Do You Come Here Often?

Leila Walden

OOC First Name
Lauren
Leila had been accustomed to roaming the streets of Obsidian Harbour over the past couple of months, although, not without Jess. However, Leila had been sent out to grab something from the menagerie at short notice so she decided to go without her best friend which was a little daunting at first. However, she made her way down the main street towards the Menagerie and looked through the glass at all the different animals that were available. She dreamed of the day when she could have her own pet and take it to Hogwarts too. Leila loved her sister's half kneazle and wanted one so desperately of her own but she wasn't allowed until she would start at the school like Maddie and Aaron. She huffed at the thought of waiting and prepared herself to go into the shop, going over what her mother had requested her to get.

Her dad had given her a kitten as a present when she arrived in New Zealand. Elly named the little critter Jynx. Her dad had taken Jynx from the local pound and Elly instantly fell in love with the tiny furball. Today she wanted to buy something special for him. Elly did not want to waste any time today and wanted to be back home before four. Elly was wearing a long buttoned up coat and a pair of blue ripped jeans. Elly had stash of magical currency in a pouch on her room. Her mum would send her magical allowance every month. After a quick run Elly arrived at the place of destination. Obsidian Harbour was bustling with people and Elly could not run through any more. Elly was not that tall and she could not see a clear path in front of her. She had to push people away to get through. That was not something Elly liked, but she had a goal in mind today. And no one was going to stand between her and her goal. Soon she arrived at the Mengarie, but she had not watched where she was going. Elly bumped into someone's back. It seemed that it was a girl around her age. ''Sorrry!!!'' Elly squeaked. ''I did not mean to hurt you, I am Elly.'' all the words came out like a blur. ''What are you here for?'' Elly could only hope the girl was not cross with her.

Too lost in thought, Leila had not realised that she was stationary within the hustle and bustle of the crowds which clearly made it hard for people to pass. This was evident when someone around Leila's own height bumped into the back of her. Luckily, it wasn't hard enough for Leila to fall over as she caught herself on the menagerie window to steady herself. She turned around to see who it was that had bumped into her and Leila was pleased to see that it was indeed a girl who looked around her own age and it was a perfect opportunity for her to make another friend. The girl even introduced herself without even being asked and Leila grinned. "Hi Elly! I'm Leila. It was my fault, I was in my own world. The animals inside are so cool I just want all of them!" she chatted away to the girl with ease. "I'm here to pick up supplies for all of the animals back home" Leila explained "what are you here for?"

Luckily Elly hadn't hurt the girl that much and she did not seem angry. ''I hope for you, you dont get all of them.'' Elly giggled ''Or do you want to open the Hogwarts Zoo?'' Elly assumed that the girl was going to Hogwarts this year. And owning every animal in here was not safe. Some would eat each other or be too dangerous to keep for a first year. I mean a Kneazle already had thre x's in the ministry of Magic Classification. Her mom had learned the main ones to her. She didn't want Elly walking off with a dangerous pet. Luckily Jynx was just a normal cat without any magical side effects. ''Hello Leila'' a smile appeared on her face ''It was my fault I was too excited to enter'' Elly paused looking through the window of the shop. No wonder the girl wanted to buy the whole lot. Well she didn't want a frog, but the owls looked powerful and magical. Elly nodded when the girl answered her question. ''I am here to get something special for my kitten Jynx.'' Elly wondered if you were allowed to take non magical cats into a magical village. You could probably take them with you, they wouldn't tell a soul about magic. ''Do you got a pet of your own at home?'' Elly was curious if she had some radical magical critter at home. Maybe she had a dragon, that would be awesome but dangerous. But eh, free fireplace right?

Leila giggled with the girl "I know!" she exclaimed "I would love to own all of them though" she said smiling at the thought of all the animals running around the house. Leila absolutely loved animals and wanted to keep every single one she saw, she decided that once she was older she was absolutely going to do that. She nodded enthusiastically at Elly' suggestion and jumped up and down "yes!!" she answered excitedly "lets do it! Hogwarts Zoo! It would be so cool don't you think?" she asked Elly. "So you're going to Hogwarts too? I can't wait to go! My brother and sister are already there and i'm just dying to get there! I hope I get into the same house as them! What house are you hoping for?" Leila asked the girl, she was so thrilled to find someone else that she would know at Hogwarts.

Leila waved her hand at Elly's explanation for bumping into her "it's totally fine! I'm the exact same!" she said smiling at her new friend. "You have a kitten? What is it like? Do you have it with you?" Leila asked excitedly, she hadn't received a pet of her own yet and she was dying to get one. She shook her head at Elly's question "I don't. My parent's promised me that they would get me a pet when we go shopping for my school supplies in a few months. I don't know what I want! An owl would be so useful but cats are so cute. I just want them all" she sighed, turning back to look through the window at all the animals.

The girl was so enthusiastic that Elly was shocked for a moment. She had always thought she was pretty out there, but this girl won awards. It was amazing how active and lively this girl was. Elly laughed when the girl was serious about her Hogwarts Zoo comment. ''Well, yes it would be amazing, but I don't think we could pull it off.'' Elly said matter of factly ''We would probably be expelled if we change Hogwarts to a petting zoo'' Elly wondered about how Hogwarts would look. The lake would be filled with water creatures and the forest would have a petting zoo. With horses and goats, sheep and chickens. Elizabeth could not wait to go to Hogwarts. She had been overly excited for months now, she had met so many classmates already. ''I can't wait to go to Hogwarts'' Elly was excited you could notice it in every word she spoke about the school. ''I want to be a proud lion, but Ravenclaw would be okay too.'' Elly loved the aesthetics of Gryffindor. I mean who wouldn't want to be a lion in red. ''You?'' Elly paused she secretly hoped Leila was hoping to be a Gryffindor student as well.

When Leila adressed her kitten Jynx, she remebered what she was actually doing her again. ''It is a mixed breed my dad rescued it from the pound.'' Jynx was a lovely critter, she was the only cat that would crawl on your lap and lay down. ''She is at home, but she is the best kitten I could wish for.'' Elly responded truthfully. ''Why didn't your parents let you get a pet before?'' Elly her parents had good reasons why she couldn't have one before. ''I sometimes wish you could bring multiple pets to Hogwarts.'' Elly paused mid sentence ''I mean I can't exactly use Jynx to send mail around.'' Jynx would probably get lost and eat the mail. Or get eaten by some magical creature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back