Full Name:
-Emer Kleah Laude

Date of Birth:
- 10 September 1984

Current Age:

Basic Appearance:
- Blonde hair, blue-grey eyes, wide smile, average build

Personality:
- Philosophical, friendly, kind, gentle, adventurous, hippie-ish.

Family:
- Mother: Lynne Dawne Laude (nee Carowther), b. 11Aug1955, retired nurse., muggle.
- Father: Rosco Burnly Laude, b. 13Nov1949, retired factory worker, muggle.
- Brothers: Jaime Burnkil Laude, b. 15May1982, hairdresser and restaurateur, muggle.
Andre Rosco Laude, b. 17Feb1986, commercial pilot, muggle.
- Husband: Tristham Tiffin Orlando Stalwart, b 27Dec1983, d. 23Apr2020 (aged 36), lighting technician, Outward Bound instructor, muggle.
- Children: Rosiee Beverleigh Shona Lowart, b. 6Jan2010, age 13, halfblood.
Ksaafa Oaken Dae-Shim Lowart, b. 4Oct2011, age 12, halfblood.
Cale Tiffin Jussi Lowart, b. 5Oct2011, age 12, halfblood.
Faxen Jae Ngaio Lowart, b. 29Feb2014, age 9, halfblood.
Oliver Oscar Rosco Lowart, b. 1Sep2016. age 7, halfblood.

Pets:
-None that she 'owns' but her garden attracts all sorts of birds, and she sponsors wildlife conservation projects all over New Zealand and the rest of the world.

Area of Residence:
- Collingwood, New Zealand.

Blood Status:
- Muggle-born

Heritage:
- Fifth generation New Zealander, with English, Irish, French and Welsh blood.

Special Abilities:
-

Interests or Hobbies:
- Dancing, Writing, the Environment, New Zealand, Service.

Additional Skills:
-

Strengths:
- Intelligent, Generous, Creative, Ambitious, Serene.

Weaknesses:
- Prone to addiction, can't say No, somewhat of a doormat.

Favourite place to be:
- On the beach with the kids or in the family studio where creative energies flow.

Friends:
-

Hogwarts House:
- She didn't go to Hogwarts, although she got an invitation to HS when she was 11. She chose instead to teach herself magic, a difficult undertaking, as she is muggle-born. If she had gone, she would have been placed in Ravenclaw.

Best school subjects:
- German, English, Maths, Physics.

Worst school subjects:
- Maths (because she hated it, even though she was top of her class), Biology.

Extracurricular Activities:
-

Graduation:
- Graduated University of Otago 2007.

Current Job:
- Collingwood Community Librarian. Hopes to open 'Natural Magic' in Mākutu Mall.

Plans for your future:
- To get Natural Magic up and running and profitable, to see her kids grow up and have kids of their own and make a positive impact in the world.

Your Patronus:
- A tiger. It has been a protective spirit over her her whole life.

Your Patronus memory:
- First kiss with Tristham.

Your Boggart:
- Herself standing at the very top of a ridiculously tall pole. She's scared of heights. OR her mother-in-law taking away her children.

Your Animagus:
- Weka

Mirror of Erised:
- Tristham coming home.

A page from your diary:
- A young couple have just moved to Collingwood, and the girl, Savannah, came to the library asking about jobs. We chatted for a couple of hours and I'm sure it's a sign for me to move on from the Collingwood Community Library and open Natural Magic. I've met with Dorian Fletchwood a while ago and he has exciting plans for a new mall just outside of Collingwood. It all sounds perfect!
The only problem will be explaining to the neighbours what I'm doing with my time now! The government subsidies for a single mother with five kids should be enough for me to still pump a little money into the local economy. I just hope the kids don't want to go to Hogwarts after this! I couldn't bear sending them away to boarding school!

Meaning of name?
Is blonde your natural hair color?
Do you talk to all your family?
why dont you have any pets?
Why did you choose to teach yourself?
How many children do you have ?
What are their names?
Was tristhram your BF?
Do you own your own house?
is it a nice home?
Does it have a pool?
Do you have any muggle friends?

Hey! Thanks for the questions. I'll answer in character.

Meaning of name?
Emer: Irish, from Gaelic eimh "swift". In Irish legend she was the wife of Cuchulainn. She was said to possess the six gifts of womanhood: beauty, voice, speech, needlework, wisdom and chastity.
Kleah: An unusual spelling for Clare. Means clear, bright, famous.
Laude is a surname of German origin, but as there is no record of German heritage, it is suspected the name is actually from the French side of the family. In French it was used as a metonymic occupational name given to a singer or cantor who regularly sang the Lauds (Latin: laudes ‘praises’), the second part of the divine office.

Is blonde your natural hair color?
Yes, I've never used muggle dye, although occasionally when travelling I have magically darkened both it and my skin in order to attract less attention.

Do you talk to all your family?
Yes. We were never particularly close when I was growing up but we make an effort to keep in touch. My younger brother, I think, is aware that I am a witch, although we've never spoken about it. He is deceptively observant, so although most outsiders would think he'd be the last to know anything, he's actually usually the first. My older brother and parents may have noticed some oddities, but put it down to my mental illness and don't know about magic.

Why don't you have any pets?
I have enough going on in my life with my kids that I don't feel the need for pets. I've always wanted a puppy, and I think it's good for kids to have the experience of having a pet or pets, but the time never seems right. The area where we live is rich in native wildlife, so a dog or a cat would do more harm than good. I had cats and guinea pigs when I was growing up.

Why did you choose to teach yourself?
It seemed like the simplest thing to do. I was scared of telling her parents, as I worried they might think I was nuts. They always commented on my over-active imagination and although I know now that they were proud of me, at the time I thought they were being patronising. I also knew my parents would never be able to afford yearly flights to the UK (I didn't know about any of the magical forms of transport at that time), and as the British Pound is worth three times the New Zealand Dollar, it would have been impossible financially.
However, I was incredibly curious about magic and couldn't just forget about it, so
</COLOR>
kept in regular contact with a staff member at the school, one Minerva McGonagall, who arranged a few pen-pals for her from the school, and sent books from the school library every now and then. She was effectively self-educated.
Emer's love of travel began with her first overseas trip at the age of 16 when, after saving for a year, she managed to send herself on a student exchange programme to Germany. This was life changing, as it turned out she had (by chance!) been placed with a wizarding host family who sent their kids to muggle school and taught them magic at home. They taught her a great deal and even arranged a trip to Durmstrang for her. She was still very shy at this stage though, and didn't manage to make as much as she could have from the experience. Nevertheless, she had the time of her life.
<COLOR color="#000">

How many children do you have ?
Five amazing kids.

What are their names?
Rosiee Beverleigh Shona Lowart, b. 6Jan2010, age 13, halfblood.
Ksaafa Oaken Dae-Shim Lowart, b. 4Oct2011, age 12, halfblood.
Cale Tiffin Jussi Lowart, b. 5Oct2011, age 12, halfblood.
Faxen Jae Ngaio Lowart, b. 29Feb2014, age 9, halfblood.
Oliver Oscar Rosco Lowart, b. 1Sep2016. age 7, halfblood.
Lowart is a combination of Laude and Stalwart, mine and Tristham's surnames.

Was Tristham your BF?
Husband :)

Do you own your own house?
Yes. There is still a little of the mortgage left to pay off, but it's under control.

is it a nice home?
Yes, it's the home of my dreams! Set on 4 acres of mostly native bush, it's close to Collingwood. It was built with the environment in mind and has solar panelling, double glazed windows, its own electric generator and excellent insulation. There were 4 bedrooms when we moved in, but I have magically added some over the years. My bedroom has french doors and opens to a north-facing deck with views of the bush. My two youngest, Faxen and Ollie share a room, as do the 12 year old twins, Ksaafa and Cale. Rosiee has a room of her own.
Upstairs is our studio. It has two walls of entirely of mirrors and a barre running along one wall. The floor is varnished wood and is perfect for dancing on. There is a recording studio with piano a keyboard, drums, bassoon and guitar. I am musically retarded, but fortunately my kids inherited their father's incredible musical talent. There is also a painting area set up that looks out over the forest towards the ocean through the wall that is made entirely of glass. The room is completely soundproof. Of to the side is a small warm carpeted room that I use for writing. It is bare but for a computer that has nothing but a word processor on it, as I cannot write when I have distractions. The studio is completely soundproof.
The kitchen and living areas are simple. There's plenty of room for the kids to move about, but we raised them to appreciate the outdoors and they spend most of their time exploring the wonder that is our back yard.

Does it have a pool?
No, the beach is just a two minute walk away.

Do you have any muggle friends?
Of course. I am still in touch with my best friend from childhood, although she lives now in Australia. I serve on a number of committees for the environment and community development, as well as my volunteer work for girlguiding (I am a Brownie leader). I have a fairly active social life, meeting regularly for writing meetings and such.

Thanks heaps for the questions! They helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back