Entertain

Tripudio Incendia

Wand
A Snap Of His Fingers
Trip was walking down the streets, keeping more to himself as usual when he came up on some circus performers on the corner. He saw the man trying to breathe fire and was coughing and spluttering afterwords. He got a slight flashback from before.. but he couldn't quite grasp it. He always got like this when performers where around. And now he felt the urge to do what he did best. He trotted up to them and asked if he could have a go with the spinning fire hooks. They warned him that he would get hurt but he just said, "I'll be fine" he said before lighting each one. The performers went back to their acts and he started to slowly spin the flaming hooks through the air.

Before long he started spinning them around his body faster and faster, making patterns of light through the air. His body moved along with the flames and he did a few flips also. By now most of the performers had stopped to watch. It was a simple art the spinning hooks but he performed it perfectly and with a new twist that enchanted the watcher.

Martine was wandering aimlessly around Brightstone Village - in flat shoes, this time, she'd learnt her lesson from wearing heels. She was bored and lonely and a little homesick - but of course, she'd never admit that to anybody. Martine was too tenacious. Nothing would send her back to Belgium. Not until she'd achieved something in New Zealand, and really, she was yet to achieve anything.
Spinning lights - flames - caught Martine's eye. Intrigued, Martine trotted down the street, towards the source of the light, where she saw a group of circus performers, enraptured by this one man who was, quite literally, playing with fire. It was captivating. Martine's eyes were locked to the performing man, spinning fire and making patterns in the air. She stood, rooted to the spot, unable to tear her eyes away. Now, that's what I call magic, she thought, a small smile playing on her lips.

Trip really didn't mean to take the performers spotlight, he really didn't. But they didn't seem to mind that much anyway. He now regretted keeping his shirt and coat on as it was getting rather hot. he would have to Finnish up before he dehydrated to much. He noticed a girl in the crowd with a smile touching her lips. He couldn't help by let a slight smile touch his lips to before he put both hooks in one hand and then slowly tilted his head back and moved them into his mouth and kept going. The flames still on the hooks. and when they came out, there wasn't anything but a slither of smoke trailing from them.

He dropped the hooks for a moment before bringing his hand up to his mouth and then blowing out, bellowing an 8ft stream of fire from his mouth into the air. It curled around for a minute before fading away. He gave a slight bow and the performers tried to shake the gawping expressions from their face and get back to their performance. He moved over to a street lamp and lent against it, his eyes not leaving the girl that stood in the crowd. He took his water bottle form his bag and started drinking. Fire dried your throat out pretty quick for some reason

Martine was absolutely hooked, amazed by the man's skills. She couldn't look away, even if she was terrified for him as he swallowed the flames. She knew that was the effect he was going for, and it definately worked. He was most likely safe as it looked as though he knew what he was doing, but still, Martine could not help but feel fearful, even if she didn't know the man.
Suddenly, he blew a stream of fire from his mouth. Martine had to physically stop her jaw from dropping, as her eyes widened in astonishment. She was in her twenties, but she felt like a little girl again, watching carnival performances in awe with the other kids in her neighbourhood. The man took a bow, and Martine smiled, her eyes meeting those of the fire twirler's. As he walked over and leant against a lamp post, his eyes still on hers, Martine felt herself moving towards the man, in order to express her appreciation of his performance.
"You're very good," she said shyly, in her accented English - although her accent was not nearly as strong as it had been when she had arrived in New Zealand a couple of months ago. "I was very impressed. That was incredible."

Trip was still drinking when the girl he had been looking at before came over to him and told him how good he was. She had a slight accent but he couldn't quite place it. "Well.." He was used to a cheering crowd but not one on one encounters by people, "Im glad you liked it" He put the cap back on the water bottle and let his bag drop the ground beside him. "I like to do a show here and there" he said with abit of a chuckle. He didn't quite mention that playing with fire was all he really could do. And he certainly did not mention that he could only remember 5 years of his life. You just don't go telling that to strangers. "So what's your name?".

Martine smirked. "I noticed," she joked. It was very showy, playing with fire, but it was nonetheless impressive. Extremely impressive, indeed. Martine could never trust herself to play with fire like that. Indeed, although she didn't like to admit it, she was fearful when performing spells like Incendio. Which was, of course, an impairment for an aspiring Auror. However, most of her spell work was exceptional, it was just that on occaision, she would get fearful - pointlessly, stupidly so. "It's a very good show, though, be proud," she said, with a kindly grin. "My name's Martine," she replied, with a mock-curtsey. "What's yours?"

Trip couldn't hep but laugh when she joked about noticing. It was true that it was rather hard not to notice him at times. She then told him to be proud and he could only respond with, "I love what I do" And it was true. The flames that he danced with, shared his life with, worked with, meant more to him then anything he could remember. Fire wasn't just a prop in an act, It could have humor or malice and he treated it as if it were alive. She told him her name and went down into a mock curtsey to which he replied with a jester-like bow, "Tripudio Incendia". He was given that name by the man that had found him on the shores at obsidian harbor when he first showed his talents again. 'Dancing Flame'. "And what is your..profession?" He asked in a slightly curious voice.

"Love of your work is always a good thing," Martine nodded. It was true - Martine knew that if she got the job she wanted as an auror, she would love her job more than anything else in the world. She had loved studying it and she knew she would love trying to eradicate the evil in the world and restoring harmony and balance - as overdramatic as that sounded. She herself was not a pureblood witch, and she knew she had just as much right to wield a wand as a pureblood or a muggle born witch. Her passion was restoring equality to the world. "Wow, a very interesting name. I like it," she said, with a smile. It suited him - different, yet somewhat beautiful. "I...am waiting to hear back from the Ministry. I worked for the Ministry back home, in Brussels, then I moved here. So technically, I have none at the moment," she laughed, feeling as though she was probably harassing the poor man. "How long have you been doing this, if you don't mind me asking?" she asked, intrigued.

Trip caught that she thought his name was interesting. well it was in another language, "Yes.. Latin" He gave her the slightest smile as he said it. "A ministry job?" With him he normally saw it as, 'leave the ministry alone and they leave you alone', kinda thing but he supposed they weren't all as stuck up and pushy. I mean if there were more like Martine here, things would be much better in his mind.
She asked how long he did this, clearly meaning the fire twirling. "As long as I can remember" He had to stop himself from laughing. It sounded like such a long time when you say it.. But as he could not remember before the age of 20. He couldn't help but let a snicker past his lips.

She could tell Tripudio was a little incredulous at the prospect of working in the Ministry. Indeed, Ministry workers did not have the greatest reputation. Could be worse, it could be the Daily Prophet. At least Ministry workers were slightly better than journalists. At least I didn't tell him what job I was going for... She kept that carefully guarded. You didn't just announce that you were an Auror, just like you didn't announce that you were a Death Eater. Of course, the former was more respectable than the latter, but still, it was not something you shared with the general public. Martine tilted her head to the side, just slightly, as Tripudio snickered at his own statement, but knew better than to ask. "Ministry, yeah, it's better than the Daily Prophet, but only just," she joked, with a wide smile. She hoped she would not personify the corrupt, stuck-up Ministry worker that most people seemed to see when looking at the Ministry. Still, she could not judge her own character.

"Oh they aren't that bad" He paused and gave her a smile, "I just had a run in with a few Aurors' and officials and they weren't too happy with me because I wouldn't answer their questions" Not that he actually could answer their question. He wakes up on a shore to see that friendly old man and not more then a day later all these ministry people come asking him who is is and why hes here and all this other nonsense. How was he supposed to suddenly remember? They even tried to extract the memories but there was nothing there. "Of course they are better then the daily prophet... evil scheming, leaching journalists trying to scrap up whatever nonsense they can find"

Martine nodded, extremely glad she had not told him in which branch of the Ministry she was intending to work. Of course, his answer aroused a slight suspicious in Martine. If he would not answer their questions, what does this mean? Is he a criminal? Should I be on my guard? She could feel her wand in her pocket, and she could perform a good few charms without it, so she would be fine if he attacked. However she didn't want him to be suspicious of her, so she would do nothing for the moment, except be on her guard. "Urgh, it would be a difficult job. I could never work as a journalist. I am sure there are some respectable journalists out there, but there always seems to be an element of corruption. Especially in the Daily Prophet." Martine shook her head, reading the Daily Prophet always had something that made her feel sick - the poor writing, the scraping the bottom of the barrel for stories... "Anyway, are you from New Zealand?" she asked, curious.

((The hilarious thing is, I should be writing a Journalism assignment right now...))

(( Well this is much more fun ^_^ ))

She seemed to tense up ever so slightly after his answer and trip wondered if she was suspicious of him. Perhaps she thought his was a criminal and he would attack her. The thought amused him. He was a travelling fire juggler and knew little to nothing about magic apart from fire. So unless she couldn't use a fire protection spell or some sort, which there must be, he wouldn't be able to do a thing against her. She noted about Journalism being a hard job and he chuckled, "That's the understatement of the century" And then agreeing, " Especially the Daily Prophet... I wont even buy it anymore".

Then she asked another slightly awkward question which he had to pause a moment before answering, "...I spose you could..say that" He flashed her a slightly nervous smile. He had no idea where he was from but he didn't think he was from new zealand as he was found sea worn on the shore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back