OOC First Name
Charlie
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Whippy Black Walnut Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
When it came to Quidditch, Fin had long since decided that the sport held some kind of vendetta for him. He never seemed to do well, always missing his shots or watching the quaffle get easily blocked by the keeper. It was somewhat getting to the point where he was just considering hanging up his broom for good and letting someone far more talented have his spot. It would just be easier that way, and it was not like he held some fondness for the sport. He'd end up with far fewer bruises from bludgers, for starters. But there was still a part of him that didn't want to just throw in a towel, something telling him that he should just stick with it now he had started even if he did really really suck. He was still trying to decide what to do, finding himself sitting in the stands and quietly watching a few other students flying around above his head, sighing heavily as he rested his chin in his hand, trying to get comfortable on the rather uncomfortable wooden seats.

not me jumping in an older thread to kickstart muse sorry

Dahlia was in two minds about quidditch. On one hand, she loved playing a team sport again, but on the other, it wasn't really a team sport so much as a 'all the responsibility is on one person and if they fail the captains will resent them'. She could tell that Zephryn thought very little of her for not catching the snitch when they played Ravenclaw. That wasn't how teams were meant to be. Sure, a goal shooter had responsibility to score, but the center still had to get the ball to them, the wings still had to move the ball around the opposition, the defense still had to be on point. Maybe she shouldn't have signed up for it after all. She found herself wandering down to the pitch hoping to practice, but ended up just sitting on the stands, near Finley. She didn't know the boy well, but at least knew his name and face from classes. "Hey," she said, figuring she should be at least friendly, although she had no idea if Gregory had vented about her being horrible or something. "Taking a break?"

Fin had been so occupied staring up at the heavens and watching other people fly around that he hadn't noticed anyone else had even come over. So, he almost jumped when he heard a voice, though quickly tried to play it off as he offered the Gryffindor a small smile. "I, er, I guess," he wasn't really taking a break from anything, he was more just thinking about things. But he doubted that she wanted to sit there and listen to his problems, so he decided to keep his mouth closed on the matter. So, the best way to move the conversation away from himself, was to turn it on another person. "What are you doing here?" Maybe she would just be happy to talk about herself so he didn't have to try and make conversation. It had never really been his strong suit.

Dahlia shrugged. It wasn't the easiest question to answer. But, she didn't exactly want to start getting dour on people again, as nobody liked a whiner and she needed more friends. "Oh, you know," she said, airily. "Kinda hoping I suddenly get good at Quidditch." Though, apparently she wasn't in the habit of lying, as that was pretty much the crux of it. "I thought it'd be real fun, be just like being on a netball team again. Or even like Friday arvo cricket or softball, where everyone just kinda messes around and doesn't take it seriously." She smiled, despite herself. "But it's not really like anything else, huh?" She gave Finley a curious look, as though she was mentally running through records. "You play for Hufflepuff, right?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back