Enjoying Spring

Kaela McIlvoy

Kaela walked out onto the lawn, sick of being cooped up in the castle. The Spring weather was gorgeous and she just wanted to bask in it as she studied. Picking a rather large tree Kaela sat down with her bag beside her and took out her notes, beginning to go over them. I wonder if anyone else will be studying outside she thought, kind of hoping someone would come out and keep her company.

Courtney noticed Kaela lurk out of the castle, so she decided to follow her. She felt guilty that they hadn't really spent much time together apart from the instances of begging Kaela to play the trumpet. She strolled up to the tree where Kaela was sitting and plumped herself down at the opposite side. "Hey Kaela, whatcha doing?"

Courtney smiled, "just getting some fresh air. I love the Summer." She dug in her pocket and pulled out two fake galleons. "Here, take one of these. I've had them for a while. I think it might be cool for us to try them out."

((Ha, it is summer now. Go figure.))

"A fake galleon," Kaela said as she took it from Courtney. "You sure you want to give this to me?"

Courtney began to laugh, "I'm pretty sure I have no choice in the matter now, considering I just gave it to you!" She playfully rolled her eyes, "of course I want to give it to you, silly! Now lets test if these babies actually work!"

"Oh, they do. I play with them at work sometimes. Sadly the place has been pretty empty lately." Kaela looked down at her galleons and mad eis say Hi Courtney!

Courtney looked down at her galleon and was surprised to that it actually said something. "Oh!", she gasped. She then let out a small giggle and made the galleons say, Kaela has a purple beard.

Kaela shook her head at the galleon and looked to Courtney, raising her left eyebrow at her. "You're weird, you know that?"

Courtney nodded, "Of course! Think of how boring life would be if it weren't for a bit of weirdness here and there." She tossed her galleon in the air and caught it. "You know, these could come in handy, especially during exam time!"

Courtney put her finger to her mouth, "Shhhh! I was only joking! Plus it wouldn't necessarily be cheating, it would be more like taking advantage of our options." She glanced around to make sure nobody had heard Kaela's outburst.

Kaela looked in shock at Courtney, lowering her voice to a whisper. "Courtney, you're crazy. We can't possibly do something like that."

Courtney grinned at Kaela, and continued to whisper, "Hey, I don't know. I haven't exactly been caught doing anything wrong yet, we seem to have awesome luck. If you find yourself having trouble on an exam, my offer still stands."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back