Do-San Tul- or at least an attempt.

Olive Mayfield

OOC First Name
Liv
Wand
twelve inch rata with the essence of a toi-toi frond
Up here in the towers, this was the closest that Olive Mayfield had gotten to outside since the start of the school year. And now it was the holidays, but Olive opted to stay at Hogwarts. Her family were in Brightstone at the family home, without her. Olive didn't quite get along with her family like she used to. The Hufflepuff glared at a fantail who decided to land on the big stone wall separating the tower and thin air. It was tweeting noisily, enough to get on her nerves. Olive disliked loud noises.

Olive swept her hair into a bun, tying it with a band she had left on her wrist. There was little wind, only a breeze strong enough to make her light hair dance around her face and annoy her. It seemed like everything annoyed her lately. Olive mused over this fact, biting her lip. Not daring to move too close to the edge, she tested out a few fundamental Taekwon Do moves before settling into a basic pattern. The North Tower made a perfect place to practice; the people who came here didn't mind her quietly fixing techniques up. The tower was big enough for everyone, anyway. She finished Do-San a little red-cheeked, not used to physical activity and certainly less fit than she was used to. Her trackie-clad legs moved the black belt to a bench, where she sat down and looked around, disappointed at her own pathetic efforts at the green-stripe level pattern.

Shaylah had been in a better mood recently. She hadn't seen markov since he'd hit her and sydney was always at school. Plus, the midget crew seemed to have stopped bugging her. It suited her. Now that she seemed to be making friends for once she didn't want her little brother coming and ruining it all for her. Although, she was bound to do that by herself at some point. It was the kind of thing she always did. Without meaning to as well. Shay seemed to have grown up with the word fail written across her head. That's all she ever seemed to do.

Shay had decided to go up to the tower today. She didn't know why. It had been ages since she had been in any of the towers. Except the astronomy tower of course. She liked is astronomy lessons. It was one of the only lessons she paid attention to.

Shay stopped walking when she got to the top of the tower. There was a girl there trying to learn self defence of some sort. All she knew was it wasn't kickboxing. She'd grown up doing that on a weekly basis. She couldn't help but laugh slightly when she saw that the girl quite obviously couldn't do whatever she was trying to do. "You really need to find your centre of balance." Shay surprised herself when she spoke. She never spoke to strangers. Especially ones that didn't look slytherin.

Olive's head couldn't get around the fact that she wasn't doing this pattern as well as she used to. Thinking over how long it was since she began the hobby, a simple pattern like this should have been easy. About to try it again, a voice spoke nearby. Olive narrowed her eyes, offering a faint glare. "I know that, I've been training since I was five. But, I haven't practiced since the start of term so I'm a bit shaky." she stated, voice shaky like it always was. Unless Olive was singing, she had a voice that she hated. Confrontation was far from what the girl wanted right now, and she stood up to begin Choong-Moo, her black-stripe level one. She wondered briefly if she was still being watched, and self-consciously stepped into the first movement.

Shaylah rolled her eyes at the girl's attitude. She'd never seen the girl in any of her classes and there was no way she was older than Shay so she guessed the girl was a third or fourth year student. Though, that didn't explain which house she was in. Shay had always liked trying to guess what house someone was in. It helped her trying to read people. That was definitely a skill she'd started to lose since her guard began to fall. "Alright, stressy. I was only trying to help. No need to bite my head off." She enjoyed being patronising to people who were frustrated or generally in a bad mood. It made some fun for her.

The flying side-piercing kick went alright, but Olive noticed the flaws straight away. And this girl, probably a Slytherin or something like that, she wasn't helping. Keeping her fists clenched, Olive resisted the urge to aim the next movement at the other girl and fumbled her way through the 360 degree jump. Olive spiraled a bit, having forgotten to tuck her legs properly, and she hoped it hadn't been noticed. "Biting your head off? I was only answering your question." Olive was confused, she didn't think she'd been rude or anything. But the Hufflepuff knew, this wasn't the first time that she had thought that and been wrong.

Shay smirked as the girl continued to muck up her moves. She knew she wasn't perfect at kick boxing but she was pretty sure she could do the simple moves that this girl was doing. They looked so easy. "Okay, well then you answered my question with an unnecessary attitude that I do not deserve." She shrugged and walked over to the window in the brick wall, leaning against the edge of it with her arms crossed. At least from here she could get a good view of the girl as she made a complete fool of herself. If only she had some popcorn. Then it would be dinner and a show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back