Early Morning Post

Trixie Pompeii

Wand
Almond Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
Trixie looked around at all the owls, trying to decide which one to use. She needed one that looked strong and healthy, one that would be up to a long journey. She spotted a suitable one on a perch mid-way between the roof and the floor, and coaxed it down with an owl treat. She attached her letter to it's leg, and watched as it took flight out the window, and soared off into the distance. She kept watching until it was out of sight. Trixie sighed to herself. She knew it would be a while before she got a reply; it'd take a long time for the letter to get to Ireland. She picked up her bag and turned to leave. She started towards the door, but suddenly the seam of her bag ripped, and her books scattered all over the floor. Groaning to herself, she bent to pick them up. Then, she heard the owlery door open.

Demelza got a letter from her mum a couple of days ago and she couldn't put off replying any longer or her mum might think something was wrong. Then she might come to Hogwarts and maybe take her out of the school. Demelza shook her head and told herself to stop being silly, her mum would never do that. Well Demelza wasn't going to give her a chance to do it. Demelza had wrote a quick scrawl on a peice of new parchment and decided to go to the owlery now to send it.

Demelza reached the owlery quicker than she thought, she opened the door and her eyes fell on a girl who was bending on the floor picking up, what looked like, books. "Here let me help" Demelza said to the girl quickly and smiling. She bent down too and helped put the books back into the girl's bag. Demelza stood up and brushed down her top and held out her hand to the girl. "Hey, I'm Demelza".

Trixie was very grateful for the girl's help. She grinned as she introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Trixie" she replied.
She looked at Demelza. She looked young, her uniform crisp and new, like Trixie's own.
"Are you a first year too?" Trixie asked.

Trixie grinned.
"Cool, I'm in Gryffindor" she replied, indicating the red crest on her uniform. She scooped her books into her arms and slung the broken bag over her shoulder. She was enjoying talking to this girl; she really liked meeting new people. Trixie found she enjoyed in even more at Hogwarts, as she was getting to meet other witches and wizards, something she hadn't really had the opportunity to do before. She loved the feeling to gave her; it was as though they shared some kind of secret.

"So, how are you finding Hogwarts so far?" she asked Demelza. "I'm loving every minute!"

"Ah, I see" Demelza said grinning, she never thought to look at the crest on Trixie's uniform which seemed pretty foolish now. But hey, she wasn't put in Hufflepuff because of her common sense. "I love it here" Demelza said to Trixie "I think its amazing, all the people. I've never seen so many witches and wizards in the same place! I love the moving pictures, I have some at home but its not the same as seeing life-size ones on the wall" she said grinning. "What about you? What do you like best?" Demelza asked Trixie.

Trixie nodded, agreeing.
"I know," she replied, "It's so cool meeting all these other magical people! I didn't really havae many friends at my Muggle school, the people were all too.. normal". She grinned. "I think the pictures are pretty cool too, I think my favourite thing is the Quidditch though. I've hardly ever met any other fans, it's brilliant how everyone loves it here!"
Trixie smiled. So far she liked Demelza a lot. She was really friendly, and easy to talk to.

Demelza grinned she had seen a lot of things to do with Quidditch during her first week at Hogwarts. Demelza didn't like playing it much but she was all for watching it. "Quidditch is good, I dont like playing it much though. But I dont mind watching it, i'm more of a supporter" she said to Trixie. "So i'm guessing you like playing it?" Demelza asked.

"Yeah, I love it!" she answered. "I play for a team back home, it's the best ever! I can understand you not liking to play it though.. It can get a bit violent sometimes" she grinned. "I'm gonna try out for the team, not sure if they'll take me though. I don't think they usually want first years!"
Trixie leant back against the winow, resting her elbows on the sill.
"So where are you from?" she asked.

"Oh wow really?! what position do you play?" Demelza didn't play Quidditch but she did know an awful lot about it. She nodded when Trixie said that it could become violent, when she had been to a quidditch match before a chaser got really badly hurt by a bludger. "They might if your good enough! or you can be a reserve" she suggested. Demelza smiled at Trixie's question "I'm from Canberra in Australia, what about you? where are you from?" she asked.

"I play chaser!" Trixie answered with a grin. "Yeah, I'd actually be happy to be a reserve, might be better to get a year's training first, and I'd get to watch the team and stuff, pick up some techniques."
Trixie's arms were starting to ache from holding the heavy books, so she dropped the pile onto the ground and pushed herself up onto the windowsill.
"Wow, Australia? What's that like? I'm from Ireland, it's a pretty boring country" she laughed.

"Oh really? wow!" Demelza said grinning. She nodded when Trixie talked about being a reserve "Yeah, you could pick up tips. It would make you better for next year then you could wipe the floor with the competition" she said grinning. Demelza leaned on the wall opposite and answered Trixie's question. "Australia? well it's great! it's warm like every day and the people in my neighbourhood are really nice. Plus the wild animals are really cool like kangaroo's and stuff. The only problem is you can get wild vicious animals that steal food from your bins" she laughed. "Ireland sounds nice, I've never really been to europe before. What's Ireland like?"

Trixie nodded as Demelza talked about Australia.
"Wow!" she said, "I can't imagine having wild kangaroos around the place! It'd be cool, I'd like to go there some time. Ireland's pretty nice, the weather is terrible though! It's not too exciting to be honest, just lots of hills and sheep and stuff!" She laughed. "I live in the city though so it's not too bad. I'm loving New Zealand so far though!"

Demelza laughed "yeah, it's pretty cool. There is this kangaroo that lives round by our house and he's sort of ours" she grinned. Demelza listened to what Trixie was saying about Ireland "Well at least it would be a change of scenery" she said smiling. "I know! New Zealand is great" she added.

Trixie laughed. "Wow, so he's like a pet?" She laughed again. "That would be so cool!" She glanced at her watch, and saw it was nearly time for classes to start. "So are you looking forward to starting classes today then?" she asked Demelza.

"Yeah" Demelza said nodding, "He's really cute, i'm going to miss him when i'm here" she said smiling. Demelza shrugged her shoulders she wasn't too bothered about classes starting, it would be great to use her wand though."Some more than others" she admitted "How about you?" she asked Trixie.

"I'm looking forward to most of them!" Trixie replied. "Flying lessions especially, of course. Yeah it'll be really cool to be able to start using my wand, my parents never let me do magic at home so I've never really done any! I've been trying to practise some spells out of our school books but I haven't really made much happen yet!"

Demelza smiled and nodded "yeah flying lesson's should be good" even though she didn't like quidditch she still liked to fly on a broom. She had only flew once before and that was with her dad a long time ago. Demelza smiled at Trixie again "I know! I wasn't allowed to do magic at home either, my mum used to go crazy even if I picked up her wand" she said. But sometimes she just picked up her mum's wand just to annoy her, Demelza mostly did this after a modelling shoot that she didn't want to do. "I haven't tried any spells yet, I dont trust myself" she laughed.

Trixie laughed. "I used to do that too sometimes! My mum used to get so angry if I even touched it, so sometimes I'd pick it up just when she was about to come into a room and pretend I was doing magic, just to frustrate her. It was so funny!" she smiled.
"Yeah I've only tried really simple spells so far, the levitating charm and stuff. I got it to work a couple of times, but apart from that I'm not doing too well. I think I might be going wrong with the wand movements or something, I think I need to go to a few more classes before I'll be any good!"

Demelza laughed "Me too! I always used to do that because it's really funny her going crazy. Plus it gets her back for forcing me ...." her voice trailed off and she quickly looked down to the floor, avoiding Trixie's eyes. "Yeah, i haven't tried any I dont trust myself" she said talking to the floor. "Are you looking forward to charms?" Demelza asked quickly glancing up at Trixie to show that she was still interested in the conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back