Don't Argue with Me

Alexius Strauss

OOC First Name
LIn
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Alexius stormed out of the DADA class fuming and not so silently either. Once again his brother had upstaged him and once again he was made to feel inferior. He knew this was a ludicrous thought and an even more ludicrous feeling to have but ever since himself and Max had embraced their magical abilities and began attending Beauxbatons it was his brother who seemed to become highly polished at everything and with very little work involved either. Alex slammed the door behind him not caring in the slightest who was coming out next but seriously hoping it was his brother.

The class had been regarding wandless magic and try as he might Alex had not managed to move his roll of parchment even an inch while Maximus on the other hand was not only after three attempts able to move his parchment but was able to unroll it as well. Much to the delight of all the blasted girls in the classroom. Running his hand through his hair, an exasperated hand clenching his hip he glanced up and down the hall planning his next move. Anywhere was better than here right now, so turning left he took his usual long strides down the corridor.

Max returned the smile of his class mates as they congratulated him on a job well done, turning to face his twin he noticed the sullen expression as he left the classroom. The bell had barely gone and yet Alex was out the door and non too pleased it would seem. Max sighed packing up his things and letting some of his friends know he would see them later. Upon reaching the door it was hastily slammed back in his face and he grimaced. Obviously Alexis was in a real pickle of a mood and Maximus had a fair idea why. Opening the door he moved swiftly into the hall way brushing passed students beginning to fill the corridor on their way to or from a class.

"Alex!" he called out loudly as he saw his brother saunter off down the corridor, swinging the bag over his back and making sure his wand was tucked into his pocket well enough he jogged his way down the corridor to catch up with him. Ever since they were small Alex had always presumed there was an unspoken rivalry between them but Max had never seen it that way. He was naturally better at some things as Alex was but of course his beloved brother never saw it this way.

"Hey would you slow it down" he chuckled coming to fall into step alongside of his slightly younger by about two minutes, twin.

He tried desperately to lose himself in the crowd of students but still could hear his brothers voice over the throng. Rolling his eyes Alexius walked on purposefully until he saw from his peripheral vision Maximus walking along side of him.

"Why should I slow down, how about you try keeping up?" he growled at him, turning the corner to the stairwell and taking the steps two at a time. Once on the landing he kept up the fast pace he had started earlier, it was now merely pride that kept him from slowing down or stopping. Alex knew deep down that he was being unfair completely irrational but what could he do about it? He glowered as some girls passed them on the stairs and smiled directly at Max as if he didn't exist at all. Alex wasn't bad looking for crying out loud, he thought he was actually able to hold his own in that department but still the girls fell like withered leaves at his brothers feet. It was enough to set him off once again. This time he swung his bag from his shoulder to carry it in his arms close to his chest. Holding it this way might just prevent him from throwing a punch at Max.

"Can't you just get lost" he glowered.

"Can't you stop acting like the worlds greatest jerk for a while" he chuckled light heartedly as they walked on. The mass of students filtering through the hallways didn't give them much of a chance to talk and the rate Alex was walking it was quite clear he didn't want to talk to him anyhow.

This was bordering on the ridiculous and if Alex wasn't careful the two would end up having a good old punch up just to clear the air. They hadn't one now in a while so it probably wouldn't hurt. He followed him around the corner and stood out of the way as a gang of students passed.
"Ladies" he smiled at them in return, noticing his brothers furious face. Max shook his head and at his brothers retort raised both hands in the air as if defending himself.
"Why should I get lost. Look what are you sore about this time? That I managed to unroll a piece of paper and you didn't? So what, you'll get it next time. You usually do".

Next time, yeah he'd get it next time but it was never good enough then was it? Alexius stormed off at an even faster pace, his anger building slowly inside him. Just once he wanted to get it first time off, do a perfect spell. Create a perfect potion, get an answer right first time out instead of always second best, retrying again and again. He wished now that Max would just push off and leave him alone, was that really too damn hard to ask for? Obviously it was as he glanced over at his brother.

Stopping dead in his tracks then he frowned at him.
"Look for just one day, I would like to be out of your blasted shadow. Is that too damned much to ask?" his voice rose an octave and he could care less who was listening now, he glowered at Max now ready to throw his bag down and slap him around a bit if he had to.

Max looked at his brother wishing he didn't always feel so inferior, that Alex for once would recognise his own worth as an individual and stop taking his failures or slip ups out on him as if he were to blame. Sometimes Alex was simply his own worst enemy.

"You don't think I don't wish that?" Max kept his voice from rising, kept it calm though once in a while he wished he was more like his brother and just let rip when it suited him.

"I wish you'd stop thinking your shortcomings are my damn fault. Two minutes Alex, I was born two minutes before you and you've held it against me all our lives. It's time you got over yourself and realized the world does not owe you any favors."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back