OOC First Name
Charlie
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
Straight 11 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Eoin was sat in the library by himself, hiding behind his large stack of books as he worked on his homework. This was just how he liked it, nice and quiet.

While Brooke had every confidence in her ability to get through her OWLs without trouble, it never hurt to get a head start on them. She just wished the younger students in the school would be a bit more considerate around the library, raising an eyebrow as she tried to find a spot to sit. "Are you actually planning on reading all those?" She asked a boy dubiously.

He barely glanced up when he heard a voice questioning his ability to read. "That is the plan, yes," he responded quietly as he flicked to the next page in his book. It was not like he had grabbed these books just for fun. Reading them had been the agenda.

Brooke raised a doubtful eyebrow, putting her hands on her hips. "You can read that fast, then?"

"Didn't realize there was a time limit," most of them were to help with his essay, he wasn't going to read through every single one of them from back to back. Though he would probably end up checking some of them out to read anyway.

"Well, someone else might want to use them. Or the space around them, anyway," Brooke said primly. "OWL and NEWT students have a lot of reading to get done too, you realize."

"Well, I'm using them so," he wasn't about to just let her waltz in and use the books he was already using, "Go find another copy. And there are other tables."

Brooke crossed her arms at the boy's response, letting out an offended huff. "Are you always this rude to older students?"

He finally looked up from his book and shrugged, "Only when I'm busy and would quite like to be left alone." He was hoping to get his work done and didn't have time to be arguing with an older student.

Brooke made an indignant noise, trying to decide if it was worth going to complain to one of the librarians when she spotted the pen the boy was using, rolling her eyes. "Oh of course, no one wonder you're so busy, being stuck using muggle tools like that would get anyone behind on their work," she said snidely.

He could take some things, but when someone started insulting Muggles that was something he was not going to ignore. "It's slower to have to keep dipping your quill into ink," he huffed back as he once again looked up from his work, "And more messy."

Brooke smirked, hoping she'd struck a nerve when the boy tried to defend his fussy little pen-thing. "That also explains all the books, you've probably got a lot of catching up to do," she said with mock-sympathy. "I'm sure you're doing your best."

His grip tightened on his pen, gritting his teeth. "I'm actually one of the top in my year," he snapped back rather quickly, "So you might need to check your prejudice before you make a fool of yourself." He had been quite proud of his straight O's the past couple of years.

"I'm sure you've worked very hard for it, too," Brooke said sweetly, resisting the urge to laugh at the comment about prejudice. It wasn't a lie that muggle kids had to work way harder to keep up, it was just fact. "Shame you had to start out 11 years behind everyone else."

She was really getting on his nerves now, Eoin gritting his teeth to stop himself from shouting. He didn't want to get kicked out of the library for being loud and causing a scene. "Are you quite done?" He instead huffed, "I have work to do. I don't have the time to sit here listening to you."

Brooke titled her head smugly, feeling better to see the annoying boy clearly agitated. "Oh of course, wouldn't want you to fall behind," she said lightly, sweeping past him to another part of the library. Brooke had no problem with muggleborns really, but she wished more of them had more respect for full blooded folk.

He tried to bite his tongue to stop himself from saying anything else as she finally walked past him, but he couldn't help it. The word slipped out before he could even really think about it. "B!tch." Thankfully it was spoken softly and under his breath and hoped she wouldn't hear it. He really just wanted to get on with his studying now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back