Drinks and Drunks

Eddie quickly turned around, even in his state of mind he knew going home with a bloke would be a very bad thing. "No. No no no no no." Eddie shook his head and pulled on his shirt. He took the coffee Gregory had passed him, assuming this conversation was over, and took a big sip of it. He sighed happily as he could feel it working.

Yes, Gregory knew all about the dangers some people faced when returning home, having faced some of them himself. No point commenting or whining about it. Even so, he was still confused by the whole situation. How does one resolve a 'one-night stand' when both parties were drunk? "Whoops, sorry, yep you were good, see you later" ? No, he simply was too kind to let things like this pass him that easily. It was to be his downfall today.
"Oh well, I can take 'ye anywhere 'ye need to be."
Considering he was going to be back on the streets tomorrow, this was going to be a bit hard. Floo powder was expensive. In fact, Greg had lost his wand along the way. In a matter of hours he would be homeless again, waiting for the next opportunity of kindness until he was forced to move again. This had been very foolish of him. He felt obligated to help Eddie, as thought he had hindered him somehow.

Eddie shrugged. "Nah, I gotta go home, mum'll have a go at me for staying out all night." He finished the redt of the coffee in one gulp. Glancing around the room Eddie noticed the clock. "Bugger." He just remembered he had a meeting with a man about a flat around eleven. It was now ten. "You know what, I ain't going home." He found his shoes and put them on. "You can walk me out if you like but I really gotta go now, Why do I get hammered when I have important things on in the morning?" The last bit was more to himself than anything.

Greg could only shrug in reply.
"It's fine, I understand."
Thrown over the back of the basic wooden chair that was part of his temporary home, was Eddie's jacket.
"Here," said Greg, holding it out to him with a smile. "Safe journey." He meant it. The man seemed distracted, but still nice. He sat back on the bed, waving in a pleasant manner as the man, Eddie, was about to leave.
"Here," he added, reaching out to take the man's abandoned coffee. Soon, he was gone. Gregory frowned to himself as he left, folding his hands onto his knees. There was much to think about.

END SCENE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back