Do I Even Know You Anymore?

Wendy Chaos

OOC First Name
Elphaba
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Wendy was in the library studying for her upcoming exams in an attempt to prepare herself for her O.W.L.'s that were fast approaching next year. If she was still eager to be an Auror (and she was), she was going to have to make sure she aced the tests because it wasn't easy to just be an Auror. She remembered all the requirements Professor Fletcher had told her it took to become an Auror - it was very intimidating to the Gryffindor girl, but after her recent talk with a new girl she'd met, Dakota, she was feeling a bit more positive lately.

She didn't know what it was that had caused her to think so negatively all of a sudden. Perhaps it was Hogwarts and its ability to change people all the time. Or maybe just the people at Hogwarts. Wendy had very few friends and she was okay with that, but somewhere along the way she had began allowing the opinions of others affect her until it had caused her self esteem to go straight down.

The newly shy Gryffindor girl sat at an empty table in the library, trying to read a book on Defense Against the Dark Arts (her favorite subject) but even that couldn't keep her from getting distracted. The Gryffindor girl sat there humming a song softly to herself (an obvious sign she wasn't reading) and twirled a stray strand of dirty blonde hair in her fingers.

Thomas roamed around the Library aimlessly, clearly bored out of his wits. With no work to do and with his small number of friends all busy he let the Ravenclaw in him direct him to the Library. It was a place that he didn't go to all that often. Running his finger along the spines of a few books not really taking much notice of them he let out a small sigh. What had happened him? He didn't need anyone to tell him for he knew it himself, he had changed. Last year and this year he had become far too lazy in his school work, to be honest he should be spending this time catching up in his missed essays but he honestly couldn't bring himself to do it.

As he thought about how he had lost his will to do work he remembered how he had always wanted to become an Auror. Memories of his first year at Hogwarts came back to him when he was always on top of his work, the dream of becoming an Auror always in the forefront of his mind. It seemed though that that memory was fading more and more as the time went on. It was still there, just not as strong. Turning a corner into another section of the library, as quiet as the rest of it. Quiet apart from the sound of faint humming. Taking his eyes off of the books they soon landed on a blond haired girl that he hadn't talked too in sometime. "Hello stranger." he said with a smile as he walked over to Wendy, hoping she would be up for a chat, someone to keep him company.

Wendy was on the chorus of her song when someone spoke in a greeting. The library was pretty quiet except for her humming so any disturbance in the noise was obvious. Wendy looked up, just to see who was talking and to whom, so she was a bit surprised to see that the greeting was directed towards her. It was Thomas Smith, a boy she had talked to in her first year and gotten along well with, even developing a bit of a crush on him, though thankfully it was short lived. She remembered they both had similar dreams of becoming Aurors, but they were fourth years now and a million and one things were different with them.

Wendy smiled in return at him. "Well if it isn't my sister's latest conquest," she greeted him teasingly. She smirked slightly before laughing to say she was joking and corrected herself. "Hi Thomas."

Rolling his eyes at her comment Thomas took her acknowledgement of him as an OK to take a seat beside her. "Don't be like that." he said as he moved from where he stood. Thomas knew that Isabella had had a few boyfriends in the past but this didn't bother him. He knew what the two had between them was special and that's all that mattered to him. Sure the way the two of them had gotten together hadn't been the most conventional way to start a relationship but it had happened and nothing could be done about it now.

Sitting down he sat with his body facing Wendy. "Anyway, hello Wendy." he said with a smile. "How've you been?" he asked, having not talked to her properly in far too long. To be fair, Thomas hadn't been the best at keeping his friends, not for lack of want but he had grown up not having many friends he just found it hard to keep the ties he tried so hard to make. With this in mind, he was trying extra harder as of late, the first one being with Joce and now Wendy. All stepping stones in his overall goal, Autumn.

Wendy shrugged her shoulders casually with an 'Oh well' look as Thomas said 'Don't be like that.' Wendy was just stating the truth, though she did admit she didn't have to be so teasing about it. It wasn't that she thought her sister had a lot of boyfriends (though it was certainly more than her), but the word conquets seemed perfectly fitting for Isabella. She was a snake after all, once she had a prey she would go to great lengths to get it. And the Ravenclaw boy sitting across from Wendy was living proof of that as it wasn't exactly a secret how Isabella and Thomas had gotten together, at least it wasn't a secret to her. She didn't know if anyone else knew, but she wasn't the type to go around and spread the gossip, she would leave that to her sister, let her dig her own grave.

"Hello Thomas," she repeated semi-formally to mock him slightly. A faint smile appeared on Wendy's face, as if the gesture seemed foreign to her lately. It hadn't exactly, she had been hanging out with another Ravenclaw, Dakota, lately and the girl had been able to bring some of the saturation back in Wendy's blue eyes, but Wendy wasn't complete yet, something was definitely broken about her now. "I'm okay, still breathing," she shrugged her shoulders as if that was all she could ask for, grinning to show that she was playing again. "How about you?" she asked with an eyebrow raised. "Being with my sister can't be easy," yet again she teased.

Sorry >.< Just getting back to my RPs after my little trip :lol:

Thomas decided not to take much notice to Wendys attitude which she had towards him dating her sister. He didn't know why Wedny was so against the two of them dating, maybe it was how the two had gotten together (which a lot of people didn't approve off) or it was because Wedny didn't like her sister, for whatever the reason it was clear she wasn't happy about it, but Thomas didn't care. Why should he care anyway? He was perfectly happy with Isabella and he had gone through enough crap about how he had treated Autumn when he got together with Isabella, but that was in the past and all he was worried about now was the present and his future with Isabella. Then again, he was still young; too young to be thinking about the future. He rolled his eyes lightly at her come back to his question, but he knew Wendy well enough to know she was only messing, and not being a complete b!tch towards him; which he was thankfully for. "Actually it's very easy." he said truthfully, as he leaned forward. "And I'm pretty good. The pile of essays in my room on the other hand.." he said with a small laugh, for a Ravenclaw he was very slack on his work.

[Sorry I've been busy! :( ]

Wendy made herself comfortable in her seat, crossing her legs to sit on the chair indian style and turned herself to face Thomas better. She placed her arm on the table and rested her head on her hand as she looked at him with mild amusement at him saying his relationship with Isabella was easy. She didn't imagine how someone who wasn't family would put up with her high maintenance self; but she felt Thomas had had enough teasing for now. It wasn't as if she hated her half-sister, she just knew that she was sometimes a little difficult to get along with and liked to tease Thomas about it.

As Thomas then changed the subject to his neglected homework Wendy chuckled and said, "I know how that is. I've been trying to keep up with my school work but once you've let it slip it's hard to pick back up," she admitted with a soft sigh that said 'Oh well, what can you do?' Wendy glanced down at her unmanicured nails, bitten down to the point of unattractiveness and looked back up at Thomas. "Do you still want to be an Auror?" she asked with curiosity. It had been so long since they last talked and she felt he was a different person now. Was she a different person too? Probably. She was no longer this naive, bubbly little Gryffindor.

Thomas grinned and nodded back in agreement, glad he wasn't the only one who had seemed to fall behind. He knew next year was going to be even harder on him but some of the Professors were really wasn't letting go on how if they don't focus this year they will fail miserably next year come their OWLs, which was hard to hear everyday, he didn't know how people did it in their actual OWL year. He would really need to make a start on them at some stage. He used to be so good at keeping up with his work but as of late he seemed to lack the motivation to do so and he knew this would be his downfall in the years to come.

When Wendy asked him about becoming an Auror he blinked a few times, having not thought about his dream to become an Auror in quite sometime. His thoughts went back to the day he first meet Wendy and how they both spoke of their dreams to become one, he had been so set on that four years ago, what had happened to him that he hadn't even remembered about. "I haven't thought about that in so long." he said, his gaze focusing on the table. "But I guess so. What about you?" he asked, looking back up at Wendy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back