Elephanting

Austiin Hayes

OOC First Name
Tenilee!
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
Fiji, finally.

And suddenly, it was ruined. Not only had his plans of dabbling in certain areas of magic been destroyed by Cameron's incessant need to have him everywhere, Cameron was also being irrational. The man had hoped that Cameron would just want to be pampered and he could dally off to do what he pleased, things that he knew Cameron would not understand nor accept. Austiin never rarely cheated on Cameron when on holidays. Holidays were simply for relaxation - he had to get out of the country to truly explore magic. Especially when it often wasn't exactly socially correct magic. Everyone hated dead things it seemed, and the necromancer was sure his love was one such person. Merlin, Cameron could barely look at a dead cat on the road, let alone understand Austiin's interests. Which was why Austiin had been hesitant to tell him about his late night work, so had decided to tell him when they were intimate, since he had expected to be able to just brush over the entire thing in an orderly fashion. However, it appeared that it was rather difficult to explain to ones boyfriend that they were a part of an organisation that they had no idea about. It was also difficult to explain to Cameron what it was he did, since he obviously stopped listening after the 'necromancy' part.

"Cameron!" Austiin called, wearing a blanket and dashing out after him. "I don't play with dead things - don't shout that for Merlin's sake," he whispered frantically, finding it fortunate that they were alone. With a wave and an incantation, he made it so other would not hear them. "Do you want to get me arrested?" Now he was panicking, because he had expected Cameron to... well, not run away. And most certainly not freak out like he was. "First of all, calm down. Please." He reached for Cameron's hands to try and forced him to look Austiin in the eyes. "We need to talk about this rationally." And Austiin really needed to know where Cameron fit in all of this, because if he didn't agree to keep Austiin's secret, Austiin wasn't sure what he could do - but he knew it would be nothing good. "Please, don't hesitate to ask any question you want. I'll answer it. I swear. Just hear me out."

Cameron was so happy to be in Fiji. It was Fiji. Sand, surf, beaches, sun, massages, sexy masseuses, Austiin in only swim trunks. What could have possibly been better. "The f#ck, Austiin! Everything. Cameron had been expecting a lovely evening with his beloved boyfriend, wine, dinner, romance, the works. But then Austiin had seen fit to come out with some whacked out way of telling his about his evening activities that Cameron would have been much happier never knowing about. Seething at the absolute foolishness that was his partner, not even caring that he was wearing nothing, Cameron barreled out of the bedroom. "You play with dead things!" Cameron couldn't even process this right now. he was just pacing around the living room, hugging himself in anxiety. This was so wrong in so many different ways and Cameron couldn't process it, wouldn't process it. Why would Austiin tell him something like that? Did he want him to be hunted down and tortured to death? What was this? "Austiin, you've joined a f#cking cult! What am I supposed to think!" Cameron didn't even know what this Scitorari thing was. He didn't want to know, he didn't care. He could ignore it for his entire existance until this moment. Austiin always had to ruin everything.

"Arrested? You're worried about you getting arrested? What about me!?" Cameron had no idea what he was supposed to do. Was he expected to just accept all of this in its stride and go from there? He couldn't do that, could he? He loved Austiin, sure, but... was he prepared to go into something like this? Cameron jumped away from Austiin when he went to take his hands and flinched them back around himself in an attempt to comfort himself. "No! Don't f#cking touch me. Don't!" What else was Austiin going to do to him. Apparently cheating on him wasn't enough it seemed. "Rationally? You pick our intimacy as a rational time to tell me these things. You want me to calm down and now you think we need to talk about this rationally!" Cameron threw his hands up into the air in annoyance and defeat. "I don't know if I want to ask any questions! Are these Pastrami people going to shoot me dead with an unforgivable if I ask the wrong thing?!" Cameron was no longer sure if he was angry or scared, or both, but whatever it was, he really didn't like it. "Is cheating on me not enough for you! Is that it! Now you want me dead too!?"

"The Scitorari is not a cult," Austiin replied, throwing his hands in the air. 'If you stopped screaming and let me explain, then you'd know exactly what to think. I'm not a crazed idiot or some freak poking around corpses in a hidden, underground laboratory." He tried his best not to glare, because that would simply upset Cameron more. "I am exactly the same person."

Austiin sighed as Cameron began to panic. Cameron wasn't doing anything illegal, so he really had nothing to worry about. It wasn't like Austiin would ever incriminate him in anything - he'd sooner take a Dementer's kiss than get Cameron thrown to Azkaban. For starters, Cam wouldn't survive Azkaban, and the kids? They'd need someone taking care of them, and if Austiin were even thrown into Azkaban, he couldn't very well do it, now could he? "Cam..." he pulled his hands away from Cameron as the man flinched at his touch and backed away. He couldn't possibly be scared of Austiin, but it felt that way. "Of course rationally. Whether you like it or not, this has to play out rationally." Perhaps telling him was a mistake. It would have been better to just never tell him. Maybe he could obliviate him? He wasn't used to the spell, but he couldn't let Cameron leave this room without knowing whether he was going to tell anyone about it. The pure-blood didn't want to consider his options if Cameron refused to keep this quiet, but in the back of his mind he noted what he would probably have to do.

If this weren't such a serious situation, Austiin may have laughed at what Cameron called the Scitorari. It was a good thing he was pretty, because sometimes Austiin questioned his lover - for he was not too bright at times. "Cameron, you're talking to me. No-one has to know about this and I'd rather you ask me and get answers from me, rather than harbour anything." If he could explain everything that was worrying Cameron, perhaps he could defuse the situation before Cameron made him do something he'd regret. "You know I won't hurt you, we've known each other since forever," he paused. Cameron cut him off and managed to hurt Austiin more than he probably realised. He kept a straight, calm face, and released a heavy sigh. "Cameron, the last thing I want to happen to you is death. I'd rather go to Azkaban than find you dead, at least believe when I tell you that."

Cameron didn't want to hear any of what Austiin had to say. He didn't know all that much about the group that Austiin had joined but even he had heard the rumours. Going against the ministry and what ever else. This was a bad situation and Cameron had no idea what he was supposed to do. This was not something he had ever had to think about, so why was it happening now. "We know an Auror, Austiin! The mother of your children! Jasper works in the god damn Ministry! Did you even think about this before you f#cking jumped into the deep end!" Cameron wasn't even sure what he was feeling right now. Was he angry? Sad? Confused? Hurt? He was definitely scared and more then a little concerned about what this would mean for them and the kids. Cameron could barely handle this, how would the kids handle it. "Austiin...I know you don't want to hear this, but... I can't deal with this. I can't. Why would you even think this was a good idea?! Playing with dead people, inferi! Is that what this is all about. I always knew there was something about you, but Jesus Christ, Austiin!" Cameron shook his head and slumped onto the lounge, holding his head in his hands. He was painfully aware that Austiin was hovering around him, but what was he going to do. This was ridiculous! Rationality had nothing to do with this conversation because what was rational about a cult. That's what this all was. A cult. Brainwashing young children. Death Eaters didn't exist anymore, not since the downfall of the last Dark Lord, but now there were these people, these Scitronami or something forcing themselves into the minds of everyone else. Cameron gritted his teeth. "Rationality, has nothing to do with this."

Cameron kept his head in his hands. This was not happening. Why did Austiin feel the need to tell him these things. He never told him when he cheated on him, so why did he have to tell him about this. Cameron would have been much happier to have been in the dark. Sighing, Cameron leaned back against the lounge before moving a pillow to drape across his lap. He was feeling a little exposed right now and fighting with Austiin was not making him feel better. He was trying not to distract himself from the current problem, so a pillow was the number one fixer for this situation right now. "Why do I f#cking bother with you Austiin. You don't appreciate anything I do. Why am I even bothering about all of this. I should just let you go and do whatever the hell you want. Your going to anyway right? Why should you let me stop you!" Closing his eyes, Cameron pinched the bridge of his nose and tried to clam himself. At least he was no longer hysterical, but how was that any better really. He had tried to do anything he could for Austiin, helping with his kids and what not, but what was he going to do now. "I suppose you want me to be your little messenger monkey, is that it?" Even so, Cameron would rather lie then tell Austiin's kids what he had become. Was not his sister scared of them. Abby was petrified of Death Eaters as a kid and she still harbored a fear of them now, how were these people any different. "Your own sister is petrified of the very thing you have become and don't you dare tell me this is any different, because we both know its not. These people have some sort of all powerful leader right? F#ck it all to hell, Austiin. You're an idiot if you think there's a difference."

Obviously Cameron was deciding that he would be difficult. He had expected Cameron to just go with it, he went with everything else, and it wasn't like he adored the ministry - he complained about them nearly as much as Austiin did - maybe more. He was blowing this way out of proportion. Austiin had no plans on actually including Cameron in anything, his lover would probably throw up or something. He did, however, pause at the mention of Lexi. Cameron had got him there. Alexia was an auror and was the mother of two of his children. She could potentially get into a lot of trouble, but then again, he wasn't planning on telling her about this, nor was he thinking about letting Jasper in on this either. Their importance was null in this conversation, yet Cameron brought them up. Austiin didn't love Jasper and Alexia - he cared for them as friends, yes, but they were not important enough to know this. Cameron, and perhaps some of his offspring, were. Not all of them, as quite frankly it was almost embarrassing at how soft some of them were. But they were children, he could hardly expect them to be reasonable. Cameron, however, had no excuses. he was a grown man and he should start behaving like a grown man, not like a frightened child. "Cameron, you hadn't realised my activities before," he stated, attempting to cut the other man off before he ran himself into the ground. "Very little has changed,except there is one less problem we have to worry about." As long as Cameron could get a grip, anyway.

Cameron then proceeded to rant. "You don't have to curse, Cameron," Austiin scolded. "I have heard better vocabulary from that of an uneducated sailor." Obviously Cameron had to know, as it was getting annoying to have to hide everything from him. They shared the same space, and that eant that Cameron had access to everything Austiin did, except a select few things that Austiin kept very secret. But even then, Cameron was an adult, and a somewhat capable wizard, if he really tried he could access Austiin's things and then the problem would be even bigger. It was better to explain everything now, rather then deal with a confused Cameron after finding something he really shouldn't have. At the mention of messenger monkey's, Austiin's eyebrow rose quizzically, before seating himself carefully beside Cameron, however he gave him some space,more than he would have usually done. "No," he answered strictly. "Nothing changes. There will be no messenger monkeys, I can, and will take care of myself. I always have. You only go as deep as you want, and nothing more." In fact, Austiin would very much prefer for Cameron to keep his nose clean and not get in on his life. It was hard enough living with him, but working with him would be way too difficult for him to manage.

He folded his arms across his chest finally at the mention of Abbigale. He cared for his sister, but her emotional stability was hardly something that weighed deeply on his mind. "I am not a deatheater, Cameron," Austiin said, even though Cameron had told him not to bother. "My ideals don't stem along the lines of blood purity and death to all muggle-borns, otherwise I would not be loving you, nor would I have any of my children. Such ideology is ridiculous and I don't see that changing." Sure, some Scitorari actually believed that, and Austiin didn't spend that much time with them. They rarely gave him trouble, as he was a pureblood anyway, so it wasn't as if they could get him on the grounds of impure blood. He turned his head to frown at Cameron, not quite glaring, but he was close. "Honestly Cameron, if you still don't know me, perhaps you never did. If you cannot understand my intentions, then think of them no-longer. Don't bother. I don't care whether you cry over this or not, but it is done, and I thought that I may as well let you in on something that is important to me. Next time I'll just continue to lie through my teeth - how about that?"

It was official, Cameron should have known this was coming as it did so often in their relationship. He knew Austiin was immature and rarely understood things in the grand scheme, but he had at least thought, or rather, hoped, that Austiin would understand where he was coming from. As it appeared neither side was really listening to anything that was being said and Austiin was never going to change, he should have known this, hell, he did know he had just chosen to ignore it. Austiin was the same since birth, Abby had ensured him of that and so he was never going to change his views, not on anything. As disappointed as Cameron was about this, there was nothing that could compare to the absolute hurt and anger he felt over a betrayal of this magnitude. He had thought this was over and done with, that Austiin had maybe matured at least a tiny bit, but it seemed that he had been so wrong. How could he have missed this? He shook his head and looked up at his lover with sad, tired eyes and just sighed. "You really don't get it do you, Austiin?" He asked, standing up once again to continue to pace the room. "You are increasing our problems, not dividing them. Why would you think this was a good or even slightly safe road to choose?" He asked, not bothering to look at him, because he knew that he could no longer look at Austiin without wanting to scream and shout and punch into him until he felt better, which, with the way he was feeling, would be never. "You are putting us, all of us, in danger. Didn't you ever pay any attention to those movies I asked you to watch with me?" Cameron was totally out of his depth, he just didn't know what to say anymore.

Austiin was behaving like he normally did, he was blaming everything on Cameron and to be honest, it was really annoying the sh*t out of him, especially now, because none of this was even remotely his fault, not in the slightest. "You know what... you're right. Obviously I never did know you. Maybe that explains why I always expected you to be faithful. Maybe that is why I always expect you to change." He said, bringing up past grievances they had never really solved. "I am the stupid one, I should never have come back. But no, I always have to keep forgiving you, and returning to the same half-arsed relationship I left in the first place." Honestly, Cameron loved Austiin, but if this, right here, was all he could expect from their relationship anymore, then he didn't want any part of it. "I always blamed myself for our fights, because it was always you who made me think that they were my fault, but they never were, it was all you, it was always you and it is going to continue to be you, no matter what I do." Cameron was tired of the games he had to play with Austiin, getting out was probably his best option. "The fact that you automatically return to lying as your default just proves me right." Cameron hung his head and moved back over to the lounge. "I'm never going to be able to trust you... am I?"

"Cameron, get your arse out, now," he growled, a hand pointing to the door as he now stood directly in front of the other man. He had stopped listening. He had stopped caring. Cameron could get his crap and just leave, otherwise Austiin was going to kill him, and he knew that he would eventually regret that. In fact, he was sure that he would regret this - actually kicking Cameron out. He had never been the one to remove Cameron fro the family, Cameron had always done it himself. Austiin would always get him back, as Cameron would always eventually unwind enough to listen to reason and come back hoe. However, now that Austiin was the aggressor, forcing Cameron out of his life, it felt far ore permanent than all the other times. He would not be going after Cameron as sorely, chasing him and convincing him to return. Right now he just wanted Cameron to disappear, to stop talking and just cease to be. There were two was of accomplishing this, killing him or getting him out that door.

"I don't care what you have to say. I don't care about your thoughts, or your feelings," he replied, as Cameron continued. "I don't care about you. you were a distraction, something to have around when I'm bored. Your usefulness has run out, Cameron, and you other leave voluntarily through that door, or I force you through a much more permanent exit." Yes, it was a threat. And yes, one that Austiin had perhaps considered for maybe a micro-second. But he had considered it, and that was enough for him. Cameron had to go, and he had to go now otherwise Austiin would never forgive himself. Cameron's last few words hurt him though, and he looked away. "Just get out," he finished, much softer this time, before taking his sheet and walking back to the bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back