Downloading fonts from Dafont onto GIMP...?

Jennifer Wilkonson

OOC First Name
Alexis.
Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Hi I was wondering how I get fonts onto GIMP so I can make a banner or whatever.. If you could go step by step I would appreciate it :)

You download the font..

You have to have a win rar program or 7-zip to extract the font

Go to control Panel, then fonts

put the extracted file in you fonts folder, you font should appear everywhere there is a option to have font,
not just GIMP :)

Actually you don't have to restart it all you have to do is Open the Font Selection Dialog and Rescan, it takes about a minute but then your new font will be added to the list without having to restart Gimp.

Yes, but sometimes that freezes GIMP and if you haven't saved your work you're pretty much screwed because it will automatically ask to close it without a chance to save.

I think all the studying I've been doing has made me computer illiterate but where is the control panel? Is that the start button. (I have a feeling I'm going to be embarrassed when someone answers me.)

Yeah I just had my retarded moment after my exam :p
Leighton Marsters said:
put the extracted file in you fonts folder, you font should appear everywhere there is a option to have font,
not just GIMP :)
How do I put it into the font folder?

Right click the folder of the font > Extract All Files > Copy ( C:erm:Windows\Fonts ) into the search bar and click next or extract at the bottom of the screen.

That should work.

I figured it out :D I just have to install it into some other document place then copy it into the font folder! Thanks sooooooooooo much everyone :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back