly. Why he had tears brimming at his eyes, though he'd not been the one who'd needed the help in the first place. He was fairly sure that no matter what he had been through wouldn't merit much attention. He didn't want them to find out what he did, and then hate him. The fundamental fear was that no matter how much he apologised and told them about how long ago it was the nurse, Juliette and the other boy would all blame him, would tell him how much of a terrible person he was, and that he wasn't worth their time. He hadn't told many people about what had happened. But in Georgia he'd lived in a small town. People had found out. People had told him it was his fault. That his brother was gone, never to come back and it was his fault. All his fault. He knew that if given the chance he would make the switch with his brother. Better than him than his brother had always been his line of thinking. Here, he didn't want to talk about those things. He was petrified of deep water, he'd helped someone that was really all he wanted to say. The nurse walked out of the nurses' office and over to them. He didn't know what she would do. He'd never actually been to a wizarding doctor, or nurse before. Tybalt had always gone to the muggle ones to not raise any form of suspicion about who they were. His family had always been careful to cover any magical tracks. They had always proved themselves to be very good at it.

The boy was slightly out of the room, he was very swiftly brought back when a new hand was placed on his forehead. The bright blue eyes looked up at the nurse in front of him. He wondered why he was being seen to first. Surely the girl was more important than him. She'd been through more. He didn't want to answer the question, but he realised he probably would have to. Tybalt kept his eyes on the woman as she assured him that things were going to be okay. The boy believed her, for the most part. He believed that things would be okay in the sense of they would return to how things were before the boy had helped Juliette. Which he was actually all right with. He didn't want to think much more over what had happened. He didn't want to ponder it much more. He really didn't. He didn't want to think about more than he already was. The young gryffindor was pretty eager to get everything over with. Which was when he noticed Juliette being lead to another bed, he felt slightly less at ease. Sure, he was happy that the nurse would be looking at her first and not him. He looked round to the bed she had been taken to. She said his name, and thanked him. He shook his head at her. "I've done nothing you need to thank me for. I only did what anyone would do." Tybalt smiled slightly at her as he spoke. Knowing she'd probably disagree, but not minding that. Tybalt knew that if anyone had been in the situation he'd been in, they would've done the same. Probably quickly, probably without slipping, or going into mental panic. She didn't have to thank him for doing something that others would've done in half the time with half problems after. Tybalt looked back down at the floor, giving a small sigh, he was sure that the nurse wouldn't take care of him first. Surely he was the least important person in the room. But, she did. She was back in front of him, asking him to answer her, and removing the bandage. He looked at the woman in front of him. He let his eyes fall down to where she was removing the bandage. He couldn't really see it that well, but from what he could tell and feel the make shift bandage was sticky, and his arm was still sore. The boy then remembered the questions asked. His name, age and house. It then occurred to him, that the nurses, and the hospital wing might just have a file on him. After all he had a very serious and rare condition, maybe they had some information on him. "Tybalt Archer, twelve," He paused, he took a breath, "and Gryffindor ma'am." Tybalt kept his eyes on the bandage and then looked up at the woman currently removing it. He looked round to Juliette, why was he being helped first?

"Ma'am, shouldn't you be helping her first? She helped me up here, she's probably more hurt than I am. I'm fine." Tybalt's thick southern American accent sounded in his words. Though it would be a little hard to believe he was fine. He was still shaking, his mind was still zoning between reality and the memories. He just didn't think he deserved to be seen to before the others in the room. He'd been told enough times that he didn't matter, and that other people were more important, that he barely understood why some people chose to help him first. "Ma'am I don't...My injuries don't matter. Help her first."

The Boy stated his name age and house and Vipress flicked her wand and a chart came zipping off the shelf into her arms, Studying the chart Vipress smiled 'Good news, I haven't treated you in the wing before, bad news, We're going to need to have a talk tomorrow, I want an accurate chart now you're here.' Vipress said with a smile.
Vipress looked at the girl when she examined her feet, she pursed her lips but continued on Tybalt, the faster he was sorted the quicker she could go to work on The Girl. Vipress peeled the shirt off gently and examined the graze, it was clean but needed a bit more there was some little rocks left in the wound and then the boy would need to rest.

Vipress pursed her lips again and brushed her long blonde hair over her shoulder and tapped her pocket 'Now normally I would ask if you are against Magical healing but for this I think you're going to benefit from it, If you have a huge problem with me healing you with magic let me know, if not I'll begin okay' she said with a smile, Vipress was skilled in both Muggle and Magical Healing and did spend a few years as a Muggle Paramedic so she was skilled in both. Vipress walked over to her cupboard and pulled out a few things she needed just to clean and heal the wound, the boy seemed to protest against being cared for first and she smiled, it was noble but he was in a deeper state of shock 'Tybalt, Once you're sorted I'll go straight to assisting your friend okay, You're suffering a bit more shock and you'll need rest, let me quickly fix you up and I'll go straight onto your Friend, Cousin?' she said not quite sure if they were related but they were calling themselves by cousin.

Vipress set up three cloths with three bottles, Putting on some plain surgical gloves vipress smiled 'This isn't going to hurt okay, This is Numbing Liquid' she said as she tipped a small amount of liquid on the cloth and gently wiped over the wound so he wouldn't feel the rest of it, 'Okay, Second is a cleaning liquid which has an antiseptic and antibiotics, it will Clean the wound and also disinfect it okay?' Vipress said in a soothing tone, she was used to talking gentely and calming, she often wondered if she had mixed veela-blood in her history because people often listened to her, or maybe it was just a nurse thing. Vipress gently applied the second liquid and ran it across the wound to clean it out, she was using a mix method of Muggle and Wizarding healing for the situation, she always wanted to make sure that the wound was clean before healing it in case Wizard magic went wrong, Vipress never got it wrong but she had seen some bad cases of it of Healers getting it wrong and bad things happening. Once the wound was cleaned Vipress patted the boys other arm 'You're Doing Well, one more which will repair the wound, This one will feel a bit odd even with the numbing okay, but everything is going to work out fine' Vipress got the third cloth and wiped it over the wound it slowly knitted itself back together she made sure it got into all of the wound so it would heal properly. Standing up Vipress gathered the bottles and towels and placed them on a metal bench beside the bed. 'Okay, You're done' she said as she grabbed a bandage from her nurses pocket and wrapped it around the arm 'The Numbing will last 3-5 hours, when it wears off you will feel like someone has punched you in the arm, that's normal the pain will only last 15 Minutes and then it will subdue, Keep this Bandage on it apart from when showering until the skin looks almost normal, You're going to stay here over night to make sure that your arm took to the antiseptic and antibiotics' Vipress smiled kindly and put a hand on the boys head 'I'm going to draw the curtain between you two, If you need to let go and cry or sleep go ahead, Everything's okay now, You're okay.' she said softly before drawing the Curtain around the boys bed.

Vipress turned to the girl 'Your turn missy, Name, Age and House'

Juliette watched the Nurse work on Tybalt, he seemed persistent that the nurse see her first but she shook her head 'Tybalt, Cousin, You need Help First, I can wait, I will Survive, it's okay' she said as she half supported herself on the bed, she was glad the Nurse treated him first, he was so lost in shock after he pulled her out of the water she just wanted to see him safe, he needed to be safe. Juliette leaned back on the pillow and waited patiently while Tybalt was getting seen to, she must have slipped into a Micro Sleep because next thing she knew the Curtains were being drawn and the Nurse was ready to attend to her, Juliette sat up and looked around for Tybalt. 'Where is Tybalt, is he okay?' she asked ignoring the Nurses Question for a moment, she saw that the curtain was drawn on Tybalts bed not hers and she sighed slightly, he had to be okay. Juliette looked at the nurse now ready to Answer her question 'Juliette DiSnow, 12 turning 13, Gryffindor' she said as she sat back, her arms not being able to hold her any more. Juliette was ready to be poked and prodded and for the pain, she just wanted to pass out.

Juliette sat up again slightly but her arms shook and she fell back on the bed 'Can you please help me walk' she said wanting to know if the nurse could fix her feet.
Juliette promised herself that she would never touch a body of water again.. unless of course it was the shower.

The bright blue eyes of the boy looked away the instant that she pulled off the make shift bandage. His free hand had held on to the the sheets of the bed, and the stinging sensation was back. He kept his hand tightly holding the sheets, a fist forming as the bad esclated, he knew that if he was at a muggle hospital, or even just with the old nurse at his last school, that he would've just had it cleaned with antiseptic that stung like no tomorrow, and a rough bandage placed around it. It was usually rough work, because there wasn't much else that could be done. It was something that had to heal on it's own. He just didn't know how the woman, this nurse would go about it. He was just a little glad for the slight pain as it did draw his mind away from the fact of what it was thinking. He had most of the control in his mind, but everything was still blurry. He found that focusing on the one point wasn't of much use. It reminded him of how the paramedic had spoken to him as they'd put a blanket around him asking if anything was okay. That time too, they hadn't listened to him. He'd pleaded desperately for them to help his brother, to bring back his brother, but it had been too late. The paramedic of the time had told him there was nothing more they could do, which he hadn't believed at first. He'd pulled away from her, to where they were with his brother. It was mere seconds that his brother had been under longer, but he could see as they made last attempts to help him that the woman had been right. He just wanted Juliette to be seen to first because he saw her as a lot more important than him. That since she'd been the one it had happened to, then she would be better off being seen first. He didn't want to be the reason that she suffered from complications. He had, in his eyes taken too long. He'd been stupid and risked her life by taking so long. And now, surely she hadn't wanted to spend the rest of the time here. He wouldn't mind if she left. He didn't want her too, but he wouldn't mind. He would understand. He didn't say anything against the woman using magical healing, he wondered if it would be quicker in healing, or if it just took more of the pain away. He didn't know, he was just keen on letting the nurse work away. He looked up at her as she spoke again, was he suffering from more shock than her? Surely that didn't make sense since he wasn't the one who'd been in the water in the first place. Who hadn't almost lost their own life. He shook his head slightly. He didn't think people even really cared if he was in more shock. In his last school, it was a simple patch up and here's the door.

"I just met her." Tybalt replied quietly, lowing his head again. He knew they were related, they were cousin in a book. Their names. He had never before met another Juliette, he had also never met another Tybalt. It wasn't a common name. And much less common than Juliette was. He knew that for sure. Tybalt glanced over at her, she was lying down. He felt a small smile on his face appear, he might've just met her, but he felt they might just be able to be friends after this. But, they had just met, which was why he didn't yet call her a friend. Not yet. Tybalt looked back at the nurse, as she explained what it was, and what she was about to do. He felt his arm go numb, and then he was left with very little feeling in that arm. This caused his hand that was tightly clutching the sheets to relax. He let go of them slightly. Allowing himself to just sit and breath normally, and just regain some of the lost calm. He looked away, letting her work away as his mind traveled. The numbing thing definitely worked better than any of the ones he'd gotten in muggle hospitals. Generally they took little time to be sure that they were working. The doctors at least. He much preferred nurses. The young boy did however now realise that he might be there for a while, and he didn't have his glasses. They were still with his shoes and soaks by the lake. He was really hoping that no one would actually take them. Not that they'd have any use for them, since they were small. Tybalt was that big at all. He seemed to zone out so much that it wasn't until the woman spoke again that he looked up at her. She was rubbing something else on his arm, that was causing the skin to start healing. Not entirely but it was definitely working quicker than the last time he'd gotten a bad cut. He nodded as she spoke. Indicating that he understood what to do, it wasn't his first bandage, while it was the first time he'd gotten wizarding treatment. He didn't however say anything, instead he followed her with the bright blue eyes as she drew the curtain. Tybalt didn't feel in the mood to start crying. He still had tears in his eyes, but he didn't want to cry. He didn't want to have to stay overnight. His mind did cast back to what he'd done for Juliette. He felt ashamed it had taken him so long to do something. It had been a repeat of with his brother. By the time Tybalt had truly realised that his brother needed more help than he did, he'd tried, but it hadn't worked. He'd been too young at the time, and not a strong swimmer.

Yet, everyday he blamed himself for what happened. Avoided water like no tomorrow just so the memories wouldn't be there. It was hard now because he couldn't have done nothing. She had needed his help and there had been no one else. The young boy brought his legs up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs, so he could them close to him. He let a few stray tears fall, before letting the bright blue eyes glance up at the ceiling. His brother would've been so much better at this. He didn't hate hospitals, but with the events of the day, he knew if he had to stay the night he probably wouldn't sleep. He hadn't slept the last time either, he wouldn't sleep now. He couldn't. He also really wanted to know if Juliette was okay. If she was doing all right considering all of it. But, he didn't dare move. He didn't want the nurse to give him into trouble, or disturb Juliette, but he kept listening. Listening closely to know when the nurse was dealing with the other person so he could go talk to Juliette, and just see how she was. Even if he had a huge fear of deep water, and had mentally shut down for a lot following helping Juliette, he still had to make sure she was okay. In his eyes, she meant so much more than he did. She was more important than he was. Tybalt wanted to be sure that she was completely okay. With this said, the boy kept his eyes facing facing where the woman had just left, though he was more on the bed than before, and just listened.

Flicking her wand another file came floating down to her 'Okay then, You're not Related, I'm still going to need to see you both tomorrow to complete your files' Vipress said, slightly confused about why they were calling each other Cousin if they weren't related.
Vipress looked at the young girl 'Everything is going to be okay' she said with a soothing tone, She didn't want to Scare the girl too much, she seemed to be half scared out of her mind and half trying to make herself seem strong. Vipress pulled the Table which contained the same bottles as the boys over to the girl’s bench and changed gloves. 'Okay, This won't hurt, I'm going to Numb your feet, then clean them and administer some antibiotics and then heal the surface wounds, It's going to be a bit tender to walk for a few days but it will pass. You will be right as rain by the end of the week okay?' she asked as she started to numb the girls feet.

Vipress rolled through the steps just like she did with the boy, soothing tones and telling her exactly what she was doing step by step. Vipress pulled out two bandages and slowly wrapped them around the girl's feet.
Once completed Vipress sat back and smiled. 'Okay, You're set, Now the numbing should last 3-5 hours and then you're going to feel some pain, it will pass in about 15 minutes, Same as what I told young Tybalt over there, Don't take the bandage off until the skin looks almost healed apart from when you're having a shower' Vipress patted the girls Knee gently 'Everything is going to be fine, I will come to talk to you both in the morning, but for the mean time. You both need rest, I will open up your two curtains so you can talk but you're both going to need some rest.' Vipress got up and wheeled the trolley away, drawing back Tybalt's curtain and closing the curtain around Juliette so they had a double room. Vipress made her way over to the boy who was waiting at the other side of the room.

Juliette heard Tybalt talking like it was a distance memory, very quiet. She could hear the nurse because she was closer to her but she was half comprehending everything around her. The nurse busied herself with Juliette's feet and she briefly heard her talking as she went along but her mind was spinning, Juliette was holding onto the bed covers as if she was about to fall off but soon everything collected itself and the Nurse was gone. She still felt numb from the world but she turned to face Tybalt.

'Tybalt?' she asked softly her long brown hair half covering her face while she was on her side 'are you okay?' she asked wanting to make sure he was fine before she asked him what exactly happened.
Juliette tried to prop herself up on a few pillows but it didn't seem to be working she didn't have the strength anymore to do anything, she felt weak and defenceless, she didn't like this feeling, she last felt like this when she was younger, how she couldn't swim to the surface no matter how hard she tried to swim up she was trapped under the water.

The Brunette giggled slightly 'We beat the Family Curse Tybalt, We didn't die' she said referring to the book they were named from, after Mercutio put a plague on both the Montague and Capulet houses.

While alone, filled with the silence of the room, the young boy felt a lot less at ease. He wanted to let his mind drift off, but with each second his mind merged the two together. He could see his brother, the way he had looked right at Tybalt in those last moments. The way his mama had looked at him in the weeks following. The way he was sure she purposely distanced herself from him around the time of the anniversary. Tybalt had been young at the time. He had not been capable of doing anything to help. Even now, it was easy to see how it would've hard for him to help his brother. He had grown since it had happened, but Tybalt was still a lot smaller than most his age. He was just a small boy who was now sitting in the hospital wing feeling the weight of what had happened on his shoulders. He would've preferred if the girl had been completely okay. If she had been completely fine. So that he wouldn't feel so bad for how badly he had done. Tybalt at least knew that this time he hadn't failed. That no one would be able to look at him with. CLear disappointment. Sure they could be annoyed that he hadn't worked quick enough, that he hadn't kept himself together after, but they were asking a lot from him. They really were. He was the kind of kid who tried to be strong almost all of the time. He had only had one bad flash back before this incident. This had just been too much for him to be able to fight it and win. After all now each time he closed his eyes the desperation from his brothers eyes shone back at him. Tybalt felt a few more tears roll down his face. He knew he was being a little over sensitive about this. That at the end of the day, no matter how bad it was for him, people wouldn't care and it wouldn't matter. He was happy he'd helped her. He was proud of himself that he'd been willing to let the memories resurface to help the girl, but no matter how proud of him self he ended up feeling, he was really unsure if it was actually worth it. Here he was in hospital wing, they were both fine, but the memories that every so often still gave him nightmares were a lot stronger. A lot clearer. And he couldn't talk about it. His family had made his brother a subject they didn't talk about, ever. Much like his own da's brother. It meant that he had no one to talk to about it. About the memories, he would probably have to tell Juliette and the nurse why he'd acted like that he didn't think it would matter to them, and he hardly wanted to bother them about something so silly. Tybalt Archer wiped his eyes with the hand of the arm that was not bandaged. He wanted to not be crying, not anymore.

The last of the few stray tears wiped away, the young Gryffindor looked up and over as the nurse undid the curtains between them. He looked over at Juliette and gave a small weak smile. He wanted to go over to her, but he wasn't sure if he was allowed off the bed. Just something about the day he'd had didn't make him desire to be alone. He wasn't the kind of person who could like being alone after all the memories that had filled his mind. That would continue to fill it the whole way through the night. Tybalt unwrapped his arms from around his knees and let his legs swing while he kept the bright blue eyes, not slightly red from tears on Juliette. He had a small idea that Indiana would freak when she found out where he'd been. He wondered how he would explain it to her. He liked Indiana, he wouldn't lie to her again, but he knew he would leave out all the bits where he'd half shut down and all the mentions of the H word he didn't like being thrown in his direction. He looked over as she said his name, then his eyes dropped to the bandage on his arm. He felt a lot better. He was zoning out less, but the memories and thoughts were still as bad. He was just getting a better handle on them. Glancing back to where the nurse had gone, Tybalt got off the bed and went over to Juliette's bed. The young Gryffindor was unsteady on his feet as he made his way over to her bed. The boy walked carefully, since without his glasses everything was out of focus just a little bit. It showed when he first reach for the chair and missed it slightly. However with more concentration He pulled over the chair that was beside the bed, made it face Juliette and then sat down. He gave her a small smile. Though he hadn't yet replied to her question. Unsure of what he should actually say, so he stayed silent. At first he thought she was maybe talking about the Archer luck, which this was a pretty good example of, he smiled at her. They had. "I'll be fine. Just need a bit of time. But you really don't need to worry about me" Tybalt stopped before he could say the words, Because I don't matter something told him they weren't words he needed to say. They were sort of implied. "What about you, Juliette? Are you okay? How are you doing with all of it? I mean you were the one..." he didn't finish the sentence. Sensing that he didn't need to. Tybalt met her eyes as he said it, then let them drop to the floor. "I guess we did cousin." Tybalt nodded, his eyes briefly looking up then back down. He took a deep breath, feeling like it had been a much narrower escape for her than for him. Considering she'd been the one slipping under. "I'm sorry I took so long to help you. I could've done better."

Tybalt came and sat next to her, she felt a lump in her throat form, no one had actually taken time to care about her as much as Tybalt had. He explained how he just needed time and to not worry about him but she couldn't help it, he was hurt because of her and he was in shock because of her, it wasn't something to be proud of. Juliette’s cool blue eyes looked up at Tybalt, she just wanted to slip away have a nightmare or two and try to return to normal life but unfortunately she knew that it was going to be hard to do that. Juliette smiled at Tybalt 'Don't worry about me Cuz, I'll be fine, This isn't the first time I've almost drowned myself for thinking I was stronger than I was, I'm just lucky someone was around to save me before I gave up on myself' she said softly, she could feel the lump in her throat growing bigger and bigger, she was holding it in but she knew her voice was starting to quaver.
Tybalt started to apologise for taking so long to help her and she used her strength to sit up 'No, Don't say that' she pleaded her voice strong again and not quavering 'You helped me, that's all that matters' she said as she brushed her semi dry hair off her shoulder, she had hardly realised that she was still damp, she didn't even notice the pair of Hospital Pyjamas on the end of her bed. Juliette put her hand on Tybalt's Shoulder 'I'm Not dead, and that’s because of you, it doesn't matter how long you took, all that matters is that I survived and I'm here to live another day.' she added with a smile, she wasn’t sure what to say to cheer Tybalt up; he seemed to be beating himself up for it.

Juliette looked at her knee's she wanted to know what happened but didn’t want to push the boundaries so she decided just to come out and say it 'Tybalt, Why are you Scared of water?' she asked curiously, her voice gentle 'You don't have to tell me if you don't want to' she added quickly making sure he didn't feel pressured, she wanted to know more about him, he was a curious person.

A part of the young gryffindor couldn't always understand why people could be nice to him. The only people before Hogwarts who had been nice to him were the ones he counted as family, and even that really only applied to the three family members he lived with. Though his younger sister couldn't really be counted as one considering that she was too young to really form a real opinion of Tybalt. He had also worked very hard so his sister could only see one side of it. See the side he wanted her too, the more confident and brave side that he could pretend he had for her. He looked up at the girl, letting the bright blue eyes glance over her, she thought she would've been able to. Now, that he was more familiar with. Tybalt was always trying to be the better version of himself. So that he wouldn't get picked on, or end up being the person no one even knew. At hogwarts he was trying plenty of things he had never imagined he'd be able to do. Flying, and all the classes. Water was just the one thing he had believed so deeply he would be able to avoid. The girl had thought she could, and he had been on hand to help her when she hadn't been able to. He heard her tone and reached to take her hand. Squeezing lightly as his mama had done when he was feeling down about something. Which not so surprisingly was actually pretty often. Tybalt didn't really believe much in himself. He tried to, but it always appeared pointless to him. No one else really believed in him, so it wouldn't matter. He was sure though that in taking her hand he was trying to show that he could be comforting to her. That she really didn't need to be strong in front of him. He'd always been told by his granda that he had to always be the strong one. That tears and upset made him weak and he wasn't allowed to be weak. It was just unfortunate that despite how hard the young Gryffindor tried he knew he was weak and he hated it about himself. "You shouldn't give up on yourself" Tybalt spoke quietly, his accent less pronounced now. He met her eyes as she sat up. He didn't want her to strain herself, the doctor, nurse lady wouldn't be happy about that. He was sure, that she wouldn't let him sit with Juliette if he was making her use her strength. He wanted to tell her to lie back down, but he gathered that she probably would ignore him. With the way she spoke, he knew she wouldn't. Tybalt let his eyes drop to the floor. He knew that it was important that she was okay, but he couldn't help but feel that he hadn't done enough. He had tried really hard, and it hadn't really been enough to avoid her needing to see the nurse.

The bright blue eyes looked at her hand on his shoulder, before he looked up. Tybalt realised then that he was still in his now slowly drying clothes. The slightly too big for him t-shirt and the dark blue jeans still pretty heavy. He was still shoe-less, and sock-less, but it didn't really factor in. He wasn't exactly cold, he wasn't shaking any more, which was definitely a good thing. Well apart from a small tremor in his hands. His mind was still replaying the memories of that day. He was just getting more control over his mind to stop them from affecting him completely. He smiled slightly in return to her. Knowing he needed to be a little less somber for her. He would have time to rethink everything that had happened. Tybalt looked up at her question. He knew she was curious, and he had reacted in such a way that he realised it was probably his fault she was curious. He met her eyes briefly, before letting go of her hand and rubbing the back of his neck. He knew he didn't need to tell her, but he thought he owed her some form of explanation as to what had happened. He had never told anyone about it. He hadn't talked about since it had happened. He was going to break the Archer code. Talk about something that he wasn't allowed to. "I don't mind, but, I've never told anyone. My family we're not allowed to talk about it, not even with each other, so you can't tell anyone." Tybalt looked up from his hands, his eyes pleading with her to never tell anyone. "My granda owns a house in Alexander City, Alabama in America. It's really close to this lake, um.." Tybalt paused, trying to remember the name of the lake. Since they hadn't been back to the lake since it had happened. "um, Lake Martin. It's a popular lake, and my family were going to celebrate my brother getting.." Again he paused, smiling slightly at the memory of them in the back of the family car, playing a long and boring game of I spy, and just having a good time. The family car at the time had been old, it was always warm in the car. His brother had been clutching the acceptance letter from hogwarts in his hands, rubbing it in Tybalt's face that he had to wait five years before he could go. Tybalt shook his head slightly, and then looked back up at Juliette. "We went sailing, and something went wrong and my brother and I fell in the water. I couldn't swim at the time, so I was sinking under. My brother hit his head or something, he was sinking faster than I was. I tried to help him, but I wasn't strong enough, and as I reached out, my da pulled me out."

Tybalt closed his eyes and looked down. He could see his brother in his mind. His brother was yelling out to him under the water. He left out a lot, like how there had been black dots on his vision, that in trying to help his brother he was staying under too long and was passing out. Tybalt had come pretty close to losing his own life. He wiped his eyes with his non-bandaged arm. He didn't really want to say the next part. Up until then, it was pretty easy. Simple. Nothing complicated or anything like it. His fear of the water was more about how scared he'd been that day. The events during and following. How ashamed he felt for not having been able to save his brother, despite being five at the time. How he couldn't swim in large bodies of water without thinking about that day. The worst day of his life. A part of him had been taken. "My brother didn't make it." Tybalt looked up at her, his eyes had some tears in them, but he wasn't crying. He blamed himself for what happened. Despite the age he'd been. Despite the fact that if he'd tried harder he would be with his brother now. "I couldn't save him, I didn't try hard enough" Tybalt had never talked about that day. he'd never told anyone that if he could switch places with his brother he would. "I couldn't let history repeat itself cousin. Your life is more important than whatever side effects I would get from going into the water" He was looking back up at her now. "Why were you there? It's dangerous if you can't swim."

Juliette felt Tybalt squeeze her hand, she had no idea why he cared about her so much but she wasn't going to stop him. Juliette smiled and listened when Tybalt explained why he was scared of water, her heart reached out to him, he seemed to have a horrible child hood because of something he couldn't prevent. Juliette wanted to hug him but she knew that might be overstepping the boundaries 'It's okay, I promise i won't tell anyone and i will make an unbreakable vow if i have to' she said with a confident smile.

The Brunette brushed her long hair out of her face, she felt privileged that Tybalt had shared his story with her. Juliette raised her eyebrows when he mentioned that he couldn't save him 'It's not that you Couldn't, its that it wasn't possible, if you could have saved him you would have, sometimes fate plays a twisted role.' she said with a confident smile. Juliette did believe in fate a little bit, it was hard not to when things stacked up against you. Tybalt said that he couldn't let history repeat itself and she was thankful 'Hero' she said softly.
Tybalt turned the questions onto her and she bit her lip 'Uhmm' she begun knowing that she owed him an answer Running her free hand through her hair she searched for the best way to explain her situation 'My Parents are always on their feet, they never stop going and that included me, once i was born i was handed to the baby sitter and she took care of me, they didn't have time to focus on me or give me swimming lessons but they did for other more lady like things like learning how to dress smart and act in public' she started looking around trying to avoid eye contact 'When i was little, I was at a Friends house at their pool and she jumped in and started paddling around, and i thought i could do anything so i tried to copy and i just sunk' she said briefly making eye contact with Tybalt 'Thankfully her Brother was supervising and he pulled me out, i just remember being under the water kicking and flailing my arms about, the water clear but bright blue due to the walls, I couldn't breath even though i tried, i tried so hard to swim up but i couldn't make the water co-operate around me, i was starting to feel cold, the lights were fading around me and all i could breath was liquid, then i was pulled out of the pool and on the warm concrete coughing up so much water like i had just drunken an entire pitcher of water' she said half staring off into the distance, the memory upset her slightly and warm salty tears slide down her cheek 'My Parents found out and practically shook their heads once they realized i was all right and told me i was stupid, i would never do great things if i kept on staying behind with the small things' Juliette quickly pulled her sleeve up and wiped her tears away.

'I want to prove that i'm not scared and that i can do great things by accomplishing the small things' she said her blue eyes misty.

Though he had never told the story before, there was an odd sense of calm that washed over him as soon as he was finished. It was odd, he hadn't ever felt like that. He never been able to talk about it, or anything like it. It was just something that happened that he had to keep inside. If anyone asked, he only had one sibling, and that sibling was a sister, much younger than him. He had no one else. And he was related to no one else. It was the simple fact of the matter. The young boy had never thought telling someone would make him feel better. He had imagined that the reason he was always told to not talk about it was because of how terrible it was and how much worse he would feel after sharing it with someone else. But, it didn't feel like that. Sure, he wouldn't tell his family that he had told someone and that he'd felt better about it. They would call him stupid and idiotic to trust someone with that kind of information. He glanced up at the girl as she spoke. He didn't really know what an unbreakable vow was, but he thought it was probably a good thing if he didn't want her telling anyone. He didn't want her talking about it at all, so that seemed like the perfect little method to ensure such a thing. Of course, as much as Tybalt would plead for her to not tell anyone, he couldn't ask to do anything drastic about it. He could only hope that a promise would be enough. He knew that his family wouldn't take lightly to what he'd done. Especially his granda who'd yelled at Tybalt the last time he'd tried to bring up his brother, so much so that Tybalt hadn't spoken for the entire week following it. He let his eyes stay on her as she spoke again. He didn't really believe in fate. He believed more that it was his own failure that caused his brother's death. That if he'd reacted faster, worked harder in those moments his brother would be with him still. "Fate or not, it's my fault I wasn't able to help him and save him. I could've tried harder." Tybalt just let his eyes drop, he didn't want her to realise how much Tybalt blamed himself for what happened. It was part of the reason he'd always been okay with never bringing it up. It was easier for everyone, if no one mentioned it. Tybalt shook his head, when she once again said hero. He still didn't believe he was one. He would always find it hard to believe such a thing. Considering how he had reacted to it. A hero would've been fine. Would've walked out the water, and helped the girl to the hospital wing rather than the other way around. He didn't feel like on, and the chances were no matter how many people found out, he would never think of himself as one.

Juliette spoke of what happened to her. He didn't think she would tell him, after all he'd been taught that he was a lesser person, so it didn't matter if he was told or not. He met her eyes, watching her as she spoke. He thought his life had been pretty easy next to her. The only things they'd really forced Tybalt to be like was careful with his condition. His life being completely absent of colour, and the amount of light there could be in certain situations lead to a very different education for the Monochromat. He nodded as she spoke. He could tell where the story was going almost, but still chose to stay silent. When she paused and was staring off into the distance he noticed she was crying. The boy reached over and once again took her hand. He squeezed it lightly, as she continued speaking again. He gave her a small smile, trying to wrap his head around what to say and so that she would feel better. He didn't know. He wasn't really that great at comforting people. He had never had to do it before. He had no idea how a person did. Tybalt noticed her wipe away tears. "Cousin, you are great. I can see it. You are brave and you are willing to face what you fear. That makes you incredible." Tybalt told her, with the most encouraging tone he could find. His mind was reminding him of all the times his brother had made him feel better. Most of which he couldn't really remember having been so young at the time, but he was thinking about what his brother would do in such a situation. "And for the record, I don't think you're stupid. Your parents are wrong about that. I just met you, and I can see that you are not stupid."

Juliette shook her head at Tybalt, he was always so down on himself, she didn’t believe it was his fault, there was nothing he could do, he could turn around and blame the parents for not trying hard enough to help him but she wasn’t going to mention that. Juliette squeezed his hand lightly 'Two wrongs don’t make a right, you can’t beat yourself up for it and expect it to get better, You’re a Hero now.' she said her voice croaky slightly, she could feel the energy draining out of her slowly like someone had attached a tube right to her energy source and slowly started to drain it out of her.
Tybalt said all nice things about her and she blushed, she didn’t think she was any of those things at all, she wanted to be a smart ass and prove to her parents that she could do something she knew she couldn’t and she ended up stuffing up, she hoped that her parents didn’t find out about her trying to swim she could never hear the end of it, she would probably receive a howler telling her how stupid she was.

Juliette smiled at Tybalt when he didn’t think she was stupid 'Try telling that to my Parents, They just see me as a big disappointment, no matter how many times I do things they say I would never be able to do.' she said disappointed in herself almost for not doing more than she could. Juliette smirked 'At least your parents haven’t carved out your life. My Parents have practically constructed a tunnel for me to go through with everything I Need to accomplish to be the daughter they want and need me to be and I keep on going at the walls with a shovel trying to carve a different path' she said, she always pictured herself stuck in a tunnel only being able to go forward, her parents though that she only needed to do certain things and never worry about other boring tasks to be the daughter they need, they need someone to run the family business which Juliette herself wasn’t even sure what it was.

Keeping her blue eyes focused on Tybalts blue eyes she giggled 'Tybalt, we have to be related, we both have Blue eyes and brown hair, Both don’t like swimming, and both have been oppressed by our parents' it wasn’t really a laughing matter but for some reason Juliette found it funny, they really were cursed children.

Tybalt had never really been open about how little he thought of himself. he was careful to hide it from his family, but considering the situation there had been no possible way for him to have hidden it from Juliette, in telling her the story of his brother had passed he had opened up about the worst moment of his life, and where he had really truly believed that he would never be good enough. The young Gyrffindor had blamed himself in so many ways for the accident, for his brother's death that a lot of the time, he just blamed himself for any situation going wrong. He believed it was what he deserved for everything he had failed to do for his brother. Tybalt had always tried hard, done more and attempted to be better, just so that he could try to erase the guilt that he felt on a daily basis. A part of him was sure that he was the one that should've died that day, not his older brother. His older brother had been better than him in his eyes. He'd been better at everything, and he'd been so much better at protecting people and being the hero, than Tybalt knew he would ever be. The girl offered little in the way of support. She was the first person to tell him it wasn't his fault. His parents had just never brought it up, and Tybalt had never mentioned how he believed it was his fault to his parents and no one had actually point blank told him it wasn't his fault. Then she called him a hero again, and unbeknownst to him, his cheeks flushed a deep red colour. He looked down, thankful that most of the memories had passed. Though he truly meant what he said about the girl. Tybalt had met a lot of really terrible people in his time. He had met people who had been truly awful to him, so he was pretty good at telling a good person in between everyone else. It was just one thing that he was a little glad to be good at, though from time to time he actually was wrong, but that was just a matter of life. He could tell tell that he wasn't wrong about her. He smiled apologetically at her. His parents while at times distant, weren't like that. They both told him about the hardships he would face, but that if he tried hard enough he could get there. And they did say every so often that they were proud at him for trying as hard as he could manage. Though he mostly believed that they didn't really mean it. Tybalt just wasn't as confident as his parents thought. And they knew about how much he'd been bullied, but all their efforts to prevent it had been futile, they had just taken to making sure that he was okay. Making sure that he didn't run away, or do anything that he might later regret.

"Your parents can't decide the path you take cousin." Tybalt had no experience in this sort of thing. He didn't know what kind of a life her parents had set up for her, but he knew that she didn't deserve that kind of decided life. Tybalt smiled at her, he squeezed her, with the bandaged arm, he reached over, and touched her shoulder in as comforting a manner as he could. Though he was very careful with how he put his hand on her shoulder. Half fearing that he would miss the shoulder. He was still without his glasses, and as well as everything being black and white, it was all a little blurry. He didn't want to make it too obvious that he was a little blind without his glasses. "You will find your own way, and you don't need to do anything to be the daughter they want. They should just feel lucky to have you." Tybalt smiled and squeezed her shoulder lightly. He knew that his parents felt lucky to have even had his brother in their life. He knew that they would rather have had him and lost him than not at all. The young boy removed his hand from her shoulder. She said that they had to be related. He shook his head at her. He didn't think they they would be related. He didn't want the Archer luck upon this girl. It was terrible, horrible luck he found. Nothing good came with having it in their life. She said they had the same eye colour, and hair colour. Tybalt smiled with her, though choosing to not actually say that he couldn't see colour. And the last fact was correct. "Juliette, be glad we are not blood related. My family, we are cursed with terrible luck." Tybalt knew it wasn't the best thing to say, but he continued anyway, "You and I don't need to be blood related to be family. The similarities between us are enough. With the hair and the eye's being the same." he stood up, his eyesight still awful, but he realised that she was pretty tired. She looked quite tired. "Why don't you scoot over on the bed? You look real tired, and my grandma used to sing to me and my brother whenever my granda had..." The boy stopped, taking a small breath and removing any little thoughts that could come with his granda and what he had done. "And no matter what, it just used to make us relax, you look like you could use a little bit of relaxing cousin." Tybalt said, already getting ready to sit down next to Juliette on the bed, he thought the least he could do was just let her relax, and maybe take a nap. It had been a long day for them both.

Juliette felt bad that she couldn't offer enough Advice for him, she never really had to help someone before, most of the time her parents would send her to see a Shrink to talk to who would belittle her and tell her that her parents were right she shouldn't try these things, Juliette put her head down, she wanted to be so much more help than she was being at the moment but she didn't know what to say, she knew in her mind that it wasn't his fault but he seemed hard pressed to be convinced otherwise. Juliette looked up at Tybalt and used the bed to lever herself up, she turned to Tybalt and put her arms around him pulling him into a hug, she felt really bad that she had put him in the situation to save her 'Tybalt, You're So Strong' she said as she pulled away and smiled, her cheeks were red again 'You were Amazing today, you saved my life and that's the most i could possibly ask for. Your Parents will be so proud of you' she said.

Juliette Shuffled over in the bed, her small frame not taking up much space anyway, she lay back down and her brown hair spread out around her Tybalt had said so many things about her parents she knew he was right 'If i don't mold into the child my parents want then i have nothing and no one, i don't have any relatives left so they would disown me and i would end up living on the streets or something, i don't have a choice and they know it' she said her face feeling warm and her eyes filling up with tears quickly, she often thought about not being the Daughter her parents wanted but all outcomes lead to her living on the streets. Tybalt sat on the edge of the bed and she lifted her hands to her chest resting them on her rib cage 'If i was Related to you i would have at least some family who cared' she mumbled to herself almost. Juliette looked at Tybalt 'I'm almost certain your family can't be cursed with bad luck, you seem to be uncursed' she said with a small giggle 'If you were cursed with bad luck you would have things falling at you and this bed would probably break as soon as you sat on it. You look pretty normal to me' she added as she slowly shut her eyes and exhaled a deep breath.

Juliette felt her muscles relax and warm tears roll down her cheeks, sadness had filled her and consumed her emotions now that they weren't talking about anything she held back her sobs but couldn't contain the tears.

There was a very small part of the boy that truly wished he could do more for his cousin. The girl seemed to want to help him feel better, but he couldn't help but think that it really should be the other way around. He was sure that he was supposed to be the one to help her and not the other way around. He didn't feel bad about what he'd done. In every situation he could think of the boy would in the end help the girl. It didn't matter what his mind was telling him about how bad of an idea it was, or how unsuited he was to such a role. he was small, he was nothing important in his mind. In actual fact, he felt like he everything but those things. He was just another boy who was small and could barely do anything. Letting the girl believe that he was so much more, and that it wasn't just that he could let something like that happen to someone he cared about wasn't right. Juliette was nice, she was strong and when Tybalt really met her eyes, he couldn't help but think that she was pretty. Tybalt however, let those thoughts sink away as she put her arms around him. His head was looking at the floor. The words she was saying, he really didn't believe them. Sure, he'd saved her life, but this was just showing how he wasn't strong at all. He had barely kept it together just after, and even now, his mind was the one winning the battle between the two. He wasn't going to be the one who did well. Who managed it. Who was the strongest person in any room. Tybalt looked up at her. He wondered if his parents would be proud, or if they'd think him silly for doing such a thing. His mama would just pretend he'd never said it, thinking of his brother, and his da would be worried about how dangerous it was for him in water he didn't know considering his eye sight. In both his parents he didn't at all sense that there would be pride. Maybe a little, but not enough. No more than the usual pride that their monochromat son wasn't that stupid. It was just the way things were for him. He was dealing with it the best he could. By being the best version of himself. The one that Juliette and the rest of his possible friends saw. "Probably" The boy smiled, trying to show that he agreed. Though he barely himself believed it. He just knew that agreeing with her was a better move than showing that he didn't. Or else they'd be going around and around in a continuous circle of attempting to get a self-conscious, low self-esteemed boy to believe in himself and that others would believe in him too.

The boy watched her shuffle over on the bed, and the young gryffindor took this as an okay to him sitting next to her. He climbed up next to her settled himself on the bed. Just as she began talking about her family. He didn't think that was right. He didn't think she would end up on the street. He would be the first to convince his parents to let her stay with them. Would they really mind, well, currently they didn't even have a home, so it was hard to tell, but he was sure that as soon as they had a place she would be able to stay with them. His little sister would love having abother girl around the house. "Cousin, if that happened, you can come live with my family. We are currently between places, but, my parents wouldn't mind. They'd love having another girl around." The boy assured her, reaching down and just lightly taking her hand, squeezing it lightly before letting it go and pulling it away. The blue eyes watched as she brought her hands to her chest. "Cousin, family or not, I care." Tybalt gave her an encouraging smile. As much as he could. He shook his head at her. His family was cursed. It had to be, that was the only way of talking about it. The only way of understanding, how so much bad had happened in his family. The fact some of them couldn't see any colour. Or how there were so many people with completely broken families. His father, whose brother died sixteen years prior. His own brother , his cousin's mother who'd left, just after she'd been born. The way his granda spent half his time treating Tybalt like he was no more than an ant. Crushing what spirit he had, and sending all manners of punches his way. What happened next, Tybalt was at a loss. The girl was suddenly crying. He looked around, hoping that someone else would be able to help him. Tell him what to do. But he knew that wouldn't happen. Instead Tybalt put his arm around her and brought her into a small hug. Bringing her close to him, as he held her. "Hey, it's okay." he muttered quietly. Not sure if words like that would even help. He wasn't sure what to say to her, to make her feel better. He didn't know what else to do. He just kept his touch light, and thought waiting it out would be better for the two of them. But, in the silence the young boy felt a little awkward. So, to conquer this, he began singing his grandma's song. A little Gaelic song his grandma had sung to him. His Gaelic wasn't fantastic, it was rusty in most places. His singing voice wasn't awful either, the boy could hold a tune. The combination of the two fitting pretty well. It had a very calming sort of tune to it. And it was always the way his brother had worked hard to make him feel better. Letting the tears tire themselves out, and provide comfort in the song. Instead of pressuring into talking.

The Song

Users who are viewing this thread

Back