Daniella Walker

Dani || Unsure Wanderer || Piano and Swimming
OOC First Name
Marga
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
It's getting very crowded in the dormitories, Daniella had decided for the day before she headed out of the Gryffindor Common Rooms in a rush. It wasn't really that there were more people in the dorms, it's just that, one of her roommates was very... excitable. Dani didn't really mind - most of the time. She had to admit though that while it was fun to hear chatter sometimes, the amount that her roommate could do alone needed some getting used to. Especially for her that was used to not sharing room space being an only child. The young Gryffindor was walking around the hallways before she stopped in front of one of the large windows overlooking the Great Lawn. It was such a beautiful day that it could not hurt to wander outside. Sure it would be slightly cold because of the remnants of winter, but the sun was shining so bright that it would surely be worth it. Summer couldn't come fast enough in Daniella's opinion. Decided, she stalked back to the dormitories to grab her Gryffindor robes and a fluffy aqua scarf just to keep herself warm against the chill should there be any.

It wasn't a very long trip before Dani found herself in the castle grounds. She had been right that the warmth of the sun was well worth the trip and even if there was the chilly wind blowing every now and then, it wasn't really bothersome when compared to the wind that blows during the dead of winter. She just wished she didn't forget to bring a book though, would have been nice to lounge about in the lawn in the current weather. It was then that Dani heard noise - mostly yells and something hitting, well, something. She wasn't quite sure what but it would be pretty interesting to see. Apparently, the source of sounds was in the Quidditch Pitch - it looked like the Gryffindor team was training - or tryouts perhaps? She wasn't really sure. She wasn't even sure if she was allowed to be there right now, but it all seemed so fun to watch. So she stayed, seated quietly by the sidelines - minding the balls that were flying around.

Jatin TIwari was having a blast so far at Hogwarts New Zealand. He had not started learning any magic yet, and he was excited about that too. However, he was surprisingly calm at the moment. He was just walking around and exploring the grounds. He had taken a new interest in this sport called Quidditch. Jatin had no clue what it was, but he was interested in it because magic was his life now. His brother was here and Hilton had attended here as well, so he had a lot of expectations riding on him. Jatin managed to make his way to the Quidditch Pitch, and it looked like the Gryffindor team was working out. He looked up at the sky to watch them zoom around in the sky. All Jatin knew was that he wanted to play too. However he stopped himself from impulsively running into the field. He did not know if it was dangerous. There were bats involved! He sat next to a girl that was sitting on the sidelines. "Do you know how to play this game? I don't know how to play it." he told her in a bit of a sad voice.

Daniella was silently watching as the game - was it a game? - or training - it's quite possibly just training - progressed. All the players were zooming by so fast that Daniella could only imagine how exhilarating it must be to zoom around the pitch. She wondered if she would ever like playing Quidditch - she never really liked ball games after all, but it seemed like it would be fun to try. Well, she didn't even know how to fly yet so deciding on trying Quidditch could wait another year, she supposed. Minutes after spending her time alone, Dani was quite surprised to find someone suddenly sit beside her. A boy - a vaguely familiar boy. She gave a small smile at the boy who seemed so sad and thought for a while. "Not personally. I've only heard stories," she said before she looked back at the pitch. "See those people with the bats? They're called beaters. My dad was one when he attended school, they keep those big flying balls away from everybody, like baseball," she said before pointing to a player hovering by the hoops. "That's the keeper. They try not to have any ball go through the hoops see? It's like football, except players are flying. Chasers throw the ball through the hoops," she said before she leaned back, her arms supporting her from behind as her eyes wandered around the Pitch. "There's also someone called Seeker. I can't remember what they're trying to find though but I remember Dad saying that if they find it, the game ends and the team wins," she said while trying to find the seeker of the team, not really succeeding. She hoped that her explanations helped the boy though, she couldn't remember much about Quidditch after all - she'd never really been a big fan, didn't help that she grew up in a muggle community either.

Jatin listened intensely as the girl explained to him what Quidditch was. At the sound of it, he fell in love. It was like three sports in one! That sounded so fun! However, he did not even know how to fly, so how was he going to play the game later? He was going to ask Kishen about how he could join the Quidditch team. It seemed like each house had their own team, so he would have to try out for the Gryffindor one. "That is so cool!" he said happily, his energy picking up now that he knew what to look for in the sky. His eyes could easily follow the players in the sky, but since he did not know what the seeker was supposed to be doing, he did not know how to find them. "Have you played before? Was it fun?" he asked, even though he should have waited until she answered the first question before he asked the next one. "How does one fly?" he asked soon after. Obviously a person used a broom, but just how did it work?

Dani was glad that she was actually able to help as it seemed that the other boy finally smiled, his whole being seemed to be bouncing with energy - it was a serious 180 that could have given the young girl a whiplash. It was so interesting to find someone whose mood could change in seconds. The Gryffindor returned to watching the players until the other student asked if she had ever played. Dani shook her head, "I've only heard stories. My Dad used to play," she said in reply. She wasn't really sure if Quidditch was fun, it looked painful to get hit with one of the flying balls. But it must be exhilarating to be zooming through the air. "Uh... I'm not sure... Magic maybe?" she said with much uncertainty as she winced. Dani could have hit herself with that lame answer. Magic really? So original.

Jatin was the type that had mood swings. He was a growing boy, so his moods were always as stable as older students. This girl seemed very interesting to him because of how much she knew about the magical world. Kishen had told him very little about this new world, and it was frustrating because he was not on the same wavelength as many of the other students here. He laughed when she said that magic was how the brooms worked, well clearly! However, he was not laughing to make her feel bad. He just thought it had been a funny statement. "Well, I figured out that much." he smiled. "My name is Jatin Tiwari. All my siblings have gone here, but they haven't told me much about it." he introduced himself politely.

Daniella knew that she was definitely now very very red. That answer was definitely not her best moment - it was so embarrassing. The guy definitely found it amusing though and Dani supposed she had done something right if the guy was now smiling and laughing - even if it was really at her own expense. The young girl gave a polite nod at the boy's introductions before beginning her own, "Daniella. Daniella Jade Walker. I don't have any siblings but my Dad always told me stories about the magic world." She wasn't sure though how to continue the conversation from there - it wasn't actually everyday that she managed to talk with other people.

Jatin did not feel like he was laughing at the girl, rather he felt that he was just laughing in general. Everyone was not always on their best foot, and he understood that completely. Jatin himself felt that he was not always at his best. However, he still kept going even though he was not on his best all the time. That was how the first year understood life. "I don't know why, but I love Quidditch. I haven't even played yet, but it seems like so much fun. I have to learn how to fly first though. I heard we have flying lessons, right?" he asked and looked at the girl curiously. He wasn't sure if the information he had gotten was correct.

Daniella really, really did not know how to handle this person except to smile hesitantly and to answer whatever question the boy may have. He was overwhelming and she was trying her very best to keep up with him and the worst things was, she wasn't even sure if she is managing to keep up or not. Well, at least she didn't have to worry about keeping the conversation alive, Jatin was pretty much doing it by himself. "We do. I'm looking forward to it too," she said agreeably before looking over at the team that was still doing their practice. "What position would you like to try?" she said as she tried to actually be an active participant in this conversation. Conversations were typically two-way after all, were they not?

Jatin did not know much about wizarding culture, and it agitated him a little bit. However, he pushed that agitation down so that he could be pleasant to Daniella. "I hope flying lessons aren't boring. The subject itself sounds fun, so I hope it will be fun." he added. He felt like the teacher could heavily effect how the lesson could go. Flying seemed like a very interactive subject, so he doubted that it would be boring. Jatin shrugged. "Maybe chaser? I want to try and put the ball in the hoop! It's kind of like basketball!" he exclaimed.

Daniella nodded at the boy's worries. She didn't want Flying to be boring either - especially after hearing about it from her father, and actually watching the Gryffindor team soaring through the air having fun during their practice. It certainly looked fun and she hoped as well that the professor would make sure that it stayed that way. "Yeah, it sure does look that way, doesn't it," she said with a smile, basketball wasn't a bad sport - it looked fun when she would watch the boys from her old school play it, she wanted to join of course but they had always kept the girls away from playing. It was sort of fine with her, Daniella preferred swimming after all. "Playing seeker would be so exciting," she said with a sigh as she looked at the team, wondering how it'd feel to actually play the sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back