Enjoying Music

Hillary Crespo

Hillary smiled as she found a spot to sit. It was against a tree not too close to the edge of the cliff. She didn't want to fall. She sat against the tree with her guitar in her lap, trying to think of a song to play. When she thought of one, she played it. It was "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. During the song, she noticed someone walking nearby. She continued playing and singing because it made her happy, and it wasn't like the person was interrupting. At the end of the song, she decided to say something to the girl.

"Hello," she said. "I'm Hillary Crespo."

Belle unsually wasn't with her twin today. Apparently he had some quidditch practice or something. Taking a walk along the cliffs on her own, Belle paused when she heard some music. Her blonde hair was flying around in the wind, and she just stood, stood watching a girl singing with a guitar on her lap. Belle hadn't heard someone so young play something so well. When she introduced her name, Belle smiled, "Nice to meet you Hillary. I'm Belle. Belle Harrison. First Year Gryffindor." she said in her small voice, shenever got bored of saying that.

"I'm a first year Hufflepuff," Hillary said with a smile. "Nice to meet you, as well. So any reason you're walking around here? Don't tell me you're about to jump off of this cliff, please."

She winked as she said the last part to let Belle know it was a joke. She put her guitar in to the case and stood up so it wouldn't be as awkward with one of them standing and the other sitting down.

"I just came here to enjoy music," she said. "It's pretty hard to do that when you have a ton of people staring at you and asking how you can do it and all that. It isn't annoying, but when you're trying to enjoy music and there are a million people, that makes it pretty annoying."

Belle nodded, "I can imagine." she said. "And of course i'm not. Ive just come from my class. I was going to find my brother but i can't be bothered. We've been way too close recently." her blonde hair flying around in the wind. "You're good at music" she smiled. Belle was very small for her age, and she was often called a pixie, although when she needed to she could be much the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back