Enjoying the Spring

Kari gave her a bright smile and nodded. He was glad that she felt she could share some of her problems with him. He always loved helping people. He had to admit, he really liked talking to her. He didn't have any friends save for his love. She would probably be a nice person to talk to. He started to frown when she ask what he did for fun. "I don't know. My life is pretty boring." He chuckled. "With out Kala I'm pretty lost. What do you like? Maybe you can give me a few ideas?" He laughed, his deep voice rolling.

Irene shook her head. "No way! I don't believe you're boring" she said easily. When the question was turned back to her, Irene shifted in her seat. "Oh, I dunno. I'm kind of boring" she said with a giggle. "I'm so busy with the dinette these days so I never have time for anything." She shrugged, "I like to read and watch quidditch, I guess."

Kari wrinkled his nose. "Yuck, reading. I've never been one for quidditch too." He laughed. He liked that they didn't like the same things, would make it harder and more interesting when they did find something in common. He gave her a look of intrigue, something catching his attention. "SO you work in a diner? My mother used to do that before I was born. What do you do? Wait tables?"

Irene smirked as Kari wrinkled his nose. She didn't mind the fact that they didn't have similar interests. Although some people might expect friends to have a lot in common, she knew that mere hobbies weren't as important as having common values and just getting each other.

At his question, Irene nodded. "Sometimes...if it is really busy" she said with a smile, "Mostly, I'm behind the counter making sure everything is going ok. I actually own the place" she said proudly.

Kari's smile grew. "That's great! Really amazing! I'm very happy for you." He was being genuine about it. He was glad she was doing well. Kari was sure she was a good person and deserved it. "So is it fun? Running your own place I mean."

Irene's smile widened at Kari's happiness for her. She nodded when he asked if it was fun. "Yea. I get to meet lots of people from around here. It's a lot of work though. This is actually my first day off since we opened" she said in disbelief. So far, it had been enjoyable and she was glad that she had chosen today to take her day off.

"You and Kala should drop by sometime. We've got the best butterbeer ever. It'll be on the house." she said excitedly, wanting to meet the little sister he spoke so lovingly about.

Kari nodded. He wasn't sure how Kala would feel about that though, she was very anti-social for her age. So instead of saying what he was thinking he smiled wide and exclaimed. "I'm sure she'd love that, she is always being for me to take her places." It wasn't complete lying, she did want out of here. Here being New Zealand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back