OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Finn had his reason for withdrawing the team, that didn't mean he didn't feeling anything anymore. He would have loved to show of his skills in a Quidditch game, but becoming a benched loser for three more years wasn't going to cut it with him. Finn didn't care anymore if the team didn't want him, he didn't want the team either. He didn't care for Hufflepuff so he cheered loudly for Penny, next match he would cheer Flynn on. Hoping his bro was going to win the next match. Finn grinned and walked over to the lakefront. The water wasn't hot enough to be able to swim and thus he decided to throw rocks and see how many times it would bounce on the surface. Finn was throwing his rocks in quick succession getting rather frustrated. Flynn seemed to actively avoid him and now he had no team to actually play Quidditch with. Everything was going great it seems.

The beginning of the years had not gone how he had planned in the slightest. For starters, he hadn't actually expected to make the Quidditch team, even if it was just as an alternate. Secondly, he did feel bad for avoiding certain people. Flynn hadn't really seen or spoken to Finn since they bumped into each other at the beginning of the year. Every time Flynn saw his friend walking around the corner he would simply try and hide, not really having the courage to face him and pretend that everything was fine when it very clearly wasn't. But the year had progressed a bit now and he found himself feeling incredibly lonely. So, when he was out by the lake and happened to spot Finn, Flynn simply decided to bite the bullet, awkwardly making his way over to where his friend was and clearing his throat. "Hey," he offered softly, anxiously shoving his hands into the pocket of his jumper,.

Finn looked up and looked straight at Flynn. The one person he hadn't seen in a while and the one he really needed to see. Flynn was still limping and Finn decided to ask Flynn what was up. ''Hey, what happened to you leg bro?'' Finn asked ''I don't want to be rude, but this is the second time I see you limping and I am hella worried, going crazy here'' Finn was telling everything now. ''I cant manage without you, withdrawing from the quidditch team and then seeing that you are unwell has making me batshit crazy.'' Finn said to his best friend. ''Never think I see you as a poor boy, because there is something, I just want to be there for you as a friend.'' Finn didn't know what to exactly say, so he just said everything that was on his mind. He was also sure he had never spoken so long at one time which was an achievement on its own.

Flynn felt a small pang of guilt the moment that Finn looked at him, even more so when his friend started talking as well. The Gryffindor swallowed uncomfortably, mussing up the hair at the back of his head with a hand as he chewed on the inside of his cheek. "I guess I owe you an explanation, huh," it wasn't a question, he knew that Finn at least deserved the truth out of him, "It's easier if I just.. show you. Just stand still so I don't fall over." He warned before moving to put a hand on Finn's shoulder for support before lifting his right leg up, bending so he could fumble with the prosthetic under his trousers It was a bit of a faff to do, but he eventually managed to pull his stump out, pulling the prosthetic free as he slid it out from his trousers and simply held it by the metal ankle in his free hand, the shoe still on it and all. But he didn't say anything else, he didn't really think he needed to explain, the prosthetic leg held in his hand was explanation enough. "I'm sorry," was all he offered, voice going incredibly small as he couldn't even look his friend in the eye, tightening his fingers on Finn's shoulder to stop himself from wobbling so much as he stood on legged now his prosthetic was off.

Finn listened and looked at Flynn curiously. He was moving his hand and now Flynn was lifting on his shoulder. Then he spotted the prosthetic, Finn wasn't shocked he was glad he knew now. The thing looked awesome, somewhat robotic. ''Don't be sorry, I honestly think it looks cool'' Finn said while looking at the prosthetic. ''I am sad you didn't tell me before, I wish I was there for you'' Finn said to his friend. ''Now you can scare first years and say the kraken ate it, it wasn't the kraken right'' Finn laughed. ''This opens new ways to prank people, if its healed and you are okay we could stuck a lot of fake blood on it and tell people you had a spell gone bad'' Finn was thinking the possibilities that had opened up. ''What really happened, only if you want to talk about it of coure, no more jokes promise.'' Finn said.

''And go put your robotic limp back on so you don't look like bambi taking his first step'' He grinned and was glad it was only his leg, Flynn seemed to be faring okay for the rest.

He really didn't know why he was worried. The moment the leg was off, in a literal sense, Finn had jumped on it in typical Finn fashion and his mind had instantly gone to the fun they could have with it, the prank they could pull, and how they could traumatize first years. No words of sympathy or an unwanted apology for something that wasn't his fault. It was almost as if the Hufflepuff knew that Flynn wouldn't want any of that stuff. Flynn just had to laugh a little, the smallest of smiles tugging at the corner of his mouth. "It's not that cool. It's a bit pathetic," and it only made people feel bad for him and give him these pitiful looks when they saw him struggling with stairs. "But ah, no... no kraken involved. It was a car accident, my leg got trapped in the wreck and they couldn't pull me out with it stuck... so..." he didn't really think he needed to explain further than that. But it would have been cool if it had been a kraken, or at least something cool. Not just some Muggle car wreck no one was going to care about. But he needed need telling twice to put the leg back on, still using Finn for support as he bent over again, pulling his trouser leg up over his stump so it was easier to put it back into the prosthetic, making sure it was in securely again before pulling his trousers down over it again, standing straight and finally removing his hand from his friend's shoulder. "But I have gotten pretty good at balancing on just one foot, though."

''Nah mate, it looks cool'' Finn was honest. ''Although a car accident sounds very bad, but losing a leg is way better than the alternatives'' He had honestly no clue what would have happened if Flynn hadn't returned to school. ''Did anyone else get hurt beside you?'' Finn wouldn't know what to say if his parents died or his siblings if he had those. ''Tell everyone it was the kraken though or some epic shark attack or some magical creature decided to ate it'' So many options and possibilities. ''Don't worry about it, we can think of alternatives and you seem to be faring well with the prosthetic.'' He was without his support he looked like a proper flamingo. Finn laughed ''Forget bambi, you my friend are a proper flamingo'' Finn couldn't see why everything was different he was still Flynn. ''I am glad that we are talking again, I was going crazy.'' Finn said

He wanted to argue that no, it really didn't look very cool, but he decided it wasn't worth the bother. Finn could think it looked cool all he wanted, but it wasn't going to change Flynn's mind about it. "Pretty sure an alternative could have been me getting out without losing my foot in the process," so no, he wouldn't really say that losing his foot was the best alternative he could have gotten. But then again, he supposed one alternative was him dying, so maybe it wasn't so bad. "Yeah, but they're fine. Think she just broke her collar bone or something and got a bit of a concussion," And a broken collar bone could heal, reattaching his foot was not really an option. "But I don't really want to tell anyone about it. It's just... uncomfortable for me to even admit to right now." Maybe after he had some more time to process and get used to the idea he might be more open to some pranking, but for now, he'd rather just keep it to himself. And a select few, obviously. "Cheers," he snorted a little when Finn called him a flamingo, already not a huge fan of that particular nickname, "But I did say I was sorry. I was just a bit messed up. I didn't know if you were going to think differently of me or anything, so I just thought it was... you know.... easier to avoid you than to admit anything."

Of course that was the best alternative, but he could also have died from the crash. ''I meant the alternative that kills you, but I think you already knew that'' Finn said while looking at his friend. It was weird that he talked about his mother as she. Finn never addressed his mom as an she, but since there were more pressing matters that was something for another time and day. ''I understand bro, its okay'' Finn said ''Just know I will always be there for you when you think its time to tell me'' It felt really sappy, but it was true.

''Nah, I would never think differently'' Finn liked his friends personality, it didn't matter he had two legs or not. ''I still think you are my best friend, two legs or not'' Finn grinned. ''Since this is out of the way, you wanna skip rocks with me, trying to get to skip three times'' Finn looked at the lake. For him the situation didn't need more words, Flynn didn't look like he wanted to talk about it anyway and Finn wasn't one to press matters.

"Yeah," he offered with a hollow-sounding laugh, "I had already worked that one out. But sometimes..." He wasn't going to finish that sentence, quickly deciding against it and covering it up with a small cough and a shift of his shoulders. "That sounds really lame, dude" he quickly tried to move the conversation along, unable to stop himself from shaking his head. "Next you're going to say something stupid like you're going to be my friend until the end of time or something." Which was an absolutely ridiculous thing to say, they were only kids, anything could happen over the next years to change things. And besides, Flynn had never really had close friends before, at least, not one which stuck around for more than a couple of years before dropping him and moving on, so he wasn't hopeful that pattern would change.

He frowned slightly as he stood straight, shoving his hands in his pockets, "You sure though? I mean, it's not gonna be the same. I can't do a bunch of stuff we used to do anymore. I mean, I'd get it if you don't wanna hang out anymore. I'd just hold you back." There wouldn't be any more running through the corridors and skateboarding together or climbing trees and dive-bombing into the lake. "What you skipping rocks for? That's kinda lame."

Finn confessed it was sappy, but he never had any friends like Flynn. He really felt like Flynn was his soul bro. Not relationship wise, he was definitely into girls but as a partner in crime, a person to talk to. ''Guess I became an old fart in the mean time'' Finn laughed heartily. ''Did I tell you Penny and I decided to brew some illegal potion last year and we left before it exploded, I heard someone else got the blame for it'' Finn said while looking around. No one was in hearing range so he was safe.

''We can always go and look for solutions to things you can't do'' Also Finn was pretty sure most prosthetic limbs were high tech and were made for sports and activity. ''If you had a rotten personality I wouldn't be your friend, that hasn't changed so I don't mind'' He was also pretty sure he could think of ways to get back to their old ways. ''Old fart remember'' Finn grinned again ''Don't know, skating sucks at Hogwarts and people say the Kraken in the lake is actually real'' Some people spoke about an ginormous eel that was spotted.

He did have to laugh just a little, "Well, maybe try and lose a few years. I can't be seen hanging around with some old man, my reputation has already taken a huge hit already." Not that he was particularly bothered about his reputation, just so long as people didn't think he was some pushover then that was all he cared about. And no doubt if anyone saw his prosthetic they would change their opinion and start to feel sorry for him or some such rubbish. "You brewed an illegal potion? Which one? What was even the point in that?" He'd never really seen the appeal of potions, but maybe that was just because the previous year they hadn't actually gotten to brew anything themselves. "And who's Penny?"

"There isn't anything," he was quick to cut in with a shrug of his shoulder, "I just spend most of the time sat there staring at a wall." Walking too much just sucked so it was simply easier for him to take the weight off. And while there were probably things he could still be doing while sitting down, none of them interested him. "Didn't even bring my board," he admitted with a shrug. Flynn didn't think he could skateboard properly anymore, not when he was missing the most important foot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back