Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Ever since the demonstrations a year or so ago, Estrella had been wary everywhere she went in New Zealand. Who knew what those cloaked demons would do next? She didn't believe the Death Eaters got most of their kicks out of huddling together and staring people down. Be that as it may, they'd have to be nuts to wear their masks and robes on such a sunny day. The mother of four decided it was safe enough to picnic in the park.

Estrella claimed the shade beneath the nearest tree and got to work. She waved her wand furiously, conjuring a perfectly pressed blanket and watching it float to the ground. The witch summoned the lunch basket and plopped down. Estrella began to call her children over to eat, realizing all too late that only three had heard her. This didn't register until Olivia, Seth, and Slade bounded over for their meal.

With little worry in her voice, Estrella asked her eldest where Lydia was. Olivia shrugged and reached into the picnic basket. Seth and Slade didn't give anything away. Rising slowly, the witch called for her missing daughter, the call giving way to a shout and the shout to a holler.

"Lydia! LYDIA LORELEI!"

Just weeks ago, Harold was too busy wandering as he was looking for a decent job. Now, he seems to be relaxed now that the Ministry accepted him. The job that he applied for was obviously related to sport though being a Ministry Official wasn't his first choice for a job. There are still some moment that he wanted to return to his profession as an instructor or professor as he was pretty much used to reaching students. Still living alone was pretty much different now, Harold just rented a new apartment near the town where he could stay for like a year or so. New Zealand seems to capture Harold's heart from time to time, as he is still moving on after years of heartbreak. Luckily he was free for the day that he decided to roam around the Brightstone Village, Harold decided to stop near a park known as Takarokaro Park.

It wasn't his first time visiting the place,as he remembered he had met someone here before. As always Harold was wearing his casual clothes, plain jeans with his white shirt over a blue plaid shirt. His hair smoothly combed backward exposing his bright blue eyes. A smile represented his mood today, as it going to be a pleasant day. Harold wasn't that hungry that he decided to bring just some cans of soda and bottled water, then some salami and turkey sandwich. Ever since Harold wasn't much fund of eating massive amount of food. The only reason his body was big, due to his muscular body shape. As he was too busy looking around and wondering where to sit. He heard a voice of a woman yelling for a name, Harold's nature was being helpful to strangers. Without even thinking he approached the woman and started to ask her. "Pardon me Madam, is there something wrong? and May I help you if that is alright? he asked her, hoping he didn't sound a bit too straight forward, weird or something.

Estrella yanked her wand from her pocket. She'd shred the grass, uproot every tree, and pull down the sky to find her daughter. The witch told Olivia to stay close to her brothers. Before she began to tear up the lawn with every charm and spell jammed in her skull, a man she didn't recognize approached her.

She wasn't used to being called Madam, but she didn't register that right now. Nervousness raged through her bones. "My daughter walked off," she groaned, "she's three and about this tall." Estrella squeezed her fingers together and held her hand inches below her waist to show him. She almost mentioned that Lydia was curious as a crup; it was likely what had carried the girl away.

Harold was used to people panicking, though he was pretty much different as he always remained calmed. In the past he was a bit of a worried bee but everything changed when he had met his wife Elaine. Everything changed and remained up to now that is, he tried to calm down the lady who seems to be worried to death about her daughter. Who wouldn't be? though it was different for the lady as her daughter was still alive unlike his son Connor. "I'll find her, she must be near here somewhere. he assured the lady. Harold then began to search the entire park, a little girl wouldn't leave her family alone. Hopefully she was in good hands, just when he was about to return Harold notice a little girl across the street of the park. She was staring at a poster of some cartoon show for girls.

Crossing the road, Harold began to observe the girl inches away and slowly approacehd her. He smiled at the girl, and asked. "Pretty isn't it? the poster." the girl nodded and smiled back at him. "Is your name Lydia? Your mother is worried about you, Shall I return you to her?" he asked with his normal polite voice. Waiting for her answer, Harold turned his back and checked if the family and lady was still there. After the girl agreed he then reached out his right hand and got the girl to return to her mother. "I've found her Madam." he told the lady which was kinda awkward to call the lady Madam as he seems to be young.

Four crying, eating, and sleeping lessons later, Estrella still wasn't sure how to discipline her children. She was sure Jaken would've known what to do right now. Then again, Jaken wouldn't have let Lydia out of his sight in the first place. Estrella frowned as the stranger returned her daughter. Even in the magical world, being a single parent was no gnome toss.

The witch crouched down to Lydia's height and gripped the girl by the shoulders. She was firm with her daughter in explaining that she wasn't to leave her family like that again. Bad things could happen. After all, the little girl didn't want to get eaten by a hag, did she?

Estrella didn't care if what she'd said was conventional or not; at least it had some hope of seeping into the three-year-old's conscious. Lydia even teared up a little. Hugging the child and kissing her cheek, Estrella guided the girl back to her siblings.

Only when the mother rose did she remember how grateful she was for the Good Samaritan. Beaming at the wizard, she began, "Thank you. I don't know what I'd have done if- well, you found her, so I don't want to think about that." Her face flushed with relief, Estrella asked, "And your name was...?"

Ever since from the start HArold adored children, having them beside him or even sometimes playing with him made him feel like a child again. Other than that he missed his own son Connor, if only he could bring back time once more. He knew how it feels to lose a child, though in the stranger's situation her daughter was still alive. Upon returning the girl to the woman, he saw and observe how the woman handled the situation. It wasn't that bad, still he missed being a parent. Harold simply stood there and smiled while watching the two being reunited.

"It's alright it's always my pleasure to help." he answered her back still gleaming his smile. Harold even glanced back at the girl and smiled at her, hopefully it wasn't awkward for the rest of the woman's children. He was now simply nodding at the words of the woman, then he heard her ask his name. "It's Harold, Harold Garrison Ma'am." he answered back offering a handshake. Working for the past weeks in the ministry made him fond of giving away handshake with other people even outside the workplace. He wasn't sure if it was normal to ask the strangers name, after all it wasn't important for Harold to know her, perhaps it's their first and last conversation or meeting. Hopefully not.

To Estrella, Harold's mannerisms were a bit different. If anything, they amused her. She took his hand with a grin. The wizard's grip was warm, steady. Estrella did her best to bury the crimson that threatened her cheekbones. "I'm Estrella Drage," she responded, "and here we have Olivia, Lydia, whom you've already met, and Seth and Slade." She pointed to each child as she gave their names. They gave her a mouthful of syllables to spit, but she loved her brats all the same.

Now that being calm wasn't impossible, the witch picked up on the American's obvious accent. Hearing him made her miss home. She'd been gone for so long, however, she couldn't tell which region he was from. Estrella was hard-pressed to admit that she was more of a kiwi now than anything.

Crouching down to a kneel and joining her children on the blanket, she opened the picnic basket. The apples and sandwiches stuffed inside were more than enough to go around. Glancing up at Harold, she asked, "Are you hungry? You're welcome to join us if you like." The man deserved at least a cold lunch.

"Pleasure Meeting you Ma'am." he answered back. Harold was used to answering back with Ma'am or Sir since he got accepted into the ministry. The lady have four kids, it seems to be a delight having them. As Estrella introduced the four, he smiled back at them and returned his eyes to Estrella. She seems to be young and lovely, raising four kids at a young age must be touch. "And where might be your husband?" he asked him a bit tad concerned if she was married or not.

Just like Estrella, his wife Elaine had the same flowing hair like her,Elaine had more darker hair as to hers. He can't stop himself staring at her, she was indeed beautiful. He then noticed Estrella asking him he wanted some food to eat, even though he was hungry he didn't wanted to disturb their family bonding. "Oh Thank You but I'm just fine myself. Obviously he was shy around ladies and the fact that it was just too much to stay.

Estrella had heard the question so many times she knew it would be asked before it ever slipped from the speaker's lips. Even now, it still managed to knock her on her backside. Her smile shrinking, she turned her attention to the boys. Slade snatched a sandwich from the basket and did something one wouldn't expect of a two-year-old; he gave the other half to his brother. Estrella had a feeling those two would share what they had even after forever.

The witch's answer was nothing but blunt. "He's gone," she stated, "he'll have been dead three years in April." Estrella wasn't worried about her children's reactions. Their father was made of photos and spoken memories, not flesh and blood. The idea of death was fuzzy even for Olivia.

With a shrug, Estrella decided not to nag. After all, if Harold wasn't hungry, he wasn't hungry.

Harold was a bit tad shock when he heard Estrella's response, she seems to be young and be a widow. Just like Harold as he was to widowed, still Estrella's case was different as she was raising her children all alone. "I'm sorry to hear that Ma'am, I didn't know." he answered wondering if the lady was fine. He wasn't sure if it was the right to leave , after it it was his day off and Harold needed anything that would occupy his time.

He stood there not wanting to talk more and discuss the death of Estrella's husband. The air turned into something awkward as the whole situation was, he didn't felt a need to share his story as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back