Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
El
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
With the weather as pleasant as ever Isaiah had decided to head outside, get some fresh air inside his lungs. He wasn't just going to wander around though. No, he wanted to do something. Something fun. Knowing the sun would've brought plenty of students outside he had taken his frisbee and ever-bashing boomerand outside, acting as if he was planning on throwing the latter while actually looking for a victim to hand it to.

Felix was still feeling guilty about loosing Clive in the common room. His frog was back and safe in his terrarium but he wanted to make it up to the little guy so he decided to take him on a trip to the lake. He sat the enclosure on the edge of the water so the frog could get a good view when he noticed an older boy. "Woah, what's that?" he asked.

Isaiah tried not to grin when a younger kid walked up to him. "It's a boomerang, I've been trying to master it." He said casually before holding the ever-bashing boomerang out to him. "Wanna give it a go?"

Felix eyes stayed fixed on the boomerang as the other boy held it out to him. "Are you sure?" he asked tentatively as he took it gently. He waved it around to get a sense of the weight of it. "How do you throw it?" he asked as he pretended to throw it a few times, making sound effects with his mouth for each one.

Isaiah nodded at the kid's question, almost feeling bad about pranking him. But who was he kidding, it would be funny. "Don't know, I guess you just throw it, like, sideways or something?"

Felix looked at the boomerang and was sure there was probably more to it that just...throwing it. But he didn't see the harm in just trying. He brought back his arm and threw the boomerang as hard as he could and was impressed by how far it went. Until he lost track of it and suddenly he felt it crash into the back of his head. "Ouch!" he whined and rubbed the back of his head.

Isaiah looked as the boy threw the boomerang, almost feeling bad for using the prank item on him. "Woa, dude, you okay?" He asked, acting completely oblivious as he watched the boomerang fly away again while he knew fully well it would come right back. "Where did it go though?"

Felix rubbed the back of his head and looked sheepishly at the older boy. He appreciated the concern but felt equally embarrassed by the whole thing. "Yeah. I'm ok. Didn't it just fall down?" he asked confused and looked all around to see where the boomerang went. Only to notice it a moment later coming for his head again. "Woah!" he shouted and ducked down before it could run into him again.

"Nah, dude, I don't see it." Zay shrugged in response, looking at the ground around the boy when he knew that wasn't where the boomerang was at. He was to late to react when the kid ducked though, causing the boomerang to smack into his shoulder instead. Not too keen on having it target him instead he flaunted an arm in an attempt to catch it, but failed. "Crap."

Felix wasn't sure what was going on anymore but was starting to think that it was out to get him. He winced when the older boy got hit in the head after he ducked, and watched as he failed to grab it before it soared off again. "Is it cursed or something?!" he asked frantically when it started to come back toward him.

Isaiah ducked when the boomerang swung back in their direction again, unable not to snort at the boy's question. "Nah dude, it's just a prank boomerang." He laughed, realizing he had messed up now that it had hit him as well but still thinking the situation was pretty funny. "I reckon we just need to catch it." Zay said, trying to avoid the boomerang as it kept coming back their way. "I'm good at hitting stuff though, catching.. not so much."

Felix was relived when the older boy said the boomerang wasn't cursed but a moment later all the pieces clicked together and he realized what had happened. "Hey man! Not cool." he whined, not appreciating the fact he had been set up from the start. "How are we supposed to do that?" he asked desperately. "With a spell or something?"

Isaiah grinned sheepishly when the other boy didn't seem to appreciate his prank. He thought it was pretty funny, even if he wasn't too keen on the boomerang heading for his own head. "Ah c'mon dude, the idea was good." He laughed, before shrugging at the kid's next question. "Dunno, just like put our hands up when it comes back this way and try to catch it I guess. I wouldn't really know any spell that could help. Or maybe I could just go and find someone who plays keeper.. or seeker even."

Felix just rolled his eyes as the older boy laughed. As far as pranks it was pretty harmless, and he would know. Growing up with his dad, pranks were an everyday occurrence. He listened as the other boy shrugged off his question and explained what their options were. "I play seeker." he said meekly. "But I just started!" he added quickly.

Isaiah threw his hands up into the air when the boy mentioned he was a seeker. "Great! So just.. do your thing." He nodded confidently, definitely pushing the responsibility of getting the boomerang to stop onto the other kid. "If anything this should be easier, right? I mean it's literally coming right at you. No searching necessary. Only catching."

Felix looked around frantically for the boomerang when he realized in his panic he lost sight of it. "It is bigger than a snitch." he admitted before he turned to the other boy. "But I'm usually the one chasing it and it's not usually coming towards my head!" he complained. He let out a yelp as he saw it coming and closed his eyes as he reached out his hand to grab it. Unsurprisingly that tactic didn't work and ended with him hissing in pain as it ran into his fingers.

Isaiah gave a small nod of acceptance when the boy mentioned the boomerang was bigger than a snitch. Didn't that just mean it would be easier to catch? A thought he didn't voice since he didn't want to discourage the other boy. "Y'know I though prank items were supposed to be fun but this one is really backfiring." He groaned, reaching out his hand in an attempt to catch the thing when it came circling back again. For a second his finger grazed it but the boomerang was gone again before he could even try to wrap his fingers around it.

Felix rolled his eyes at the other boy. "In my experience, that's usually the case about half the time." he grumbled yet kept his eye on the boomerang this time. His house was a hot spot for pranks and his dad was always the one to try out any product he could find. No one was ever hurt but there were clearly ones that were better than others. He took a deep breath as the boomerang flew right at his head. At the last second he ducked and reached up his hand just in time to catch it. "Ow!" he shouted. "I did it!"

Isaiah shrugged when the boy didn't seem to keen on prank items of any kind. "Got much experience then?" He questioned, wondering if maybe he wasn't much of a pranker. Or maybe he had older siblings and was surrendered to always being the one getting pranked. "No way!" Zay grinned when the kid had managed to catch the boomerang. "Solid effort, dude." He nodded approvingly before casually holding out his hand in the hopes the boy would hand his boomerang back over. "I reckon I won't be taking that out of my trunk anytime soon."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back