Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Swishy Spruce Wand with Chimera Scale Core
Quinn had been slightly stressed from teaching the last few weeks, getting her students prepared for their exams that were around the corner. It had been the weekend and had decided that she needed a few hours to relax and chill before going back to her stressed self again. Quinn enjoyed coming to Brightstone Village, reminding her of her magical roots. While walking around the village to find a place to eat, she thought she had see someone she knew from somewhere. Quinn shook her head, thinking it was just her imagination and kept walking. She then stopped in her tracks just to make sure she wasn't imagining things. She stared while squinting from time to time to make sure it was who it was. Quinn didn't know how long she was standing and staring, because she had heard someone call her out.

Kahurangi didn't get as much time away from Hogwarts these days as she had used to. The demands of being a Head of House had changed her schedule quite a bit, and there just seemed to be more and more things tying her to the castle. It almost didn't matter, Kahurangi's social life outside of work had dwindled to a trickle over the years, and other than rugby, there wasn't much getting her out of the castle anyway, but she did sometimes find herself feeling more than a bit stir-crazy. So it was a relief to take days like today on the rare occasion she did, and just get out of the castle into the fresh air, away from the concerns of her everyday life. She could do some shopping, get something to eat, maybe even a drink, in her own time as she pleased, with no students to worry about. Making her way down the street though, Kahurangi was stopped in her tracks as she noticed a pair of eyes on her. She frowned slightly, looking the woman over, trying to figure out why she was familiar. Far too old to be a former student, probably too young to be someone she had gone to Hogwarts with herself. After a moment thouhg, it clicked in Kahurangi's mind and her eyes widened, calling out almost without thinking as she approached the woman. "Quinn?!" She called, moving closer. "Quinn Mercury?! Merlin, I thought you were a muggle! It's been ages!" Kahurangi couldn't quite keep the nerves out of her smile. She had been forced to cut contact with most of her classmates from uni after taking the job at Hogwarts. Every time the conversation had turned to work there was simply too much she had needed to talk around. Now, though... if Quinn was really a witch, this changed everything. "What have you been up to?"

Quinn was startled a little when her name was called, bringing her back to reality. She realized that the person she was staring at was talking to her. It had finally clicked. "Kahurangi? This is such a surprise!" Quinn said with a laugh and large smile. It was nice seeing a familiar face around. "You thought I was a muggle? I thought you were a muggle. Its a small world. But It has defiantly been a long time" Quinn said with a giggle. Quinn hadn't known many witches or wizards since she arrived in New Zealand, so it was such a slight shock for Quinn to see that a familiar face from her University days was a witch. "Oh nothing really. Just been travelling and teaching around the world for a little bit after Uni, decided to come back here and teach muggle high school students." Quinn said with a smile and shrug. "What about you?"

Kahurangi laughed softly at the realisation that they had both thought the other was a muggle. It was a strange thought that all those years at uni she could have easily had a magical friend, but neither had had any clue about the identity of the other. She nodded with interest when Quinn said what she had been doing, struck with a small pang of jealousy. Kahurangi had always been a bit of a homebody, but adventuring around the world like that sounded nothing short of thrilling. "Wow, that must have been exciting!" She smiled. "I bet you've got a million stories." She laughed a little awkwardly when Quinn asked what she was doing. "Teaching at Hogwarts, actually. Ancient Runes. It'll be ten years next semester." Kahurangi hadn't been particularly counting down to her decade at the school, but the closer it got, the more aware she was of it. Ten entire years of her life, dedicated almost entirely to her work at Hogwarts. It felt like eternity and no time at all, all at once. Gesturing to the Three Broomsticks nearby, Kahurangi smiled. "Do you have time for a proper catch up? My shout."

Quinn nodded when Kahurangi had mentioned that her trips had sounded exciting and that she probably had a million of stories, she did enjoy her trips and viewing the globe, but she didn't like to brag about ti much. "Really? Hogwarts seems like a great place to work! Ten years? My, that's quite a long time!" Quinn says with a small smile. Working in a school filled with magic sounded magical to Quinn. Quinn smiled when Kahurangi asked about a proper catch up in the Three Broomsticks. "That sounds lovely" Quinn says with a smile.

I'm so sorry that this is late! Uni life is so stressful atm lol

((No worries! My turn to apologise, I've been ridiculously busy @_@ ))

Kahurangi laughed softly and nodded. "I try not to think about that, if I think about having the same job for ten years it makes me feel bloody ancient." She chuckled, only half joking. Work had kept her so busy for so long, that Kahurangi had just... looked at herself one day, and seen someone much older than she felt looking back. Where had her thirties gone? Ten years of teaching... it was a lot. She tried to push aside the thoughts and grinned, pleased Quinn accepted her offer of a drink. "Great!" Kahurangi said brightly, heading towards the Three Broomsticks with her. "So where have you been travelling?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back