Enemies in the Making

Matthew Narco

OOC First Name
Nick
Matt's mouth widely opened at amazement as he entered the quidditch pitch. "Do they really play quidditch here?" Matt's mind over-flowed with memories from when he was little. He remembered how his dad would throw golf balls while he was on his child broom. His dad would throw soccer balls through a hula hoop and he would have to catch them. He would zoom through the house with his dog chasing him, and pretend he was holding the quaffle. Matt was so glad to finally come to an actual quidditch pitch. Curiously, Matt began to inspect the area.

Rebecca was so upset about everything. Right now this school had brought on more bad things than good. She just wanted everything to be like she had planned, get good grades, have tons of friends, and be the center of attention whenever she walked into the room. This was not how things were going. So far she already had a bully that she was afraid to tell anyone about, and they were much bigger than her so she couldn't defend herself. So Rebecca had been walking trying to blow off some steam, when she found herself in the quidditch pitch. It was a interesting place but it couldn't completely take her focus off what she had been thinking about. That was when she heard a boy to the left of her, she hadn't thought anyone was with her. "Of course they do, It is the quidditch pitch." She said coldly.

Matt turned and looked at Rebecca, "Oh, I didn't know I was being followed by anyone." Nick felt a surge of anger, "Let me guess, you are a Slytherin. You put yourself ahead of others, you want to be the center of attention, and you treat people like animals." Matt turned around and kept walking around.

Rebecca laughed at the boy. He thought he had things figured out but really Rebecca wasn't that horrible. There were people far worse then herself on this planet. "Yes I'm a Slytherin, I am better than most, and I can't help it if when I walk into a room people stare." She knew she was pretty but to young to care about it too much. She knew it would come in handy later though. "And in case you didn't now some people are animals, haven't you ever been to school before?" She said following the boy.

"Why are you following me, huh? Do you have a crush on me or something?" Matt continued walking, but now he was moving faster now.

Rebecca mad a look that made her look sick, "Crush! On you." She snickered "Ha, You really believe I could fall for you?" She looked at the boy and picked up her pace she could have caught him but she felt like playing a little cat and mouse. She was having a good time with this one. It was unfortunate that he had caught her in a bad mood, she was going to take her anger out on him, and there was no one here to stop her.

"Then stop following me," Matt turned around, folded his arms, and stared at her. "So, what do you want?"

Rebecca shook her head, "Because you keep walking away while I'm talking to you." She said coldly. She knew what she was doing was wrong deep down but she was really angry. She had a right to be, she had her own bully. But she was descending to his level. Something she knew she shouldn't but at the moment was blinded by rage.

"Why are you talking to me if you only have negative things to say?" Matthew was smug and knew that she wouldn't be able to answer that easily.

Rebecca smiled, this boy really thought he was something "Maybe I can find nothing positive to say about you." She knew he wouldn't like that. This boy was really to easy for her to torment it made her feel bad. But then she thought of her parents and her bully and justified all she was doing.

Matt began to laugh, "So why would you want to talk to me?" Matt scooped up snow from the ground and packed it into a ball. "If you think I'm stupid, annoying, and ugly, then why are you so intrested in talking to me."

Rebecca saw what he was doing and quickly scooped up a ball. "You were here, and you should be honored I'm talking to you. But truthfully I have anger issues and I was just waiting to do this!" She said slamming the snowball at him and hitting him squarely in the jaw. She knew it must have hurt and laughed. She got ready for him to retaliate, she was quick and knew he probably wouldn't hit her.

Matt chucked the snowball at her, hitting her in the stomach. "Why would I be honored?" Matt quickly began making snowballs, and got ready to throw them.

Rebecca started her own pile of snow balls too, not affected by being hit, "Because I don't see why anyone would spend any time over pathetic little you, especially me." She really knew she had to be cutting deep into his self-esteem and it was what she needed right now someone to feel as miserable as she was. She chucked a few more snow balls at him. "I just needed someone to mistreat and you were conveniently here, why else would anyone take notice of a thing like you?" She said getting to dodge more snowballs.

"Maybe because I'm not a jerk, and I don't treat people I just met badly." Matt began to walk out of the quidditch Pitch.

Watching as he walked out of the pitch, she thought about what Paul, her friend not her brother would have thought if he knew about this. She sat down and realized what an awful person she could be. What had he said? 'Your not like the other." A tear fell down her cheek if only he knew. She was worse than some of the others. She hoped she never had to see this Hufflepuff again, she knew if she did it would be too hard to explain her wrongdoings. She stood up again and left through a different exit. She wouldn't let the boy see her, not like this.
End

Users who are viewing this thread

Back