enjoying the day

Rubie Silverfox

Rubie walked down to the lawn, the daffodill's were now beginning to grow, annd bloom; a sign that winter was over. She breathed it the fresh air, and took a seat below one of the trees. She began to hum a song that had been in her head for most of the morning, while fiddling with a twig.

Charlene was jogging around the lawn when a girl walked near her and began picking daffodills. She stopped and approached the girl. "Nice day today, isn't it?" She smiled. "I've always thought daffodils were pretty, personally. Lots of people are annoyed at 'em though." She shrugged. "I'm Charlene Jung. Gryffindor." She dipped her head and held out her hand so the girl could shake it.

Anastacia had finally ventured outside the school grounds. It was a day when none of her classes were on and therefore she could not possibly be accidentally late for any of them. With her long blonde hair tied safely back into a french pleat, she found herself on the lawn in front of the school. She noticed a tree and saw some people from her class over under the tree.
Walking over to them, she hadn't figured that she would have to talk to them until much too late. Her fears crept up quickly but she gave them a warm smile and sat down by them gracefully. 'Hey,' she said to them brightly as she realised that they had been talking about daffodils. 'I kno, such beautiful flovers are zey not?' she agreed with them, hoping they'd understand due to her accent.

Rubie smiled at the company

"Rubie Silverfox, Gryffindor too" she replied with a smile at Charlene, and shook her hand lightly. "Daffodils are pretty, not much annoyness about them really" she remarked.

Another girl came over, and said hello, Rubie recognised her from Gryffindor.

"Yeah" she replied to her, smiling.

As the blonde-haired girl walked closer, Charlene saw that she was also a Gryffindor. She grinned. "Awesome! We're all Gryffindors!" She took a seat on the ground, sitting crossed-legged, and leaned back against the tree. "Man, school's great! I've never had this much free time in my life." Not that she ever did much work back home either though. Charlene smiled to herself.

"So where are you all from?" Charlene asked, taking out her iPod. She knew it was sorta rude to be listening to music while having a conversation, but seriously, she was deprived of music, and she needed it badly. Even if it wasn't singing; listening was better than nothing. "I'm from Korea myself. 100% Korean," she said proudly.

"New Zealand" Rubie replied with a smile. "What you listening to?" she asked curiosly, knowing that it was some sort of music playing device muggles used.

"It's in Korean," Charlene replied, showing her the screen of her iPod. The song "Again & Again" was playing at the moment. "I'm gonna audition for an entertainment company thing when I get back, so I've been practicing lots. I don't think you'd know the song though. Most people 'round here don't."

Anastacia listened as the girls welcomed her into their conversation easily. She laughed as Charlene announced she had never had this much free time before. To be honest, Ana had to agree. Most of her time was filled with lots of different things even though she enjoyed them greatly. She watched as Charlene took her iPoD out and started listening to it. She thought is slightly rude but didn't comment. After all, everyone was brought up differently.
'I am from Russi,' she answered to the girls though it was slightly later. 'Hmm, I have never heard ze song. But zen, I don't normally listen to many ozer zings except for Russian, Slovakian and English songs.' she told the girls, a smile on her face. She wondered what the song sounded like. Maybe it was her type of music but maybe not. 'Do you play an instrument zen?' she asked Charlene wondering what she'd be auditioning for.

Rubie smiled too.

"No I haven't heard of that either" rubie said, she too wondered if Charlene played an instument, she thought about saying that she was a singer, but decided to wait until Charlene replied as Anastacia had asked her.

Charlene smiled. "Ooh I've never really heard anything other thank Korean songs. A few English songs though. And yeah, I've been playing piano for a long time now, and I sorta just started guitar. My dad says he'd help me compose my own song soon! So I've been practicing for that. How bout you guys?"

Rubie smiled

"Cool" she replied "Well, I sing, so voice instrument really" she said with a smile.

"Ah really?" Charlene exclaimed happily. "I sing too! I'm actually planning to audition at the entertainment company that my dad works at once I get back to Korea next summer!" She beamed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back