Eventually everyone must slow down (for a little while)

Briar Rowan-Cullen

Strength in diversity

OOC First Name
Mia
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dederick
Wand
Briars rowan, 15", with centaur (aspens) tail hair and my werewolf fur
Briar was enjoying this semester much more that last semester. the holiday had certainly enabled her calm down. she had enjoyed getting ay from the castle after not leaving it for more than a couple of nights in five years. she had gone and stayed with her best friend whose family had adopted her. she didn't know how to thank the margeras for that. the break had also caused her to relax a little about the up coming OWL's last semester she had let them get her down and anxious. now she had work out what to do and she was thankful for that. also the quidditch match was over she there wouldn't be such intense training which she was also thankful for. although she loved her time in the sky and she wanted to play quidditch as a professional, there had been too much pilling up on top of her with work, study and prefect duties, as well as taking some time for herself and friends. this afternoon the gryffindor prefect just needed to stop for a while, and catch her breath (metaphorically) she didn't want to stay in the house as she knew that someone would be coming up to her asking her do do something, or what not. so she headed to the student lounge. with her she took her bag, containing her usual supply of fruit and useful plants, it was something she had been told to keep with her all through childhood, and the habit was proving to be particularly difficulty kick. she was also carrying a book she had gotten out of the library, she wasn't a very good reader and that was why this book mainly contained pictures. it was on her favourite subject care of magical creatures. she sat down and took a mango out of her bag. expertly she pealed and ate it slowly savouring the taste of the sweet fruit.

The new semester had arrived and it was gladly welcomed by Minoas. His dreadful detention was long gone now and he had a total blast during his holidays with his family. Now there was a brand new beginning. New lessons and challenges were awaiting for him but there was no new him. He was remaining the same, highly curious Gryffindor, seeking for anything new that could possible quench his thirst for adventure. However, even a boy like him, had to settle down now and then, to take care of his responsibilities as a first year student.

He would have much rather preferred to be wandering around Hogwarts grounds but he had managed to convince his unsettling self to stay in the common room and finish his homework. As darkness was falling outside the castle's windows, more and more students were gathering inside the common room, making impossible the task of concentrating. Laughs and loud conversations were becoming unbearable and Minoas decided to leave the common room for somewhere quiter. With his backpack full on his back and a pile of old, thick books in his arms, he exitted carefully the common room with a peach stuck in his mouth. He first thought of the library but it was extremely quite, to the point that it could make him fell asleep. He then remembered of the student lounge on the fourth floor and it seemed like the ideal place. He headed towards there hoping not to be busted like that, loaded and with a peach in his mouth.

He entered inside the lounge. The pile of books unabled him from spotting the person that was already there but as soon as he dropped it on a desk, he realized that Briar was there already.
He tried to greet her but he managed to leave only a muffled sound. He took a bite from the peach, to free his lips. "Hey there! I must say that this could be the last place that I was expecting to see you." he admitted as he was munching. The truth was that he was used to meet Briar somwhere around nature, not confined in a room studying.
"Loads of homework?" he asked as he was having a seat, unpacking from his backpack a handful of parchments along with an ink bottle and his quill.

Briar looked up as she heard a muffled voice behind her. she saw that it was minoas eating a peach. "Hey minoas, did you have a good holiday?" she asked before he could speak. when he said that it was the last place she would be expected to be. she laughed. "well i am more likely to be here than in the library, but i guess i am unusually close" she said. she usually liked boing outside, but she had work, fifth year was not fun, she only hoped that next year would ease off a little before the pain of the NEWTS. "lots of homework, but for sure. owls are no fun. how are you enjoying your new subjects this term," she said. not sure what subjects he was taking. she put her book down "I wasn't studying though, i needed a break. thats why i cam here where no one would expect to find me." she said. smiling.
OOCOut of Character:
sorry it is a little lame

"You bet! They were great! Careless time spend with family, homemade food and presents but now...back to knowledge." he said somewhat sarcastic while he was pointing at a thick history of magic textbook, in front of him. He had took it from the library and it was quite heavy and old as well. A cloud of dust hovered in the air as he opened it. He nodded to agree that indeed was a strange place for Briar to be, while he was leaving a cough because of the dust.
"Those O.W.Ls sounds like a real pain. Patience and good luck to you." he said sincerely as he was turning pages, searching for something specific. "Well some of them yes. I love transfiguration but I can't say the same for history of magic." he said, his face from flashing turned into a grim expression as he was referring first to transfiguration and then to history of magic. "I have homework on salem witches. So many things that I have to memorize." he continued about the history of magic. You could tell that he disliked that subject. There was no way to be a practical part in it. With the first opportunity, he was going to drop it.

"Sorry if you wanted to concentrate and stay alone but the common room is buzzing and the library is only good for a nap." he said knowing that the gryffindor prefect might wanted some peaceful moments.
"Ah that's great. How was your time in Australia?" he asked excited when she said that she needed a break. He was always looking for a reason to abstain from his homework.

"I am glad that you enjoyed your holidays. but there is really no point asking me about that" sh said looking down at the book Minoas was pointing too. she knew that it was the history of magic book. and she hated that subject, it was just words to her. names, and dates. nothing that held her interest, and words were not her thing anyway. as he opened the book a cloud of dust erupted and she coughed. "thank you for the luck, I think i will need it, especially for history of magic, i hate that subject." she said. she much preferred practical subjects, like charms, herbology and care of magical creatures. she had always been taught to do things practically, not by a load of words on paper, what was the use of that. especially hen she had trouble reading and writing. "no i didn't want to concentrate, just unwind, but i find the common room is too busy, and there is always something i should be doing, whether it be working, or trying to calm down hyperactive first years who are annoying the newt students, or cover someone else on patrolling the castle. "I really enjoyed Australia, It is so wild and open, i spent a week with madlyns' family and then I went bush for a week. which was great for unwinding. going where i wanted when i wanted, food on a campfire and nights under the stars." she said before getting too carried away. "hence kind of the new look." she said gesturing to her hair. it had grown a little lighter red due to the sin bleaching it, but more noticeably it was no longer a messy do, it had managed to snake its way into dreadlocks. it was much better like that, easier to look after and less likely to blow into her eyes when she whilst she was on her broom.

Minoas didn't really have high expectations from Briar, to assist him on his homework. He could guess that if Briar was going to hate at least one subject, that would be surely history of magic.
"Same here! If I ignore that time that we traveled by means of a portkey to United States and visited that museum, the rest of the lessons were really boring. Why should I care what had happened in Salem anyway?" he wondered, knowing that Briar would agree with him.
After a lot of searching through old, fragile pages he managed to spot the word Salem. He counted down how long that chapter was. When he realised that it was around thirty or so he sighed.
"I'm giving up. Better get a Troll rather than have to memorize all that." he complained as he leaned back to his chair, taking another bite from his peach. "I have some more in my bag, would you like one?" he offered while he was teetering on his chair back and forth, testing its endurance.

"Exactly my thoughts. I'm wondering if they have done the homework though to have the free time to cause chaos in the common room." he wondered, hoping for any chance of having a peek on the fellow classmates' essays. He also tried to sound more mature. Briar was fifteen or sixteen and he had just turned twelve. He was wondering sometimes whether his childish manners were annoying Briar, everytime it happened to hang around with her. "Personally, I don't really like the library too. Not for my revision time at least." he clarified as he always wanted to sneak into the library when it was empty, to pay a visit to the restricted section.

He was happy to hear that Briar had a great time in Australia. That might have boosted her mood and enhance her performance dring the last Quidditch match. "I would also have to say that you were great at the last match. Some really nice moves. I can say that you were the most memorable player from the GryffinPuff's team." he complimented her for giving her best. It was just then when she mentioned it that he realised the change on Briar's hair. "Well you must be really into it to change your hair for Quidditch." he pointed out.

briar completely agreed with Minoas about history of magic. "I know right they happened over three hundred years ago, so what does it matter to us anyway" she said. she didn't get how history especially history that old could impact them. "as long as you sort of get the gist of what went on you should get by. and know the years it occurred. the rest of it you can just make up and you should be able to get by, in other words just read the chapter summery at the end of the chapter and that will tell you all that you need to know" she said. that had always been her unintentional plan for a history of magic. but she had generally managed to somehow scrape an acceptable. when the boy took a peach out of his bag she smiled, she was obviously not the only one who carried fruit around with them all day. "yes please, I haven't had a peach in a while, apples are easier to eat i find, and they don't bruise as easily" she said. but they never compared to the sweetness of the peach juice and the sticky feeling of it running down your chin. "Its unlikely that they have all done all of their work, some of them probably have, but i would think that most of them would be nowhere near starting it" she said smiling.
when the topic returned to quidditch she became more alert. talking about work bored her, especially as she thought about work enough, but quidditch that was a different matter. "thank you. Damian wasn't very happy with us after the game finished as supposedly we didn't work well enough as a team. We won didn't we, I know the rest of the team was a bit lax, i felt like it was just me and Danni there at times." she said. she didn't know where all of the other chasers had gone. but she was glad that their team had caught the snitch. "I said i would practice with you didn't I? how does he sunday after next sound?" she said knowing that the boy would be pretty exited for the next two weeks. with the mention of her hair she smiled "I didn't do it for quidditch, i did it because i find watching and brushing it all the time pointless, and time waisting. the quidditch thing was just a happy coincidence."

He was relieved and happy to find that he wasn't the only one that was thinking that way about the particular subject. "Well, my father says that people learn from the mistakes done down the history. I can't see what I could learn from Salem's story though. Never act hysterically in front of muggles or they will burn me alive?" he asked sarcastically. "At least Greek history of magic is a bit more interesting. It's also somewhat known to muggles as mythology, though they ignore some huge chunks of truth." he said with a sigh.

He listened to Briar's method of learning history of magic. It sounded pretty reasonable but Minoas was feeling quite vulnerable when he knew that he couldn't remember at least a date. "You are right. In that way there is something left in your memory. They way I'm studying this subject, there is nothing to remember after the exams when I stop to revise it." he admitted as he was finding out that his method of learning was pretty tiring and ineffective.

As he was finishing his peach, leaving only the kernel, he reached for his backpack, from which he drew a rectangular tupper. He opened it to reveal three juicy wet peaches in it. Here!" he threw to her two of them and he took the other one before he shoved the empty tupper in his backpack. "I have washed them that's why they are not dry." he explained and took a bite from his. "It's from my grandfather's fields. He sent us loads of fruits and vegetables along with his fine wine." he said while he was enjoying the sweet flavour of his peach.

As Briar was talking about her Quidditch experience, Minoas was listening her completely absorbed like he was experiencing the whole match from Briar's visual angle. He was so absorbed that he was eating the fruit mechanically and greedily that he took a deeper bite only for his teeth to hit the hard kernel.
"I think that if the rest of the chasers were more active you would had aced the match." he said with a sort of grimace as he was trying with his tongue to make sure that his teeth were still intact.

He was happy to find out that Briar hadn't forgot her promise and the first year beamed a huge smile.
"Sounds fabulous!" he exclaimed, ready to jump on his chair and start celebrating. He compressed his indescribable happiness and remained seated. He wanted to impress Briar but at the same time learn as much as she could possible teach him.

While Briar was explaining the reasons why she decided to change her hair style, Minoas looked upward to his side swept banks. The truth was that he was thinking of having his hair cut. As the weather was getting hotter, his banks were really unbearable especially when his forehead was sweaty. "Have you done it yourself or someone else?" he asked her about her hair.

OOCOut of Character:
thease posts are getting too long for me, we seem to keep adding threads of conversation and not getting rid of any. I am going to try and thin it down

Briar nodded Minoas' farther seemed like a pretty wise man. "Maybe, you had better watch out, but i have heard that muggles are a lot more civilised nowadays" she said not adding any more to the matter. when he said what she had meant about the work she nodded, he seemed to have understood her pretty well. He may have even get what she was saying better than her herself which wasn't surprising. when he reached into his bag and brought out a box she smiled. she hadn't thought of butting soft fruit in a box to stop it bruising, usually she left it loose in her bag and it ended up all squashed and bruised, apricot juice was hard to remove from paper, even by magic. she took a bight and felt the juice run down her chin. it tasted delicious and reminded her of when she was little and she used to climb trees to get the fruit off the top where no one else could reach. "those are really nice peaches. your grandfather is a very good fruit grower" she said not quite sure what a fruit grower was called.
"I am glad that it is a good time for you. now i just have to remember how to learn the moves" she said, to her the moves had become second nature to her. her mind went through a list of her favourite moves, obviously the barrel roll, during the last match she had spent almost as much time upside down as the right way up, then there was the over the shoulder throw, that was always useful to confuse the opponents.
she pulled one of the ropes of hear over her shoulder. and shrugged "I don't really know it just sort of happened" she said, it hadn't been a conscious choice nature had just chosen for her.

Minoas liked the comment that Briar made for muggles and chuckled. He never had the opportunity before to interact with a muggle before but he knew that they weren't so much different from wizards and witches.
"You are right. We had to travel to a museum in U.S. via a portkey, for history of magic lesson. They looked quite similar to us and they had their own magic too." he said, remembering those touch monitors used for quizzes and interactions.

"Thank you. My grandfather loves gardening. It's a way to get rid off the boredom of retirement." he repeated the words that his own grandfather used to say when someone was asking him, why to bother with gardening. When he finished his second peach, he gathered the two kernels and placed them in a small pouch. They could be proved usable potion ingredients later. "Sunday is the most depressing day of the week. I'm glad the upcoming one is going to spice up with some chaser training." he commented, grateful that Briar was offering some of her spare time to teach him. "How many years have you been playing for the team?" he asked curiously.

Briar smiled when Minoas said that the best history of magic class was when he went to a muggle museum, and that muggles had their own magic. "I cant remember much about history of magic. but i guess that all cultures have their own magic" she said. she didn't know much about the muggle world.
"it was a good choice, there is nothing like harvesting your own food." she said, she had spent her childhood collecting her own food and she found the school food was no where near as satisfying. she found knowing where her her food had grown, and eating it after cooking it over an open fire was the best feeling, possibly even better than flying fast at night.
"I'm glad you play chaser as that is what i know best, I could have a shot at beater at a push, and keeper probably wont be that hard. but i wouldn't have a clue with seeker. I hope you aren't scared of being upside down, that is my favourite technique, it can be used to dodge bludgers, or many other uses" she said she found Barrel rolls her signature move. she thought back, at the boys question. I have been playing since my second year, so this will be my fourth year on the team" she said realising that that was quite a long time, and that she was the second longest team member, with only Damian the captain being on the team for longer than her.

"History scholars must be really intelligent. They are supposed to know every branch of history for every magical community in the world." he figured out, having an actual headache just by thinking of it. He looked at the thick book in front of him with a sour expression. He didn't really wanted to open it but he had to. He wasn't planning to spent his whole night on that assignment.
"You sound like you've been actually doing that? I mean, harvesting your own food." he pointed out as he was opening reluctantly the book in front of him, back to the chapter his homework was based on. He had just started writing slowly the title of his essay when Quidditch was referred again and distracted him.
"There is nothing better than chaser's position. All the fun and action is there." he revealed his criteria for choosing the specific position. "Not at all! It sounds so cool, I love that technique. I have tried it a couple of times but I wasn't really successful." he continued talking about the techniques that Briar was going to teach him.
He hoped to be able to play for the team for that long too. That's why he was putting so much effort on practising alone. To become good enough for the team.
"Wow, you must be a really valueable member to be kept in the team for that long." he realized in awe.
"I hope I'll have a chance to play in a match with you." he wished with that glazed look he had when he was daydreaming.

Briar thought, for a moment and then spoke her thoughts "I dont think that it needs smartness, just a good memory, and patients to read a lot, which i dont have" she said. reading wasn't her strength. "you could say that I have had my own fair share of practice of harvesting." she said realising that it would spark the boys interest in her past again, a past that she had been trying to keep from everyone exempt a few of her most trusted friends, but this first year boy was quickly becoming someone she could trust, going through what they had gone through together without some form of bond developing. "Oh i remember you said in the forest. you need to grip well with your knees, oh and steering hands free is always useful." she said. looking forward to the session, she sort of hoed to be the team captain when Damian gradated the year after next, and she hoped that it would be good practice for her. "I hope that they find me a valuable player, I hope i become captain after Damian leaves, I hope that you make the team and that we get another match, as we need come decent chasers." she said. leaning back in her chair and eating the rest of the peach

"I can't say that I have either." he agreed about the patience part, shrugging a bit as he hadn't really tried with his essay. Only the title was waiting on the piece of parchment in front of him.
He didn't really insisted on the topic of harvesting as he was suspecting that they were going to refer again on Briar's past. It was something that he was trying to avoid as they were slowly bonding after what he had done in professor Kingsley's office.

"Oh yeah, I adore that technique. You feel the freedom in the air but I'm not quite sure if it is suitable for Quidditch. You need to hold tight for those bludgers." he pointed out how nasty it could conclude such a technique during an actual Quidditch match. "What other techniques do you have?" he asked her interested, wondering if he could share with her his ideas.

"Isn't Damian the seeker of the team? If that's the case and he graduates, the team will need a new seeker as well." he said not really eager to take that post. Seekers shouldn't be tall to be agile and Minoas was already quite tall for his age. "Who's determining anyway, who'll be the captain of the team?" he asked to see what chances Briar had in her hands, becoming the next Gryffindor captain.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry i was going to reply last night but i couldn't keep my eyes open

Briar smiled and shook her head when the boy said that he didn't think that he didn't have good memory or patients. "good memory isn't just about figures and words, you seem pretty good at remembering what your teacher is teaching you, he would be proud, as for the patients, you seem to be a bit like me in that respect, you want to do everything now" she said.
she was glad that he didn't press the topic, but he knew that if he asked her again, he had probably earned enough trust and she would tell him about her childhood and family. it was a pretty unusual past, and she was pretty sure that she was one of the few humans to have had such an experience.
"thats right he is the seeker, but every year everyone must try out, to get a place, only the captain is guaranteed their place, and there are always a lot of people who want to play seeker, so i am sure that someone could fill the spot." she said, she wasn't quite sure who determined who would be the team captain, "I don't know, i suppose it will be professor kingsley" she said. she hoped that she was in professor kingsleys good books again, she had been behaving herself ever since the night she had caught them in the forrest, even though is had been a few months since her probation had ended.

Minoas revealed a small grin as he was now understanding why he didn't really like seeker's position.
"I'm starting to believe that I don't really have the patience of a seeker. I mean you must be really patient to tolerate a little golden snitch to mock you." he said wondering why some people would like that post when there were other, much more pleasant.
"Sounds fair if you ask me. That gives opportunities to more students to show their talent." he said about the fact that every year, everyone except from the captain, had to prove themselves to earn a place in the team. That would give to him more chances for next year.
However, when Minoas heard the name of professor Kingsley slipping out of Briar's lips, he felt guiltiness consuming his insides. He was dreading the idea of Briar losing her chance of becoming the captain, just because of him. "I hope she'll understand that what happened last time doesn't have to do anything with your skills of guiding the team." he said slightly apologetic. "I mean who else is that much dedicated to the team except from you and Damian? You are made for this." he kept saying apologetically, trying to redeem himself.

Briar smiled, he Minoas reminded her so much of herself it was uncanny. yeah, i don't have the patients for seeker, i would feel left out of the game in that position, i much prefer the action, the rough and toughness of it makes it more appealing." she said, flying wise she was a bit of a daredevil, and was always up for anything even if she get hurt. "I guess so, it also means that we have to best team." she said. she was surprised that all of the other teams in the school had two captains, however gryffindor only had one.
she saw him wince at the mention of the professors name. "I hope not, i wouldn't have thought that it will, make too much difference." she said she knew that she was one of the most dedicated players, and she hoped that she would play pro when she left the school. she picked up on his compliment and smiled. "thanks, I hope that it you're right." she said realising that he was fleeing a little guilty over what had happened "Don't worry about the forrest, I am sure the professor will get over it. if something like that would spoil my chances then maybe its not where i should be.

"Cool! For a moment I was growing worried that in the unlikely event of losing the post of the captain, you were going to put the blame on me and probably, toss me back into that pit, back into the forbidden forest." he joked leaving a sigh of relief.

His eyes rested on the open book of history of magic before he spoke again. "Why I have always to make promises that I can hardly keep?" he moaned at himself. "I promised to get in every single subject an O so that my father will get me a broom." he explained. "I never had my very own before. You are very lucky to have one." he said quite envious. "Strangely, I don't remember its brand. Which one do you have?" he asked her, realizing that the commotion in the forest had prevented him from checking out the brand of her broom.

briar laughed slightly as the boy joked about her leaving him in the forrest, "no, you will be able to find your way out of the forrest, maybe the lake, or the mountains would be better" she joked hopeing that Minoas would see it as a joke and not think that she was really threatening him. her eyes widened as he said that he promised his dad to get strait O's "I don't even think that many Claws get that, and they are always in the library, or somewhere else with their nose in some book or another. not wondering around the castle and grounds." but a broom was a good reward for that. she had received an allowance for school things since she moved to New Zealand. as she had no proper family she had no other way of getting the essentials. "I had to save up for it for years, it is the only thing that I wanted to buy, its a scarlet streak, i considered a fireboat but this one was better" she said. she had decided to get the better model as it would last her longer once she had finished school "What kind ate you planning on getting?" she asked, wondering what kind he wanted.

Minoas laughed too as Briar found funny his joke and gave her further advice of which was the best place to leave him. "Not the lake. I'm an exceptional swimmer, I was literaly brought up next to the sea so it's not a good kind of punishment. I would probably enjoy it." he said with a wide grin as he was remembering all the fun times he used to have with his family on the beach under their house, during summers. "The mountain is a better idea, although I was taught about the stars from a centaur so I can navigate myself just by observing them." he said just realizing the benefits of his early education. His tutor would be so proud if he was going to use the stars as a navigation system. "So yeah the best place for your punishment would be the mountain during daylight." he concluded with a laugh.

What Briar was saying to him about his promise wasn't really encouraging. He left a long sigh before he talked again. "I know but I promised so now I have to do my best, which I'm not really doing right now obviously." he pointed at the parchment where was written only the title of his essay. "I can do it! I don't care what the Ravenclaws are doing. I'm a quick learner, I don't have to stuck my face in a book for hours and was that an innuendo going for me?" he joked again and smiled, referring to her statement about wandering around the castle and the grounds.

"I guess nothing comes without a little sacrifice. You had to save money I have to get O's, though I prefer saving money." he said in the same joking mood he had. "Oh yeah that's the best broom brand ever! I wish to get that one too although I would be also happy with a firebolt or a nimbus." he said excitedly, like had already that broom, waiting for him back in the common room.

"okay not the lake then, swimming is the one thing outside that i am not that good at" she said. she had never been taught to swim properly, she was able to stay above the water and what not but she had never been taught to swim. " the stars are different here than in the north, but sometimes it is not bing lost its the physical barriers of the mountains that make them fun, o mean hard to escape." she said thinking out loud, not serious but enjoying the idea.
she realised that she had said the wrong thing. " It is do able though, not something i aim for, but some people can do it. and sometimes the best way to learn is through experience not through books anyway, and i don't know what an innuendo is." she quickly overcompensated. "at least you have a family who will make that kind of deal with you. fireboats are really good, as are nimbuses, i sued to fly a 2001 before i got my streak, unfortunately i had to sell it to the second hand shot to make the last bit of money. but it was a good broom, just not fast enough for me. I need speed." she said. when she was younger she get that filled through running, but recently flying had become the best way. she still enjoyed running but it wasn't fast enough for her.

It was the first time that Minoas had ever met a person that didn't really know how to swim. Maybe because it was so natural to him. "I'm sure now that you'll be leaving with your new family in Australia, you are going to learn unavoidably. You could also try surfing. It's one of the best extreme sports muggles' have." he said remembering that time on the beach when he was watching awestrucked some muggles, riding the ocean's waves.

"Still I know a pretty cool trick to find where the north is." he said with a shrug, wanting to prove to Briar that he could survive in the wild just how she could. "I agree that you usually learn by experience, that's why I can't learn history of magic. Maybe I should request a time-turner for that." he joked.
"Innuendo is when someone says something about someone but not in a clear way, like you said generally that someone can't get O's if wanders all the time around the castle and grounds. It was obvious that what you said was about me." he explained.

"True, speed is for the chasers! I don't really like 2001 model to be honest a prefer the 2000. Might not be that fast but I prefer its design." he explained his preference.

Briar wasn't sure if she wanted to learn to swim. she was able to do what she felt necessary. and to her doing laps of a pool was pointless. "maybe i will, I saw some surfers near obsidian once and that looked fun, but it don't know if i trust the sea, I would rather stay over land." she said. she doubted that the margeras lived near to the beach. she was sure that they owned some pretty awesome animals and be best way to keep away from muggles in australia would be to go bush.
when he said he could find north she couldn't help smiling, she was able to find north with the stars when she was about four, but then her past was different, as much as Minoas talked about his centaur tutor, she was sure that that wouldn't compare with her family. she had decided that if minoas asked her again she would tell him about her past. "finding north is a good start but it is useless unless you know where you are, so if i blindfolded you it wouldn't be much help. as for time turners, i doubt the ministry would give them to students, besides then you would have to sit through hundreds of years of time, which will probably be more boring than studying in the first place." she said sort of taking his joke and replying seriously. she remembered the work innuendo and its meaning incase she heard it again.
"I know what you mean about the two thousand looking better, but i just picked for speed, looks don't really matter to me." she said. growing up functionality was far more important than fashion and that had continued on to the rest of her life. she looked at the clock on the wall, it was getting later and she had a patrol that evening. and she needed to take her things to the dorm before. "I had better make a move soon, I have prefect duties tonight" she said, she started to pack up her things, she probably had a couple of minutes before she had to leave but then she had to go fast.

He was listening to her, as she was expressing her preference of staying on land. Minoas was feeling the same comfort both on land and in water. Probably because he was closer to the element of water.
"I guess you are closer to the element of earth or fire. That's why maybe you feel quite uncomfortable around water." he tried to find an explanation.
He moved lively his head, from right to left, in denial. "Well if I have my hands untied, then I could still study with my fingers the trees' trunks surface and see where the moss has grown." he revealed to her one of his little tricks. It wasn't necessary to depend on magical arts for surviving. Simple camp-life had proved that to him.

"Yeah, it's probably a better idea not to mess with time. I heard my parents telling that but I have no clue what it means." he agreed with her. On second thoughs, books were now somewhat more appealing. However, he disagreed with her next statement. He liked both speed and looks when it had to do with brooms. He didn't want to fly something that wasn't appealing to him, whether it was fast or not. There was no point to mention it though and argue. Every person had its own kind of taste.

When Briar mentioned she had duties, he looked at his watch and realised how much time they had spent on chit chat. "Shoot! You are right! I have to resume my essay. Can't go in bed if I'm not done with it." he said and rapidly grabbed his quill. He plunged a couple of time the nib of his quill in the ink bottle, to drain a good portion of ink before she spoke again. "See you around and take care. Good luck with your O.W.Ls and don't forget our practice next sunday." he reminded her.

Briar smiled as the boy started talking about elements, "Probably fire, for me i would think. as for you, I'm not sure probably air" she said, thinking. she wasn't sure why she put him as air, but once she had said it she was pretty sure it was the right place.
who Minoas said that he could also tell north by the moss on the trees she shook her head, he didn't quite get what she meant. "Knowing north is good, but you need to know about where you are relative to your destination. for example if you were on the north side of the castle going north would not help you get there, away from the north, i.e. south. however if you were on the south side of the castle walking south wont work toy would have to go north to get there. do you got it?" she asked hopeing that that made more sense. as he spoke about time she nodded. I would rather not get messed up in time. its easyer to just stay going where you are going and not jump back and forward i would imagine." she said. she herself was into that good at keeping track of time in hours weeks and months, she would much rather think about, days, and seasons."[/b] she said.
Once her bag was packed she got up. "good luck with your essay, I hope that you get an O for it." just as she left the room she paused after hearing the boys comment. "Thanks, and don't worry i won't forget the training. i am looking forward to it. See you then" she said before leaving. quickly making her way up the stairs to the Gryffindor house so that she could leave her stuff in the dorm before her patrol of the corridor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back