Down by the Lake

Barbara Grant

Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Barbara wandered out of the Castle, her ball in her hands. She was kitted out in a football strip, as usual, and today she was wearing a Scotland one. Her hair was loose and in it's natural waves, falling about her shoulders, and she had shoved on a white baseball cap messily over the top it all.
Today, the sun was hidden behind some rather nasty looking rain clouds, and it was chilly. Barbara enjoyed weather like this but, growing up in Balloch had given her basically no other option, it was a miracle when the sun stayed out for a whole day there!
Humming happily, she sat herself down at the edge of the Lake and stared out over the water. Despite the weather, it looked so calm and welcoming. Barbara had only been swimming once so far, but she decided that wether the weather was nice the next day or not, she would fling on a costume and hope for the best!
Dropping a hand into the water, she dragged it across the surface, smiling as it rippled at her fingertips. Pulling her hand back out, she wiped it on her shorts and jamp to her feet, beggining to sing, loudly and badly, the chorus of Wonderwall, Oasis, while doing keepy-up's with her ball.

Teddy made his way down to the lake. He had decided it was definately one of his favourite places in the castle if not the favourite place.

As he wondered down the bank watching the clouds, the weather didn't bother him much as he had lived in so many different places, a singing voice intereupted his thoughts. Teddy looked up and saw a blonde girl singing a well known song while doing kick ups. Quietly Teddy began to sing along though he couldn't remember the name of it and he walked over to join her.

"You're doing quite well." He was talking about the kick ups, she had done quite a few and he had a feeling he couldn't do better. Probably because I'm a rugby guy. Teddy convinced himself.

Barbara caught the ball in her hands and smiled at the boy who had spoken to her. "I can do 36 without stopping" she told him, laughing slightly as her large brown eyes sparkled. "I'm Barbara" she grinned, moving the ball so it was now under her left arm and holding her right hand out for the boy to shake. "Do you play football?" she asked, wondering if he'd be up for a game. So far, she was alot more boyish than the boys she'd met at Hogwarts!

Teddy grinned, she seemed friendly, unlike most of the people he had met at this school. "I'm Teddy." He shook her hand. "Not really, I prefer rugby. Football always seemed like it was too full of drama whenever I watch it." It was true, everytime he went to watch it there were people faking things to win. In rugby if the injury really happened you carried on and if it didn't, you still carried on.

Barbara grinned as the boy who introduced himself as Teddy shook her hand. Laughing, she nodded her head. "Yes, I guess it is alot of drama, but when it's played properly it's fun" she shruged brightly.
"So, you're a rugby boy" she said, "I've watched it a few times but never tried to play it, all the players end up jumping on top of each other to get the ball, right?" she asked, trying to remember.

Teddy laughed at her summary of it. "That's about right, It's really fun though as long as you don't hurt yourself too bad." He had hurt himself loads over the years of playing and had many bumps scars and marks to prove it but he had had fun doing it and that was what mattered to him.

Barbara laughed. "I'll take your word for it" she said, grinning. "Have you been enjoying it here, so far?" she asked, bouncing the ball up and down. She had personally loved it, being a muggleborn it was all still new and exciting for her.

Teddy laughed along with her. "Yeah, made a load of great friends, that's what matters really. How about you?" Teddy had always been about having friends as well as rugby. A lot of people had wondered how he had so many friends without enemies as he grew up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back