Doodlin' the Scenery

"Other than drawing, you mean?" said Sam softly as they walked.

Of course he was only feigning ignorance. He knew exactly what Sephora was talking about. Now there came to him the pressing problem of the new group of friends he had made vs. his 'sweetheart' that he never saw. Siobhan was a Gryffindor, and they hated Gryffindors. The girls probably wanted to keep Sam for themselves (not necessarily in a bad way), but if they would approve of him with... just him and Sephora if they could approve anyone.

There is no 'Sephora and I', said his mind. We're friends. The lie was feeble in his mind, and he hated the tension of each moment just like Sephora did.

You're crazy. said his heart. You're crazily besotted love-struck puppy-eyed, head-over-heels for Sephora and you know it. Rather than being elated, he was dragged into a pool of depression. What on earth was he to do? In fact, they'd only known each other for a few weeks. Sephora probably didn't even think of him in that way. His Aunt would tell him that he was too young, and he would love to agree, bu the fact still stood. Sam liked Sephora.

Sephora walked alongside him; they haven't spoken ever since they left the sparrow dominated field.

"uhh. yeah, other than drawing...." she raised a hand to her cheek feeling flushed and worn out.
"Seph...you should really tell him..." her conscious telling her.
Sephora shook her head and carried on;
"Uh...I know, why don't you teach me some calligraphy?" She quietly spoke, she could feel the tension rising fast and she started to wonder that putting her head on Sam's shoulder was a bad idea.
"Ugh, great move there Seph. Well done"
"Shut up, Shut up, Shut up!" She muttered to herself; hoping that Sam didn't hear her, but the thought of him did hearing turned her cheeks into a dark pink.

Sam couldn't help it- he grinned at both her question and her quiet rebuke of herself. He laughed, and hugged her to his side as they walked.

"You're so cute," he said as he beamed down at her. You know what? What the hell. I may as well. It could be taken for innocent, anyway.

He leaned down and pressed a kiss into her hair in a companionable way. When the did, he felt an unexpected jolt in his lower ribcage that almost made him stumble. Sam you fool, what have you done? said his mind as sparks flew in his mind's eye. Joy flooded his system, and he picked Sephora up around the waist and swung her around, laughing. Okay, fine. I'll indulge just this once.

Sephora wondered where this was heading (and for that matter, where were they going?), students passing by were curiously staring at their close intimacy - as if First Years didn't act this way.
She felt Sam pulling her closer towards him, the warmth that she experienced before from holding his hand was suddenly coming back and she gave a gentle sigh.

"Now's your chance Seph! Take it!"

Except, she was too late - she felt Sam's lips pressing against her head and she blushed, she was going to say something - but nothing came out. And the next thing she knew, was staring into his eyes as he picked up up and swung her around in circles.

After she was placed firmly on the ground, her hands were wrapped around his waist, and her cheeks were pink, she looked around her...no one was around, she placed one hand in her bag trying to find something as she went on tip toes to get to the same height as Sam. Feeling her shyness coming through, she pressed her lips against Sam's cheek and feeling the warmth of his cheek building up into another one of his blushes.

As she went back down, she found the object that she found in her bag;
"Your Anti-Blush Serum..." She released her grip from Sam and opened her Vial, Taking a sip before giving the rest to Sam.

Sam almost passed out when she kissed his cheek. So much for an anti-blush serum if he was going to faint. He took the vial, stunned, and thought that if he was going to use it at any point in time, this would probably be it. He took a sip of the cherry-smelling liquid that immediately cooled his cheeks, but not his heart. He still had his arms around Sephora with the expression that would probably be classified as 'stunned mullet'.

The warmth left his cheeks and spread to the rest of his body instead, creating a harmony bordering on lethargy. With deliberate care, he raised her chin with on finger and kissed her gently on the lips.

Anyone watching would have 'aww'd, but as it was there were only the far away sparrows tweeting to themselves at what they had seen. First years didn't do this sort of thing, it was true. But he didn't feel like a first year at that moment. He felt like an ordinary boy who had fallen for a beautiful girl with long blonde hair with her arms around him.

Sam broke away slowly, only so far so that their noses were touching as he looked into her eyes.

Sephora was in a daze, as if a fantasy just came into a reality and she couldn't help smile.

"Hey, dude. Don't stop now!" Her Sub-Conscious messages we're really becoming a pain now.

She felt a finger pulling her chin up and she saw the light blue eyes that had once mesmerized her, she closed eyes as she felt his lips pressed against hers - he was soft and gentle, but it had incredible emotion behind it.

"Your first kiss ehhhh?"

When he broke off, his nose was still touching hers, and she gazed into his eyes.
"I think..I think I kinda...I think I like you" she whispered as she was still gazing; She didn't expect this to happen in her first year at Hogwarts, but for now - that didn't matter. She fell for someone - who happened to be the first person she talked to seriously in quite a while.

"Really? I like you, too," answered Sam as his nose grazed hers.

He placed a cool thumb on her lips as he smiled at her, and although unable to blush now, his eyes sparkled with delight. He felt like he had age five years in that one moment, and it wasn't an unpleasant feeling. "You're quite beautiful, did you know," he said softly as he traced the outline of her lips with that one finger. Sam was getting love-struck and he knew it. Eventually he would have to snap out of it if they were going to make it back to the castle, so he reluctantly pulled away.

The moment nearly broke but the dream-like expression did not leave him. Grinning, he picked her up and swung her behind in in a piggy-back ride. "Let's go get some cake," he laughed and began walking.

Sephora's eye's sparkled like Sam's sparkled - She was in a daze and she was falling completely for him.

"Okay Lovebug, cut it out now"

Sephora felt him swing her into a Piggy back ride, Giggling as the feeling reminded her of riding Domino;
"You want cake? We just gorged ourselves full of cake the other day" She giggled and she rested her head against his head, kissing his head.

She was in the mood for cake, something about it made her crave for it.
"I hope there's Pavlova" She sighed with content, wishing that the day never went away.

"Oh, Pavlova sounds nice," agreed Sam. They had gone cake crazy the other day, so maybe only a slice or two today."Or a Lamington! Yum..."

His upper body tingled when she kissed his head. Don't drop her, you fool! cried his mind as he shivered slightly. He know she could feel it, and was grateful that the anti-blush serum was working. He ought to start selling the stuff. It was working quite well. Besotted, absolutely besotted, sighed his mind as he carried her all the way up to the front steps.

People were looking, of course. A few second year girls looked at them and giggled, 'aww-ing' to themselves as they passed. He would never stop thanking himself for that serum. Sam swung his arms behind him and caught her around the waist, lifting her in front of him. "Ladies first," he grinned.

Sephora giggled and she went through the door, holding Sam's hand as it felt right.
She walked into the Entrance Way and saw many of the other students giggling and 'awwing' at them.

"Thank god for your serum" she muttererd at Sam as she made her way to the Great hall until she had an idea;
"Uhh...you know why, why don't we just hang out in the common room and get one of the house elves to bring it up?" She whispered; "I don't think I can take the staring much longer" She smiled at him.

"Does this mean you two are like...a couple?" Her conscious asked
"I'm not completely sure" She whispered quietly to herself.

"Sure," replied Sam, equally embarrassed by all the attention. Even so, he had never been so pleased in all his life, and he had no trouble showing it. He took her hand once again ans they tramped up to the common room.
"That's quite a good idea." he said in a jolly voice, pleased to jsut be in her company, comfortable at last.

END SCENE
(( Do you mind if I end it here? We can start anew in the common room. Gosh, three pages... ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back