Dragonflies

Tara Sitara

OOC First Name
Mia
It was a saturday afternoon a couple of weeks into the new year, the weather was looking up, a surprisingly nice day for september. just after lunch a Hufflepuff fourth year left the castle. she was dressed in an old comfortable Salwar Kameez. she walked slowly through the garden towards the lake. looking for something to draw.
Tara took a seat by the lake underneath her favourite tree. she had a small journal like sketchpad with her and a set of oil pastels with her. there were a lot of dragonflies about that morning. she sketched them as they were continually moving she decided not to sketch them like a normal but to make it a little more Impressionist, it wasn't her usual style but she found her results were rather pretty, maybe she should use oil pastels like that more often. she was absentmindedly humming/murmuring a tune as she worked. she wasn't sure what it was but it was a tune that she had heard over the summer.

Bonjour! Cosette's shirt told the world what she needed to say for the day. It's been a while since she used French inside Hogwarts New Zealand, it would be also nice to befriend a person who knew how to speak French like her. The Hufflepuff was feeling really energetic today, it was one of those days where she needing to meet a stranger once in a while. Then again, just to make sure she brought along her sketchpad. It would be nice to fill some pages and to exercise her hand, she thought. The girl the went to the Lakefront hoping to catch a critter or something to use as her inspiration. Possibly a butterfly, a moth or could be a dragonfly. For today she wanted colors, vibrant colors and so the girl brought her colored pencil with her. Her bag hanging by her shoulder and her sketchpad on her other arm, she made her way through the tree until she noticed a girl was already on her spot.

"Perhaps the dragonflies brought her here?" she thought as different dragonflies started appear. Then she heard the girl humming something unusual, perhaps it was a song from India. Cosette wondered, after all she looked an Indian girl. She then decided to approach, hoping she could join the girl. "Hey there, mind if I join you?" Cosette asked her standing nearby the tree. She took a slight peek at the girl and saw her sketch, it was really interesting. From the looks of it the two would make great friends, as they share the same hobbies.

Tara was caried away in her pictures. she liked the way it was turning out. so she kept adding more and more colours. she was so in her zone that she didnt notice someone heading towards her. intill they were right by her. she jumped slightly when she noticed the girl was beside her. "hello, sorry i didn't see you, Feel free to take a seat" she said shuffling slightly on the floor so that they could share the tree. "I'm Tara. Fourth year puff. i think i have seen you in the common room before." she said pretty sure that she was right. the girl seemed Friendly and Tara Enjoyed meeting new people. the noticed that this girl also had a sketch pad with her and was glad that she had met her. "So do you enjoy drawing?" she asked, wondering what kind of work she did. her book was filled with pencil sketches of flowers, and plants. she also like landscapes but she used a larger book for them. this was more her personal drawing journal.

It would be the way Cosette would react too when she notice a girl approaching her out of nowhere. She smiled brightly at the girl, the girl looked really familiar until she heard that she too was in Hufflepuff. "Thanks! Pleasure to meet you Tara, I'm Cosette. Fifth Year Puff." she introduced herself still smiling at her. She knew that Puff's were friendly and nice, as always they were the once who liked to gain friends. "Perhaps." she replied while fixing herself to find a comfortable spot for her to sit on. It was always a pleasure to meet new friends and the fact that it's been years since she befriended a puff like her.

"Enjoy? I love drawing things, I'm guessing you do too?" Cosette asked her pointing at her colorful drawing. It was easy to distinguish that Cosette was French after all her accent was quite fancy, it never came to her head to practice an English accent though. She noticed the girl noticed her sketchpad in her arm, which explains her question. Soon her sketchpad will be soon full, and she needed a new one as she needed more space for her artwork. Perhaps that would make a great present, coming from her father. Though she needed a unique one like her, something with a peacock pattern on it.

Tara smiled when she the girl sat down "Nice to meet you Cosette" she said she recognised the girls accent as french, her Indian accent was quite strong too, but it wasn't too strong. she put her Pastels down and closed her book. drawing could wait.as much as she loved it, she would always put people first.
She was a glad that Cosette said that she loved drawing, she hadn't found many people if anyone who loved drawing like her since she had started the school (and not before either) "Yes I love to draw too. Usually flowers and landscapes, although sometimes I draw other things" she said, the dragonflies were just so plentiful and beautiful today. many of them were metallic blue, but there was also metallic green, orange, and red. "Want kind of things do you like drawing?" she asked, she didn't like asking people a lot of question when she met them but she wanted to keep conversation going, and she was genuinely interested.

The Hufflepuff smiled back hoping to have a chat with the girl, she seems nice. Then again all Hufflepuffs were nice, except for her former friend Ashe. She was really different, the last thing she heard about her is that she transferred to Durmstrang to practice Dark Arts. Cosette nodded with every word Tara said, she agreed with her. Nature was the best thing to draw, there was something fresh with it's beauty. The dragonflies were indeed beautiful, she liked the different colors flashing. It would also be nice if she brought her camera along with her, then again it would also be so much nice to sketch the critters. "Me? I'm like a nature freak so yeah I love to sketch flowers, leaves, trees and critters like this." she replied pointing the different dragonflies flying over them.

Tara smiled she was glad that she had found someone who shared her love of art and she seemed pretty nice too. she paused as a group of the insects came close past her, and one landed on her knee. "wow" she breathed trying not to move as she knew that it would startle it. "Yeah, nature certainly supplies the most beautiful things, even the most simple things are beautiful, you just need to look at them the right way" she said hopeinf that the girl would understand and not think her crazy.

Cosette loved meeting new people, especially if they shared the same interests. It would give them a reason to spend more time together, take for example Tara. She adored drawing things like her, which makes her likable for Cosette. The dragonfly that landed on Tara's knee was beautiful, just like the other ones. "It does, and truly does." she replied nodding while glancing at the other dragonflies. The majestic beauty of the insect were really endearing to the puff, there was something that made a story to her. As nature really attracts her the most, she continued on glancing at the dragonflies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back