Song: Echo (Jason Walker)
Song(2): Broken Frame (Alex & Sierra)
</FONT>
Hello, hello
Anybody out there? Cause I don't hear a sound

The greatest pretenders forget to remember the lies
</B><i></i></B><i></i></B><i></i></B><i></i>
Mariani Family:
- The Mariani family name is one known all over Italy in every city and province. All Marianis have some magical abilities in their blood and are known in the wizarding world in Italy, specifically as no muggle has ever seen them around or if they have, have heard of them or seen them under a different name. Even then it's a name passed on from person to person without anyone really knowing whether they really exist or not. The Mariani family is extremely prejudiced against non-magics, because of a couple of incidents, namely centuries ago, when the first Mariani "dad" had some life-threatening experience in his life, claiming that their family rivals tried to poison him and his family - nobody knows the reason for this happening and whether this is true. This first Mariani father came from a family who had no care for the true meaning of being part of and having a family - because in those days, no one had time to appreciate who they were and what they had in life; they've always been a greedy bunch and often took extreme actions in order to get what they wanted. Marianis appear everywhere in the world nowadays, as being Italian also means being connected and related to many different people in several countries, including Greece, New Zealand and America. In the muggle world, they're known under a different name because they like to pretend they are people that they're not - they do not like to settle down in one specific place because once they have what they need they take off immediately. But, the problem comes in when someone tries to target them - making the Mariani family flee the country/city, returning years after the feud. A lot of Marianis do things they regret, partly because they're impulsive and partly because they know the consequences. Many people from the Mariani side of the fam are also known to be violent in their ways and are never content with just one thing, they're ambitious and courageous enough not to rest until they have what they want. These family members are usually the older generations. Although many Marianis are nice and caring people on the exterior, there will always be that prejudice against others (they're a lot more lenient to people from the wizarding world) unless you've proven yourself to the Mariani family that you should not be considered as a threat. They can tell when you are a witch or a wizard and therefore relax when you are around, well only a little! It's a complicated life for those who do marry into the Mariani family - but you get accepted really soon as being one of them because they will love and appreciate you like one of their own. Normally you'll be approved by the parents of the bride or groom to see whether you trust the Mariani family, which never takes long for a lot of people who have to meet the entire (or almost the entire) family. Most Mariani members are still alive to this day however and poor Eva has not met one of the "great" Mariani grandfathers or grandmothers, or anyone from the generations older than her parents. Eva sometimes doubts about where she really comes from.
*Despite the prejudice, someone has married a muggle or two into the family a while back, long before Luigi's birth, therefore her status is mixed blood for that reason as much as other family members are annoyed by it, they came not to care anymore as that person is long gone.
*Eva believes blood status isn't that important as long as the other person who marries into her family does not betray anyone from the Mariani's.​

</I></SIZE></SIZE></SIZE></SIZE>
Alone, alone
I don't really know where the world is

We're falling forever, we're far from together tonight
<i>
</i>

- Luigi Mariani: son of Francesca and Luca Mariani; Eva's great-great grandfather. He's still alive and in hiding, because well...he's a criminal. Wizard; dropped out of school at a young age when his sister got expelled, to help her out and find a job. Tries to "blend in" with society.
- Beatrice Mariani: daughter of Francesca and Luca Mariani; Eva's great-great grandmother; sister to Luigi Mariani. She's in hiding as well because she's Luigi's twin and as the older sibling feels that her duty is to protect him from suspicious people. Witch; got expelled from school (age: 13) for "accidentally" threatening a professor by casting spells on the poor guy. Nobody thinks the old man has recovered from that yet.
- Michele Mariani: son of Beatrice Mariani (father: unknown). Eva's great-grandfather and a skilled duellist who in his extra time learned a thing or two on performing dark magic. Tried it a few times (some fails and some successes). In hiding.
- Elena Mariani: wife of Michele Mariani; Eva's deceased great-grandmother (murdered, cause of death unknown).
- Lorenzo Mariani: son of Michele & Elena Mariani. Eva's grandfather; resides currently in Venice with his six children (excluding Eva's mother, making Eva's mom the youngest of 7). He's the only one she's ever met besides her direct family, because the rest will not grant her with her presence until she is told her the history of her family (which she doesn't know yet because her parents do not want Eva to lose respect for her family). Also Lorenzo is the only one who is legally allowed to tell Eva about how important their family name is. He's the only one who is not either in hiding, deceased or too conservative to come out. Lorenzo is possibly the most jovial out of all of them. Which is saying something. The reason why he's the only one who's supposed to tell Eva about the Mariani family is because he's one of very few family members who knows the whole truth.
- Sofia Mariani: wife of Lorenzo Mariani; is very quiet and resides in Venice; likes to think she's divorced but once part of the Mariani family there is no going back because it would be dishonourable to leave. It would be like a death wish. One can safely assume that the Mariani family is very stuck-up - in simple term. They find reputation to be as important as marrying into the correct family and having a respectable blood status. Sofia is Eva's grandmother.

</I></SIZE>
<B>But I miss it now
The light at the tunnel is a runaway train
<i>
</i>
- Rosanna Mariani: daughter of Lorenzo & Sofia Mariani; wife of Tomas "Tommy" Mariani; Eva's mother. Resides in New Zealand with her husband and two children. One passed, she used to have three.
- Tomas Mariani: Eva's father and wife to Rosanna. Resides in New Zealand with wife and 2 children.
- Marco Mariani: Eva's younger brother; 2 years younger. Son of Tommy & Rosanna Mariani.
- Eva Mariani: Marco's older sister. Daughter of Tommy & Rosanna Mariani.
- [Deceased:] Alice Mariani; Eva's twin sister. Daughter of Tommy & Rosanna, older sister to Marco. Died; cause of death still unknown.

Listen, listen
I would take a whisper if that's all you had to give

The stars that we wish on are only airplanes

Eva Mariani's Background:
- CHILDHOOD: Eva was born and raised in New Zealand. Up until she was 13 she's been homeschooled because her parents are afraid of what might happen to her at school between the ages of 11-13. Eva still does not know exactly what happened, all she knows is that her great-great grandmother was expelled when she was 13. Eva hasn't had much of a social life and her parents control how she acts around family friends and friends of friends because they are very protective over her and therefore Eva has become used to pretend around others, enough for them not to question how she's really feeling, especially after the death of her twin sister. However, Eva doesn't currently have any friends around her age. Her parents have often told her what the family means to them and Eva has respected that even though sometimes she wished she'd be able to act as herself around other people for a change.​

<B>You could come and save me and
the love that we're chasing is a heart break away
<i>
</i>
<i>
</i>

- SIBLING RELATIONSHIP:
Alice - twin sister. Used to be inseparable and used to look to each other for advice and for some uplifting. They've always told each other everything, being unable to hide anything from each other. Since the death of Alice, Eva now turns to her brother Marco for support and vice versa. There is never a relationship like that between twins.
Marco - Eva has always been rather close to her little brother. They've become a lot closer after Alice died. Like siblings do, they fight but not for long, as they laugh straight afterwards. Eva's very protective over Marco (sometimes overprotective), as is understandable and he is of her.

</SIZE></SIZE>
try to chase the crazy right out of my head
'cause we're picture perfect in a broken frame
<i>
</i>

- PARENT-DAUGHTER RELATIONSHIP:
Mother - Eva isn't particularly close to either of her parents, however she does love them very much and would do anything to please them both. Her mother is not as strict as her father but she agrees to everything he says which irritates Eva and Marco to no end. She changes personalities when she's with other people making her two-faced but she is a good mother to her kids.
Father - Her father is awfully strict with rules when in the house and Eva sometimes feels claustrophobic because she is positive he puts rules there to annoy the children which works almost all the time. Eva cannot wait to get enrolled at Hogwarts New Zealand and see what that place is like just so she can be away from home for a while. Eva's father tells Eva everything as Eva talks to him slightly more often than she does to her mother and therefore there is more of a connection between them despite the constant 'do that' and 'do not do that'.
I'm out on the edge and I'm screaming my name
Time is on neither side, no one's wrong and no one's right
Personality:
[ul][li] Bluntness (insert song lyrics here):</LI>
[li] Lying (insert song lyrics here):
[li] Secrecy I don't really know where the world is but I miss it now:
[li] Insecurity Sometimes when I close my eyes I pretend I'm alright:
[li] Disbelieving (insert song lyrics here):
[li] Sarcasm (insert song lyrics here):
[li] Wit (insert song lyrics here):
[li] Goofiness (insert song lyrics here):
<LI>[li] Kindness (insert song lyrics here): [/li][/ul]​

Like a fool at the top of my lungs
Hiding pain, Novocaine is gonna fade

Strengths:
* The way in which she can pretend to be what she wants in public without others finding out her true persona and using it against her
* Feels stronger when she has made a friend or two who's by her side
* Her skill at achieving what she aims for (whether it be meeting new people or grades she puts her mind to it)
* Stubbornness - example, if you find out that she's pretending or if there is a reason as to why she is the way she is or even if there is anything not going right in her life she will not tell you easily - sometimes it's good for her protection but this will disallow others to help her get through what she's going through at the time

</COLOR>
Sometimes when I close my eyes I pretend I'm alright
<i>
</i>
<SIZE size="100"><SIZE size="100"><COLOR color="#5a70b3">There's no good in goodbye
<i>
</i>
<B>​
<i>​
</i>​
<i>
</i>
<i>​
</i>​
<i>
</i>
<i>​
</i>​
<i>
</i>
<B>​
<i>​
</i>​
<i></i><SIZE size="150"><SIZE size="100"><SIZE size="100">

Weaknesses:
* Her direct family - brother in particular
* She breaks down a little once she trusts you
* Stubbornness - in certain situations it might be a disadvantage, example: if you find out that she's pretending or if there is a reason as to why she is the way she is or even if there is anything not going right in her life she will not tell you easily
* People she cares about
* People in whom she confides (refer to point above)​
<SIZE size="100"><SIZE size="100">But it's never enough
'cause we're picture perfect in a broken frame
<FONT font="Lucida"><I><I><i></i><i></i><i></i><i></i>

Beliefs:
* First impressions are important
* Life's too short to pretend you're okay all the time
* If there's something wrong, I won't show it
* Family is important, especially my brother
* Getting straight to the point makes it easier for the other person to deal with the problem and it doesn't waste time and words
* I lie to hide what I'm really feeling inside
* If you want to get to know me you'll have to earn my trust
* Take advantage of me and you're a dead man (I believe in grudges)
* My insecurity is not something I share with you, unless I really have to
* Once friends always friends. Promise.
* I secretly believe in love
* Show what you want others to see; be yourself only around people you know you can trust
* Secrets are not meant to shared - so if I tell you something that's important to me, don't disrespect that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back