Drinks and Drunks

Gregory White

Greg yawned as he clutched his firewhiskey in one hand. He felt better holding the powerful serum, though he shouldn't have. He was never one to rely on a drink to calm himself, but these last few days had taken their toll. There was nothing more he wanted than to just sink into a comfortable bed and dream forever. Living rough for a week had given him an unhealthy pallor, thought his white cheeks were tinged with the pink of drink. His hair was longer, and the curls fell almost to his shoulders as he sat hunched over his last 10 galleons.

The barman had been loathe to serve him. He wasn't as dirty as a man of the streets ought to be, but in the lively bar, they did not want such zombie-like customers. Greg was unhappy to cause them angst, but he couldn't change his situation. He was a lost English boy, ill and quite lonely. A week under a blanket of snow could do that to you. Even so, he took a gulp of the burning liquid and waited for the heat to fill his usually rosy cheeks again.

Eddie was at the back of the pub. He had been there for a quite a while and was now pretty sure he was drunk. This was normal for his on a day like this, his parents had been badgering him about getting a girlfriend all day and he still didn't tell them that he liked guys too.
Eddie walked over to the bar, stumbling slightly as he did, and ordered himself another Firewhiskey. He couldn't quite stand still and kept falling though the barman was more than happy to get him another drink.

When he got his drink Eddie turned around, intending to go back to his seat, but instead he caught sight of a cute boy looking a bit rough further down the bar. "Wha's up with you?" He slurred his worded slightly but at least you could tell what he was saying.

"Eh?" said Gregory, surprised. He hadn't expected that he'd be talked to tonight. The bar was actually quiet for a winter evening. Did he know the man? He suddenly felt fortunate that he wasn't a bit drunk. Or so he thought.
"Oh, nothing but..." he said cautiously. "Goodness, look at 'ye!"
Greg pushed the curls off his face out of habit and stood, guiding the man to a bar seat. Oh dear, he thought to himself.

The man was good-looking enough, but it was obvious that he was stone drunk. Greg wasn't worried about himself however. He could handle anyone with his good-temper, but it seemed that he himself was starting to get a bit tipsy. Only once before had he been drunk, and the drink loosened his morals more than he thought was proper. Even so, Greg was lonely and bored, and making new friends was something he was good at when he wanted to be.

"I ought to be asking 'ye if 'ye were alright." he exclaimed, catching the mans shoulder as he swayed slightly. "I'm Gregory." he said in his cockney English accent, with a smile.

Eddie grinned as the other man lead him to a seat. He was more than slightly drunk so most of the thoughts in his head wouldn't stay there for long, that included the thought of how cute this man was to Eddie. "You're pretty." His voice was still slurred and the words were dragged out to much longer than normal.

Eddie nodded as the man introcued himself as Gregory. "It's simply wonderful to meet you." He put on a posh accent, giggling om a way that was not manly at all. "I'm Eddie." He took a big gulp of his drink, finishing half in one go. "Have I mentioned you're pretty." Eddie ignored the sound of the barman chuckling behind him.

Gregory’s first reaction was to turn cherry red. Which he promptly did. Apparently the man was more drunk than he had first thought. Alarm bells should have been flashing, but the firewhiskey in his system has other ideas.
“Really? So are 'ye!”
Oh, he almost face-palmed. What a thing to say to a drunk person! Now he’d go around getting ideas about all sorts of stuff like, kissing and... ooh, that wasn’t a bad idea. Stop it Gregory Yearling! he commanded himself. Stop being a ridiculous red-nosed drunkard and help this man! Eddie, then. Edward. He collected his thoughts as best he could, slinging an arm around Edward’s shoulder.
“Come on, then. Too much drink for 'ye.” Never mind himself. Carefully, he lifted Eddie to his feet and half carried him up the stairs. The barman simply shook his head at the drunk man and the partially drunk man meandering their way up in the stairwell. In his half-inebriated mind, Greg had plans to let Eddie sleep off the drink in the room he was currently staying in above the inn. Yep. Greg was drunk enough.

Eddie tried to fight against the other male as he lead Eddie away from the booze but he stopped when he realised they were going up the stairs. "Ooh, where are you taking me then eh? We only just met. " He wiggled his eyebrows ina suggesting manner to Gregory and leaned against him.

As they continued up the stairs Eddie stumbled quite a bit, always falling into poor Gregory. "Sorry pretty boy." He alsways said after falling, multiple times. Eventually they got to the top of the stair case. "Where to now curlylocks." Eddie took one of Gregory's curls and twisteed it around his finger, grinning as he played with the other mans hair.

Greg was getting redder by the minute as the man played with his hair. Even so, he laughed at the way he had asked where they were going.
“Just to my room. That’s going to be a nasty hangover in the morning.” Please stop playing with my hair! he thought silently. It’s really cute.
“Whoops!” he exclaimed as they fell against the door heavily. Tipsy as he was, he wasn’t much help at carrying. Even so, he pushed the door open to what he prayed was the correct room as they fell inwards together. Both collapsed on the floor, Eddie falling onto his chest. “Scuse, sorry...” he mumbled numerous apologies. Gregory wriggled his way out from under him and got to his feet with difficulty. When had the room started to spin? Maybe the firewhiskey was finally kicking in. Determined to keep a clear head, he helped Eddie to his feet before falling over sideways onto the bed.
“Phew.”

Eddie shrugged, still playing with his hair. "I don't doubt that Greg, can I call you Greg?" He ginned in a way that made him look stoned before he felt the wworld fall from under his feet. The next thing Eddie knew he was on top of the man who had the curly hair, Gregory. "Talk about fast moving." He winked adn laughed as Greg moved out from under him, muttering apologies, and helped Eddie up. When the other man fell onto the bed Eddie turned to him, a quite serious look on his face, the tine he used matched his expression. "Are you gay?"

Greg didn’t have a clue what was going on.
“Gehbleh, wah?” he stumbled for a second over the words. Answer his question, you goof!
“Aye, 'ye can call me Greg, but...Ah, well I'm half and half, but wh-” That was his polite explanation of bisexuality. Don’t ask why, it’s pretty obvious why he's asking. The thought made him blush all over again. What on earth was he thinking? Hopefully half and half was a suitable answer. Then again, he wasn’t entirely sure what he was doing here. His original aim had honestly been to let the man sleep it off, but this plan didn’t seem so appealing in his mind anymore. Gregory’s inhibitions had taken a hike, and all that was left to hold him back was his shyness. The drink didn’t help that. Even so, his cheeks were flaming red in a way that looked quite good on his pale skin.
“I...well, are ‘ye?”. Oh gosh, why were they still on the bed. That was just asking for trouble.

Eddie laughed at Gregs' pink cheeks and obvious shyness. "You're a sweet one aren't you?" He grinned and crawled over to the man, still laughing slightly. "You mean you're Bi?"
Eddie hoped that was what he meant, after a long day trying to put up with his grandchild wanting mother he wanted a bit of fun and he didn't want a girl today, not after the thought his mother had put into his head. Grag sseemed cute, sweet and, hopefully, as Gay as Eddie was himself. "Well?" Gregory hadn't answered the question.

"Aye, I am bi..." he almost stumbled around that word, too. He wasn't used to saying it out loud. Opportunities like this didn't come his way very often. Eddie was making him blush to high-heaven with the compliments. Greg wasn't a sucker for flattery, but he was easily wooed.
He blinked up at Eddie slowly, as though trying to fathom who he was. Greg gave him a small smile, adding a dimple to his cheeks. Even through the drink-haze he was conscious of it, and he rubbed the dimple away, embarrassed.
"I never did ask 'ye your full name, did I?". Ever polite.

Eddie's face lit up completely by the grin he wore when Greg said he was bi. "Edward Newton, Also Bi." He grinned and winked at the guy, looking remarkably like his ladies-man of a brother. "By the way, I'm loving the dimples." Eddie grinned again, hoping that the poor man would blush, it made him seem so much cuter, so did the dimples. Eddie skooched closed to Gregory, hoping he would get somewhere with the man before the sobering up started and his mind reminded him that this was a bad idea.

Where did those alarm bells get to? Ah, there they are.
Danger Will Robinson, danger! said Greg's mind as Eddie moved closer. Even so, he didn't move away. His cheeks began to glow again, and he looked down at the soft sheets as they flamed pink. Urgh, would he ever stop blushing? Apparently not, since every move Ed made to him, he didn't reject. Didn't he just say he was bi, also? Even though that was his sexual preference, Greg never had any sort of a relationship with a man before. He was sweet and naive, and it showed on his face.
He lifted his head again and almost jumped when he realised how close they were. Finally, the room stopped spinning, and he blinked up at Eddie once more, pondering the outcome of this situation. He could abandon ship, but he couldn't leave him by himself all night (which apparently had been his original plan). Choices, choices.

Eddie watched as the cheeks grew hot again and smiled in satisfaction. He lay down properly, completely relaxed with his arms crossed behind his head. "Hey Greggy, The next move is yours mate, All up to you." He found it interesting to see what he would do, he could see the cogs in the boys mind turning as he thought about his options. Eddie's eye lids began to feel a bit heavier but he didn't let it show and kept awake until Gregorys' response.

He chose to abandon ship. However, abandon ship in his drink-addled mind meant abandon the fight. Ah stuff it, I'm going to wing it. He didn't have much to lose these days, except for one more thing. And he wouldn't have that for long.
Even as he crawled over to Eddie, he could see the man's eyes drooping slightly. With a sudden burst of mischievousness, he grinned and slithered up to his chest.
"I'll wake 'ye up..."
Greg leaned down, pressing his lips to Eddie's as he fisted his hands into the other man's shirt.
Danger Will Robinson! Danger, Danger, Danger...

Eddie was slowly falling asleep as he waited for Gregorys' decision. He was startled when he something on his chest and went to say something when his lips were covered by Gregs' own. He smirked into the kiss and responded enthusiatically.
Eddie decided to let Greg lead it tonight, he wasn't sure how much he had done, the man seemed pretty innocent. For the moment at least. So Eddie returned the kiss and waited patiently for it to move onwards.

Gregory hadn’t felt so exposed in such a long time. The heat rose in his chest, and his lips curved against Eddie’s as he smiled. Well, it seemed things were up to him from this point on. Ah, lazy drunk, he thought to himself with amusement. Givin’ me all the work. It made him slightly nervous, even under the haze of firewhiskey, but soon all thought fled as he let the heat carry him away.

End scene – Resumes: The Next Morning
Gregory awoke lying on something smooth and warm that wasn't cotton. He lifted his head from where it had been pressed into the breastbone of another man. The sharp pain of a hangover lanced into his temple and he winced, still not comprehending where he was. Well, it was warm. No, not warm. Hot, very hot. It was smooth but long, and it had a face attached to it...oh no. Suddenly he was wide awake.

A newb at one-night stands, Greg had no idea what was going on. Okay, quick-action replay; he had been at the bar when he was approached by a man who said his name was...Edward? That sounded right. And then he thought it would be a good idea to let him stay up in his room while he slept off the hangover because they had both been quite tipsy. Bollocks, what had he done? Greg looked down at the still sleeping man who he was currently lying atop of with dismay. Well... his face was vaguely familiar, that was a good sign. And he was good-looking, so it wouldn't be too awkward. Which reminded him. Gregory rolled off Ed swiftly, afraid that he may have crushed him in his sleep. There was no chance of that, of course. Greg was very light, but even so. If the man didn't remember him, it would have been a strange way to wake up. He stared up at the white ceiling, wondering what the heck he was going to do next.

Eddie woke up to a bright light and a banging head. He knew immediatley he wan't at home, his room there was dark for just this purpose. He groaned from the banging in his haed and streched, freezing when his hand hit something warm and soft. It felt like sking. Eddie slowly turned towards the feeling and saw that it was skin, his habd had collided with the chest of a very cute bloke who looked a bit older than him but also younger in a way. "Wha?"

Eddie sat p and tried to remember what he had done last night, even where he was would've been a comfort but the last thing he remembered was being kicked out of one bar and moving into another. "What' 'appened?" He moaned at the other man, trying to remember his name while sheilding his eyes from the light.

Greg jumped with embarrassment as Eddie awoke and collided with him. “Wha?” exclaimed Eddie. Of course, he blushed instantly. Even though he couldn’t remember very well what had transpired, he knew he wasn’t in the buff for no good reason. At the same time, he too felt the ray of sunshine hit him in the eyes. “Ow,” he mumbled. It was quite an endearing sound. Without thinking, he rolled over and stood to pull the blinds shut.

There was a short silence. He squeaked, leaping back over to the bed and gathering up the sheets around him.

Stop acting like a girl, numbnuts. He was also busy wondering where he had found the energy to get up so fast. Greg felt as terrible as Eddie did. Whatever the case, Greg found themselves staring at each other through pain-squinted eyes. Time for reintroduction’s.
“I’m Gregory Yearling.” he said, trying to smile politely through his throbbing headache. “You’re Edward, of course.” That had better be a darn lucky guess. Keep talking. Distract him while you find your clothes! “We met last night at the bar. This my room.” This was all guess work. In the end, he doubted either of them could remember what happened anyway, so he may as well just wing it with the circumstances. Greg was trying to subtly move closer to his pants that were strewn along with another pile of clothing all over the floor. There was even a jacket hanging halfway out the window. He stared at it for a moment before re-engaging. Now that the blinds were shut over the open window, his headache started to ease. It hurt to think, but he had to. How was he going to get to his pants without exposing himself (again) but without pulling the covers off Eddie. So...confused...brain...melting!

Even with Eddie's melting brain he could put two and two together and get four, he realised what had happened. A small smile came across his face and he chuckled as the older bloke, who called himself Gregory, tried to cover himself up. Eddie looked around the room for his clothes, they were scattered everywear, eventually he caught sight of his boxers. Unlike Gregory, Eddie was used to waking up in random peoples rooms with his pants on the other side of the room, Eddie simply stood up and went to get them. He slowly got dressed, locating his outfit one peice at a time. "You got coffee?"

“Yep,” mumbled Gregory, face in the pillow.
Alright, time to move.
Eventually he sat up with a groan and pushed his curls off his forehead where they had fallen into his eyes. He stretched, flexing his back with a final yawn before becoming suddenly active. This was his usual method of awareness, although he took a little extra time playing tug-of-war with his over underwear from under the mattress.
After a time, he looked over to Edward and picked up the two mugs of coffee that he had managed to make at top speed during his usual morning madness.
“Milk? Sugar?”
This was slightly surreal for Greg. Never in his life had he woken up in this situation, so only his post-morning buzz and his determined air to be civil stopped his brain from frying.

Eddie had managed to locate both his underwear and his trousers when asked about his coffe. "Milk, two sugars tah." He searched the room for his shirt but couldn't see it anywhere. He grinned and walked up to the other man, resting his head on his shoulder form behind, slowly Eddie was remembering things, on of them being that this man, Gregory, blushed very easily." You wouldn't know where my shirt is would you?" He spoke huskily, grinning all the while.

Of course, Greg was busy adding the milk and sugar in when Eddie came up behind him. The result was both amusing and adorable. Spilling coffee on his hands, he jumped and blushed immediately. Crap. He still found this man attractive. So much for just blowing it off. He wriggled around to face him and handed him the coffee with sugar dripping off his fingers.
“Um,” he began, still blushing furiously. “Probably where mine is, and I haven’t found it yet. I found my underwear under the mattress. Could be anywhere.” Greg lifted his fingers and licked the sugar off as he scanned the room with his eyes. He wasn’t a short person, but Eddie was definitely taller. Because of that, he missed the tuft of cloth poking out on top of the wardrobe.

Eddie grinned at reaction, even though Greg was older than him, he was guessing, he seemed more innocent. It amused Eddie no end. He tapped his shoulder. "I'll leave you to the coffee then." and turned around, doing a lookover of the room. Something caught his eye on top of the wardrobe. Eddie walked over and managed to grab it, it was Gregs he assumed, it definately wasn't his. Eddie continued to search, eventually finding his under the bed. "Coffee done yet Greg?"

"Thanks!" he said as he was handed his shirt. Why didn't he think of looking on the wardrobe? Because most of the time, clothing doesn't end up there, he sighed to himself. What on earth did they do last night?
Still licking spilt coffee off of his fingers, he handed the cup to Edward. Gosh, he's pretty. We need to meet up again some time...
"I'm sorry, I don't know where you're staying, but I can take 'ye there if ye'd like." he offered as he pulled his shirt back on. He took a quiet sip of his own coffee, trying not to wince at the little cracks of light filtering through the blinds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back