Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
It was early afternoon, the warmest part of the day, but the cold was seeping through to Lyra Potter's bones as she entered the Cade mansion. Ezra had long since taught her how to break through the protection spells that warded the mansion so that she could come and go as she pleased. Not that she spent much time in America. Lyra's career kept her in New Zealand the majority of the week, and most of the remainder of her time was spent traveling. However, she had the next three days off. So, Lyra packed a bag and headed for America.

The house seemed empty, and Lyra wondered if Ezra was home. She hadn't told him she was coming, but Ezra knew she just liked to show up. He didn't push her. Not since he told Lyra he loved her. Ezra accepted her for who she was and it was the thing she loved most about him. Lyra dropped her bag by the front door, slipping off her shoes so she would track the snow into the house. She started pulling off her layers, hanging her coat, scarf, and hat in the cloakroom by the stairs. The former Gryffindor moved silently through the house, going to the liquor cabinet in the sitting room. She poured a glass of whiskey and grabbed a book off the shelf before sitting down in the lounge chair to read and wait on Ezra.

Ezra had spent the morning in boring and tedious meetings with the Cade foundation, The board was truly full boring old men and Ezra was growing tired of it all. After finally freeing himself Ezra apparated away from the city center and appeared at the beginning of the walk up to the Cade mansion. It was a long walk up from the gate to the main house but Ezra enjoyed the chill in the air and the crunch of the snow beneath his feet. After the morning of listening to raised angry voices he appreciated the calm the walk allowed him.

It was always a strange feeling coming home to an empty house, especially such a big house but when Ezra pushed open the door and stepped into the house he felt a warmth he wasn't accustomed to feeling. The fire had been lit in the main living room. Only one person had access to the house and would actually drop by unannounced, the thought of her in his house made him smile. The sight of Lyra Potter curled up on her usual lounge chair was a welcoming sight and erased all the ill feeling he had accumulated during the morning. "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes," He said loosening his tie and dropping his coat over the arm of the nearest chair.

Lyra's green eyes looked up from her book as she heard a familiar voice, and a smile spread over her face as her eyes met his. She could count on Ezra to always be glad to see her, so she often showed up unannounced, and he never minded. "Well, I have a few days off, so I thought I would come spend them with you." she said, setting down her book on the table next to her and picking up the empty glass. "As long as that's okay with you." she added as she stood up.

Lyra moved to the liquor cabinet in the room, refilling her glass as well as pouring a new one for Ezra. She moved around the room with familiarity and ease. She was comfortable here at Ezra's house, and it was obvious to anyone with eyes that Lyra felt like she could breath here. The house was isolated and secluded which made Lyra feel safe and protected. The former Gryffindor smirked at Ezra as she handed him his glass with a kiss on his cheek. After all, she knew what he liked. "Rough day, Ez?" she asked, noticing the tension in his shoulders.

The words Lyra spoke were like music to his ears, he knew he could quite easily clear his schedule for the next few days, there was nothing essential that needed his attention so he could give Lyra his undivided attention. "I'd like nothing more," He said simply as he took the glass of whiskey that Lyra offered to him and briefly closed his eyes as she planted a kiss. Their relationship, or whatever they had, had a tenderness that Ezra would never have anticipated the night they met in that bar. Though he also never expected them to still be seeing each other years later, even if they were still open to seeing other people, an option Ezra hadn't taken up. "I wouldn't say rough, dealing with suppliers for Borgin and Burkes is rough, those guys are sketchy, I've been dealing with the foundation board all day and they are just the dullest people I've ever met in my life,"

The blonde smirked slightly as Ezra said he'd enjoy nothing more. It was exactly what she wanted to hear. When she had met Ezra over two years ago, she had been broken and lost from losing her mother and breaking up with Felix. She had never thought this would last, and she hadn't wanted it to turn into anything more than a casual fling. Now, Lyra actually missed Ezra when she wasn't with him, and she almost never went more than a week without seeing him. Lyra pulled Ezra down on the sofa with her while she listened about his day. "I do hope you are careful with those suppliers, Ezra. I know that shop has some questionable things in it." Lyra said, a note of seriousness in her voice. "But, I'm here now. I'm sure I can think of a way to make your night more...exciting." she said with a smirk.

Ezra wouldn't say it, but he could get used to coming home to Lyra, but he knew such a sentiment could freak her out. As good as their relationship was it was in some sense fragile, if Ezra pushed too much, wanted too much from her, he knew he could send her running for the hills and that was the last thing he wanted. Ezra smiled when she told him she hoped he was careful with the Borgin and Burke's suppliers. He knew a lot of the people he worked with were, at best, dodgy, at worst they would kill him over one cross word. "I can handle myself, but I like that you worry about me," He smirked. Lyra's concern was touching but surprising to hear her vocalise it. "I know you're being serious when you use my full name," Lyra had gotten into the habit of calling him Ez, it was unusual for anyone to shorten what was an already short name but coming from her he had come to like it. Suddenly her tone changed to something more playful and the whole mood changed. "Oh I'm sure you have ways of entertaining me,"

Lyra touched his face, gently as he promised to be careful. It was something of a recent development for her to realize that she loved him. To what extent, she wasn’t ready to admit to herself or anyone else, but she found Ezra occupying her thoughts more and more. Of course, there was a part of her that still longed for Felix especially after that night last week, and always would want Felix, but Ezra drowned out those thoughts. Lyra laughed as she pulled him down next to her so that she could slide over into his lap. “Do you remember when we first met? I’d have sworn this wouldn’t last” she said, a playful look in her green eyes. “But here we are, more than two years later...” she said, kissing him lightly on the jaw, teasing him.

Ezra closed his eyes as he felt Lyra's hand on his face. It wasn't just Lyra's touch that felt good it was the care and concern that came with it. No one had genuinely worried about him since his mother had died. It was something he hadn't realised he was missing in his life. Ezra laughed when Lyra brought up the night they met, how she didn't expect it to last. "I was just looking for a one night stand but I didn't want to let you go," He said quietly, their one night thing turned more into a weekend hide away and they had continued their thing on a semi regular basis ever since. "Any regrets?" Ezra asked curiously.

Lyra blushed slightly at Ezra's quiet words. She knew he would never use that tone, or be as vulnerable, with anyone else. The way he looked at Lyra, the way he spoke to Lyra, the way he touched Lyra, all of that was reserved for her and only her. When Ezra asked her if she had any regrets, the brunette didn't immediately answer. She bit her lower lip as she considered his question. Truthfully, none of this was her plan. She never wanted anyone to depend on her or expect her to stick around. Ezra knew that, and he accepted her the way she was. Broken pieces and every thing. "Regrets? Yes, but loving you isn't one of them." she told him with a soft smile. "What about you? Do you have any regrets?" she asked.

Ezra smiled, he knew what just admitting she loved him in the way she had was hard for her. He had come to know how she felt about him, it was rare for her to say it and he was okay with that. Ezra was comfortable with the relationship he had with Lyra even if it wasn't entirely what he wanted from her. He knew what he needed, he loved Lyra and Lyra loved him. Everything else was irrelevant. "No regrets, falling in love with you was the best thing I've ever done,"

Lyra finished off her drink and put the empty glass down on the coffee table. Ezra's sincerity in his words was touching, and she didn't doubt that he meant what he said. She knew about Ezra's past and the things that he had done--the way he treated people, but he had never been that person with her. Lyra leaned in and lightly brushed her lips against his before pulling away. She took a deep breath before speaking to him. What she wanted to say wasn't easy for her. "Ez...Ezra...I think I'm ready to let you call me your girlfriend." she said, feeling nervous.

Ezra was mid sip when Lyra said the words he'd been hoping to hear for a long time. He'd almost given up any hope she'd want to be exclusive and he'd resigned himself to their fact that their relationship would remain casual. "Are you sure?" Ezra asked. He knew it wasn't something Lyra would have said lightly but he had to be sure it was what she wanted. "I'd like that,"

Though he tried to hide it, Lyra could tell her words had caught him off guard. She had imagined that he would be happier about her decision than he seemed to be. The blonde nodded her head at his question. "Yes, I'm sure. I've thought a lot about it. I still don't want to get married ever or anything so serious, but I like having you around." she said, revealing much more about her feelings than she usually would. Lyra tried so hard to keep anyone from getting too attached to her, but it was a lonely existence living that way. Ezra was stronger than Felix, and she didn't think he would be as easy to break.

"That's...fine," Ezra said swallowing hard. He smiled when she told him that she liked having him around, the feeling was more than mutual. Ezra hadn't been with anyone else since his thing with Lyra started, he'd never wanted to know if the same was true of Lyra, it didn't matter either way but he still didn't want to know. "I like having you around too," Ezra kissed Lyra's forehead. "I love you, all I want is to make you happy,"

Lyra smiled as he accepted her terms. She had a feeling it was difficult for him even though he never said anything against their arrangement after she came back to him after his mom died. Lyra knew that he was what she needed in her life right now, and she was willing to give him some commitment despite the fact that it wasn’t as much commitment as he wanted. The blonde smiled as he placed a tender kiss on her forehead. “You do make me happy.” she said, sliding over so that she was practically curled up in his lap. “I love you too, Ezra Cade.” Lyra told him softly, understanding how rare it was for her to say those words aloud.

Ezra had done his best to keep his enthusiasm down but it was the happiest he had felt in years...maybe even ever, but part of him worried if Lyra knew just how happy she had made him it would scare her off and she would bolt. He smiled when she told him that she loved him, Lyra didn't say it often so when she did it was even more special. "I'll never be able to put into words how happy you make me," Ezra said putting his arms around her and holding her tight. "But maybe I can show you," He added mischievously and pulled his lips to hers. They had had a moment when it seemed like this had been the direction their day was heading in, there was no reason it still couldn't end up in the bedroom.

Ezra Cade would never be able to replace the Felix sized hole in Lyra's heart, but she had found that the hole became much easier to deal with and ignore when she had Ezra. He was a part of her heart now too, and she would be lost without him. It made her happy to see how happy she made him. She grinned as he pulled her in tight. She sighed in contentment. She kissed him back deeply. "You know I like it when you show me, but I have one more thing to ask you." she said once they broke apart. "Ez, I'm buying a new house, and well, I want you to move in with me." she said, knowing she was dropping a lot on him in one day.

Lyra seemed to be full of surprises that day. She had gone from wanting to make things official between them to wanting them to move in together, a progression that didn't usually take minutes. Ezra had been thinking for some time about his future living arrangements. His brother was starting a family, the family mansion was better suited to that, it would be good for children to run through the halls again. This would give Ezra the excuse he needed to give the house over and he'd have somewhere to go. "I'd love to," He said as he moved to run his fingers through Lyra's hair.

Lyra knew her behavior probably seemed off to Ezra, but he wasn’t questioning it. Her recent hook up with Felix and the fallout with Falon has pushed her into wanting more with Ezra. Maybe committing so completely to the man in front of her would keep her away from Felix and Felix away from her. Besides, she loved Ezra and he had been very patient with her over the last 2 years. He deserved more than she had given him. She smiled happily as he agreed to move in. “I think this calls for a celebration.” Lyra said with a smirk on her lips before pulling him into a kiss.

In the space of a few moments Ezra had been given everything he'd wanted from Lyra since they met. He had her, truly and completely. He didn't know what had brought on such a change of heart and in time he would want to know but for the time being he didn't want to jinx anything by asking too many questions. It was like Lyra said, it was time to celebrate. "I like the way you think," He smirked after separating from their kiss. Ezra pulled Lyra to her feet and took her by the hand to lead her upstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back