Dripping Wet

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor stepped through the doors of the castle, after getting all the water out of her clothes as she could. She was wearing skinny leg jeans and a plain grey T-shirt, but she was dripping wet. She had been pulled into the lake by a merman and now she was freezing. She was shaking and her teeth were chattering. She hoped a teacher wouldnt yell at her or anything and she hoped she didnt see anyone she knew. Pushing her long dripping hair out of her face she began to step to the bottom of the grand staircase, in desperate need of a nice hot shower.

(Hope you don't mind if I reply?)

Faith was just coming back from lunch, she was brushing down some of the crumbs that had mysteriously appeared there, as she hadn't had any bread or anything 'crumbly'. As she was approaching the grand staircase to go back to her dormitory she noticed a familiar face, she hadn't spoken to her before, but she always had a good impression from her "oh my days, are you ok?" she asked, seeing the girl in a complete state.

Taylor ringed out her hair, just about to step onto the stairs, when she turned around. She laughed. "Yeah im alright. Some merman decided to yank me into the lake." She shook her head and specks of water flew off. "Sorry." She stopped shaking her head.

((not at all :) ))

"Oh my god, really?" she exclaimed in astonishment, she had heard the merpeople were pretty bad, but not as bad and yanking people into the lake. She began to slowly walk up the stairs, feeling very sorry for the girl, after all it's not nice having any water on you when you don't want it, never mind being pulled into a lake. "Why did they do it?" she asked, wondering why the hell they did something like that.

Taylor began to walk along side the girl. "They couldnt talk to my without me being underwater, so he pulled me in." She shrugged. "Bit annoying, but he wasnt too bad once i was in. I can get dry. I got to meet a merman, that has to account for something." She giggled. "I didnt catch your name? Im Taylor, Taylor Mercer. First year Gryffindor." She smiled at the girl.

"I guess it does, it's no every day you get pulled in the lake by a merman" she laughed. "Oh, I'm Faith Lovelight, first year hufflepuff" she grinned. "So are you looking forward to the holidays?" she asked, thinking about them herself.

"Nice to meet you Faith." She said, her mind flicking to her younger sister by the same name. Faith asked a question that was similar to her line of thoughts. "Yeah i am, im starting to miss my family." She said, she couldnt wait to see them all again. "How about you?" She said, looking around at all the paintings on the walls.

"I'm staying here" she sighed "my parents are on another one of there 'expeditions'" she stated, a little droopy in her voice. "But you know, at least I'll have some friends here aswell" she grinned, that was one thing that was good coming out of this holiday, more time to spend with friends. "I'll probably going and sit up the north tower and watch the sunrise and sunset like I always do" she laughed.

"Oh thats a shame, but it should be good. I miss my family too much to stay." She chuckled. Taylor thought to when she had been in the north tower last. It was an amazing view, she hadnt been up there sinse, why hadnt she again? "I love it up there." She said absently with a smile.

"I know, it's gorgeous up there" she said, she was really glad she had met someone who thinks it's beautiful up there, most people thought it was dark and gloomy. "So do you have any other favourite places around the school?" she asked, she was rather curious about these types of things.

Taylor thought about where she enjoyed being. "I love being outdoors on the nicer days. The lake front is also beautiful." She said thoughtfully, chewing her lip a bit trying to think of anywhere else. When she couldnt think of anywhere that stood out particuarly, she looked at Faith. "How about you?" She asked.

"To think of it, iv never actually been by the lake" she laughed, she then remembered where she really liked "I love it in the gardens and the lawns, especially under the oak tree" she smiled. "But, I don't really have any strong memories here at the moment" she said.

"Yeah im kind of the same, nothing exciting has happened really." She shrugged and continued walking up the stairs. She thought it was nice to have company. It was such an effort going up and down the stairs, that it was good to talk to someone to pass the time.

"Gees, I know i'm probably going to sound really unfit right now, but these stairs are tiring" she stated, exaggerating her panting. "So, do you have a favourite subject?" she asked, she was trying to keep the conversation going, so you know, it's the first thing that came to mind.

Taylor grinned, "Yeah i know." She chuckled, they were probably halfway up now, almost time to go their seperate ways, because Taylor needed to be in the Gryffindor common room which was in one of the tallest towers. "Probably defence against the dark arts." She said smiling, "How about yourself" She asked.

Faith needed to get to the North Tower for a friendship meeting, she didn't understand why they did it, but she went along with it. "I would say astronomy" she said in a kind of misty voice.

"I dont have astronomy." She said a little sadly, it sounded interesting Taylor couldnt wait for it. "Next term though." She grinned, seeing the Gryffindor common room door in view. "Well it was nice meeting you, but im going this way now." She said pointing upwards. "I'll see you around?" She grinned, hoping she would, the girl was nice and Taylor always enjoyed making new friends. "Bye for now." She waved before going her seperate way.

"Yeah it was nice meeting you to, bye" giving a small wave, skipping up the next floor where her destination was. She had enjoyed speaking to Taylor and was looking forward to the next time they would encounter each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back