Early Morning Snack

Bianca Petrescu

Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Eyes peered through the ajar door, flickers of brown camflouged in the oak panels given up the resistance in protecting woodworm. The gloom added to the tension of unvailing the room, letting the light of day explode in the stones clutches. Bia assumed she had awoken early, the craving of hungry hitting her as she rose for the sheets. All seemed quiet, undisturbed. She edged a shoed foot between the doors cautiously. She still had discovered whether rules of seeking out around the school exsisted and this really wasn't the time to be caught. Sparks in the fire stripping through the darkness left from the night before. Tortured woods still whimpering in it's depts.

A pale hand pulled the door shut caging her in total darkness. Maybe not the best idea. Fingers fumbled over the damp stone in searched for a light switch or any source of brightness to stop her eyes burning. She sighed in realisation of finding a light source, which captured the whole room restoring it to it's full beauty. Now for the food.. Bia thought heading straight for a fruit basket atop the sideboard.

((May I just say, what an amazing opening to an RP =D> ))

Patricia woke up, still drowsy from staying up all night and not getting enough sleep the night before. Sitting up on her bed she looked around the room, Nat and Kate were still fast asleep but Bia was gone, "Well the hell is she at this time of the morning?" She said under her breath. Pulling her quilt off her she moved around and sat on the side of the bed and give a big stretch and yawn.

Pulling on a vest top and cords and a pair of dolly shoes she went to put on her favorite ring she couldn't find it. After five minutes of looking out her bedside table she started to think where she might of misplaced it. She finally came to the conclusion that she must of left it down in the kitchens after talking to Kate.

Getting up she made her way down to the kitchens, it was very quiet but she expected it, it was still early. Even though it was spring time there was a chill on her way down to the basement. Finally arriving she heard someone fumbling around in the kitchen, opening the door a light shone into the kitchen and Patricia saw who it was, "So this is where your at?" She said leaning against the door frame grinning at Bia.

((I must agree with Pat Bia!!! And Pat, 1st thing, why is Kate still asleep? I wanted to join this conversation! 2nd thing, your rp was great as well!!!))
Kate woke up a little after Bia and Pat had gone. She didn't know it but they had gone and so she looked around, wondering where they might be. Kate suddenly worked it out. Yesterday evening, Pat had been looking for her favourite ring. Kate remebered seeing it in the kitchens and so she realised that Pat must have gone down looking for it before the rush of people to get there.

Pulling on her CANADA sweater and some new jeans, she quietly closed the door behind her, leaving Nat on her own. Silently she ran down the big steps of the castle and only bumped into the other early risers on her way down. Reaching the kitchens, she saw a light on and the sound of voices. Opening the sqeaky door she hoped that she wouldn't disturb Pat and the other person if they were having a serious conversation.

Walking in, she saw that it was Pat and Bia in there and so she sighed with relive and wandered in. Shutting the door behind her, she smiled at them both and gave them each a puzzeled look. "Have I missed an invatation for the Hufflepuff party in the kitchens? Or was i not invited?" She asked with a laugh. "How are you both? Why are you both down here?" She asked again.

((I hope my first RP will live up to both of yours!!! LOL :p ))

(( Thanks guys! I'm trying to work on my writing skills ))

Words edged towards her ear drums sending a short quiver down her fragile yet slumped spine. She couldn't remember herding the door open or footsteps. Maybe i drifted from consciousness... Bia muttered reassuring herself. Somehow the voice sounded familiar but yarning for sleep. She twisted on her heels hoping she hadn't encountered a zombie ready to chew a limb off. Eyes squinted to help put the image together. "You gave me a fright and a half..." Her voice husky as she controlled her breathing. "I stupidly got up too early! Normally i sleep like a log and miss breakfast." Bia giggled.

Bia grinned at Pat and plucked an apple from the basket, turning it around in her hands for a moment before taking a small bite into it. Well she obviously wasn't going to make it down to breakfast, so this would have to do for now. She probably wouldn't even have the energy to get to the dining hall in her half-asleep state, she realized with a small chuckle.

"And hey Kate, we were just searching for an early breakfast," Bia replied. Bia's eyes lit up, pupils seeming even smaller in the glow. Coming across something they could both relate to was a good start to any sort of relationship. Even if it was as simple as over sleeping, it was a teenage thing. A yawn gripped her lips following on with a swift hand covering the action. Today would be filled with uncontrollable urges to drift into slumber and with the timetable she had been landed with it would be torture.

Turning back towards the cupboards, Bia fumbled through the shelves for mugs. She peered from behind the cupboard door once her fingers had landed on white mug handles. Shaking the mug in the air, Bia uttered simply, "Coffee?" Maybe caffeine would help burst her energy.

((Your welcome!! You are great at it anyway!! Are you in our dorm?))
Kate smiled at Bia and grabbed an orange, "Sounds great! I am normally awake in time for breakfast." Kate started on the peeling of the orange to get her eating some vitamin C so she wouldn't be completely collapsing.
"I would love one, can i have decaf please?" She asked. Kate had never taken a liking to Caffinated, only decaf so that is what she had. "Are you going to use magic?" She asked.

((Kate: Bia said it was early so I assumed, sorry. And thank you, your not half bad yourself :p ))

Patricia laughed as Bianca turned round to face her, "Jeze am I really that scary or are you just easily scared?" She said jokingly. "Yeah I was a bit surprised to see you up at this time, but it's not really that early." She said, checking the time.

As Patricia moved into the kitchen she started to look around where she had been yesterday, in search of her ring. She heard Bianca munching on an apple and then heard her talking to someone, looking up she saw Kate, "Oh hey Kate. We're all up early this morning." She said with a small laugh and keep looking for her ring.

After a few minutes of searching she gave up and heard Bianca mention coffee. "None for me thanks, just juice." She said. "Anyone want food? Or are you just sticking with fruit? I could make a fruit salad if you want?" She said with a smile, leaning on the counter in the middle of the kitchen floor.

It had been so long since she had done any form of cooking. She thought back to home, when her and her mother would wake up early in the morning and how they would make a big breakfast for everyone. She missed it terribly but then she remembered, Not long now to home! She was excited that she would be retunring home, but she was miss her friends and moments like this, where people randomly met.

((I am thinking that this is before we become 2nd years. Right at the end? Oh and by the way, our things say 2nd years and we haven't done our first year exams yet. Do we still do them?))
Kate smiled at Pat, "Oh i will be fine with just fruit!" She giggled and then said, "My mum always told me that i eat far to much friut!!"

((Sorry for the rubbish post. I am rather busy at the moment and don't have the time to put a lot into it!!))

Bia yawned, immediately bringing her hand up to cover her mouth in the polite gesture she had been taught from the time she was a small child. She grinned at Pandora as she offered coffee, and nodded. Maybe it would help her stay awake during class - it wasn't as if she really needed to skip lessons if she wanted to keep her grades up.

She grinned and leaned against the counter once more, watching Pat with tired eyes. "I probably look a mess right about now, don't I?" She laughed, swiping a hand over her forehead to rid her face of her bangs.

"Guess what? My little sister has been sorted into Gryffindor," Bia said with a sigh.

Bia laughed and shrugged, running a hand through her hair absentmindedly and only achieving in making it look messier than it had been originally. "Could you make me a fruit salad Pat please?" She grinned, knowing that it was the only way that she'd be able to stay awake during class - adding anything in it never worked, for whatever strange reason.

"So are both of you excited? Being second years and all..?" Bia asked, shrugging her shoulders tiredly.

(( Pat. :cool: ))

"I guess so," Bianca replied with a thoughtful. She's been spending her holiday at the Leaky Cauldron, with some Korean Crown Princess and some Slytherin boy called Ezekiel. A bit weird really, she usually hates Slytherins.." Bia added with a smirk. "At first i didn't believe she was friends with a real princess, but she is. To some Korean Princess called Hyo-rin. Blair told me the girl's mother, the empress recieved her letter from Hogwarts and when she came back, had to marry the crown prince because it was an arranged marriage, and her grandfather had a high status in the Korean Imperial Court or something. The empress didn't tell her husband until Hyo-rin was born, and Hyo-rin only found out she was a witch when she got her letter. And Korea thinks their Princess is going to some normal English boarding school," Bia explained, eating her apple. "Cool huh? Fancy having a crown princess attending Hogwarts," she added with a big smile.

"I'm so excited about being a Second Year, and i feel so old," Bia answered, laughing.

((OK so we are doing this as second years??? And Kate, everyone moved up a year reguardless of classes etc,read this ))

Patricia smiled as Kate and Bia talked away, she was dozing off a bit. Then she came back when she heard Bia ask a question, Patricia smiled kindly at her, "Don't worry you look fine, but then again, the light is pretty bad down here." She said with a laugh.

"Oh Gryffindor, that's great. Blair, isn't it?" She asked, trying to remember the sorting ceremony. "We didn't do too bad this year, with Hufflepuffs." Patricia said as she moved about a bit, gathering up some bits of fruit and chopping them up. Patricia continued to make Bia's fruit salas as she listened to her explaining how her sister was friends with a princess, "Wow, that is very strange!" Patricia said. Finishing off the salad she handed it over to Bianca. "Here you go?" She said.

"Oh I don't know, it's a bit weird been a second year, now we know where everything is and how feeling more comfortable with everything. But I do feel sorry for the first years, doesn't seem that long ago that we were in their position." She said.

Patricia then went to the cupboard and started to get a few things together to make herself a few pancakes.

((Thank you. I did read it but it didn't sink in!!))
Kate smiled at them both and wandered around a little with her coffee. Seeing the place where Pat and Kate had sat yesterday, Kate had a kick around on the floor.

Her foot suddenly scratched something and so she placed her drink on the table and fingered around. Pat's ring found Kate's fingers and Kate then picked it up. Remebering her drink, Kate went over to Pat and placed it in her hands. "There we are!" Kate laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back