Especially For You

Ostensia Metzger

Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
</FONT>
<FONT font="Lucida">Ostensia was headed up the stairs that led to the Owlery. In one hand she had a stack of unused parchment and a quill. In the other, she had a bag of rice crispy treats. Class finished a couple of hours ago and now Ostensia had every intention of snacking on treats and writing letters to Damian for the rest of the afternoon. Even though the holiday break had just finished, Ostensia already missed him so much. It got boring without him to keep her company. Ostensia reached the top of the tower and peeked her head in. It was pretty much abandoned except for the owls. Which was good. Then people wouldn't be able to witness her squealing like a little girl hyped up on candy when she read some of Damian's letters. He always knew how to make a girl smile. Ostensia settled against the wall and pulled out a piece of fresh parchment. Her hands neatly scribbled down a note to Damian while she took small bites of her rice crispy treat's. Hopefully this would make him smile. Once she was finished writing the letter she found her pet owl and attached the letter to his leg. "Here you go, Coco. Take this to Damian please." Ostensia fed her owl a small piece of the rice crispy treat she was munching on earlier and set the bird off.

Letter said:
Sweetheart,

Sorry it took me a bit to get to writing. Classes have been keeping me busy. I'm hoping to get all O's on my exams this year. We'll see how that goes when it comes time to take them though. How have you been? Have you been eating well and getting enough sleep and everything? I've been okay. Busy with classes already but at the same time, I've never felt more lonely. I hate that you're not here anymore. I have friends and everything but, I can't really tell them everything like I always tell you. I've got a lot on my mind with Collineus, and school, and everything else. I haven't heard from my mother or father in so long. I'm starting to think that they might not be coming back either.

I hope you're enjoying your Christmas presents. I'm definitely enjoying mine. This candy should keep me happy for a couple of months. Same with the Teddy bear. I don't want this to sound creepy but, it kind of smells like you so I like having it around when I'm feeling all lonely and stuff. Oh, Valentines day is coming up soon. Maybe if we're allowed to go into Brightstone around that time, you and I can go out for dinner or something. I don't know. I just want to make it special. Would you believe that soon it'll be our fourth year anniversary? How cool is that?!

Anyways...write me back when you have the time. I miss you so much. ♥
I love you!

Love,
Osa

Damian was inside of his home, sitting on the couch playing some video games when he heard an owl at his window, pecking on it. Damian paused his game, set down his controller, and he got off of the couch. He walked himself over to the window and he opened it. He recognized the owl at this point, and it was from his girlfriend. She would be delighted to hear that he was growing a beard. He was not going to shave it either, it was coming in well. He had grown his hair out much longer too. He let the owl in, before he gave her a treat and sent her on her way. He would send out Krystal, his black falcon, out when he got down to writing his letter. Damian opened Ostensia's letter, before he read it with his blue-green eyes. He smiled at her words, and he then reread it, and frowned a little bit at the mention of her parents. He hoped that they were not too bad. His mother was dead, and his father was... Damian didn't like to think about it. Damian got out his own paper and pen, opposed to parchment and ink. He jotted down a quick letter, and he got his black falcon, whom sent the letter once he was done. Damian then turned his attention back to video games, which had much of his attention nowadays anyway.
Letter said:
Baby Girl,

I would be proud of you got all Outstandings, but I never did. Depends on what is needed for your career. Keep up the awesome work and I will excuse you for not writing so much. Things could be better, I mean, I sit around playing video games and basketball. Have yet to decide on what I want to do though. I've been taking care of myself, and looking out for my brother. He needs someone to look after him, but I think he is crushing on some guy right now. Well, I am here by letters, but I can't go back to Hogwarts. It'd be too weird! So, with your mother and father and Collineus, what do you think is going on? Kinda strange that as soon as they vanish, he takes over?

I sure am. I am enjoying them more than my video games. I am glad you like the candy, but be sure not to get any cavities in your perfect smile. If you want a hoodie, I can send you one if you like the smell of me so much. I won't mind lending you one of course. A dinner on Valentine's day sounds pretty cool. I've been practicing on cooking, so I can cook us something. Me cooking would make it special, just saying. Doesn't seem that long, does it? I enjoyed every minute of the past four years. That is the truth.

I miss you, babe, and I love you too. Don't overwork yourself.

Love,
Damian

</FONT>
<FONT font="Lucida">When the letter from Damian arrived Ostensia carefully took it from her owl and peeled it open. She always loved getting letters from her love. Her eyes scanned the picture carefully and nearly grinned at every word. Did he know how sweet he could be? Ostensia felt the owl brush up against her and she let her skinny fingers slide across it's feathers. Then she slid a piece of rice krispy's treats it's way. Everyone and anyone loved the marshmallowy goodness of them. Ostensia curled down and began to write another letter. Since she had nothing better to do, she figured she would take her time on it. Her neatly curved handwriting soon formed a letter that she was proud to send off. Osa gave the owl one more piece of her treat before she send it off with the letter. Hopefully it would arrive to Damian soon.

Letter said:
Sweetheart,

I hope it isn't my fault that you didn't get all O's last year. I'll feel really bad if it was. I'm already swamped with homework! But the coolest part is, we're I'm also learning how to Apparate! Maybe soon I can show you or something! You should definitely take your time on deciding what you want to do. You could probably do anything you wanted to though. I've always wanted to own my own flower shop. But who knows? Be sure to give your brother hugs for me. I hope things work out with him and the guy. He needs a good person in his life. You don't....think he did anything to them do you? Oh that man is so creepy. I feel worried that if I come home one day I might disappear too.

Sorry we didn't get to spend Valentines day together. I forgot is wasn't a Brightstone weekend. I'll make it up to you. I promise! You really should send me one of your hoodie's though. I don't want this to sound weird but, yeah you smell pretty good. I like the smell of you. So, there is this weird gossip magazine at the school now called Rumor Has It. No one knows who's writing it but whoever they are, they're writing horrible things about people. I haven't really been mentioned yet but, I hope not. They say such horrible things about people. It's just...cruel. This sort of thing makes me wish you were here even more.

Take care of yourself, please.

Love you so much,
Osa ♥

Damian was growing restless, but he did not really do anything with it. He was simply living, playing video games and spending time with his friends and family. That was all he was doing, and sometimes it was not enough. Damian wanted to go out and do thing, but he didn't want to travel while he has Ostensia that would be waiting on him. Damian was currently outside, shooting some baskets. He was getting better at it too, since now he was making about one third of his three-point shots opposed to one fourth. Damian wanted to be better at it, but it was helping him out with what he was practicing. His teal eyes looked up at the sky to see a familiar owl heading his way. Damian dropped the basketball so that he could go inside and answer the letter before sending it off to his beloved.
Letter said:
Baby Girl,

No, it isn't your fault at all. I never really cared for grades or school that much to even get Outstandings. I just cared about certain classes anyway. Just make sure you learn to balance your schedule for your homework. Apparating? Oh that's great! I'm sure you will do fine. You can apparate to my house anytime when you are on the holidays. I could, but I haven't found anything I am too interested in. Hm a flower shop would be really nice, and I can see you owning one. I'll give him a hug for you, and he does. Hopefully anyway. I'm not saying that he did or he didn't, but that is just what it sounds like to me. Maybe do some digging or something. If you disappear, I know who I am going after.

Oh don't worry, I figured as much with the way things were timed and such. Hm, what would you do to make it up to me? I made sure to pack one of my favorites in there. It is my favorite band hoodie, so be sure to treat it nicely. Doesn't sound weird to me, it sounds flattering! That sounds actually familiar, um, I think it was around when I was there. It is still going on though? I hope you aren't mentioned, or else I may have to come down to the school. Or...well, just imagine it anyway. I wish I was there too, to be honest. I don't like us being apart for so long at all.

You do the same, and watch your back.

Love,
Damian

Ostensia was kind of afraid to tell Damian about the article she was featured in. But she knew she had to tell him sooner or later. He had a right to know. They did kind of make him sound like he was one of those guys that was only into a girl for her body. But Ostensia knew better. Her sleeping with him was her idea in the first place. But she was in love with him. They had been together so long that she felt like it wasn't anything horrible. There was nothing wrong with it. Why did everyone make fun of her? Ostensia wiped at her eyes again. It was heartbreaking to her. Damian and her could do whatever they wanted. They were careful about it and they were going strong. Why should it matter? Was it any of their business? Still. She felt bad. It was hard to pretend like she didn't care. When the letter from Damian arrived Ostensia carefully took it into her hands and read it over. It was now or never.

Letter said:
Sweetheart,

To be honest I do neglected my homework from time to time to write you letters instead. But I get it done eventually. You're perfect to me anyways. So it doesn't matter if school was never your thing. I'm so worried I'll splinch myself. But I'm excited to think that the next time we speak I'll be possibly Apparating to your house! I'm glad it's easy to see me owning a flower shop, I'm not very good at Herbology though so I have no idea how well it would work out for me. next year I'll start checking out places to have it at though. Then I'll work out from there. I tried to dig around for something, but I couldn't find a single thing. I'm almost tempted to ask Collineus myself but he's so scary. When I get out of school I'll dig around the house some.

Well when go home during the next break I definitely have something I want to give you. If you know what I mean. Thank you so much baby! It's actually one of my favorite hoodie's on you too so I will definitely be sure to treasure it. I'm probably going to end up wearing it all day. Damian, please don't get mad but, the last issue of the magazine made fun of us. Well mostly me but you were sort of in it I guess. I kept one of the issues so you could see the article yourself. I'm sorry that people found out. I really wish you were here right now. I can see people staring at me all the time. Please don't be mad at me for letting people find out.

Love you so much,
Osa ♥

Damian was once more playing video games, but at least he had someone to play with him this time. He had his brother Dietrich over to play with him. Of course, Damian was winning out of the brothers. He smirked as he managed to kill Dietrich in the shooting game. "You are just using those Veela charms on me, bro!" Dietrich had said before Damian laughed. "You wish you were as man pretty as me." However the argument stopped when an owl came in, and Damian knew who it was from. Damian ripped open the letter, and when he read, he could definitely see what was going on, and he didn't like it one bit. He stood up and went straight to the kitchen where he settled down at the bar, and he started to write a reply back. If he knew who was doing that stuff, he would have ripped them a new one. He didn't know how it was anyone's business what they did, and it was not like she was pregnant or anything. Damian was careful. And they had been seeing each other for years. He sent his reply back with the owl, before he went back to Dietrich, to talk to him about it.
Letter said:
Baby Girl,

You shouldn't be neglecting anything. The NEWTs are a real pain, I would know. So try to keep focused, okay? That does mean a lot, but even I have my flaws. Just not with my looks obviously. You'll be apparating to me in no time. Herbology at school is a joke. It didn't used to be, but now it is. Planting flowers and Herbology are completely different. At least, to me they are. But you owning a shop would be really nice. I can see if my brother Dietrich could help you out? Yeah, dig around. There are always records or something around so that you can find something. Just, just too weird on how your parents vanish and suddenly this guy comes in and adopts you. All of your siblings too.

Mmm I will look forward to that, and perhaps I can return the favor equally. I know you will take care of my hoodie like it was a child. So I trust you with it. Hopefully it will smell like me for a long time for you. Okay, so RHI wants to butt into our lives, how original. I think they are just jealous really. Because it would not be cool anyway. So, we do stuff, that's not a big surprise. We have been seeing each other for a long time. Just don't worry about what they say. Hold your head up with pride that you still have someone to love you. All of you. My brother knows what we do, so telling people isn't that bad.

Love you so very much,
Damian

OOCOut of Character:
The rest of this thread takes place during Ostensia's Seventh Year.

Ostensia would have been lying if she tried to say that she wasn't worried right now. Damian's letters have been taking longer and longer to get to her. Ostensia knew better than to blame the Owl. It had never taken the owl this long to bring her a letter. Plus this wasn't like the first time the letter had taken some time to get to her. Was something wrong? Ostensia worried over Damian. If she had to leave school to make him happy, she would. She would do anything to make sure he was happy and taken care of. He needed to know that. With shaky hands, the Head Girl began to scribble down a letter. She didn't even leave time to make sure it made sense. She just wanted to know if something was wrong with her boyfriend. Especially if it was something she could fix.

</FONT>
Letter said:
<FONT font="Georgia">Sweetheart,

Is something the matter? I don't want to bother you about letters and everything, but I'm kind of worry. If my letters are coming in too frequently just let me know and I can wait. I just...I worry. I'm not always around to see if you are okay with my own eyes. I know you're a grown man and that you can care for yourself, but I can't help it. You've been acting a little withdrawn lately. Your letters are not only shorter, but they come in less often too. So I'm left sitting here trying to guess what's going through your mind as you wrote the letter. I like knowing what goes on in you're life. It makes me feel better even to just know that you're merely having a good day or something. Was it something I did? Have I been troubling you with all of the problems going on in my life? I can stop that. I don't mean to sound shiny. I just felt like you knew the answer to everything. Like no matter what my problem was you could guide me through somehow. Or is it because I'm not around? Baby, you know I'd do anything and everything for you. If that meant leaving school to go to you, I would. In a heartbeat. I'd do it if it would make you feel better. Just please tell me what's wrong! I can fix it. I promise that I can.

Being Head Girl, isn't everything I thought it would be. My sister's the leader. She's the one that deserved this. Not me. I can't see what it is that everyone else seems to see when they look at me. Is it the same thing you see? I don't want to bother you with this. I just thought I'd let you know how everything was going so far. Are you excited for Christmas? I still need to go shopping, but I'm excited that I'll get to see you soon.

I love you so so much.'
Love,
Osa ♥

While Ostensia was away for her final year, it had been one long year for him. Damian had not done what he dreamed of doing, and that was traveling. Damian was stuck here, in New Zealand. He would love for Ostensia to travel with him, but that would require her to drop out of school for him. He could not ask her to do that for him. Truthfully, he had been avoiding writing to Ostensia because of the thoughts in his head, so he was a little surprised when Ostensia sent him a letter, and then he felt bad because he had caused her to worry with the way he was behaving. How could he tell her that he was feeling held back because of her schooling? With a sigh, he started to write to her, feeling bad that he would be lying to her about how he was really feeling.
Letter said:
Baby,

Nothing is the matter, at all. You don't need to worry about a thing. They are not coming in too frequently, I've just been side tracked with beating some games and playing with my niece and nephew. Dietrich seems to like some guy name Tony right now. Tony Evelyn, but after the last guy, I'm not too sure if he should go after guys anymore. I'm sorry if I am making you worry that much though, just focus on your schooling. You did nothing, you are just being an angel as always. Don't leave the school. Please, don't. You need your schooling. Dropping out for a guy, it isn't the most admirable thing on a job application.

I thought that you would be the one to get it. I was never interested in it, but laughed when they gave it to that midget. They see kindness and friendliness out of you that one does not see in Isabella. Sorry but your sister is a hardass, and wouldn't be the best for the position unless she changed to someone gentle. I am very excited for Christmas, and considering getting a white tree.

With love,
Damian

Although Ostensia had little reason not to, she wasn’t sure if she truly bought his letter. Damian never took that long to send her a letter. That man could be stuck in the hospital and he would normally write to her with any moment he got. Would games honestly slow him and his letters down? Ostensia didn’t think so, but she didn’t want to be a pain about it. If Damian didn’t want to tell her, then that was his own business. Whatever it was though, Ostensia could only pray that it wasn’t because of something that she had done. Ostensia pulled out a Quill and began to write back. It was all she could do to keep from feeling as lonely as she did right. Head Girl or not, it didn’t keep her from feeling like something bad was going to happen to her. Something, that would require her to keep her loved ones as close to her as possible. Especially Damian as he had been in her life so long, Ostensia wasn’t sure if she remembered what life was like without him. Ostensia kissed her pet owl and fed it a treat before she sent him off. Hopefully Damian would get her letter soon. She wanted him to be sure of the fact that she loved him. No matter what.

Letter said:
Dearest,

I’m happy to see that your brother is trying to move on. He deserves someone good in his life. I just hope that he can find someone to be happy with in the end. ♥ I know I need to be focusing on school. But I just can’t keep my mind on it for too long. I’ve been trying to study for my exams. But all I keep thinking about is how I feel like I’m being an awful girlfriend because I’m never around. I don’t care if it looks bad on an application or not, you’re way more important to me than any job would ever be. If I keep sensing that something is wrong I don’t care what they say, I’m coming to see you. Just keep that in mind, Damian. I would do anything you needed me to. I don’t know what I would if I didn’t have you in my life. I never realized this until you left but, I’ve never had that many friends. I’m too timid and afraid of getting hurt. You’re one of the few people I can trust. So please baby, trust me. If there is something wrong….just tell me. If you’re really serious about nothing being wrong, then I’m sorry, ignore me. I’ve been stressed lately.

I’m glad you see something in me worth all of this. I still wish I could have shared it with you more. We would have been a good pair! If it’s not too much to ask, can I spend Christmas at your house? The holiday’s aren’t as jolly around our house these days. Collineus isn’t the cheeriest fellow out there. But, we can decorate the tree together, and make gingerbread cookies or something. Or drink hot chocolate, make a snowman. Oh I’m getting ahead of myself here. Just let me know.

I miss cuddling with you.
Love you always,
Osa.

Letter said:
Baby,

I wish he would just go after a female for a change but it is doubtful that he ever will. We can joke around a bit, but that is about it. Good because I don't want you to end up getting bad grades and not being able to get a decent job because you could not focus on it. Don't you worry about yourself, because when you are making bad grades because you are thinking too much about me, then I'll be the bad boyfriend. A boyfriend can't be more important than your future, and you need to realize this, Ostensia. Your world can't circle around me. If you want me to be happy, then make good grades, and get a decent job. That's all I ask for. There is absolutely nothing wrong, sweetheart. You are kind of stressing out over nothing. It is the NEWTs you need to be worried about.

I never wanted to be Head Boy, so even if I got it, I would have tossed the badge back to the head of house and tell them to choose someone else. That's just me though. You, on the other hand, will be amazing. Of course you can. I was kind of hinting at it with the white Christmas tree. I don't want to decorate it alone. Collineus, I don't like the sound of him. So you would be better off with me. Invite your siblings too if you want, and I can invite Dietrich and his kids, we can have a huge get together.

With love,
- Damian

Letter said:
Sweetheart,

Damian, you can't help who you fall in love with. Your brother is just looking for someone to be happy for the rest of his life with, whether that be a man or woman, well that'll be for fate to decide. If you really want him to attempt and date a woman again, try introducing him to pretty girls or something. I have no idea why I'm stressing, to be honest. You've never given me a reason to not believe you. I guess I'm just really scared that something's going to happen and I'll lose you. But I'll try to stop worrying and focus on school. Even if I hate doing schoolwork. I'd rather stick a jar of dirt on my head then finish another semester of school, and we both know how much I hate dirt in my hair. I'm more than ready to get out of here.

I still bet you would have been a good Head Boy. A lot of students looked up to you. I know I certainly did. Everyone seems to think I deserve it, but I'm still not so sure. I feel like they could have chosen many other girls that would have done a better than I will. But I can't complain. It's cool having the younger students look up to me everyone and awhile. A white Christmas tree? Oooh I'm so excited! I've missed decorating a tree! We haven't done it in years! I would love to have a little family gathering! I can even attempt cooking a Christmas turkey or something! I've never tried it before, but how hard could it be? You have a fireplace at your house right?

I'm going to need another hoodie of yours soon. The one I currently have is starting to smell like me. Just sayingggg!
Love you always and forever,
Osa.

Baby,

I know you can't. I couldn't help it that I fell in love with you, but then again, it isn't such a bad thing at all that I did. I just don't want to see him hurt again, ever. Since last time, I didn't think he would survive the depression. Instead of having him go after that one guy, Tony or whatever, I can hint at him going for the sister. Since she is a friend of his. Don't be stressing out. We don't want that for your NEWT grades at all. Just trust me, that is all I am asking. You won't lose me easily. I doubt you'll ever do anything that will make me want to leave. Osa, you need to stick out just one more semester. That is all that it would take, just one more semester. You'll hang in there, you have it in you.

You did? I hardly did my school work. I am surprised I passed even just a few classes. I honestly didn't care about much. You did deserve it, sweetie. If you didn't, someone else would be wearing the badge right now. Having little kids look up to you is amazing. You haven't? What stopped you before? We can invite your siblings too, and whomever they are dating. Turkey? Ehh, that sounds good but I prefer ham to be honest. I do have a fireplace, in the den.

Take good care of the hoodie this letter includes! My second favorite.
With love,
- Damian

Letter said:
Sweetheart,

I think us finding one another and falling in love was nothing more than fate, or destiny. Or whatever people are calling it these days. Either way, I'm so happy we found one another. I'll do whatever I can do to help you get your brother his happy ending! Whether it be with a guy or a girl. Graduation is right around the corner it seems, so think I can manage. You're right, I do need to further my education. Just promise me you won't laugh my NEWT scores. I've never been good with taking tests. Especially big ones like this.

Sorry this letter is so short. I need to work on my speech. I have no idea what to say. But I'll think of something inspiring! I really hope you can make it. I love you. I'm sorry for taking so many of your hoodies. I'd give you some of mind to wear but I don't think they'd fit you.

Love you always and forever,
Osa.

Fin.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back