Downpour

Ava Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Ava sat in the Slytherin common room with a few pieces of parchment in front of her. She was planning on getting on top of her assingments today but when she saw the sun beaming through the window she changed her mind completely. Getting up quickly, she grabbed her pieces of parchment and ran up to her dorm.

Since she was going outside where many students would be she figured she would have to dress a lot nicer than what she was wearing. She took her time carefully picking out an outfit as she did everyday but this time it seemed to be a little longer. What if I saw Sterling? She asked herself before finally coming up with an outfit.

Ava left the dorm and walked at a slow pace down to the entrace hall. She was glad with her decision, if she hadn't decided to come out here she would still stuck up in the common room doing an assignment. Once Ava left the castle she walked across the lawn again at a continued slow pace until she felt a couple of raindrops land on her head. Looking up in confusion Ava saw that there was dark clouds gathering, she quickly looked back to the castle which was quite a bit away. She bit her lip worriedly. Her hair was getting destroyed and the rain was getting heavier and heavier.

She put her hands over her head and ran quickly to the nearest tree. But it didn't help she was still completely soaked. "Great idea." She muttered to herself sarcastically. She was cold, wet and probably looked like a wet animal. Ava slumped herself down at the base of the tree, there was nothing else she could do. Only sit and wait for the downpour to stop.

Kaede had been locked up inside all day and couldn't take it anymore. After she had grabbed an umbrella, she ran outside into the rain. Even though her shoes and socks were getting soaked, the rain was calming. As she was walking through the gloppy, mushy, damp grass, she saw a girl sitting under a tree. She looked soaked and the tree didn't look like it was keeping the rain away very well. This umbrella is pretty big she thought. I wonder if she would want to share it with me?

Not knowing if she did or not, she decided to walk up to her anyways. Standing a few feet away, she said under then harsh pounding of the rain, "Do you want to share my umbrella? I know it won't try you off, but you won't get any wetter either. Smiling, she hoped the girl would respond.

Ava sighed in an annoyed fashion as the rain didn't seem to cease over. Many raindrops were still leaking in and there was nothing she could do about it. Doing assingments would be so much better right now She thought to herself stubbornly. Then she heard a voice through the pattering of the rain. She looked at the girl in an emotionless expression. She had never seen her before. "No I don't want to share your umbrella." She snapped at her fustratedly. She knew the girl was only trying to be nice but Ava was peaved off and when Ava was peaved off the only thing was to leave her alone.

Kaede's smile dropped as the girl faltered. Even though the girl had responded kind of meanly, she didn't want to just leave her there in the rain. She didn't care if she got wet, because she liked the rain. It reminded her of when she was younger and would play in the rain with her sisters. "Okay, well, if you don't mind, I'll just leave this here with you." Shaking out the water from the umbrella, she closed it. Softly setting it on the ground within the girl's reach, she turned to walk away. Stopping, she turned back around and said, "Don't worry about returning it, I have another one back in my dorm." Turning back around, she ran back out into the rain.

Ava looked at the girl in confusion. What is she doing? She asked herself shaking her head unnoticably. As the girl dropped the umbrella within her reach and then stepped back into the rain, Ava raised her eyebrow. "What?" She said looking down at the umbrella, how tempting it was to take it for herself. "Don't.." She began and looked at the girl in the rain. Typical 'Puff She thought pressuming the girl was a Hufflepuff by the way she acted. "Don't be an idiot." She said quickly. "Take it. Its yours." She said staring at the girl.

Kaede looked back to see the girl yelling for her not to leave it. She yelled back over the rain, "No, it's ok, I'm wet already, besides, I can just dry off when I get back." She had another umbrella back in her dorm, so it wasn't much of a loss. "You look like you could use it more anyways." She said it in a friendly way, and it wasn't meant in a way that made it sound like the girl looked like she needed and umbrella, Kaede just thought she looked cold, and wanted her to have it.

"I insist, keep it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back