Dozing Off

Charlie Linus

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Charlie had begun to accept the fact that yes, he was at this school. Did he have to like it, no he did not. He did have to get used to it. This was his life, for the time being anyway and he had to deal with it. When he finished this school he would go on living as a 'muggle' but for now, it looked like he had to be a wizard.

He had been wandering for a while, he was getting sick of the common room and the dorm. He realised he had arrived at the cliffs. He took a seat against a large rock and rested his head against the back of it. He hadnt slept a good nights sleep the whole time he had been at this school. He didnt like sleeping in a bed that wasnt his. It seemed unnatural and even though it technically was his now. He didnt think he could get used to it any time soon.

Rolling his shoulders, Charlie shut his eyes, the last image was the setting sun over the cliffs. He was in the blissful stage of not sleeping not awake. Where dreams felt controlled but thoughts felt like dreams.

Katie had just sent her family a letter, telling them how she had gotten into Gryffindor, or 'Gryffi' as she called it. She didn't miss home much, there was only stupid school and stupid people. Katie had always known she was different, and this proved it. A witch, great. Now she couldn't tell any of her muggle friends her 'big secret', and actually had to put up with everything the school threw at her.

Kat didn't like this school, there was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide: it was prison. Girls like Katie Lynfield couldn't do as they were told, and did everything they could to annoy professors. So far, Kat had found a grand total of: one person, one person that thought the same way as her.

After a while of walking, Katie was by the lake, a little bit more and she was by the cliffs. How she had gotten here was anyone guess, it wasn't easy to get up the cliffs. A boy was also on the cliffs, and he looked like he was asleep. Katie was tired, she had trouble sleeping. She was used to sleeping in a tiny closet, not a lnoisy dorm room. She sat down on a rock, and thought about things.

Charlie vaguely heard footprints, but thought perhaps they were in his thoughts. He ignored them and left his eyes closed. It wasnt until the footprints stopped and he drifted further into the world of awake that he realised there was another prescence nearby. He opened his eyes and looked around, to see a girl not far sitting against a rock just like him.

He freaked for a second, wondering whether he should say hi or just leave it. He could talk to people now. He had spoken to Lucy and Skye. He had had whole conversations with them even. He could do it, he needed to make friends now that he knew he could. He wouldnt get through school at all if he couldnt do that.

"Hello." He said a little quieter than he had intended. It didnt matter though, because the girl would still hear him. First impressions were important, but Charlie struggled to get them right. He hoped he hadnt messed this one up before it began.

Katie smiled at the boy who had been asleep, hoping she wasn't bothering him. "Hey." she replied, a little shyly. When Kat wasn't with her friends she was a little shy, but with them she was a completely different person. "I'm Katie." she said. Katie always introduced herself as Katie, but all of her friends called her Kat.

Katie wasn't sure if she should stay here and talk, or let the boy sleep. "If you don't mind me asking, why were you sleeping out here?" she asked, hoping not to offend the other person. Katie was blunt at the best of times, and it wasn't always a good thing.

Charlie half grinned as she introduced herself. "Im Charlie." He said in return. Well, that had gone well, now onto the conversation that usually comes a bit easier. Charlie thought to himself.

He had to chuckle lightly at her question. He shook his head, "I wasnt sleeping, almost." He admitted, "I just-" He stopped wondering whether he should say it, he thought over it quickly then realised there was no harm done. "-havent been sleeping very well lately." He confessed with a small shrug. "What you doing all the way out here?" He asked, going along with the best convertion he could.

Katie gave Charlie a sympathetic look as he said that he hadn't been sleeping well. "I know what you mean, it's a little strange in this new place." she commented. Katie read people well, it was one of the only things she was good at. "Um, I have actually not idea how I got here. One second I was in the library, the next on the cliffs..." she said with a laugh. Typical ditzy Kat. "Isn't this place supposed to be out bounds?" she said, more a statement than a question.

Charlie nodded, looking out to the view that lay in front of him. The corners of his mouth curved up slightly when she admitted she had no idea how she got out here. Charlie knew what that felt like. "Erm. I'm not sure if it is or not." He confessed when she asked if it were out of bounds. "Right now Im too tired to care." He let his eyes fall shut for a moment, and for a split second he couldnt be sure he would be able to open them again, before he forced himself to open his eyes and keep them on the view.

Katie laughed. "Well, even if it is, not many people could catch us here." she mused. His eyes shut for a moment, and Kat thought she hsd better let him sleep. "Um, do you want me to leave so you can get some sleep?" she asked, half standing up from the rock she had been sitting on.

Charlie half laughed, that was true. This place was pretty deserted, he had to make a note to come up here more often. He could get some fresh air and still be left alone. He opened his eyes when Katie said she could leave him alone. "No your okay." He said waving his hand dismissively. "I'll head up to the dorms soon enough." He admitted, truth be told, he was finding the occational social interaction better for him than hauling himself up in the dorms all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back