</i>

Full Name:
Evangeline Sarah Reed.

Date of Birth:
February 18th, 2033.

Current Age:
11 years old.

Basic Appearance:
Eva has brown hair and brown eyes - these give a sense of innocence around her person. She's small for an eleven-year-old, standing at 4'3" (131cms). She weighs a spindly 5 stone and 4 pounds (75.6lbs), which often leads to her grandmother suggesting she'd "fatten her up" when she next sees her. She wears collared shirts with jumpers and skirts - a feminine child. She's been raised to believe that "girls should be girls." Her favourite colours to wear are pastel blue and white. Eva doesn't look interesting or sticks out in any way.

Personality:
Eva, as a young student, is very anxious and nervous around others. Due to her Muggle ancestry, Eva keeps her secrets to herself for the fear of bullying. She also has another issue which makes her deeply secretive. Whilst not outgoing, funny, or exceptionally sociable, Eva is a kindly and friendly child to those who approach her first. Although her inner monologue is quite judgemental, she attempts to act without bias to those around her. To teachers and authority figures, Eva seems a nervous child but has a tight close-knit friendship community to aid her (hopefully!).

Family:
[ul][li]Father - Alan Reed, Muggle, deceased. He worked as a lawyer with a focus on property and had a centred, "you-should-succeed" approach. Due to this, Eva has learnt to be highly academic (although a pushover and cowardly). Unfortunately, Alan passed away due to a sudden heart attack (in which nobody knows the causes of, but will someday perhaps be discovered?) Eva has come to terms and acceptance with her father's death, as he died when she was seven.</LI>
[li]Mother - Sharina Reed, Muggle. Sharina works in a nursery for children in Britain. Her mood has dampened after her husband Alan died. Eva doesn't recall them having had the best relationship when they were together. Sharina doesn't get along with her daughter Eva as well as she does with Synthia, which leads to light jealousy.
<LI>[li]Sister - Synthia King, Muggle. Synthia is much older than Eva, aged in her early twenties. She's the polar opposite of her younger sibling - very punk, covered in tattoos and a bodybuilder. Despite her hard demeanour, she's always been kind to Eva and stuck up for her when her mother was unjustly rude.[/li][/ul]Her family's reaction to the letter from Hogwarts was very underwhelming. Whilst her mother believed it to be a spam mail, she had binned the letter before Eva got home from her primary school. However, multiple letters came and she finally handed them over. Eva and her family had never heard about Hogwarts, and why she was being sent to New Zealand she had no idea (but I'd like to explain that in a storyline). Synthia became very jealous of these strange letters and correspondence and had a short period of cutting contact with her sister. However, just before the start of her new school year, they reformed their friendship.

Pets:
Eva has no pets, due to her mother being allergic to cats and Eva being afraid of dogs. Eva would have liked a hamster or gerbil when she was younger, but her parents claimed they "weren't really pets, just rodents." Eva would love to get a rat when she can.

Area of Residence:
Eva was born in Kendal, Cumbria, located in the United Kingdom. She has moved around the entire country due to bullying throughout her early years. Her older sister was shocked how shockingly cruel even younger children can be. Her father took this as an opportunity to find constant work, but her mother (Eva believes) resents her for it. Eva plans to travel to New Zealand to attend Hogwarts.

Blood Status:
Eva is Muggle-born.

Heritage:
Eva knows very little about her heritage. Her extended family cut off connections with her mother when she was born, so she believes she is fully British (but she does have some unknown family in the Americas and Scotland).

Special Abilities:
None.

Interests or Hobbies:
Eva likes to read literature in her spare time: mostly works of classic or dystopian fiction. She, like any child, loves a good movie to switch off to now and then. Eva is yet to learn what she enjoys with friends due to having very few in her Muggle past.

Additional Skills:
Eva has no notable skills.

Strengths:
Eva is exceptionally kind, friendly and honest.

Weaknesses:
However, she is shy, dismissive and prude.

Describe your character in three words:
"Shy book child."

Favourite place to be:
Eva loves libraries due to their smell, calm and lack of noise. Being surrounded by books is a tranquil state for her.

Friends:
Eva has very few friends in her Muggle past. Due to the bullying and pack-mentality of young children, she was often avoided like the plague. This led to her introverted nature and a fear of approaching other kids her age - so, she grew up without social groups. This annoyed her parents a great deal when she'd "ask for too much attention." Nobody will really know Eva is gone when she attends Hogwarts aside from her close family.

Hogwarts House:
Eva knows nothing about the magical wizarding world but hopes that she will be sorted into a house with kindly people around her.

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions:
Eva hopes to learn what on Earth the "wizarding world" is, and why she would even be invited into it.
She also has high hopes on making her first set of true friends and leaving her ruined name behind in Britain.

Best school subjects:
Eva's best subjects will most likely be the most "academic ones," though Herbology seems a very suiting subject for her.

Worst school subjects:
Arithmancy. (I don't understand it even from an OOC perspective.)

Extracurricular Activities:
Eva wanted to attend a book-club, but her social anxiety got the better of her and she stuck to book-keeping in her lunchtimes. Eva would love to learn how to dance and sing.

Graduation:
N/A.

Current Job:
N/A.

Plans for your future:
From a purely OOC perspective, I plan for Eva to gain friends (as I do hopefully) in Hogwarts New Zealand but also to explain her secrets and discover what truly happened to her father. Perhaps she'll even meet some distant unknown relatives! I'd also like to learn more about wizarding subjects both IC and OOC.

Your Patronus:
A mink - often mistaken for something else, small and fluffy, with something dark inside a cute demeanour.

Your Patronus memory:
Eva has very true hugely happy memories, but the memory of tranquillity within her sister's arms when her father died forms the mink just as well.

Your Boggart:
Eva has a deep fear of enclosed spaces. Boggarts transform usually into a dark fog, which encompasses her slowly and cruelly.

Your Animagus:
If Eva learns this, she would most likely take the form of a white rabbit. It fits in but can direct the eye with interest. Her love of fiction also contributes to this idea.

Mirror of Erised:
Eva sees herself in the Mirror of Erised as naked and holding a beautiful body. It is a very intimate and personal scene.

(OOC: I know it's not a biography. I just write too much...)

Hi Jac! I hope it's ok if I ask some questions about Eva. ^_^

1. You say that Eva was raised to believe that 'girls should be girls.' Does she agree with this belief?
2. What was Eva's relationship with her father like?
3. What is Eva's favorite color? Why?
4. What was the last dream she had about?

(OOC: Thank you for your comments! As always, a good job from the staff team. These questions really have helped me think about her true persona. I'm very pleased!)

You say that Eva was raised to believe that 'girls should be girls.' Does she agree with this belief?
Eva's perceptions of the world and beliefs are heavily influenced by what her family has presented her with in her childhood. Her sister presented Eva with the open-mindedness to all styles of outfits and preference of music (due to her outwardly punk appearance and persona). Her mother was not such a fan of this garb and pushed Eva to be a "girl." Due to the compliments she got when acting ladylike and 'girly,' she enjoys being a girly girl herself - however, she wouldn't push it onto others if they did not wish to (she admires her sister for her punk-rock!)

What was Eva's relationship with her father like?
Eva barely knew her father, due to his passing when she was seven years old. Eva recalls him to be stern and somewhat dismissive of his daughters. She was told he would push herself and Synthia often too far academically, but Eva is grateful for his due to her now-focused attitude towards her studies. She does recall, however, a fond memory of sitting on his knee as a young toddler and reading a book with him when he was in the prime of his health. It does not technically introduce happiness to her brain but is a calm memory of connection.

What is Eva's favourite colour? Why?
Her favourite colour is a pale, pastel blue. It is both calming and an androgynous colour to her - a light defiance to her perceived "girly" role, but also beautiful in regard.

What was the last dream she had about?
Eva doesn't experience dreams at all - something she is deeply jealous of others for experiencing! (Perhaps this could be shifted with the introduction of Divination? :-O Thank you, Cyndi!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back