dusk flight

OOCOut of Character:
wow really, it must be a rare move to use. and thanks, if you want both Briar and Elvera have open threads in the feast if Icarus or Minoas wants to go"

Briar smiled at the compliment, "no offence, as much as i know keeping is important, i would rather be in the action of the game" she said. at his next comment she laughed, "then i just wont let you catch me." she said her eyebrow raised and her jaw set in an expression of playful challenge. she had been taught how to hunt, and become almost invisible by the pros, she was sure if she needed to she could use the same skills to vanish. "so now you believe that i am so tough i don't get scared. well that time, it was actually the holidays gone, i was scared because it was night time, and i had just galleon half way down a cliff, in the process if falling i had broken my ankle pretty bad, and gotten scratched all over, i was in serious pain. I was also in the middle of nowhere and no-one knew where i was, and no one would realise i was missing for a good two weeks. there was a gook k between me and my broom so i couldn't fly to anywhere, at least not that night" she said, that was the most she had told anyone other than the healers and professor kingsley about the night of her bite, although she had obviously left out the terror fear of the night out, the fact that she had been loosing her mind, and she wasn't sure if the werewolf would be back to finish what it had started.
by the time she had finished this explanation Icarus was back in the starting position. she guarded the goals ready and waiting for the next shot. he came strait at her. she wondered if he was going right he was supposed to aim around her not at her. however she remained on guard. at the last moment before they would have crashed he flipped and took a shot under her. she tried to bat the quaffle away with the end of the broom but it was too late the ball had already gone in. she should have seen it coming, she herself loved rolling to confuse keepers. oh well. she flew after the ball, still able to see it well despite the dark. once she got it she headed back to Icarus. "good shot. you have certainly given me some things to think about." she said raising her hand for a high five.

OOCOut of Character:
I've posted Icarus. I don't know about Minoas. One of my characters must take my dislike for halloween :r

He didn't really celebrated his goal. He was too close to Briar and she probably hadn't face that technique before. If he was going to try it again, he wouldn't be successful again.
"If there are chasers like you, the job of the keeper suddenly gets more interesting." It was a double compliment from his side. Not only for her but also for her technique. He was pretty sure that during the match she would snatch many opportunities to score. He liked a game when the opposite team's chasers were having in their possesion the quaffle. That meant that he wasn't going to just hover on his broom waiting. He wanted to keep on with her playful challenge but for a moment he remembered that was still a professor, only that this though lasted for an instance.

"Well you come back to what I just said. That was so foolish of you. What exactly you were doing alone at a cliff. You were lucky that you just broke your ankle." he said this time being completely serious as she could have been in a hazardous situation. What about being found as the easy meal of a dangerous creature? He decided to land back down to earth and rest on the cool grass. "And how you managed to make your way out of that cliff?" he asked still serious while he was having a seat.

Briar saw that they were pretty similar matched, or at least his chasing was about on par with her keeping. they had both got one out of three goals in, or had she shot four times. if she she wouldn't count the first one as she hadn't really been aiming past him.
When he said that the game was more interesting what there were chasers like her, she wasn't sure if he meant like her as a person, or chasers with her flying skills, either way she was flattered. "chasing always becomes more enjoyable when there is a stilled keeper on the goals, not as easy to score, but it gives the game some extra challenge." she said. if she had known more about being a teenage girl she would have been able to pick up that they were flirting, but as chance had it she had spent most of her time on the pitch, or doing some other sport, and most of her friends were not that girly either, so she didn't pick that up. instead she landed next to him and dropped the quaffle on the ground. "I needed some fresh air so I had gone camping for a while in the mountains, i had been climbing the cliff tying to find somewhere safe to spend the night, when i lost my grip and fell." she said. both cases were true, even if a major aspect of the night had been left out. she sat down on the bench and took a bottle of water out of her bag that she had coincidentally left on the same bench. she took a few mouthfuls before answering his question. "I waited until morning, then i managed to splint my leg using some branches and the fabric from my shirt. i found a couple of other branches to use as, umm, Crutches, It took me a while but i managed to hobble to my broom and fly to a hospital. So how dis you tackle theDragon and chimera" she asked. trying to turn the attention away from her night time wanderings, besides se was curious about this professor.

The only thing that was missing was a campfire. Other than that, Icarus was feeling like he was camping and he was listening to some kind of spooky stories. He was listening to her impressive escape from that cliff and many questions were popping in his mind. "I'm actually curious to know what your foster parents said do you about it. Actually, how they let you wandering around alone in the first place?" she asked her suspiciously. She was too young for camping alone out in the wild. There was a variety of creatures that she could have encountered with deadly results. "It seems to me that you know how to survive in the wild." he commented as he was wondering how the girl developed such kind of skills. He scanned her features, seeking for indications of trying to conceal something from him. "I'm pretty sure that Hogwarts doesn't offer such kind of lessons to its students, so how come you know so much about surviving?" he asked her finally.

He grinned as she wanted learn more about dangerous stuff. He was a bit worried that if he was going to tell her more she was going to rush the next moment in the forbidden forest in search of a dangerous enough beast. "Well the dragon depends on its type. We have ten different types of dragons and only those species are allowed to be used in challenge arenas. I don't think that other countries would bother to let their species participate in something like that." he explained. "At my school is one of our lessons, so in the end for the exams we had to face two creatures. An earth dweller and a sky dweller. In both situations I was unlucky cause I had first to face a chimera and then a hydra dragon. I won't say a lot about the hydra but in the end I had a fifteen-headed dragon chasing me for not being cautious. As for the chimera, there is a specific strategy to weaken the creature." he revealed, wondering if she would like to learn more.

Briar looked at Icarus. at his question. "Like i said I needed some fresh air, and space. there was a lot going on around at the end of the year. I ran, or well flew at the first chance I had. so by the time they realised i was gone i was already untraceable." she said realising how petty it sounded. she sort of understood why Madlyn was Mad at her. when he said that she seemed able to survive n the wild well. she nodded. "I was taught how to since i was little" she said. At his next question she decided to answer truthfully as he was a professor, and he could probably find out if he wanted to just one look at her file would show that, s well as more current things about her. "no, you are right the school didn't teach me. I may as well tell you, as i am am sure professors have some means of finding things out. she said trying to think of how to word it "my second adopted family, the ones who had giant blood, were more human than my first. My first family were centaurs. I lived with them from practically birth until i left for school at eleven." she said. she usually spent a while to tell people that about herself but not tonight, maybe it was because she had a bigger secret, or maybe it was because he was a professor, or even because she had enjoyed the flying with him.
When he explained about the creatures she noticed that he was answering the question without any real answers. just tiptoeing around the sim of her question. "a fifteen headed dragon, doesn't that mean that you cut off its head like five times. hang on no make it like seven," she said as cut one off, three come back, so each cut n theory would two more (as one of the three would replace the one removed). "what sort of strategy is used for Chimara?" she asked, wondering how it could be done it wasn't as though she would go looking for them, but if he wouldn't tell her she would look into it when she started n the ministry, even is she wanted to work in werewolf counselling, she may still be able to do some work with other creatures.

OOCOut of Character:
Please can we not have another conversation about the virtues of centaurs, i think that twice is plenty. any more and it will just get repetitive

As a listener, Icarus was hanging from her words, nodding and blinking at the parts that were explaining a lot about her character. "That explains a lot." he finally said with a smile about her childhood. He felt as he had made her reveal things about herself that she wouldn't really say to anyone that she had just met.
"Wow and I though I was the adventurous here. That makes my childhood and my journey sound minimal." he continued, recognising now the source of her wilderness. He couldn't help but think of her biological family, who could be and why they had to leave her in the end. Now that he had finally spread his wings as an adult, he had that appetite for adventures as well the time to dedicate to that. As she was talking more and more about her childhood, his curiosity was like a huge ball of fire, increasing more and more in size.
He decided however, not to refer anymore to that subject for now and focus on the topic that had won her interest.

"Honestly I can't remember how many times I used that curse. I was panicked and in the end I made the things worse. Just imagine half of those heads spitting fire and half of them spitting ice."
he said as he was either way bad at calculations and maths but he had indeed back then blacked out not say knocked out.
"Chimera is really fierce but if you know that you have first to confront the serpent tale, then the lion and last the goat then you have an advantage. Still both the lion and the goat heads are flamethrowers of great range and depending the animals left its stance and the way it attacks change llike human changing their strategy." he revealed in the end. "I'm quite sure though you won't face creatures like that here so don't worry." he wasn't sure whether she would be worried or disappointed as he would have felt some kind of disappointment if he was in her position.

Briar was glad that Icarus listened as she explained herself without interrupting, just nodding in understanding. "I guess it does. it was great, i sometimes miss the forest, but i have over the years taken the running through the trees and focused that energy on flying." she chuckled after his comment. it certainly explained why she spent most of her time outside, and wasn't scared of the forrest. "I bet you have had some pretty exiting adventures too." she said winking at him. she was pretty sure that if they were to compare he may have had less, but they would probably be better. except for perhaps the night last summer, but that was just terrifying, to much so co be called an adventure, it was more of an emotional strength test.
briar nodded she knew that sometimes pressure messed with your mind, and made you forget things. and remember irrelevant things. "that does sound scary. having both fire and ice shooting at you. how did you get away?" she asked a little awed. she had never faced anything that ferocious, and the werewolf somehow got scared, or it could have ended a lot nastier than it had. when he explained how to tackle the Chimera she nodded. she would remember that in case she ever had to meet one. "that does sound like quite a fight. shame i wont see one in the near future, but they sound impressive, maybe some time i will get to face one" she said she was pretty sure that she would be able to find one if she wanted to, but currently there was already one beastly creature in her life and that was enough, for now.

Icarus remained silent as he thought carefuly the girl's words. He instantly turned his eyes on the forbidden forest, located somewhere in the darkness of the distance. "I guess you would have been tempted several times to enter inside the forest here. I know it isn't the same like the one you were brought up but it must be giving you the same feeling." he said regretting the fact that he might just had advised her to visit the forbidden forest.
"I came across some rainforests through india during my journey. Different form this one but mysteriously inviting as well." he admitted as he often had the urge to vanish behind the dark green curtain of this forest.

The young professor shook his head several times and bit his lips as he had just remembered something that could have possibly cost his life. "I managed in the end to focus and remain calm. So I started cutting off each head. Some of them needed more than one tries to be decapitated as the dragon was swift and the new necks were thicker. As soon as they were cut off, before more were going to sprout, I used a fire spell to sear the severed parts of the necks. This prevented the growth of more heads and eventually the hydra passed out." he explained, realising quite early that he had described with too much details the fall of the dragon.
"Sorry for being so descriptive." he rushed to say as his details were quite hideous and barbaric.
"The hydra survived. It just had to wait 24 hours for its heads to regrow." he said, feeling quite bad for the creature.

He left a short laughed as the girl wished to face one of those creatures in the future. "Okay. that's something you don't usually hear from a sixteen years old girl." he grinned as he was strking with his slender finger the cool grass around him. He liked its smell, it was a familiar and welcoming scent. "So miss Rowan, any other hobbies apart from quidditch and the appetite of facing deathly beasts?" he asked her.

Briar blinked s Icarus said that she may have been tempted to enter the forest. "I have been tempted a few times, and may have been in it a couple of times" she said. in reality sue went in every other day or theres about, as she often ran around the grounds, and her usual path lead her into the forest.
"rainforests in india, they sound like they will be full with all sorts of things, certainly different but just as interesting I would think" she said, before stifling back a yawn, she realised that it was indeed getting late and she had been up at five that morning burning off energy and going for a jog.
she listened as he described how he had taken action against the hydra. "that sounds impressive" she said before he had time to apologise. "there is no need to apologise, I can stomach pretty tough stuff. not your typical girl, but i'm glad it survived, it would have been a shame for it to die purely for sport" she said, she had killed creatures before but it was for food, not sport and that was a big difference.
"trust me I'm not your typical sixteen year old girl, I am far from normal" she said before yawning again. "other than quidditch and enjoying facing creatures, I enjoy sport, mainly runs around the grounds. there is not much else that i do, I have prefect duties and work and quidditch that take up at lot of time during the term, but in the holidays i usually go camping. How about you, what else do you enjoy doing?" she asked. a little while later she yawned again. "i think i need to get back to the castle. you are actually right professor it is getting late" she said standing up. "it was nice meeting you, I am sure i will see you down here some other time, and maybe it will be a little earlier." she said shouldering her broom and standing. before slowly heading off the pitch and towards the castle, she wondered if he would be heading to the castle too.

A smile melted on his face as the girl was stating that she wasn't the typical sixteen year old girl. The truth was that she was quite different and that had stolen Icarus' attention. Even her hobbies weren't the typical one for a girl of her age. Icarus loved camping and the outdoors but his last girlfriend didn't really enjoy it as she had an issue with insects. "Well apart from flying obviously, I have a passion for photography and for some reason I prefer muggles'. Other than that, I sometimes enjoy cooking, especially when I do it for someone else and of course surfing during summer." he answered her question promptly. The truth was that he had a variety of different muggle and wizard's cameras in his office and he was spending some of his free time by the cliff for some captions of the lake. He was not usually bothered to cook. Great hall was providing more than he could imagine and if he had to prepare something extra, that would be a chicken salad sandwich. However, when he had visitors or friends at his place, he was using the chef in him. About surfing, he had missed that sport as the sea was miles away both from his new home and Hogwarts. However, he had thought numerous times to create magically waves on the lake and ride a surf there.

As he was thinking of all that, the girl had finally realised that it was indeed too late for her to be out. But by that time, Icarus was unwilling to let her go. In the end, he decided to keep his professor profile. "Oh yeah, we don't want you to get into trouble, do we?" he said as he was standing up as well, a bit frustated that she called him professor. "The pleasure was mine. Take care!" he said as she was leaving the pitch with her broom on her shoulder. Icarus decided to keep an eye on her as she was returning back to castle, by flying stealthy above her. When he made sure that she had safely entered the castle's gates, he flew for his office's window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back